Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Nordick posted:

playing the game for six years
doing anything stupid

snip!

MariusLecter posted:

30% off the $100 gold and credits crate is like $70

Lmao

Wait a minute, carry the one.... :monocle:

A Handed Missus posted:

Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J is on the EU store for a week lol

:regd08:

It's official, WoT's in fire sale mode. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

snip!

Wait a minute, carry the one.... :monocle:

:regd08:

It's official, WoT's in fire sale mode. :(

I thought it was offered in Europe a couple of times now.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I meant relatively speaking goddamnit

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
had a sweet streak of tvp games http://imgur.com/etMHP2H

also captin blaarg was talking about free tank from tank rewards so figured id go check to see if i had any points because i didnt try to do those missions that month turns out i had 53 and got a free junk tank too ! :gifttank: http://imgur.com/a/t5D2R

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 7, 2017

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Turmoilx posted:

had a sweet streak of tvp games http://imgur.com/etMHP2H

also captin blaarg was talking about free tank from tank rewards so figured id go check to see if i had any points because i didnt try to do those missions that month turns out i had 53 and got a free junk tank too ! :gifttank: http://imgur.com/a/t5D2R

:pervert: On that note, I got 69. :pervert:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

HFX posted:

I thought it was offered in Europe a couple of times now.

Yeah, but the point is that they're selling it again, despite everyone insisting that it's unbalanced.

Nordick posted:

I meant relatively speaking goddamnit

Hey I play this game too! We all make mistakes! :glomp:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Wanna know what'd be eeeeeevil?

Preferential matchmaking boosters. Usable on all tanks tiers 3-8, including premiums that don't already have it. Active for 30-60 minutes depending on small/large.

EDIT: Wow, that idea was so evil it made the SSL certificate expire.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 8, 2017

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I got the t-28e f-30 reward too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wanna know what'd be eeeeeevil?

Preferential matchmaking boosters. Usable on all tanks tiers 3-8, including premiums that don't already have it. Active for 30-60 minutes depending on small/large.

EDIT: Wow, that idea was so evil it made the SSL certificate expire.

That would melt the servers. They already struggle as is

So for shits and giggles I dusted off the old Super Pershing and gave it another run. Jesus this thing still rocks. First match was a high caliber. Nothing quite beats being top tier and rolling into the south camp on Erlenberg and laugh as you steadily kick the other team's rear end while the shells bounce off the front. Even had the old desperate Skorpion switch to HE to try and do something. What really shocked me was I was bouncing shells from a Lowe

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SocketWrench posted:

That would melt the servers. They already struggle as is

Naw, more than likely if multiple people were using those theoretical pref matchmaking boosters on their tier eights, the matchmaker would be forced to make several all tier 8 matches, and when it eats all the tier eights in a queue to do it, it'd be forced to make lots of tier 10 only matches to drain off the tier ten players, and tier 9s would have an even chance of 10-9 or all 9. Tier 7s also probably would be top tier against 5s, unless there's a bunch of tier seven platoons in which case it'd make all tier 7 matches and tier 6s would get the benefits.

Seriously the matchmaker has a substantially easier time making same-tier matches, even with NA's lovely population, and all it takes is a small amount of hiccups for the matchmaker to be forced to give us the matchmaking we want. 99% of the playerbase that are normal human beings want same-tier games, and like 80% of the total playerbase want them too (but you should ignore the shitters who die to tier 6s in their Defender after dealing 400 damage.) Wargaming is the only force pushing for 3-5-7. They removed Battle Tier 12, which completely hosed tier eight matchmaking for years, and when the first matchmaker overhaul was giving too many enjoyable battles, they made it harder for the matchmaker to create same-tier battles. Wargaming wants 3-5-7 because that induces more players to be forced to fire premium ammo to be able to contribute in any way. I mean poo poo, platoons are still the only way to play the game because it's much more pleasant to play with other human beings on your team, but platoons are hosed so hard by matchmaking that it might not even be advantageous to platoon! Seriously, when you get into a 3-5-7 match, count the number of times the 3 are platooned. It is exceptionally rare for a platoon to be among the top of a team in 3-5-7.

gently caress Wargaming.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Welp, since taking up the T26E4 last night I got my first MoE ever. That was a surprise

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Naw, more than likely if multiple people were using those theoretical pref matchmaking boosters on their tier eights, the matchmaker would be forced to make several all tier 8 matches, and when it eats all the tier eights in a queue to do it, it'd be forced to make lots of tier 10 only matches to drain off the tier ten players, and tier 9s would have an even chance of 10-9 or all 9. Tier 7s also probably would be top tier against 5s, unless there's a bunch of tier seven platoons in which case it'd make all tier 7 matches and tier 6s would get the benefits.

Seriously the matchmaker has a substantially easier time making same-tier matches, even with NA's lovely population, and all it takes is a small amount of hiccups for the matchmaker to be forced to give us the matchmaking we want. 99% of the playerbase that are normal human beings want same-tier games, and like 80% of the total playerbase want them too (but you should ignore the shitters who die to tier 6s in their Defender after dealing 400 damage.) Wargaming is the only force pushing for 3-5-7. They removed Battle Tier 12, which completely hosed tier eight matchmaking for years, and when the first matchmaker overhaul was giving too many enjoyable battles, they made it harder for the matchmaker to create same-tier battles. Wargaming wants 3-5-7 because that induces more players to be forced to fire premium ammo to be able to contribute in any way. I mean poo poo, platoons are still the only way to play the game because it's much more pleasant to play with other human beings on your team, but platoons are hosed so hard by matchmaking that it might not even be advantageous to platoon! Seriously, when you get into a 3-5-7 match, count the number of times the 3 are platooned. It is exceptionally rare for a platoon to be among the top of a team in 3-5-7.

gently caress Wargaming.

Something tells me, though, that the sheer volume of gold shells that shitters fire at unarmored scouts and paper TDs mean that there's still going to be plenty of premium shell usage even with same-tier matches. Wargaming is probably too stupid to realize this, though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have a replay of 10k combined damage in the 13-90.

I wasn't even on LT-15-4 yet, and I just got LT-15-3 last week. :suicide:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

McGavin posted:

:lol: @ top damage on the other team also being a 1390

...in a tier 10 match, no less.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Atomizer posted:

Something tells me, though, that the sheer volume of gold shells that shitters fire at unarmored scouts and paper TDs mean that there's still going to be plenty of premium shell usage even with same-tier matches. Wargaming is probably too stupid to realize this, though.

At this point i've eaten so many HEAT and prem gold rounds in the Skorpion that im sure a lot of people just exclusively load premium these days.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

At this point i've eaten so many HEAT and prem gold rounds in the Skorpion that im sure a lot of people just exclusively load premium these days.

If they go through with the "Gold ammo does less damage" thing, I imagine that might incidentally soft-buff tanks like the scorpion. It won't help against people that have more than two brain cells kicking around, but those that just load gold might end up losing to those that don't even in an otherwise equal match.

Of course if you're really good, you can probably do well with drat near any ammo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I also unlocked the Ferdinand earlier this week and im just running through the grind to the big gun. Having the Jpanthers gun isn't that bad given that you can actually trade a few shots to make use of the DPM, but its pointless trying to damage heavies tier 9 and up with it frontally.

Also does it have different aim stats compared to the jpanther? It seems to have much worse accuracy.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I bought the stock gun for the ISU-152 last night to have it mounted before 9.20 goes live, because I don't trust them to delete it outright. Better to just have it sit on a shelf in the depot until I decide to get the 704.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The enemy artillery, the tier 9 french one, had 14 shots, 6 direct hits, 5 splashes, for 646 damage and zero kills. What a loving shitbox. Also your 148k credit ammo bill, dear god.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I only shoot gold in autoloaders, unless the gold round is HEAT. :capitalism:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

speaking of

– There are plans to adjust the in-game credit economy, seeing as the new matchmaker has left fewer total hitpoints in battle, and thus reducing the number of credits that can be earned.

:thunk:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

2Jets posted:

I got the t-28e f-30 reward too.

played one game in it luckily i won i plan to never play it again ..it feels like a free tank aka useless terrible worst tank i ever played! thanks wg as usual :)

A Handed Missus posted:

speaking of

– There are plans to adjust the in-game credit economy, seeing as the new matchmaker has left fewer total hitpoints in battle, and thus reducing the number of credits that can be earned.

:thunk:

when did wargaming say this, if they did? that sounds terrible like they clearly want us to know they want their game to be dreadful to play .. i wish i could quit :smithicide:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 9, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Turmoilx posted:

when did wargaming say this, if they did? that sounds terrible like they clearly want us to know they want their game to be dreadful to play .. i wish i could quit :smithicide:

They are saying they want to buff credit earnings to compensate for lower total HP in most games after the 3/5/7 MM change.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Turmoilx posted:

played one game in it luckily i won i plan to never play it again ..it feels like a free tank aka useless terrible worst tank i ever played! thanks wg as usual :)
What? The T-28 F-30 is fun as all hell with that retarded Tier VI gun. Load HE and you can one-shot pretty much any Tier III and some Tier IV tanks. I paid for that thing and feel it money well spent.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Turmoilx posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad. It only goes 35kph down hill and 50mm of armor is nothing when tanks like the lusch have like 90pen. The crew layout sucks too. Why dose this thing need two radio operators. I'm probably going to sell it after I ace it. But that might take a while because somehow 7 kills and 1900dmg is only a 1st class badge.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Just lol if you don't remember using the old 85mil t-28 in tier 7s. In my day you ground it out and you liked it! And premium ammo for credits wasn't a thing. Also there were like 6 or 7 trees in the game...fffffuuuuuckkkk I've playing this garbage too long.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Just lol if you don't remember using the old 85mil t-28 in tier 7s. In my day you ground it out and you liked it! And premium ammo for credits wasn't a thing. Also there were like 6 or 7 trees in the game...fffffuuuuuckkkk I've playing this garbage too long.

i was very red back then and id take it pretending im a soda can and just suicide ram into an enemy at the start of every battle to see how good of crunch sound it could get out of it because it sucked so bad and i was a noob that just wanted the next tank (didnt know back then the better you did the faster you get to the next tank) also didnt know about stats of course so it was just yolo if i dont like the tank..ah getting to the e5 was probably the worst time in my life (first tier x)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 9, 2017

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I don't think the 85 on it handles as good as it did back then. Then again I used the 57. It also is not as quick as it was back then.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
My WN8 is taking a beating grinding out the ferdi's top gun. The difference in alpha and pen just makes it so hard to do enough damage to not lose points.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'd think anyone's stats would take a beating from simply playing that tank

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HFX posted:

I don't think the 85 on it handles as good as it did back then. Then again I used the 57. It also is not as quick as it was back then.
The old 85 on the T-28 always handled like complete rear end.

And the SU-85B is the premier 85mm platform anyways.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 9, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

im on the heat again.. http://imgur.com/ELIkZsu e100 is a super good tank with heat i had forgotten how good

game has been making me mad a lot more recently (im blaming loser platoons that keep getting on my team)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 10, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

gently caress, the Tank Rewards prizes for July are trash.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

gently caress, the Tank Rewards prizes for July are trash.

There's a 34-85M marathon coming up, that's probably why.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Is there a new trend for heavies to gently caress themselves stupid lately? I've been getting matches with lots of heavies in them around T8 and you either get a team of them that can steamroll or a team of them that poo poo their diapers (And belittle the rest of the team after sometimes). I mean before they could at least take a few heavies out but now it's like one side just gets rolled with no effort.
I forgot how much I loved the T26E4. Just sitting near a corner and laughing as people take shots at your frontal plates is so enjoyable. Even funnier is when the whole group pitted against you starts fire HE in desperation.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Is there a new trend for heavies to gently caress themselves stupid lately? I've been getting matches with lots of heavies in them around T8 and you either get a team of them that can steamroll or a team of them that poo poo their diapers (And belittle the rest of the team after sometimes). I mean before they could at least take a few heavies out but now it's like one side just gets rolled with no effort.

With limited exaggeration, this sounds like every match of WoT, ever.

SocketWrench posted:

I forgot how much I loved the T26E4. Just sitting near a corner and laughing as people take shots at your frontal plates is so enjoyable. Even funnier is when the whole group pitted against you starts fire HE in desperation.

I quite enjoyed blapping an SP through the front with my ISU's doomcannon the other night. It was a nice finale to that grind (and just in time, too!)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

There are a lot more tanks that are literally invulnerable to same tier or lower tanks than there used to be. Back in the day, yeah if you're on the west side of Abbey with your Hellcat and some Type 59 comes at you, you're going to die without damaging it since no one's gonna shoot actual gold, but if you were in an IS-3 both you and the Type would be dealing damage with their shots. Now, if a Type 59 comes at you in your Hellcat, you're going to deal damage twice with APCR and die, but if you were in a Defender, you'd take zero damage and kill the Type 59. It's actually kind of a bizarre switch.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Atomizer posted:

With limited exaggeration, this sounds like every match of WoT, ever.

Well, it did happen before, just not so much. It's just really constant now, for me anyways.

quote:

I quite enjoyed blapping an SP through the front with my ISU's doomcannon the other night. It was a nice finale to that grind (and just in time, too!)

Yeah, smart people try to avoid the derp/doom guns. Though even then they have to be smart. I got to experience a derp shot off some Jap heavy yesterday and it barely did anything because he dumped it into my frontal plates

Hellsau posted:

There are a lot more tanks that are literally invulnerable to same tier or lower tanks than there used to be. Back in the day, yeah if you're on the west side of Abbey with your Hellcat and some Type 59 comes at you, you're going to die without damaging it since no one's gonna shoot actual gold, but if you were in an IS-3 both you and the Type would be dealing damage with their shots. Now, if a Type 59 comes at you in your Hellcat, you're going to deal damage twice with APCR and die, but if you were in a Defender, you'd take zero damage and kill the Type 59. It's actually kind of a bizarre switch.

I suppose that may be. I have noticed some of the heavies I've taken on don't bother to aim much either. Hull down in the SP on Fjords I racked up a lot of blocked damage because they kept bouncing rounds off the mantlet rather than aim for the hatch, but I just assumed it was a fluke, but it's getting to be more and more common when I find a good hull down spot

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

I suppose that may be. I have noticed some of the heavies I've taken on don't bother to aim much either. Hull down in the SP on Fjords I racked up a lot of blocked damage because they kept bouncing rounds off the mantlet rather than aim for the hatch, but I just assumed it was a fluke, but it's getting to be more and more common when I find a good hull down spot

It could be they were also trying to aim under the mantlet because the cupola was at a bad angle to actually hit / do damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Haven't played in a few months but played a game last night in my Object 430 II, 5,000+ damage done and 5,000+ damage blocked ACE tanker badge. Tank still stronk as gently caress and pubbies still dumb as poo poo.