Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I put my white soapstone symbol yesterday for like 30 mins in DS3 and nobody summoned me

Is dark souls 3 multi dead?

I cooped the dancer like, 2 weeks ago so i don't think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The dancer is a really cool boss. Dks3 bosses were pretty tight

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
souls games have one of the most archaic and retarded multiplayer systems I've seen in a post-1999 game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spyro the Dragon was just okay.

Ratchet and Clank is better series than Jak and Daxter.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

a bone to pick posted:

souls games have one of the most archaic and retarded multiplayer systems I've seen in a post-1999 game.

Theyre meant to be that way, I know ppl dont like that answer but its a purposeful stylistic and design choice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Meridian posted:

Spyro the Dragon was just okay.

Ratchet and Clank is better series than Jak and Daxter.
This sounds correct for me and I never even considered it might be controversial. The only good part about spyro was the girl I was playing it with!!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

super mario world was not very good, and the music is a horrid combination of also not-very-good and yet tremendously catchy

also mario looks like some sort of weird placenta man in a lot of the sprites

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

weird placenta man
mods change my username to this please

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Souls fan are an insatiable bunch of twatters.

Dark Souls 2: "Where are the references to Dark Souls 1?!"

Dark Souls 3: "Why are there so many references to Dark Souls 1?!"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CowboyAndy posted:

Souls fan are an insatiable bunch of twatters.

Dark Souls 2: "Where are the references to Dark Souls 1?!"

Dark Souls 3: "Why are there so many references to Dark Souls 1?!"

As one of those insatiable twatters, I completely agree

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Probably not an unpopular opinion, but gently caress any open world game with a ticking clock. All those Dead Rising games and that FF13-3 can go gently caress themselves.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Opinion 1:
Shmups after a certain era became garbage autism simulators. Bullet-hell games are about as strategic and fun as as some ritalin-induced sperg can find (outside of fighting games), but lack appeal to normal-brained people. Games like 1942 were masterpieces of the genre, and had high reply value. I think shmups up to and including the SNES and Genesis were the last of the good ones. "Shmup" is a dumb word.

Opinion 2:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors was one of the best zombie games, though at the time Resident Evil 1 and 2 were pretty good too (but now pretty bad to play). I will automatically skip any game if zombies or the undead are the main feature.

Opinion 3:
EA is loving garbage for many reasons, but a main reason was not putting any of the Skate series on the PC. Hopefully Skate 4 will not be exclusive.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Haier posted:

Opinion 1:
Shmups after a certain era became garbage autism simulators. Bullet-hell games are about as strategic and fun as as some ritalin-induced sperg can find (outside of fighting games), but lack appeal to normal-brained people. Games like 1942 were masterpieces of the genre, and had high reply value. I think shmups up to and including the SNES and Genesis were the last of the good ones. "Shmup" is a dumb word.

Opinion 2:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors was one of the best zombie games, though at the time Resident Evil 1 and 2 were pretty good too (but now pretty bad to play). I will automatically skip any game if zombies or the undead are the main feature.

Opinion 3:
EA is loving garbage for many reasons, but a main reason was not putting any of the Skate series on the PC. Hopefully Skate 4 will not be exclusive.

If these are unpopular opinions then we are already dead, and in hell. I'm not sorry. We had it coming. Remember me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
People who obsess over fighting games and competitive fighting games players have something wrong with their brains.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Many years after release, the original Mirror's Edge is still the best looking game I've seen or played.

It shows that visual style and design is far more important than raw graphics.

It's a real shame they trashed it by making some open world garbage sequel. The environments and level design were the definition of pale imitation.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

signalnoise posted:

Vaguely technically literate people set up all kinds of bullshit while people who do tech poo poo for a living hate stuff that doesn't just work out of the fuckin box

hth

I spend all day doing technical poo poo and yeah if I install anything at home that doesn't work immediately I get so mad, like irrationally angry at it even though I usually fix it in 5 minutes or whatever

The AUDACITY of this computer to not immediately do what I want

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

People who obsess over fighting games and competitive fighting games players have something wrong with their brains.

I'm not going to disagree with you on this. But MOBA players are worse. :colbert:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Haier posted:

Opinion 1:

jets and guns is good. uh. uhhhh. i think thats it

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

signalnoise posted:

Vaguely technically literate people set up all kinds of bullshit while people who do tech poo poo for a living hate stuff that doesn't just work out of the fuckin box

hth

hence why i gave a solution that just works out of the box rather than giving some roundabout command line utility or some poo poo :milk:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

nigga crab pollock posted:

hence why i gave a solution that just works out of the box rather than giving some roundabout command line utility or some poo poo :milk:

I dunno man you told me to install one thing and then you told me to install an additional thing. Like what is this, communist russia????

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

I made it about 10 hours into Souls 1 before I quit, and put about three into number 2.

I got Bloodborne for $10 off of PSN when I got my PS4 last fall. I figured for $10 I'd give it a shot, I just can't seem to like it.

I love the aesthetics of the games, it's the tedious frame counting and dodging I dislike.

I wish I liked them because in my head they sound rad but whenever I pick up the controller I'm just meh.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Beastie posted:

I made it about 10 hours into Souls 1 before I quit, and put about three into number 2.

I got Bloodborne for $10 off of PSN when I got my PS4 last fall. I figured for $10 I'd give it a shot, I just can't seem to like it.

I love the aesthetics of the games, it's the tedious frame counting and dodging I dislike.

I wish I liked them because in my head they sound rad but whenever I pick up the controller I'm just meh.

I agree with every single thing in this post

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Beastie posted:

I dunno what frame counting is but yeah, if dodging through a sword swinging at you isn't satisfying, don't bother with the rest of the game. You can experience the aesthetic through an LP if you're one of those types. (I've never watched an LP unless the occasional speedrun counts.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

nigga crab pollock posted:

jets and guns is good. uh. uhhhh. i think thats it

I like dodonpachi.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Jeza posted:

Many years after release, the original Mirror's Edge is still the best looking game I've seen or played.

It shows that visual style and design is far more important than raw graphics.

It's a real shame they trashed it by making some open world garbage sequel. The environments and level design were the definition of pale imitation.

Mirrors edge looked good but was un loving playable.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Beastie posted:

I'm literally crying right now

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

frame counting??

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I really liked Mirrors Edge:Catalyst, the colour coding between the different areas was cool imo. The things about it that bugged me were having to use that stupid companion app to sort out my emblem etc and if you touched the FOV then some megabizarre warping would happen to NPC models if you looked around whilst they were talking.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

dragon age 2 was a good game

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

so was bioshock infinite and mass effect 3

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I lock the fps on the games I play to 30 fps

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Anything above 10 fps is fine.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Beastie posted:

All of them take about 20 hours before they're fun. This is dumb and bad but I love them anyway.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 9, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The souls games look incredibly boring and ugly.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

jfood posted:

I lock the fps on the games I play to 30 fps

You loving degenerate. Who do I talk about getting this person banned

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

!Klams posted:

All of them take about 20 hours before they're fun. This is dumb and bad but I love them anyway.
This was the impression I got. I always see footage of people with ballin' weapons and the skill to fight cooler monsters, while I'm stuck grinding on skeletons and my coolest weapon is a scimitar. I'm sure variety gets there eventually but like hell I have the time for it.

Also just got my Steam controller based on this thread and the cheap price point. Let's see how it does.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VideoTapir posted:

Mirrors edge looked good but was un loving playable.

I couldn't play the game because the levels look so open-ended like you can take any path to the destination, but really there's only ever one or two paths so I just end up running into invisible walls and dropping to my death constantly.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Also just got my Steam controller based on this thread and the cheap price point. Let's see how it does.

Lol

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The steam controller is better for first person shooters than a regular controller. That ain't saying much tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Hot take on Souls games: "Get Good" is actually the best advice anyone can give you.