Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
gently caress yeah, pulled Gil with the free summon ticket today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dely Apple posted:

No one uses my Herc, I gave him his second ability and keep him maxed and/or relaxed. My friends are all logging in frequently, and besides my two-three Jeannes... share 3* Mashes :smith:

:sever:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I wish simple messages could be set that friends saw, like instructing them how to set supports.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I wish simple messages could be set that friends saw, like instructing them how to set supports.

Actions speak louder than words

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

gently caress yeah, pulled Gil with the free summon ticket today!

Did the same but got the 5* CE that gives 8% NP per turn. poo poo is ridiculous and super useful on anyone that struggles to get meter.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
She has a name!!!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

MrLonghair posted:

try button
but hole

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
visions of gold man

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Try rolling.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bad Seafood posted:

I should probably get around to checking out the Fate LP one of these days. I remember catching a bit of the Deen adaptation back when it was newish, but not being too taken with it. I always knew Saber's identity though, since the friend who introduced me to it told me straight up.

I liked Fate/Zero a lot, but more as a kind of fictional sporting event than a narrative, if that makes sense - though I'm fond of a lot of the themes it tackles, like the discussion of what it means to be a king and Kiritsugu's logic being thrown in his face.
Is that the musou game or something else.
Just unlocked it, so hopefully so.

Musou game is Extella. Fate/Accel Zero Order or whatever was the name for the Fate Zero/FGO tie in event.

It introduced a bunch of the servants from Zero which hadn't been added to that point, like adult Iskandar and Diarmuid, as well as Irisviel and Kiritsugu. It had an Urobuchi-written storyline where you and Zhuge/Waver go back to the fourth war and fix everything.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Filthy lies. Fate/Accel Zero Order is Waver reading his 4th Holy Grail War fanfic to you :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bad Seafood posted:

Try rolling.
I'm nine quests away from another 10-roll and I just know this time the dumb gold fucker is gonna be there for me.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Filthy lies. Fate/Accel Zero Order is Waver reading his 4th Holy Grail War fanfic to you :v:
Waver is a big nerd gamer who fills in those player feedback surveys and sends them to the devs, he absolutely writes fanfiction.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 9, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dely Apple posted:

No one uses my Herc, I gave him his second ability and keep him maxed and/or relaxed. My friends are all logging in frequently, and besides my two-three Jeannes... share 3* Mashes :smith:
Don't see you on the friends list doc but I will use any 50/50 Herc I can find on the dailies, add me:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What are the quests to get ascension items? The "duel with" quests?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

In theory, yeah. You get pieces and monuments from the days where you fight Servants, and other stuff from the days where you fight monsters. Prepare for depressing drop rates.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

Yes. The 30AP (15 until July 20) guarantees you a drop at the last boss, although it can be the Silver piece or a Gold monument.

Also it's your main source of getting Void Dust.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wish I knew the most efficient distribution of doing the duels vs. the 40AP Ember and treasures. The XP gains are so much better in the 40AP and you probably want to level up at least once to maximize your AP output for the day, but if it's a day where you want to get some pieces/monuments any AP not spent on that effort also feels like a waste. I suppose eventually your master level will be so high that realistically you can't expect to consistently level up with the 40AP daily, and so you might as well just spend it all on the duels.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I wish I knew the most efficient distribution of doing the duels vs. the 40AP Ember and treasures. The XP gains are so much better in the 40AP and you probably want to level up at least once to maximize your AP output for the day, but if it's a day where you want to get some pieces/monuments any AP not spent on that effort also feels like a waste. I suppose eventually your master level will be so high that realistically you can't expect to consistently level up with the 40AP daily, and so you might as well just spend it all on the duels.

I think the absolute most efficient use of AP right now is to 100% grind embers, since we'll be getting events soon (and eventually an upgraded daily) for much better ascension materials/rates. I'm still running the duels though because I want swole dudes, plus waver/kscope lancelot can do it absolutely brainlessly and quickly

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If you want to play the long game, grind enough dudes to clear any and all Dailies painlessly, then repeatedly grind the 30AP or the 40AP quest to get the 3 or 4* EXP cards you can burn for Prisms. Stockpile ASAP because come New Years (or maybe even sooner) you're going to want 5000+ of those bad boys.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
5000? God drat, what for?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I meant more in terms of "I want to run the duel daily as much as possible today to get as many pieces/monuments as possible". If I just do the duels by themselves I might not level up at all, so maybe doing the embers/treasures a few times to make sure that happens at least once is a good idea.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pierson posted:

5000? God drat, what for?

They're going to release the Mona Lisa CE that increases QP gain by 2%. To get it to the more respectable level of a 10% increase, you're going to need to buy more copies and Limit Break the CE to its maximum, for a grand total of 5000 Mana Prisms.

(Originally the total was 7000 prisms but there was enough grumbling and outcry for them to cut the price and refund the difference to people who bought it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
just how many fuckin QPs are you needing that grinding out 5000 prisms was worth TEN PERCENT INCREASE

like if you took all of that time/effort in embers and put it into walls instead, wouldn't you get hundreds of millions of qp

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

For reference sake:

Maxing out Lancer Cu's skills (3*) will take over 40 million QP.

Maxing out Waver's skills (5*) will take over 163 million QP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

just how many fuckin QPs are you needing that grinding out 5000 prisms was worth TEN PERCENT INCREASE

like if you took all of that time/effort in embers and put it into walls instead, wouldn't you get hundreds of millions of qp

It's actually a worthwhile investment due to how bad QP costs get for some servants. That being said, the time limit on the Mona Lisa CEs lasts for over a year and you get a decent chunk of prisms during events, so provided you're only using prisms every month to get the monthly stuff you should have enough to be able to get them bit by bit and dailies resetting every day means you can just keep doing doors and get prisms just on doing that.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Embers are important for leveling up at the beginning, but as you get to the point where you can farm the 40 AP one over and over again, you'll start to hit the wall where everyone's hitting their level cap and you have no mats to ascend them.

And once you finish gathering mats through an event or something, then you'll probably look to maxing out the skills on your most used servants. Everything in this game takes QP, but maxing out skills takes ridiculous amounts of QP. It's maybe the biggest wall of the three, it's just a complete non-issue early on.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

For the person asking about Arthur, he is worth getting solely because of Takahiro Sakurai and his cool fuckin NP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4C_gNcs_c

ProtoArthur's animations are fantastic, I just wish his gimmick was actually good and consistent (as mentioned earlier, he's got a bonus against large enemies, but with an AOE NP) so he could get some proper use.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Saber Gilles Interlude:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bakanogami posted:

Embers are important for leveling up at the beginning, but as you get to the point where you can farm the 40 AP one over and over again, you'll start to hit the wall where everyone's hitting their level cap and you have no mats to ascend them.

And once you finish gathering mats through an event or something, then you'll probably look to maxing out the skills on your most used servants. Everything in this game takes QP, but maxing out skills takes ridiculous amounts of QP. It's maybe the biggest wall of the three, it's just a complete non-issue early on.
Yeah I have like...40 gold Rider XP cards along with a ton of Lancers and Casters, because I can't level those classes up at the moment. So I've definitely felt a little bit that it'd be a better use of my time to do the treasure doors instead. In my case as soon as I get those God. drat. Gold. Saber. Monuments I'll be able to dump pretty much all of them into Jeanne, and if I get a little lucky today (lol) I might be able to go past 80 even.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Space Flower posted:

I did some digging about this. The posts that calculate how long it would take and how much time it will save you in the long run only take into account grinding, and not any events or giveaways that may give MP or QP. So take it as you wish. For me, who only wants a select number of Servants and doesn't want to be a Pokemon master, I think I'll abstain. If I do happen to have enough when the time comes, then I'll get it, if not, then for me it's no big deal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6ls8fm/na_players_consider_farming_30ap15ap_exp_now/

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Space Flower posted:

It's 20% if you get a friend with another one.

The 40 AP gives about 1 mil average, so each battle net you extra 0.2 mil, and that's 2 mil in ten battle, which saved you 80 AP or 8 AP per battle.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

I did some digging about this. The posts that calculate how long it would take and how much time it will save you in the long run only take into account grinding, and not any events or giveaways that may give MP or QP. So take it as you wish. For me, who only wants a select number of Servants and doesn't want to be a Pokemon master, I think I'll abstain. If I do happen to have enough when the time comes, then I'll get it, if not, then for me it's no big deal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6ls8fm/na_players_consider_farming_30ap15ap_exp_now/

I'm surprised to learn from that thread that multiple copies stack, since I thought that generally wasn't true for "increased quest rewards" CEs like Mona Lisa or Beginning of the Journey.

Incidentally the TLDR of that thread is "It's not worth it for me to grind for Mona Lisa, but you totally should so I can use your support with it." Alternatively, "It's worth it if you plan to max all skills on 15 5* Servants", if you believe their math.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nyaa posted:

It's 20% if you get a friend with another one.

The 40 AP gives about 1 mil average, so each battle net you extra 0.2 mil, and that's 2 mil in ten battle, which saved you 80 AP or 8 AP per battle.

if i'm already using a friend's either way isn't it less than 4 AP per battle because i was already saving with one monalisa regardless

also lol at the reddit comment that says to NA players, "if you have seven 5* servants i strongly recommend saving your prisms"

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Space Flower posted:

also lol at the reddit comment that says to NA players, "if you have seven 5* servants i strongly recommend saving your prisms"

Hey, you never know. Maybe someone plans to max two Wavers so they can put both young and old versions of him in their support setup.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

You can't even get one of those seven right now, lol. Who is this dude talking to with that comment other than whales?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The mona lisa CE might have been important once but you can get like 3 million QP running a QP daily now. Save your cubes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Maybe if you only have one waifu, you wouldn't have to spend so much Qpoints.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Wasn't it mentioned by the somewhere(citation needed) that they give you enough resources to casually max out about 1 servant a year. You really have to go out of your way to max out multiple servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also, a PSA to Herc owners: I might/probably am talking out of my rear end here, but NP-boosting CEs on Herc are not that useful IMO, because any turn that you are not using that Herc's Buster Card is a bad turn which means ideally he should almost never be boosting his NP unless by "accident" (bad shuffles that only give you his Arts card, he gets hit during an Evade turn, etc.). Stuff that boosts Buster performance like Limited / Zero Over is way better IMO.