Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

has anyone called jeremy corbyn PAL bernie sanders yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

exmarx posted:

benn's dad was a liberal tho
liberals proposed the NHS

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

UrbicaMortis posted:

Spot the odd one out of his children's names:

Tom Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg
Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg
Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam Rees-Mogg
Mary Rees-Mogg
lfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg
Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg

:thunk:

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't own the "numbers as names" thing and have Primus, Secundus, etc.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

consumed by normies posted:

he just had a child and apparently named him Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg

he didn't name his fifth child quentin and he has the gall of saddling his sixth one with the name sixtus

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

:rip: Anselm, saw Kingdom Hearts and died.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Watch this and tell me Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't absolutely a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGxq3pvJPQ

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

hakimashou posted:

Watch this and tell me Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't absolutely a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGxq3pvJPQ

He dodged a lot of those questions to be honest was not impressed. His response to the class status of even third generation pakistani immigrants was a fib too, typical politician response.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

jBrereton posted:

liberals proposed the NHS

right. i'm saying there's a difference between the son of a liberal baronet who was given a peerage in the 40s, and a hosed up charles ii guy who got 'born to rule' bred into him like he was a show poodle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/884023079961284611?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Unbelievable. If anyone doubted they were closet tories all along...

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

couldnt this be an opportunity to replace them with Actually Good MPs or is my understanding of limey politics wrong

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Or is it fake news like everything else.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

silvergoose posted:

Or is it fake news like everything else.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

couldnt this be an opportunity to replace them with Actually Good MPs or is my understanding of limey politics wrong

They'll be replaced by just as poo poo mps from a slightly different political tradition.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It is. This is like them yelling "you can't fire me, I quit!" when it was in fact impossible to fire your lovely employee who kept sabotaging your organisation for another five years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it won't happen but in the unlikely event it does it just proves what everyone was saying about them

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cheeky Jerry

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Given Corbyn's poll numbers is there any reason to think Labour would lose those by-elections? Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be great optics but Corbyn already faced down multiple revolts within his own caucus and is currently stronger than ever. I wonder how many Labour "moderates" are holding potentially vulnerable swing seats.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I don't live anywhere near the UK, but what are my chances of getting work with the Labour party following Jeremy Corbyn around and being his hype man?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

thats not even a joke, its real

¿por k no los 2?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Itzena posted:

I'm a little disappointed that he didn't own the "numbers as names" thing and have Primus, Secundus, etc.

theyre popes names

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Helsing posted:

Given Corbyn's poll numbers is there any reason to think Labour would lose those by-elections?
idk maybe.

If they do it during uni term time tories will win those elections prob

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

Spot the odd one out of his children's names:

Tom Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg
Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg
Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam Rees-Mogg
Mary Rees-Mogg
lfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg
Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg

:thunk:
theyre aint no ofd one out all his children are named after the gods of the new rome :eng99:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

theyre popes names

it's a lack of commitment to the gimmick to be catholic rather than high church anglican imo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Peel posted:

it's a lack of commitment to the gimmick to be catholic rather than high church anglican imo

Its his eccentricity.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

what was this it's been deleted

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

what was this it's been deleted
Apparently there were to be mass resignations by the right wing of Labour. Either it was a lie or they changed their minds, I guess.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

exmarx posted:

rees-mogg is obviously scum, but i've always felt kind of bad for him. with his upbringing there's no way he could have been anything but a tory.

There are many career paths open to the terminally posh in modern Britain: vicar, theatre director, eccentric history teacher, oddly down-with-the-kids youth worker.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I remember reading that Mr Rees-Mogg attends the maiden speech of every new member of parliament, listens attentively and then gives gives a heartfelt and friendly response and congratulations.

I think he really does believe he has a duty to be a public servant.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

hakimashou posted:

I remember reading that Mr Rees-Mogg attends the maiden speech of every new member of parliament, listens attentively and then gives gives a heartfelt and friendly response and congratulations.

I think he really does believe he has a duty to be a public servant.

Could you please post in D&D instead of here?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

get thee to a d and d

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
its cool that jacob rees-moggs nanny posts in this thread

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Peel posted:

being in communion with rome gives hella stat bonuses to both blueness of blood and disdain for the poor

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dzhay posted:

There are many career paths open to the terminally posh in modern Britain: vicar, theatre director, eccentric history teacher, oddly down-with-the-kids youth worker.

but if he were a vicar/pederast, what children would he have to saddle with unwieldy names?

here's a game: what would he name a second daughter? Joan? Victoria? Tonacacihautl?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Autism Sneaks posted:

but if he were a vicar/pederast, what children would he have to saddle with unwieldy names?

here's a game: what would he name a second daughter? Joan? Victoria? Tonacacihautl?

Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna would work

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna would work

I mean, judging from the fact his current daughter is the only kid without a billion names, in going to guess rees-mogg just lets the nanny pick and then ignores the kid.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

being in communion with rome gives hella stat bonuses to both blueness of blood and disdain for the poor

otoh calvinism is a terrorist faith

in summary christianity is a religion of contrasts, cleanse the infidels, in'shallah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/HuffPostUKPol/s...ber%3D65%23pti6

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im from the south adn the only person ive heard say that was my 91 yo grandmother from rural arkansas