Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why wouldn't she just show them the ticket? Also lol at taking pictures of holding her child in her lap. We know what it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mu Zeta posted:

Why wouldn't she just show them the ticket?

Maybe she was afraid of being beaten up and dragged off of the plane by cops and winding up with her child given over to the tender hands of CPS until the mess all got straightened out, and figured that keeping quiet, holding onto her kid, and giving United hell once she got to where she was going was a safer bet.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So has United always been bad and these stories are just the most recent line in a long series or did it become poo poo recently?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Spikeguy posted:

So has United always been bad and these stories are just the most recent line in a long series or did it become poo poo recently?

A lot of it is poo poo that almost every airline has been getting up to, but the whole "Knocking out a paying customer because he didn't want to be kicked off a plane for no reason" thing has inspired a whole lot of scrutiny into airlines loving everyone over and every turn.

Though you'd think that at a certain point, United or its employees would start being a lot more careful when it comes to customer service when they know that every misstep is going to end up recorded and made into news.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Spikeguy posted:

People have always done stupid poo poo, be it crackers up clackers, coins in groins or beating up customers. Everyone can film it and distribute it to the masses these days. So the world sees it before you get a chance to shut it down.

None of this is exceptionally new, it is exceptionally visible though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Though you'd think that at a certain point, United or its employees would start being a lot more careful when it comes to customer service when they know that every misstep is going to end up recorded and made into news.
Wasn't their response to just ban people recording on their planes?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zereth posted:

Wasn't their response to just ban people recording on their planes?

Yep! Because that has no way of backfiring!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bogan King posted:

People have always done stupid poo poo, be it crackers up clackers, coins in groins or beating up customers. Everyone can film it and distribute it to the masses these days. So the world sees it before you get a chance to shut it down.

None of this is exceptionally new, it is exceptionally visible though.

Yeah, it's the same as with all the racist cop stuff lately. People have always been evil assholes, social media just makes it harder to pretend it doesn't exist.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
do people still think United was wrong for that?

they literally had no other option but to use violence when the passenger refused to leave peacefully

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
yes, because the guy paid for his seat and they only wanted to kick him off for reasons that had nothing to do with his behaviour

why do people feel the need to defend massive businesses? they don't need defending

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Slime posted:

yes, because the guy paid for his seat and they only wanted to kick him off for reasons that had nothing to do with his behaviour

why do people feel the need to defend massive businesses? they don't need defending

Because sometimes massive businesses are right?

That's not the case with united, who acted horribly with that passenger, but there's an echo chamber in the thread about how big companies are always evil, and defending them means you're some kind of shill. It's pathetic college level leftist crap

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

That's not the case with united, who acted horribly with that passenger, but there's an echo chamber in the thread about how big companies are always evil, and defending them means you're some kind of shill. It's pathetic college level leftist crap

They don't need defending by us. They already have lawyers and poo poo. Let their lawyers defend them, gently caress us defending them on the rare occasion that they're not being the evil shits for once.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, it's the same as with all the racist cop stuff lately. People have always been evil assholes, social media just makes it harder to pretend it doesn't exist.

It's like the William Gibson tweet.

quote:

Ubiquitous pocket video recorders made flying saucers disappear. Had the opposite effect on police violence to black Americans #GoFigure

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Slime posted:

They don't need defending by us. They already have lawyers and poo poo. Let their lawyers defend them, gently caress us defending them on the rare occasion that they're not being the evil shits for once.

The passenger who was assaulted also has a lawyer.

Your argument makes no sense. If someone is right, be it an individual or a company, you should say so. The class warfare resentment your spouting is ridiculous.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

The passenger who was assaulted also has a lawyer.

Your argument makes no sense. If someone is right, be it an individual or a company, you should say so. The class warfare resentment your spouting is ridiculous.

except they were wrong

edit: oh wait i loving remember this guy, it's the same dipshit who defended them before

gently caress off you corporate shill, they don't need you cheerleading for them they have millions to buy cheerleaders with

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Slime posted:

except they were wrong

I said united was absolutely in the wrong. That's not the point I'm answering to.
TB ''s whole meltdown before had to do with "OMG someone defending companies" as if that's inherently reprehensible. You should defend whoever is right.
In the assaulted passenger, united was in the wrong; in other occasions, they're in the right.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do people still think United was wrong for that?

they literally had no other option but to use violence when the passenger refused to leave peacefully

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

And I fell for it like a big dumb goony idiot.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Anyone defending corporations is probably the same type of rear end in a top hat who says "eh, they donated 100k to Susan G Koman can't be all bad amirite?"

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

this but unironically

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/LucieDuthion/status/882088962042605572

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Whut?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So they shipped the chair in baggage and at some point united took the wheels off and everything?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/united-destroys-40k-custom-wheelchair.html

edit : The airline subsequently offered the use of an alternative chair, one that was not at all suited to Duthion’s condition. What’s more, United reportedly told the group they had to use the alternate wheelchair or else sign a waiver declaring that they had refused the airline’s “help.”

Yeah, united is trash.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Won't someone think of the reprehensible, irredeemable entities destroying our planet?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

gently caress, those who want to chat about how terrible/great airlines are, go start your own thread.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Slime posted:

Like, you have an okay point but your also sound like a loving tool so

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's impressive the lengths to which they went in destroying this chair. It appears they made sure to strip off literally all the mechanical and electronic components, leaving only the most vulgar mockery of its original state. It's not just an accident, it's an aggressively deliberate political statement, a work of abstract art.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Jul 9, 2017

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

It's impressive the lengths to which they went in destroying this chair. It appears they made sure to strip off literally all the mechanical and electronic components, leaving only the most vulgar mockery of its original state. It's not just an accident, it's an aggressively deliberate political statement, a work of abstract art.

I like the one missing wheel.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

joshtothemaxx posted:

Anyone defending corporations is probably the same type of rear end in a top hat who says "eh, they donated 100k to Susan G Koman can't be all bad amirite?"

A statement should be analyzed based on its accuracy, not on your sophomore level political ideology.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

Like, you have an okay point but your* also sound like a loving tool so

i do not dispute being a loving tool

also

*you

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Non Serviam posted:

durrhurr im a big stupid dipshit

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

A statement should be analyzed based on its accuracy, not on your sophomore level political ideology.

Yes because "Giant, uncaring, purely profit driven monoliths have our best interests in mind, quit whining lefty" is fuckin top tier political enlightenment

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
How do people in this thread keep falling for "actually, corporations are...good!" posts? It's like fishing in the world's dumbest pond. Also, why do people keep making those posts in the first place? Like, there's no particular craft or comedy to baiting in this thread. My 9-year-old cousin could start a four-page United derail in here.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Xen Tricks posted:

Yes because "Giant, uncaring, purely profit driven monoliths have our best interests in mind, quit whining lefty" is fuckin top tier political enlightenment

It's good that this isn't what I said then ☺️

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Scratch-O posted:

How do people in this thread keep falling for "actually, corporations are...good!" posts? It's like fishing in the world's dumbest pond. Also, why do people keep making those posts in the first place? Like, there's no particular craft or comedy to baiting in this thread. My 9-year-old cousin could start a four-page United derail in here.

Most posters (and Americans) actually believe that

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scratch-O posted:

Because they're lovely and dumb, dude. Most bad opinions voiced online aren't somebody faking for attention, there's just an ignorant and hateful person on the other end. Crying "troll!" every time you see an rear end in a top hat doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look hysterical.

Non Serviam posted:

It's good that this isn't what I said then ☺️

Shilling for a corporation that doesn't pay you to do so remains the most pathetic thing I've ever seen online, and that's really saying something.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Because they're lovely and dumb, dude. Most bad opinions voiced online aren't somebody faking for attention, there's just an ignorant and hateful person on the other end. Crying "troll!" every time you see an rear end in a top hat doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look hysterical.

Well, if anyone knows about looking hysterical on SA...

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scratch-O posted:

Well, if anyone knows about looking hysterical on SA...

Aw poor baby got disagreed with online :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Slimy Hog posted:

gently caress, those who want to chat about how terrible/great airlines are, go start your own thread.

Seriously, I keep being surprised to find the Stupid/Appalling Airline Behavior thread in my bookmarks list. This thread either needs to be renamed or have the topic split off to its own. I'd start it myself if I had any desire to read PYF S/AAB.