Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The demo of the fan-made sequel to 7th stand user is [supposedly] being released later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
neat! i really hope it's less of a boring grind than the first one, I felt bad that I could never make that far in it.

also people who say the oil tanker is better than the road roller because the oil tanker explodes are a buncha DumbAsses

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I have to be honest, I have never understood how Jotaro got out getting crushed. Dio stops time, falls on him with it, fully lands on the ground, realizes he can't move, and Jotaro is just there. When did he actually move?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Moltrey posted:

neat! i really hope it's less of a boring grind than the first one, I felt bad that I could never make that far in it.

also people who say the oil tanker is better than the road roller because the oil tanker explodes are a buncha DumbAsses

I just used cheat engine to give everyone a level or two at every new location. Worked out well enough, without making things too easy.

The rng bullshit was still annoying as gently caress.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Momomo posted:

So I have to be honest, I have never understood how Jotaro got out getting crushed. Dio stops time, falls on him with it, fully lands on the ground, realizes he can't move, and Jotaro is just there. When did he actually move?

jotaro stopped time at 9 seconds, freezing dio right before he crush jojo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
How did Jotaro get under that manhole so fast. Like that seems like a long ways even with time stop, plus he would have to remove the cover, climb in and put it back in place. Honestly I just don't know if I can take this series seriously with such glaring issues

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/jojomovie_jp/status/883445543019597824

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C R U S H E D T O D E A T H

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Condiv posted:

jotaro stopped time at 9 seconds, freezing dio right before he crush jojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaqZh_gGz4
But you see it touch the ground right at nine seconds. Why would it move if time is frozen?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Momomo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaqZh_gGz4
But you see it touch the ground right at nine seconds. Why would it move if time is frozen?

Maybe Jotaro is the one who pushed it the last inches to make DIO think he had one. Or Jotaro used time stop to escape at the last second, then stopped time again to attack DIO. Nothing says it has to be a single, uninterrupted freeze. Either way, Jotaro is a huge troll, and will totally go the extra mile to gently caress with DIO's head.

The manhole cover makes no sense at all, but it's rad so w/e.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

He burrowed underground like when Wheel of Fortune ran him over

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jotaro can freaking fly and never does so ever again

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The OVA was my introduction to JoJo lol

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

It's out now but unfortunately it's kind of a stinker

shame, I was going to apply to work on the game if it was good :sigh:

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 8, 2017

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
goon project: 7th stand user but SBR

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Goon project: A Jojo RPG that's an original story.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Another Part

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Waffleman_ posted:

oh geez we wouldn't have a part to copy most of the dialogue from. sounds hard

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The metaplot from 7th Stand User was amazing and jojo as gently caress. I feel a little sorry for anyone who wasn't able to get to it because it rules. It's stupid but in the good jojo kind of way and you can tell how much the creator loved jojo and incorporating their idea into the game.

Brofessor Slayton posted:

That is a cute idea for a stand evolution. The closest we get is Killer Queen picking up more Queen-themed effects.

I forget, didn't White Album have an ability called White Album Gently Weeps, or was that just the name of a chapter or something?

There was also D4C gaining the power of Love Train. I dunno if any other stand did it or not, I can't remember. Weather Report's Heavy Weather I think?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

white album does in fact have a 'white album gently weeps' thing that the user mentions. i think it's specifically him lowering the temperature to absolute zero, when he starts freezing the air around him

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It's just a named technique that uses his stands regular ability, though. More Crossfire Hurricane than Sheer Heart Attack.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tetracube posted:

oh geez we wouldn't have a part to copy most of the dialogue from. sounds hard

a game about holly and her stand

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Alternate reality part 3 where Jotaro gets sick and Holly takes his place.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What if Holly had a gun

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'll never not lol at the wheelchair bound zombie who became air force commander somehow

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kurtofan posted:

i'll never not lol at the wheelchair bound zombie who became air force commander somehow

This was WWI, the standards for getting a high rank in the officer corps amounted to "is really rich and stupid".

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Tetracube posted:

It's out now but unfortunately it's kind of a stinker

shame, I was going to apply to work on the game if it was good :sigh:

Yeah considering the demo is just dialogue and walking you'd think the dialogue would be better and the environments would be more fun to explore. The best part of the demo is how each player stand gets a different scene when jotaro asks them to test their stand power by focusing on a huge boulder. I got 「Dange rZone」which is the one that affects probability in a certain area so a bunch of rare sea creatures just happened to come out of the ocean and carry the boulder away

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Funky Valentine posted:

This was WWI, the standards for getting a high rank in the officer corps amounted to "is really rich and stupid".

george joestar early days of the war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejc1wwRGjFk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

It wasn't like he was wheelchair bound before becoming an air force commander

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

https://youtu.be/ZJE7uJyHJ3k

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe nobody noticed that guy was a zombie

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

just finished part 5. persona 5 has so many parallels to it it's not funny. how will stone ocean inspire persona 6?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

just finished part 5. persona 5 has so many parallels to it it's not funny. how will stone ocean inspire persona 6?

you're loving going to jail

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Condiv posted:

You'll finally play as A Gay and the animal mascot will be a shrimp

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
also a female protagonist, and a section where we try to figure out where the gently caress mick*y is

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
God I want knockoff Disney personas

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah considering the demo is just dialogue and walking you'd think the dialogue would be better and the environments would be more fun to explore. The best part of the demo is how each player stand gets a different scene when jotaro asks them to test their stand power by focusing on a huge boulder. I got 「Dange rZone」which is the one that affects probability in a certain area so a bunch of rare sea creatures just happened to come out of the ocean and carry the boulder away

[DANGER ZONE] buds :hf:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Nina posted:

God I want knockoff Disney personas

Would everyone's stand be named after a Disney song they sing, or are they still semi-random rock and pop references?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Waffleman_ posted:

Joshua bar Joseph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You'll finally play as A Gay and the animal mascot will be a shrimp

So.... Splatoon?