Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aforgomon
Nov 29, 2015

Rhombicosidodecahedron

What I find most disturbing about this is that 74 people bid on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
lol, 350AUD for a $10 soft toy with a dick slit cut in the back, and 75 people bidding. I wonder how much the 'winner' eventually paid for that thing

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

What's the thread consensus on what the word "normative" means?

It means "normal", but stated in a condescending tone while holding a copy of Foucault's "Discipline and Punish".

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

curufinor posted:

they denote things which are bad and full of libertarian anarchist ponzi drug mules. or programmers who produce a line of code a week. or (rather most likely), people who let their brains leak out of their head when they touch the ground of the bay area. i've lived there for 7 years and am going back soon. lol it happens

I think it's less bay area in general and more san francisco in specific. The really out there profiles from SF and Oakland have totally distinct flavors. Oakland is more "I'm a black bloc art anarchist growing GMO free vegetables in my farm inside an abandoned parking garage. Also I'm poly." while SF is "I'm a technowizard writing code as the CEO of my blockchain startup in finance. I live for travel. Also I'm poly."

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Huh. I never expected crossover between the furries and the Amish.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

This is amazing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I like how the yellow furry's head was sculpted to have a look of solemn regret.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Leavemywife posted:

Furmish!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Furries and... Handmaid's Tale cosplay?

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Whoa, Amish guy in the front has got it going on.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
where geographically is this meeting possible. Philadelphia?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Weldon Pemberton posted:

It means "normal", but stated in a condescending tone while holding a copy of Foucault's "Discipline and Punish".

Except it doesn't? It means that something establishes the definition of normal, so being "a normative guy" is a fairly tall order.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

where geographically is this meeting possible. Philadelphia?

Pittsburgh. That was taken at Anthrocon at the David Lawrence Convention Center. Someone posted it on /r/Pittsburgh, I didn't know that offhand.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WOULD

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I spend so much time in this thread that I know exactly what kind of cartoon animals degenerates want to gently caress, and now a minor life regret of mine is that I didn't learn how to skillfully use the sewing machine.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

And with that, Rumspringa came to a screeching halt as the young Amish swore they would never venture to interact with the english world again.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I can't even imagine how insane furry communities must be now. They were already hosed up 10 years ago and must have evolved exponentially since then.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Except it doesn't? It means that something establishes the definition of normal, so being "a normative guy" is a fairly tall order.

I was trying to tell a joke, but fine, a normative person conforms to the established "norms" (in the sociological sense of the word) of society. It genuinely is just a more academic word for "normal" with a few more subtleties and without negative connotations.* With regard to what that other guy was rambling about, he means Edward Snowden conforms to the norms regarding gender and sexuality in the Western world, in contrast to Chelsea Manning. The sociological definition is independent from the concept of a "normative statement" in the field of logic/philosophy.

*Except for the negative connotation that can arise from saying it condescendingly to suggest being normal is inherently pedestrian or ignorant, which was the point of my joke. You literally just made me explain my joke.

Weldon Pemberton has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Jul 8, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Man, if you were to put a pic of snowden in front of anyone before the leaks and caption it Generic White Man, nobody would've blinked an eye

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

curufinor posted:

Man, if you were to put a pic of snowden in front of anyone before the leaks and caption it Generic White Man, nobody would've blinked an eye

This is pretty awkward

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A young Hugo Drax?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Jul 9, 2017

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

So that's what bitcoins look like

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Leavemywife posted:

They're Mennonites. Just to be a pedant about German Pietist communities.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AlbieQuirky posted:

They're Mennonites. Just to be a pedant about German Pietist communities.

do mennonites have rumspringa? the community sort of near where my sister lives in ca is like super liberal ( compared to amish) the most they seem to do is dress in the clothing and not drive. They ride in taxis to winco and buy a bunch of meat and they are generally pretty active in local politics and while they are anti lgbt which is stupid they are very pro helping poor people.

text me a vag pic posted:

I've never had trouble getting women and I'm a fat white guy. Ladies swoon when they see my room

180 cm is 5.9 in american

snergle has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Jul 9, 2017

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

snergle posted:

190 cm is 5.9 in american

Six four actually. Pro username BTW.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Safety Biscuits posted:

Six four actually. Pro username BTW.

I mis typed its 180 in his thing and 180 is 5.9. Also ty. I love the might and magic games and few people recognize the reference.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

How awkward, quote isn't edit.

E: My thumbs are so ugly and gross. Anyway, 180cm is a shade under six feet, not five nine. 30cm to a foot.

Safety Biscuits has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Jul 9, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Safety Biscuits posted:

How awkward, quote isn't edit.

E: My thumbs are so ugly and gross. Anyway, 180cm is a shade under six feet, not five nine. 30cm to a foot.

It's just about 5.9 feet, or about 5'11" in real notation.

He's just mad at all the 6'0"-minimum Tinder girls.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Stop using decimal points in your neanderthal measuring system.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

You can't post that without the other great AUG Sonic video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCIUfek7y2M

I swear if that kept going Sonic and Knuckles were going to gently caress. It seriously turns into something that looks like a gay Woodrocket parody.

And my constant bewilderment that Sonic is insanely popular with people who weren't even born when there was decent stuff featuring him being obsessed. Can't all just be autism making people react to his big eyes and weirdly shaped and placed mouth.

Back to that living Ken Doll, it's really obvious that despite all the surgery he's gotten, he hasn't changed his life style. He's got some early stage moobs going on there.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Somfin posted:

It's just about 5.9 feet, or about 5'11" in real notation.

He's just mad at all the 6'0"-minimum Tinder girls.

Yeah, 180cm is the continental European equivalent of 6 foot wrt "I only like men over X" because these things aren't some kind of beep boop exact science but rather more of a metre stick.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

This is something the world does not need. Sure, they may delight in the funny people in fursuits now but once they decide to give it a go it's gonna be trouble. It's a recipe for violence.

First off, the Amish stink. They just do. Barn raisin' and working the fields along with lack of a modern English hygiene regimen makes for a smelly, stinky people. Now stuff that guy in a homemade woolen fursuit and you've got a stench that could gag a buzzard.

Second, they are tough as hell and do not take poo poo from the English. They won't ever start a fight but when hosed with they have no trouble beating the poo poo out of someone. I witnessed this first hand. There was a mall on the east side of Lancaster, can't remember the name but it was near Dutch wonderland if anyone knows that area. I happened to end up there with a bunch of my idiot teenage friends.

Up walks a few young Amish and one of these guys I was with pipes up with something like "Hey fuckface, at least kick the horseshit off your boots before you go in our mall". Where he got "our mall" from I don't know. We were from the next county over. Anyhow one of the Amish guy shoots him a look and my friend goes over and gives him a shove and calls him a "loving yonie human being" with which he is greeted by an absolutely savage right hand.

Friend is left sprawled on the ground, out cold. Huge hole in his lip where his teeth cut through. The Amish kids turned around and walked off. No way were we gonna give chase for more of the same. The friend ended up with a few stitches and a thoroughly hosed up face for a couple of weeks.

Now put a smelly Amish kid, strong as a plow horse and full of confusing teenage hormones inside a gross homemade fursuit cobbled together from farm animal scraps and set him loose to go merrily glomping around the streets of Lancaster. He'll either be shot for looking like an actual, literal monster or he'll end up beating the poo poo of people when they shove him away in revulsion.

Please furries, leave the Amish alone. They're generally friendly, harmless people but just let them sow their wild oats with cocaine and rap music like they've been known to do. Leave them out of your furry nonsense for everyone's sake.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Stop using decimal points in your neanderthal measuring system.

Yeah, use decimal commas like adults!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
But if they didn't pointlessly inject themselves into situations where they're not welcome and then whine about how it's just about them actually, how could they be furries?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:nws:ダイアナは肌を必要とする:nws:

"Hopefully" you can see this, as Imgur removed it once already.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

:nws:ダイアナは肌を必要とする:nws:

"Hopefully" you can see this, as Imgur removed it once already.

Hans loves her.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Oh hey I have that foot pump, it's not very good. You can do better, pervert man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Please furries, leave the Amish alone.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

• Locked thread