Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dan is better than Max and Red Bull sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

gently caress this thread, I now support Max. Future WDC and all-round way more likable and talented than Sebastian Vettel.

My disgust at Red Bull remains the same I will try and contain the cognitive dissonance.

I'm the same way with Are Dan :smith::hf::smith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BUT HE WON A RACE!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wish we had a Red Bull not funded by a old hateful youth vampire.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Lance is an amazing driver. He just scores.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Drunk Canuck posted:

Lance is an amazing driver. He just scores.

He's won every category he's entered. You don't do that without skill.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You both disgust me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

gently caress this thread, I now support Max. Future WDC and all-round way more likable and talented than Sebastian Vettel.

My disgust at Red Bull remains the same I will try and contain the cognitive dissonance.

I honestly don't get the Max hate. Dude's loving awesome and stuck in a car that will be withdrawn from F1 now Renault are a works team.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

He's won every category he's entered. You don't do that without skill.

Keep fighting the good fight bro :hfive:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

I honestly don't get the Max hate. Dude's loving awesome and stuck in a car that will be withdrawn from F1 now Renault are a works team.

I think you are correct. RBR has no leverage whatsoever and its pretty funny when Helmut threaten to leave F1.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.

NtotheTC posted:

It's ok it's not like he's actually driving their cars for more than five minutes a race anyway

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

- max to ferrari
- kimi to sky commentary
- saintz to rbr
- gastly to toro rosso
- kvyat to Ukrainian border patrol
- Lewis to the safety car
- bottas back to Williams
- Mercedes to garbage collection
- massa to spring again

Silly season predictions.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine
Now this is how i wish all race engineers would take to their drivers...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHS-W4mb_Jo&t=1719s

Savage.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think you are correct. RBR has no leverage whatsoever and its pretty funny when Helmut threaten to leave F1.

I honestly think that rather than buy out the more sorted Red Bull outfit (like they did with Benetton last time they returned to F1) they deliberately bought out Lotus - the old Benetton and latterly Renault entry - as a turbo 'gently caress you' to Red Bull for making GBS threads on them since 2014 with a long view that they'll piss money against the wall only to ultimately be passed by Renault's works team.

And that's not my jokey conspiracy bollocks, just a good old corporate 'gargle my balls' move by an enormous car maker with tremendous F1 history that is bankrolled in part by the French government.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

- max to ferrari
- kimi to sky commentary
- saintz to rbr
- gastly to toro rosso
- Lewis to the safety car
- bottas back to Williams
- Mercedes to garbage collection
- massa to spring again

Kimi to Sky commentary would be amazing. No inane chat, just listen to cars and radio instead of that fat heap of poo poo Crofty making GBS threads out of his mouth.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Fucks sake, I can't even read my own posts now without seeing this loving av and immediately thinking 'what a twat.' Now I know how the rest of you feel reading my posts.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Theophany posted:

Fucks sake, I can't even read my own posts now without seeing this loving av and immediately thinking 'what a twat.' Now I know how the rest of you feel reading my posts.

It's okay, Tony will be back in about 24 hours to retake the twat crown.

I hope someone leaks that Dan has asked the media people to not ask about shoeys anymore. He'll do them when they're spontaneous and justified.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

He's way overhyped relative to where his skill level is and his complete lack of personality. It's the exact same thing when Seb was at Red Bull so I wouldn't be overly shocked if I start liking him once he leaves.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

He's way overhyped relative to where his skill level is and his complete lack of personality. It's the exact same thing when Seb was at Red Bull so I wouldn't be overly shocked if I start liking him once he leaves.

That's a fair point, driving for the frat bros of the F1 grid makes you difficult to like.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I've realized that while I hate both Hamilton and Vettel, I'm not sure who is worse.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

That's a fair point, driving for the frat bros of the F1 grid makes you difficult to like.

Hesketh and Hunt were cool. Don't compare them with red loving bull for fucks sake

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Max was at McLaren then he'd be likeable.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

If there Danni gave Schuey a Shoey he'd probably drown.

Weird.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hesketh and Hunt were cool. Don't compare them with red loving bull for fucks sake

Red Bull turn up to Monaco with their mega yacht and pit crew dressed up as stormtroopers, that's a total Hesketh move. The only difference is they're hugely corporate about it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Red Bull turn up to Monaco with their mega yacht and pit crew dressed up as stormtroopers, that's a total Hesketh move. The only difference is they're hugely corporate about it.

So, they arent like Hesketh at all?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Watched the race on replay. Kvyat is trash. At least Petrov was likable. Frog and Nando got caught out on some bullshit.

I'm warming to Bowtas from his post-race radio. Seems like a cool guy. :unsmith:

The Colgate Bogan might be annoying, but at least he denied Their Lewis a podium.

Are Haas need...something. KMag seems like a cool guy, but he can't do poo poo. Big John the Brake Destroyer is getting dropped first for whoever Are Gene considers the future.

Khablam posted:

- max to ferrari
- saintz to rbr
- gastly to toro rosso

yep

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 9, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What a boring race. The last 5 laps were pretty good though.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Despite his team's best efforts, Palmer once again destroyed Hulkenblerg with a stunning driving masterclass. But you won't hear about it in this thread, because it doesn't fit the narrative from Brussels.

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
Boring poo poo race. Hamilton is a dour, moany bitch, Vettel is a smarmy, whiny bitch. Riccardo is the driver for my heart.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm just glad the f1 youtube channel posts highlights so I could sleep in.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dentist toy box posted:

I'm just glad the f1 youtube channel posts highlights so I could sleep in.

This race had highlights???

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thanks Ants posted:

If Max was at McLaren then he'd be likeable.

Not with that face

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Austria got the lovely race that their terrible ignorant country deserves. I hope F1 never comes back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDzJaabqS_8&t=285s

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lew...g-a3286816.html

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Not with that face

Jos would have beaten him slightly differently in the timeline that resulted in a McLaren drive, so the face would be different too.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
It was one of those 'what am I doing with my life?' type of races.

I normally don't like to jump on the max hate bandwagon, but the schadenfreude I felt when seeing the sad orange masses was probably the highlight of the race.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bottas is closer to Hamilton than Hamilton is to Vettel. Lmfao @ Shamilton.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Unfair probation for entirely legitimate rivals.com pun used against the second worst of drivers

GramCracker posted:

-lmbo at Shitcrappen

Same but the worst of drivers

GramCracker posted:

-Holy gently caress that start by BoatAss :stonk:

This is a tasteless rivals.com pun and a deserved probation, Our Valtteri is obviously MWDC already and will soon be WDC. When Finns use German machinery nothing but good can come from it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Where's my boy enri at? I hope he's having a super day :ohdear:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Bottas pulled off an Are Nelsie '87 where he wins the WDC just kept picking up podiums while holding a nominal amount of wins it will be very difficult for me to not like him.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

So, they arent like Hesketh at all?

Lord Hesketh would've been all about that mang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

If Bottas pulled off an Are Nelsie '87 where he wins the WDC just kept picking up podiums while holding a nominal amount of wins it will be very difficult for me to not like him.

If he pulls off an Our Nico '17 I'll pull one off for this thread.

• Locked thread