Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if SS3 is as much of a drain on Goku as it used to be now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wait if Rou and Sidra really were dead/erased wouldn't the u9 angel "deactivate" or whatever? Plus what Zeno did didn't look like when Beerus uses Destruction. I'm calling shenanigans.

Babidi's minions are such jobbers, they might as well fight King Chappa again or whoever

It looked similar to whatever Zeno did to erase Trunks' universe. And they are 'inactive' which could be as simple as sitting around drinking tea and told not to interfere. It was made clear that the angels would be fine even if their universe was erased.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This is Toei's opportunity to make the whole thing go full circle and reveal that getting erased actually sends you to AnotherNext Dimension.

vvvv Mixed up my Toei animes

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 9, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

This is Toei's opportunity to make the whole thing go full circle and reveal that getting erased actually sends you to Another Dimension.

The next. Come on.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Thinking about the Final Kamehameha, I kinda wish they could do other fusion moves by joining up. Like holding hands to make the lightsaber, or doing some kind of Sailor Moon song and dance to make that rainbow death ball Gogeta used.

Rhonne posted:

This tournament is probably the most Frieza has ever walked in his entire life.

You'd fly everywhere too if your feet made those weird clacking noises.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheHan posted:

Thinking about the Final Kamehameha, I kinda wish they could do other fusion moves by joining up. Like holding hands to make the lightsaber, or doing some kind of Sailor Moon song and dance to make that rainbow death ball Gogeta used.

You'd fly everywhere too if your feet made those weird clacking noises.

Clatch clatch clatch.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Alright, after all that buildup, this episode got me back on board. Good poo poo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TheHan posted:

Thinking about the Final Kamehameha, I kinda wish they could do other fusion moves by joining up. Like holding hands to make the lightsaber

I dunno why but I instantly thought of this

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Caros posted:

It looked similar to whatever Zeno did to erase Trunks' universe. And they are 'inactive' which could be as simple as sitting around drinking tea and told not to interfere. It was made clear that the angels would be fine even if their universe was erased.

Yeah, I always imagined 'angels going inactive' was just a fancy way of saying they're out of a job, not that they would literally deactivate like machines.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It's really weird going over to tumblr's #DragonBallSuper and have half the posts discussing the events on Dragon Ball Super episode 98 and the other half discussing the dubbed episode (which has reached RoF apparently?) as if it weren't 1 year old (2 if you count the movie) and everyone already knew exactly what happened.

There are a lot of posts wondering when will Mr. Buu show up, like come on man, even if you didn't watch the movie or sub today's internet is so full of late arrival spoilers wherever you look at that it's like watching Star Wars and wondering who will Leia choose: Luke or Han.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the first 80% of that episode was boring as gently caress but the last 20% was alright

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

lezard_valeth posted:

When we get to Gohan's spotlight fighting against Toppo I just want him to rip off his gi and reveal that he has the Saiyaman costume underneath while saying that he is also a Warrior of Justice.

Like come on Toei, ToppoxGohan must happen even more so than FrostxFrieza yaoi.

The worst part here is they'll take it as an insult.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

This is Toei's opportunity to make the whole thing go full circle and reveal that getting erased actually sends you to AnotherNext Dimension.

vvvv Mixed up my Toei animes

Actually a fate worst then death..universe nine was banished to the GT timeline.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad next episode will be centered around my favorite character, Fat Birdman.

Gotta wonder though how many more universes will get erased before the rest decide that hey, maybe we should do something about this. Preferably before Caulifla or Gowasu's GodTube account get erased.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wow, that last part of the show was a little hosed up, thought they weren't gonna go through with it.

I'm betting it's all a ruse and they just moved everybody to U7 or something.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

anime was right posted:

the first 80% of that episode was boring as gently caress but the last 20% was alright

Yeah the majority of the episode was really obvious boring corner cutting stuff like constant repeats of the Trio and Goku teleporting around without actually physically moving their bodies and infinite cuts to the gods on the bench to be talking heads repeatedly. The last part redeemed it though, that was pretty loving unsettling, especially Zeno's arm raise gag being used in that context.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

So since when can they just do loving barriers and whys it look exactly like whatever Krillins powerup was when they went to get Roshi's Weed.
:eng101:
Ki works exactly like a Green Lantern ring.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm glad next episode will be centered around my favorite character, Fat Birdman.

Gotta wonder though how many more universes will get erased before the rest decide that hey, maybe we should do something about this. Preferably before Caulifla or Gowasu's GodTube account get erased.

Universes I can't live without:

-Super Sentai troopers.
-Hit and his super saiyans.
-Fat Sailor moon.

gently caress 'em.
-Roboverse (except the guy with the monocle and staff).
-Trio de furries (already gone though!)
-Rat bastard.
-Gowasu's daily vlogs, sorry Gowasu but your team are a boring bunch of jobbers, though it's probably not his fault.
-Might as well kill Goku and the gang since they started this whole thing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Freiza in the ending is totally standing proud among the other warriors heroically gazing into the sunset on the cliff so basically he's going to be redeemed as a good guy for sure.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I really don't want universe 11 deleted. The Great Saiyaman can't be the only one who understands the beauty of fighting poses in all the multiverse it's just too sad.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SirKibbles posted:

I really don't want universe 11 deleted. The Great Saiyaman can't be the only one who understands the beauty of fighting poses in all the multiverse it's just too sad.

I doubt Universe 2 doesn't understand that, so as long as we keep 2 and 11 (who are twin universes, thus likely share a lot more than just a fair love of Sentai) then the multiverse will be fine.

Erase all the rest though. Have Gohan become a new Pride Trooper then delete U7 too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Freiza in the ending is totally standing proud among the other warriors heroically gazing into the sunset on the cliff so basically he's going to be redeemed as a good guy for sure.

Buu in the opening was marching alongside the group so he's in the tournament for sure.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ooh, it's insta-deleting. That's harsh. What was that evil Angel smile tho, now I think you guys are scheming. I don't wanna have to see Whis get punched in the face, he's cool. Freeza slasher movie scaring Batman into self-elimination was cool too. Krillin sawing a motherfucker in half is probably gonna be cool too.

edit: also Kakaroto (sic) got arrested in Brazil for possession with the intent to distribute: http://www.rotapolicialnews.com.br/kakaroto-e-preso-durante-operacao-da-forca-tatica-em-vilhena/

Dias fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 9, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I might be biased but I liked the kitty lady.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want Gohan to be the one to beat Jiren after unleashing Super Saiyan Arbuckle Mode

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

I burst out laughing the first time I saw that. To have that cheesy romantic music and streaming sunlight and then to have loving Freeza there is just amazing. It's like if at the end of Boogie Back one of those pictures was a photo of Mengele.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Dias posted:

edit: also Kakaroto (sic) got arrested in Brazil for possession with the intent to distribute: http://www.rotapolicialnews.com.br/kakaroto-e-preso-durante-operacao-da-forca-tatica-em-vilhena/

If you scroll down Dragon Ball/Z gets mentioned so I'm pretty sure this guy was actually named after Goku, I don't speak Brazilian Portuguese though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Nah it says his real name is Felipe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I burst out laughing the first time I saw that. To have that cheesy romantic music and streaming sunlight and then to have loving Freeza there is just amazing. It's like if at the end of Boogie Back one of those pictures was a photo of Mengele.

You mean Gero?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Pollyanna posted:

I might be biased but I liked the kitty lady.

:yeah:

She called Vegeta handsome. I hope she didn't actually get erased.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I just realized something:

Krillin might actually get disqualified for bringing sunglasses, not for killing someone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my God that would be the most hilarious thing. Just the dumbest most hilarious thing

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Master Roshi is already wearing sunglasses though so I really doubt it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is all the high priests fault for not giving the various universe's legal departments a couple thousand years to suss out the grey areas in the rules.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Jedah posted:

:yeah:

She called Vegeta handsome. I hope she didn't actually get erased.

It's cool, she went to a nice farm upstate with the rest of her universe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

If you scroll down Dragon Ball/Z gets mentioned so I'm pretty sure this guy was actually named after Goku, I don't speak Brazilian Portuguese though.

Just a nickname. It was dumb enough that I was compelled to share.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

If Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba get erased I will be extremely sadboy.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Momomo posted:

Master Roshi is already wearing sunglasses though so I really doubt it.

But actively using them to block techniques? Seems cheaty

Burkion posted:

Oh my God that would be the most hilarious thing. Just the dumbest most hilarious thing

I know isn't it great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

If Kale, Caulifla, and Cabba get erased I will be extremely sadboy.

If they get erased then you know everyone who is erased is coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

If they get erased then you know everyone who is erased is coming back.

I dunno, I feel if there was any point to the Future Trunks arc it's there's no backsies to Zeno just erasing universes.

Except traveling back in time I guess so it's up to Bulma to save the day again.

• Locked thread