Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

No packet loss when I test speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com

But anyway, it looks like I'm gonna have to stop playing for a few weeks. This is unplayable. Only POE does this too so I know it's not my computer or connection.

Are you installed on an SSD/ is it an old install / is it steam version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Kild posted:

Are you installed on an SSD/ is it an old install / is it steam version?

SSD / new install / steam version

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

enraged_camel posted:

SSD / new install / steam version

Try setting it to Predictive instead of Lockstep and see if things improve (you might get some rubberbanding though).

If that doesn't work, try adding --noasync to your launch options (right click on PoE in Steam library > properties > general > set launch options > paste "--noasync" with no quotes). This will make your load screens longer because the game will load all the assets it needs during zone transitions instead of loading them on the fly during gameplay. Some people get less stuttering during gameplay with this option on. I know it really helped me during Prophecy and Essence leagues when I was having terrible stuttering even on a SSD with 17ms ping, but something they changed made me no longer need it for Breach. Try it out, it might help or it might not.

I hope you find a way to make the game playable!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah I already tried Predictive. It resulted in situations where my character would frequently warp back to where she was 4-5 seconds ago, and usually ending up dead because the server didn't think she was actually dodging all those fireballs.

I'll give the noasync flag a shot.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I get the catchup thing and poe has really been hitting my cpu hard recently. With the hot weather recently eventually my computer overheats too much and blue screens. The catchup thing happens a lot more frequently up until that point.
If I open my case and point a fan at it then it barely happens at all and my now cool computer stops blue screening.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Stangg posted:

I get the catchup thing and poe has really been hitting my cpu hard recently. With the hot weather recently eventually my computer overheats too much and blue screens. The catchup thing happens a lot more frequently up until that point.
If I open my case and point a fan at it then it barely happens at all and my now cool computer stops blue screening.

Try putting on vsync if you don't have it on. It dropped my GPU temps from 78C to 59C because the game wasn't constantly using 100% of available GPU time.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Anyone know a good way to estimate Firestorm DPS? I came up with this for 3.0 hardcore and want to know how much DPS a ~10k average hit for Firestorm comes out to when you're doing Scorching Ray-CWC-Firestorm. It's block/spell block/spell dodge capped with Rumi's and Vaal Grace with 110% skill duration, wondering if the DPS will be high enough for it to be viable.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah I already tried Predictive. It resulted in situations where my character would frequently warp back to where she was 4-5 seconds ago, and usually ending up dead because the server didn't think she was actually dodging all those fireballs.

I'll give the noasync flag a shot.

It really does sound like you've got a very unstable connection to the realm

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Also have you tried other gateways?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Xequecal posted:

Anyone know a good way to estimate Firestorm DPS? I came up with this for 3.0 hardcore and want to know how much DPS a ~10k average hit for Firestorm comes out to when you're doing Scorching Ray-CWC-Firestorm. It's block/spell block/spell dodge capped with Rumi's and Vaal Grace with 110% skill duration, wondering if the DPS will be high enough for it to be viable.

Could try this. Plugged in the numbers, came out to just over 230k.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 8, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

TheRat posted:

It really does sound like you've got a very unstable connection to the realm

It's this one. Every single thing described is "your connection sucks"

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Magus42 posted:

It's this one. Every single thing described is "your connection sucks"

Kild posted:

Also have you tried other gateways?

Yeah, you're definitely describing a bad connection to the server. Sometimes certain ISPs have trouble getting to certain GGG gateways, try other gateways and try contacting GGG support. I've seen them troubleshoot issues like this with people on Reddit.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So I just realised I put a bunch of MTX onto one of my HC characters in a voided league :v: Guess I gotta contact support to get them back now right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That might get fixed by the new MTX system :shrug:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Oh my god Weta pets are on sale for 2 points each. I have 350 from the outlaw supporter pack, time to fill my hideout with hideous bugs.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

nightwisher posted:

So I just realised I put a bunch of MTX onto one of my HC characters in a voided league :v: Guess I gotta contact support to get them back now right?

How did you manage that when mtx is disabled in voided leagues?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

How did you manage that when mtx is disabled in voided leagues?

It was one of those 2hr Uber Beyond leagues or whatever, for some reason they let you use the MTX panel during it. I didn't even think of it at the time, but yeah it was a voided race.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Playing on the beta, I got Cospri's Will, and then 30 minutes later got Shav's Wrappings. I now have more buying power than I've ever had on the line environment. :shepicide:

I look forward to not having any such luck once 3.0 hits live.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 9, 2017

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Here, have a tablebreaking 4K screenshot of a shitzillion weta:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That's what you get for introducing a species with no predators into a map room and also gross, gross

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God I hate it, but at the same time I love it that you were crazy enough to do it.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

nightwisher posted:

It was one of those 2hr Uber Beyond leagues or whatever, for some reason they let you use the MTX panel during it. I didn't even think of it at the time, but yeah it was a voided race.

Weird, should have only been able to use portals at most. Email ggg if you haven't already, they should be able to help with that.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Elentor posted:

God I hate it, but at the same time I love it that you were crazy enough to do it.

Best 800 points I ever spent. Trading is going to be real fun :D

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
JFC piscator's are insanely expensive this early in a league. And they're always like 1c at the end of a league. I knew I shouldn't have chosen immolate KB elewander as my first beta character.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Phobophilia posted:

JFC piscator's are insanely expensive this early in a league. And they're always like 1c at the end of a league. I knew I shouldn't have chosen immolate KB elewander as my first beta character.

...early in a league?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silvergoose posted:

...early in a league?

The beta league just started/got reset.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Elentor posted:

The beta league just started/got reset.

Oh okay that thing I'm not in. Carry on.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Beta's been up for less than a week, that sorta counts like a league, right?

Many common or non-meta build-defining uniques cost an abnormal amount whenever a league starts, I suppose that's normal.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ele wander is in thanks to mathil

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In that case, maybe I should respec out of wands, grab a lioneye's and start spamming that around. The good news is I basically don't need to change my tree. And because Lioneye's has such a high attack speed, you can essentially scale it like an elebow.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a place I can see all the new items/gems being added in the Beta? I don't have a beta key to check them out but I'm kinda curious anyway

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Gems
Only new unique I'm aware of

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ah, it seems that one isn't as updated like I expected.

It's just I think saw one new gem where you summoned beasts to fight for you? I was excited since I could maybe really play as a Ranger in my mind, bow in hand and animals at my side

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

There's a few other gems as of the latest update, tutorial supports that seem nice (onslaught and that one that's a chance to get a big more mod to spell damage for a few seconds on hit). Also quite a lot of existing uniques have been changed, like the free skills on Doryani's Fist and Al Dhih or number ranges made easier to roll like Doomsower.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What's the trick to the Yugul fight? That max block build linked a couple pages ago has been cruising through the game no problem even with just a 4l but that fight hosed me up.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
It's just kind of a horrible fight. You have to kite the balls and keep moving, stopping to attack when you get some space. If you don't have any movespeed it's going to be rough, unless there IS some trick I didn't pick up on.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

frajaq posted:

I was excited since I could maybe really play as a Ranger in my mind, bow in hand and animals at my side

Well, technically you could use Rigwald's Crest I guess. Not what you're looking for but the closest you'll get right now I think.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Artificial Idiocy posted:

It's just kind of a horrible fight. You have to kite the balls and keep moving, stopping to attack when you get some space. If you don't have any movespeed it's going to be rough, unless there IS some trick I didn't pick up on.

The balls speed up at certain stages, gotta stay on the move for em during that bit. Also if you're slow as balls (heh) used those dang movement skills you should be using anyways.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ugh how do i scale glacial cascade into the lategame as an elementalist? so far i've been using added fire damage and phys to lightning (to proc herald of thunder - coh - assassin's mark) but it's starting to hit a plateau, and i'm not even in yellow maps yet

my other question is: is there a cool ES regen build I could go with occultist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

ugh how do i scale glacial cascade into the lategame as an elementalist? so far i've been using added fire damage and phys to lightning (to proc herald of thunder - coh - assassin's mark) but it's starting to hit a plateau, and i'm not even in yellow maps yet

my other question is: is there a cool ES regen build I could go with occultist?

You'll probably want to get winter spirit for cold damage conversion and link cold penetration over physical to lightning.

• Locked thread