Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Bethamphetamine posted:

Ballistic knives and throwing stars are illegal in a lot of US states, but curiously in most of those same states you can purchase an assault rifle like it's a bag of doritos.

Assault rifles are safer for use around children since they don't have sharp edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

it's a play on words you dummies

shuriken

sure-strike

it's a lovely one

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yinlock posted:

what makes the strike sure

It's by comparison to throwing knives, where they hit the target handle first and clatter to the floor for most people

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
y'know what every officer's saber is missing? a trench knife style knuckle guard screwed to the handle

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

or is it "that sure is a strike" as your opponent embeds his ninja star into his own rear end

The Cold Steel Sure Strike is a modern day Shuriken (throwing star). Used for centuries in China and Japan, it consists of no more than a flat piece of steel with 3 or more points. If you throw it overhand like a baseball, side arm, underarm or back hand like a flying saucer, it hits on at least one point every time. Cold Steel's Sure Strikes aren't like the cheap, shoddy throwing stars you see at flea markets, guns shows, and in martial arts magazines. That's because they are laser cut from high carbon steel that's been heat treated to a hard spring temper before sharpening and then given a black, baked-on epoxy finish to protect them from the elements. All three share the same sized diameter, but are varied in weight due to the differences in steel thickness. Maximize your fun and get all three sizes! These are the stars that stick every time; the Sure Strikes from Cold Steel.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what is that Japanese weapon thats like a chain with a hook on one end and do they make a tactical version

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSjJeZ8DOog

1991 = good yr

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Muppets On PCP posted:

y'know what every officer's saber is missing? a trench knife style knuckle guard screwed to the handle

if you aren't also using your full-sized saber as a set of brass knuckles then you're obviously a warfare n00b.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

back off bitch I've watched every episode of dragon ball z and read the manga in color I know how to kill a fucker

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Cold Steel Sure Strike is a modern day Shuriken (throwing star). Used for centuries in China and Japan, it consists of no more than a flat piece of steel with 3 or more points. If you throw it overhand like a baseball, side arm, underarm or back hand like a flying saucer, it hits on at least one point every time. Cold Steel's Sure Strikes aren't like the cheap, shoddy throwing stars you see at flea markets, guns shows, and in martial arts magazines. That's because they are laser cut from high carbon steel that's been heat treated to a hard spring temper before sharpening and then given a black, baked-on epoxy finish to protect them from the elements. All three share the same sized diameter, but are varied in weight due to the differences in steel thickness. Maximize your fun and get all three sizes! These are the stars that stick every time; the Sure Strikes from Cold Steel.

so they weren't forged by japanese smiths on mt. fuji? get that weak poo poo out of here

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

It's a sure iken

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maximize your fun and get all three sizes!

*pants and sweats as i grasp and flail for credit card*

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
a sure strikin' shure iken for cuck fightin'

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The kama is a Japanese hand scythe used for harvesting grain. And defending your home from IRS agents

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

The kama is a Japanese hand scythe used for harvesting grain. And defending your home from IRS agents

Why do I picture Baloogan owning all this junk?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

crazy cloud posted:

It's a sure iken

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

alnilam posted:

The pic of tbe guy wielding it holy poo poo

sardaukar/zentai chic

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

it's a blowgun

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

the zog is too foolish to confiscate harvesting implements

they will never know what hit them!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

This is an extremely pro click.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lol if you dont own a tactical tractor

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Al! posted:

what is that Japanese weapon thats like a chain with a hook on one end and do they make a tactical version

i believe you mean a kusarigama or chain and sickle sir and

:goonsay:

*is instantly given a swirlie by a jock*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's legitimately really dumb why would you want that

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

^me, waiting for trump to make the tweet

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

same

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody posted:

it's a blowgun

yessssssssss

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:same:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Al! posted:

lol if you dont own a tactical tractor

all matte finish with knurled grips!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Yinlock posted:

I prefer to throw them back-hand, like a flying saucer.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
¡Yeb!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

It's a collectors item. In the sense that if you buy all their products you have collected them.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Sir Tonk posted:

t a c t i c s

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

thats a grappling hook batman has one on his belt

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

They need to make a tactical tampon that you can pull out and use as a weapon.

I guess a tactical maxi-pad too for Bethamphetamine.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

more like

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Just for Nostalgia's sake, this has always been one of my favorite lines of any Cyberpunk novel

quote:

Case found himself staring through a shop window. The place sold small bright objects to the sailors. Watches, flic-knives, lighters, pocket VTRs, simstim decks, weighted man-riki chains, and shuriken. The shuriken had always fascinated him, steel stars with knife-sharp points. Some were chromed, others black, others treated with a rainbow surface like oil on water. But the chrome stars held his gaze. They were mounted against scarlet ultrasuede with nearly invisible loops of nylon fishline, their centers stamped with dragons or yinyang symbols. They caught the street's neon and twisted it, and it came to Case that these were the stars under which he voyaged, his destiny spelled out in a constellation of cheap chrome.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

it's a blowgun

needs a picatinny rail

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Guy Goodbody posted:

Um you joke but the chick who got the kama in Battle Royale made it pretty far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Sew some razor blades into the edges, spray paint it matte black, and they'll never know it was their time of the month until it's too late.

• Locked thread