Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Well the other two are up for pre-order now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Miss
Mipha's Grace is just a fairy, which are free. Urbosa's Fury is a goddamn EMP and it rules.

Eh, why even worry about fairies when you have Mipha's. The EMP is eh. Definitely better than Daruk's protection which just throws off my shield block timing. But I never used the EMP, never really helped me and didn't want to waste a strong strike on the weapon's durability, and any enemy that it would be worth using it on, I rather quick strike and move/block.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Lmao if you ever used Mipha's Grace like, more than once accidentally

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Used it a handful of times while loving around and stopped collecting fairies shortly after getting it. No different than saying Lmao if you used more than one fairy accidentally.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

FireMrshlBill posted:

Eh, why even worry about fairies when you have Mipha's. The EMP is eh. Definitely better than Daruk's protection which just throws off my shield block timing. But I never used the EMP, never really helped me and didn't want to waste a strong strike on the weapon's durability, and any enemy that it would be worth using it on, I rather quick strike and move/block.

It's not the greatest for a single enemy, but it's really fun to use on a whole camp.

But I'm with you, I just keep Daruk's Protection turned off entirely.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

It's not the greatest for a single enemy, but it's really fun to use on a whole camp.

But I'm with you, I just keep Daruk's Protection turned off entirely.

True, I can see it being fun to mess around with on camps.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Urbosa's Fury does a ton of damage in a huge AOE that also stuns everything. Why wouldn't you use it every chance you get? It helps on every Lynel and every Hinox, not just camps of enemies.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Just never liked using it. Not my style I guess, especially with how I fight Lynels.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Calaveron posted:

Lmao if you ever used Mipha's Grace like, more than once accidentally

I like to let it go because it gets tedious loving with the menus to eat foods.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

I like to let it go because it gets tedious loving with the menus to eat foods.

Maybe stop taking so much damage

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just lol if you don't walk without fast travelling to the goron hot springs to heal up every time you take a bit of damage.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think Link's own bed should be able to full heal+3 you.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Missing one side quest, can't find it. Starting to get annoyed going around every area day and night.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you don't travel Hyrule exclusively by blowing Link up with bombs and flinging his body random directions there's something wrong with you.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Mega64 posted:

If you don't travel Hyrule exclusively by blowing Link up with bombs and flinging his body random directions there's something wrong with you.

Actually the optimal way is to stasis downed tree trunks and hit them until they reach maximum velocity and then stand on them and jump as they launch so Link's ragdoll is launched at the perfect angle and velocity for maximum speed long-distance gliding. :goonsay:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Spergatory posted:

Actually the optimal way is to stasis downed tree trunks and hit them until they reach maximum velocity and then stand on them and jump as they launch so Link's ragdoll is launched at the perfect angle and velocity for maximum speed long-distance gliding. :goonsay:

The Mercenary Tao flight plan.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Spergatory posted:

Mega64 posted:

See, you people understand

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hit 120 shrines on my Master Mode run, and honestly haven't enjoyed it.

The weapon durability system is at huge odds with the increased difficulty that is enemies being a rank higher with regenerating health.

The bosses of the divine beasts were already some of the least enjoyable encounters in normal mode, and are now worse, because regenerating health and their tendency to warp out of reach for long periods of time make the fights a damage race before you lose all your weapons to the regen, two of which were almost impossible to do without the Attack buff from the DLC armor set.

And even with 120 shrines done and all four of the Divine beasts done, have yet to see any gold enemies. At this point i'd rather they had just put the gold enemies in the normal mode with use of a toggleable key item or something, because nothing else, including the floating platform stuff that's just kind of there in a couple of places, does anything for me in this mode.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Missing one side quest, can't find it. Starting to get annoyed going around every area day and night.

Just look up which one you are missing if it's taking that many cycles.

The Bloop posted:

I think Link's own bed should be able to full heal+3 you.

Eh, Link can sleep when he is dead. Literally, that's why I like Mipha's grace. Ain't no one got time for that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Crawfish posted:

You might have a problem

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just look up which one you are missing if it's taking that many cycles.

Eh, Link can sleep when he is dead. Literally, that's why I like Mipha's grace. Ain't no one got time for that.

Found it! Was missing one in kakariko, assumed I had done them all because of the impa shrine.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Crawfish posted:

The weapon durability system is at huge odds with the increased difficulty that is enemies being a rank higher with regenerating health.

The bosses of the divine beasts were already some of the least enjoyable encounters in normal mode, and are now worse, because regenerating health and their tendency to warp out of reach for long periods of time make the fights a damage race before you lose all your weapons to the regen, two of which were almost impossible to do without the Attack buff from the DLC armor set.

And even with 120 shrines done and all four of the Divine beasts done, have yet to see any gold enemies. At this point i'd rather they had just put the gold enemies in the normal mode with use of a toggleable key item or something, because nothing else, including the floating platform stuff that's just kind of there in a couple of places, does anything for me in this mode.

My experience was that the very early game was an exercise in running away and being stealthy, since my weapons couldn't beat multiple enemies at once. I went after shrines and story stuff for a while before I felt comfortable in combat. But I eventually discovered that your best weapon is your bow—bullet time and headshots let you thin the herd really quickly, making combat much more manageable.

The bosses of the divine beasts all fall in like 20 seconds to slow-mo special arrows. Multi-shot bows work especially well, and because this was my second play through I knew where I could go to get them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Master Mode really is an archer's paradise. Floating platform enemies almost all drop 10-20 special arrows apiece, so I've found more fire/ice/shock/bomb arrows than I have normal arrows at this point.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's good to know if I ever get around to buying the DLC because I already play more as an archer than anything. I hardly ever break weapons and have to throw perfectly good ones away to make room for new ones because I snipe so many dudes from distance/stealth.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I found a red Moblin on Master Mode. Neat!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's going to be a BotW speed run on Summer Games Done Quick in about 30-45 minutes. Right now is the end of Majora's Mask.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Has anyone done a speed run of hard mode yet or are there issues with running out of weapons being worked out?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What's the current botw world record?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

315 consumed trees.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nephzinho posted:

Has anyone done a speed run of hard mode yet or are there issues with running out of weapons being worked out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxGOCIINLI

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just shy of 40 minutes? http://www.speedrun.com/run/ydqqw7qm

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
That's goddamn incredible

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Thought I'd play master mode then have a pop at the trials on my normal save. Fast forward 10 hours and I'm now coming to terms with playing this wonderful game through again.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

With my second playthrough in master mode, I find it's really appealing to play along with the geography and take the road and other natural paths where you can. The scope/glider/climbing tempt you to pick out landmarks and make a straight beeline for them, but many parts of the world feel designed to unfold a certain way, which you can miss if you play like that.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why do we have to eat the trees??

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Lol Link loving punts stalfo skulls when you try to throw them off cliffs
He also rides English
GOTY2017

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
[quote="“Kurtofan”" post="“474184628”"]
why do we have to eat the trees??
[/quote]

You get half a heart.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bum the Sad posted:

You get half a heart.

Half a half.

But it's better than nothing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
yup, I didn't know you could boil trees and it serves no purpose at all in the real game but in the trials it's a godsend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait what