Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It doesn't really translate. Turn speed in Destiny 1 was slower than most titles and it has a REALLY narrow FoV. The high AA is what made the transition easier.

Next up: See if it's even possible to ring bells at max sensitivity in CS:GO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it's indistinguishable from a controller. From the consoles perspective you are just moving the analog sticks with great speed and precision.

It would not take much work to detect that a XIM is in use. For example: the player can only ever enters their movement along 8 perfectly spaced axes (due to WASD limitations). "All movement input is spaced exactly 45° apart...."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

madsushi posted:

It would not take much work to detect that a XIM is in use. For example: the player can only ever enters their movement along 8 perfectly spaced axes (due to WASD limitations). "All movement input is spaced exactly 45° apart...."

Sure, but then the xim driver is updated to smoothly transition the stick over the intervening angles when the pressed keys change and now you can't tell the difference any more. Sony doesn't want to get into this sort of cat and mouse game, the number of xim users is too small to be really disruptive and games can keep them away from the general population with SBMM.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

madsushi posted:

Wrong. I use a Move Navigation controller in my XIM setup. Not to mention there are some keyboards available with analog sticks.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

haveblue posted:

Sure, but then the xim driver is updated to smoothly transition the stick over the intervening angles when the pressed keys change and now you can't tell the difference any more. Sony doesn't want to get into this sort of cat and mouse game, the number of xim users is too small to be really disruptive and games can keep them away from the general population with SBMM.

1) It's not just Sony, the XIM works on Xbox too.

2) It's not about whether or not it's worth the time, it's about whether it's possible. I am saying that I bet a couple of software engineers at Sony/MS/whoever could heuristically detect a XIM with high accuracy and not a lot of work.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Not to mention most the people using XIM are loving poo poo. I get a lot of messages about my setup and play style from people who bought XIMS. I watch their gameplay. They are more often than not bad.

Not to sound like a smug rear end in a top hat but you shouldn't be using me as a yardstick of what a XIM user is like. There aren't many people who have been using a XIM for 7 years.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You actually do need a yardstick to measure this xim user.

:grin:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
All a XIM can potentially enhance is gun skill, and even that is still up to the player. If you suck at everything else gun skill won't matter because you'll be hunted down, out maneuvered, and dead before you can get a shot off.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
It depends on the game, but I think for Destiny, the xim is good for people who are much more comfortable with mouse and keyboard. If you were already a good controller player, you probably wouldn't benefit unless you played with it for a long time. This is how I feel, anyway. But I also switched to a monitor at the same time as I started using a xim and it's hard to understate how helpful it is to play on a monitor vs a TV.

I let me friends who've been playing destiny for a while try my setup and it doesn't really help them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I still play on a controller but switching to a monitor changed my game immediately for the better like holy poo poo.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

Not to mention most the people using XIM are loving poo poo. I get a lot of messages about my setup and play style from people who bought XIMS. I watch their gameplay. They are more often than not bad.

Not to sound like a smug rear end in a top hat but you shouldn't be using me as a yardstick of what a XIM user is like. There aren't many people who have been using a XIM for 7 years.

I've watched you play.

My observation has always been that you have an ability to make split second decisions that are very difficult to implement but you do so anyway. And that your overall movement/placement and situational awareness are leagues above most.

And you just have a certain je ne sais quois that can't be explained away by a controller choice.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Destiny 2 Console Thread: We Don't Give a gently caress About Your Xim

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol lots of streamers have been getting the dick in trials today. It's funny.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Lol lots of streamers have been getting the dick in trials today. It's funny.

Such as and?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReverendDre posted:

Destiny 2 Console Thread: We Don't Give a gently caress About Your Xim

:wrong:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Such as and?

Saw lumi and krafty both lose like 3 games In a row.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bungie day seems to have brought about some kind of bullshit. Everyone I know has been having massive issues with disconnects and error codes in pvp today.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Saw lumi and krafty both lose like 3 games In a row.

Lol gently caress yes

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

First week of Trials in a long time... or ever... i haven't used Last Word

https://youtu.be/i9NwtAixJzM

BP with High Cal and perks/barrel that add the most range.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

First week of Trials in a long time... or ever... i haven't used Last Word

https://youtu.be/i9NwtAixJzM

BP with High Cal and perks/barrel that add the most range.

Never stop posting these. That grenade game, on point as always. :allears: In fact, I hope you'll do some during beta week of you stunting on fools with new weapons. It was cool to see that you're just as lethal with a different loadout.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm getting the pre beta release jitters. I hate myself for getting so excited for what's going to be a bad game.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

hell, same

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It doesn't really translate. Turn speed in Destiny 1 was slower than most titles and it has a REALLY narrow FoV. The high AA is what made the transition easier.

It's super noticeable going to destiny from Titanfall

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

super macho dude posted:

I'm getting the pre beta release jitters. I hate myself for getting so excited for what's going to be a bad game.

Thinking of the core gameplay feeling like D1, good stuff. But nearly everything they've shown has utterly failed to rouse me at all, some repulsing me away. Haven't preordered. Hopefully something in all the reveals in the coming weeks will decide for me so I don't have to rely on the beta.

Never thought I'd not want D2 but it does look very bad, and not in a dead gay retard way.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Welp in a year and half from now you can pay $60 for a gently caress load of pve content and catch up with day 1 players fairly easily.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is worth the price to play with fusions imo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Thinking of the core gameplay feeling like D1, good stuff. But nearly everything they've shown has utterly failed to rouse me at all, some repulsing me away. Haven't preordered. Hopefully something in all the reveals in the coming weeks will decide for me so I don't have to rely on the beta.

Never thought I'd not want D2 but it does look very bad, and not in a dead gay retard way.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

i mean this from the bottom of my heart: i hope you never buy and play this game, in the infinitesimally small chance i am forced to play it with you

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dang, fat guy clothing culture is brutal :smith:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean this from the bottom of my heart: i hope you never buy and play this game, in the infinitesimally small chance i am forced to play it with you

:discourse:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Just loving freeze me for a week. Hate being 30 and getting so excited about videogames.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Try finding a hobby that doesn't involve a computer then.

I've been doing so much more random poo poo since I more or less quit D1, getting a bunch of projects done before I turn into a couch potato in September.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Try finding a hobby that doesn't involve a computer then.

I've been doing so much more random poo poo since I more or less quit D1, getting a bunch of projects done before I turn into a couch potato in September.

I am not going to do this, but I recognize a good advice. Everybody get burned of playing videogames and need to be refreshed playing something else. Even if you are not there, taking it in advance is a good idea.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:justpost: about Destiny until there's more Destiny.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

My Wife. Kid. Job. Family. Personal Grooming.

These are all things that get in the way of my hooby.

If you think that hobby is Destiny, you are mistaken.

My hobby is pwning noobs. Destiny is just the best mechanism i have to deliver the pwning.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Family, friends, religion. These are the three demons you must slay to pwn noobs.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BlindSite posted:

Family, friends, religion. These are the three demons you must slay to pwn noobs.

So what you're saying is that I need to be dead and gay?

I can do that

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hit a goon up on PSN: GuyFieriGoatee

Im dual consoling it in the year of our Lord Jesus Christo 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like the bungie have left their retard crew to run destiny1 into the ground.

The only thing left to do is play pvp so they make it the lamest game mode for iron banner, have two versions of rumble and the worst possible iteration of sixes outside of mayhem as the only 6 man play list.

To top it off their servers have gotten worse in the last week causing massive issues in the one game mode people still play weekly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

super macho dude posted:

Hit a goon up on PSN: GuyFieriGoatee

Im dual consoling it in the year of our Lord Jesus Christo 2017

https://discord.gg/wwBG8NZ

That's the PS4 Discord.

Clan link here: