Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I went out for a piss during the last five minutes of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and missed the ending :qq:

Spoiler: he gets assassinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a star war betamax posted:

Spoiler: he gets assassinated

by the coward Robert Ford.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They used reptile DNA so no feathers. There I fixed it for you.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

PostNouveau posted:

They used reptile DNA so no feathers. There I fixed it for you.

it was amphibian DNA I think, which would also not promote feathery growths

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

poo poo!!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

poo poo dude I hadn't made it to the twist yet

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Jurassic World specifically says they prevented the dinosaurs from having feathers because it would appeal to the masses more.

The dinosaurs have feathers thing has always felt like nerds just pretending to be outraged by this grievous error so they can show off how very very smart they are and how much they know about real dinosaurs to other nerds. Nobody actually cares, shut up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also they recently found out the T-Rex didn't have feathers, so the coolest dinosaur is safe.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/t-rex-skin-was-not-covered-feathers-study-says-180963603/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Nobody actually cares, shut up.

Nerd culture encapsulated in one sentence.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Turns out the t Rex didnt have feathers...... He actually was covered in cute little furry puff balls

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Proreview of Spider-Man: it's good and the pissing guy is weird

It's also Iron Man 3.5 like how Civil War was Avengers 2.5

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

feathered dinosaurs loving suck poo poo.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Finding out dinosaurs had feathers was like finding out Santa clause was your uncle that molested you twice a week your whole childhood

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Surprising, but it sorta makes sense

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Finding out dinosaurs had feathers was like finding out Santa clause was your uncle that molested you twice a week your whole childhood

i never believed in santa claus as a child. they gave me hypnotherapy sessions, and i think i remember him now.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I dunno I don't think it was that surprising. As soon as Jurassic Park said "dinosaurs are related to birds" I was like "then where are their feathers?". And then it turns out they probably had feathers. Maybe.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

I dunno I don't think it was that surprising. As soon as Jurassic Park said "dinosaurs are related to birds" I was like "then where are their feathers?". And then it turns out they probably had feathers. Maybe.

those still might have been headdresses. we know nothing of their customs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's only being made a big deal of because it's the kind of abrupt "everything you know is wrong" shift in knowledge that causes controversy, generating more clicks on news articles about it. Hell, we're ranting about it right now.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
at what point did they develop astronomy? we just dont know. we need more digs in the levant

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

It's only being made a big deal of because it's the kind of abrupt "everything you know is wrong" shift in knowledge that causes controversy, generating more clicks on news articles about it. Hell, we're ranting about it right now.

it's because it looks bad. nobody was real upset when it turned out trex didn't have kangaroo posture cuz it looks cooler the way it really was.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
T Rex es were garbage eating coward scavengers like a feral dog or a vulture or cockroach or something and it's really embarrassing how they have "fanboys"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Turns out the t Rex didnt have feathers...... He actually was covered in cute little furry puff balls

teehee lil arms poking out

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
one time i was walking into a group of sparrows(bad neighbourhood) and instead of fluttering away they all hopped and used their legs to move to the grass road divider place. but when they were all movng in unison it looked like a bunch of rodents running thru the grass

but it was birds. because they are the same

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

T Rex es were garbage eating coward scavengers like a feral dog or a vulture or cockroach or something and it's really embarrassing how they have "fanboys"

turns out horner was wrong about that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Spiderman needs to be a horrifying abomination in the eyes of god and man so that I can relate.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I look forward to seeing David Cronenberg's Spiderman 14: Gwen Stacy's Revenge

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The after-credits scene for spider-man also had me confused. It was Captain America basically saying "sorry if you're disappointed lol, better luck next time".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

The after-credits scene for spider-man also had me confused. It was Captain America basically saying "sorry if you're disappointed lol, better luck next time".

Holy gently caress, way to miss the joke.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

the good fax machine posted:

Thanks for bringing this down a couple notches. All the hype was starting to get to me, and I really did not want to pay movie theater prices to go watch yet another goddamn superhero flick. This puts me firmly back into rental territory.

Same, except i probably wont even rent it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Holy gently caress, way to miss the joke.

yeah idgi, maybe I disliked the movie cuz I had 4 long island ice teas before I saw it

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
i have an annual ritual where around Christmas I get drunk on mulled wine and catch up with all the Marvel movies that made their way to Netflix that year while wrapping gifts. I could never pay money to see a comic book movie but I'm glad that other people do so that there's enough money in the business for good movies to keep being made. God Bless

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I have a little Christmas ritual of my own where I think about the movies that are coming out next year and then I try to convince my noose to let me back into his place.

naem
May 29, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

one time i was walking into a group of sparrows(bad neighbourhood) and instead of fluttering away they all hopped and used their legs to move to the grass road divider place. but when they were all movng in unison it looked like a bunch of rodents running thru the grass

but it was birds. because they are the same

https://youtu.be/Kh0Y2hVe_bw

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reignofevil posted:

I have a little Christmas ritual of my own where I think about the movies that are coming out next year and then I try to convince my noose to let me back into his place.

Lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a bone to pick posted:

yeah idgi, maybe I disliked the movie cuz I had 4 long island ice teas before I saw it

You are Mike Stoklasa.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
God damnit every time we play this game I draw the Josh straw.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

have they watch the spider man yet?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
No

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

good, I hope they never watch an comic book movie ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus