Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Injury prone and injury prone but no production?

No thanks.

Freeman + whatever WR is available at 2.01 please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Also you guys are doing it wrong, if you pick at 12/13, it won't be 26/27 it'd be 36/37 as your next picks.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 9, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Injury prone but no production is not how I would describe Demaryius Thomas, literally the only WR to go 90/1000 over each of the last five seasons lmao

And DT hasn't missed a game since 2011.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

uh yeah my fault, with 12 teams it's 36/37th that you get next.

And I dont trust ADPs in July: too skewed by dynasty/keeper leagues and rookie drafts etc.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Injury prone but no production is not how I would describe Demaryius Thomas, literally the only WR to go 90/1000 over each of the last five seasons lmao

And DT hasn't missed a game since 2011.

Fantasy productive. What did he have, 3 touchdowns last two years? Doesn't matter either way with the next picks being 12 deeper anyway. At that point it's impossible not to grab a WR at 2.01.

Edit
I just looked at Dr's Roto and if he is available at 37 I say go for it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

uh yeah my fault, with 12 teams it's 36/37th that you get next.

And I dont trust ADPs in July: too skewed by dynasty/keeper leagues and rookie drafts etc.

FF Calculator and ESPN are redraft only :ssh:

Spermy Smurf posted:

Fantasy productive. What did he have, 3 touchdowns last two years? Doesn't matter either way with the next picks being 12 deeper anyway. At that point it's impossible not to grab a WR at 2.01.

Edit
I just looked at Dr's Roto and if he is available at 37 I say go for it.

He was WR17 in PPR last year with an abysmally low number of touchdowns that are due to positively regress idgi

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, our argument is null anyway since the next picks would be 37 not 25. At 37 yaaaaay but at 25 it's a serious headscratcher for me.

I should have verified, but ah well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah, our argument is null anyway since the next picks would be 37 not 25. At 37 yaaaaay but at 25 it's a serious headscratcher for me.

I should have verified, but ah well.

oh you were duped by the typo in the ADP. Okay we are all good friend.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
DT fuckin owns always draft him he's been a (comparative) ADP bargain for like each of the last 5 seasons

he's also likely the most consistent weekly scoring "big play" WR in fantasy history this side of Randy Moss

e: a year or two ago I got him near the 3/4 turn which should never happen

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 9, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

And then, what are you taking next, at the 26th/27th turn? I'd have a reallllly hard time taking RB-RB at the 12/13 turn, just because the next time you get to take a WR is a looooot of picks later.

In our mock slow draft my first six picks were LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, Demaryius Thomas, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Mark Ingram.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also because I'm a cool guy I'm doing research on a Saturday night... not for nothin but Paul Perkins had a slightly higher YPC than Latavius, Lamar Miller, CJ Anderson, :siren: CHRISTINE MICHAEL :siren: and Melvin Gordon.

His ADP is in the seventh round and his competition moseyed out of town fwiw

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Also because I'm a cool guy I'm doing research on a Saturday night... not for nothin but Paul Perkins had a slightly higher YPC than Latavius, Lamar Miller, CJ Anderson, :siren: CHRISTINE MICHAEL :siren: and Melvin Gordon.

His ADP is in the seventh round and his competition moseyed out of town fwiw

Counterpoint: Giants Suck

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hmm you do make a fair point

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I feel like the Perkins hype train is really getting going and I'm legitimately curious to see how it plays out. The line is just so bad, but the receiving corps is such a threat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He's definitely no more than a mid-round dart through, and he's not even the guy I would take in the seventh round. If he slips somehow he's worth a shot. It's all lining up for him to outperform his ADP but the question is really by how much.

The player I'm taking in the seventh at his ADP 100% of the time and probably even in the sixth round is J. Jonah Jamison Crowder.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Didn't the Giants address their line a bit this offseason? I'm not high on Perkins per se, but I'd nab him in the eighth or ninth if he were available.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The Fantasy Footballers have a great ongoing bit where they argue that Perkins would have a ton more hype going for him if he wasn't named Paul Perkins. And they're not wrong. That's 100% the name of an accountant, not a football player. If he was instead named Smash Jackson, I would take him nearly anywhere in the draft.

I'm still sad that Storm Johnson washed out of the league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sure guys. Take a RB who looked like poo poo behind one of the worst lines in football. Oh, and they didn't do anything to improve that line.

Don't take that guy unless he's the last starting RB on the board.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

PFF had him as the most elusive player in college before he was drafted. He can create on his own as a runner so I don't think the state of the Giant's o-line will kill his chances. Wouldn't be the most unexpected sophomore jump. Though I do agree it's probably smarter to believe in the conservative projections for Perkins since he's not built like a feature back and since this is the Giants, they could easily go with an ugly looking committee at RB.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

Sure guys. Take a RB who looked like poo poo behind one of the worst lines in football. Oh, and they didn't do anything to improve that line.

Don't take that guy unless he's the last starting RB on the board.

Truth. Plus the Giants are gonna throw it a million times this year

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Vereen is going to get all the third down work, and Gallman is going to get every chance to take the job and even if he doesn't, will probably vulture some touchdowns. Perkins doesn't have a hype train for good reason, not because of his name (lol).

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Why would anyone draft Paul Perkins when J Stew is still available?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Papes posted:

Why would anyone draft Paul Perkins when J Stew is still available?

Giants have shown supreme confidence in Perkins. Carolina has shown they plan to take a lot of carries away from stewart.
Stewart is always injured, and he's a year older
Perkins has had a year to learn the giants schemes
Teams can guard against the run with Carolina, because they have one of the worst receiving cores
Giants have one of the best receiving cores, I doubt Perkins will ever see eight in a box
Giants going to score a lot, perkins is probably their best weapon inside the 5
Carolina's short yardage scores will be divvied up between Cam, their fullbacks, and whichever rb is on the field

I'm not on the hype train. PErkins is going to have an unexciting year where he finishes as like he 24th best RB. Which is great value for where he is going, as Spoeank mentioned. I value floor in my RB2, and Perkins definitely seems to have a much higher floor than Stewart, who might end up as an afterthought in the Panthers plans

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 9, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

You misspelled Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard, and Wayne Gallman

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Giants have shown supreme confidence in Perkins. Carolina has shown they plan to take a lot of carries away from stewart.
Stewart is always injured, and he's a year older
Perkins has had a year to learn the giants schemes
Teams can guard against the run with Carolina, because they have one of the worst receiving cores
Giants have one of the best receiving cores, I doubt Perkins will ever see eight in a box
Carolina's short yardage scores will be divvied up between Cam, their fullbacks, and whichever rb is on the field

I'm not on the hype train. PErkins is going to have an unexciting year where he finishes as like he 24th best RB. Which is great value for where he is going, as Spoeank mentioned. I value floor in my RB2, and Perkins definitely seems to have a much higher floor than Stewart, who might end up as an afterthought in the Panthers plans

Stewart and Mcaffery are going to be a Lacy and Starks duo this year, and I'd bet you can pencil Stewart in for the same 200 inefficient touches he always gets. Also, Stewart had 9 Tds last year in 13 games and Mike Tolbert is going to camp in Buffalo.

FFcalc has Perkins going in the 6th and Stewart going in the 9th.

I'll take Stewart 10/10 times there. In fact, I'd take Ingram in the 6th before I even took a whiff of perkins.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hot take Wayne Gallman doesn't even lead the Giants rookies in touchdowns

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ayudo posted:

In fact, I'd take Ingram in the 6th before I even took a whiff of perkins.
And this is why Perkins is a value. You get a starting RB where other people are targeting backups.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Hot take Wayne Gallman doesn't even lead the Giants rookies in touchdowns

I mean, Giants haven't drafted anyone of note at the position since Ahmad Bradshaw.

Tiptoes posted:

And this is why Perkins is a value. You get a starting RB where other people are targeting backups.

Ingram has operated in a committee his whole career, and had a great year doing so last season. Peterson will play a role alongside Ingram, but I doubt he sees much use in the passing attack. Ingram will take screens to the house and be more than fine as a flex in all formats.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hot take, AD will be the AD of old now that he's part of a competent offense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Are we just pretending the Saints didn't trade a future second to move up and get Kamara in the third

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also of all the things to wake up this thread it was me posting Perkins' ypc lol

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tiptoes posted:

The Giants starting running back was worthless last year, what makes you think this year will be better?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Are we just pretending the Saints didn't trade a future second to move up and get Kamara in the third

This thread is for hot takes, not logical analysis of front office decisions. Save that poo poo for CBS, not TFF!

I actually think Kamara is the back to own in NO. Don't tell anyone

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

The Saints draft bad. Leveraging the future for today is what they do. They also traded Brandon Cooks for a Tackle that they might not have needed at all until Armstead tore his labrum punching a tackle dummy.

You can always pencil the Saints in for 8 wins and 6000+ yards of offense. Not sure if Kamara will be a bigger part of that than Lasco, Murphy, or Cadet have been in years past. Probably not as a rookie though.

What I'm saying is draft Snead everywhere.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

This thread is for hot takes, not logical analysis of front office decisions. Save that poo poo for CBS, not TFF!

I actually think Kamara is the back to own in NO. Don't tell anyone

way ahead of ya buddy :smug:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

way ahead of ya buddy :smug:

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE!!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ayudo posted:

The Saints draft bad. Leveraging the future for today is what they do. They also traded Brandon Cooks for a Tackle that they might not have needed at all until Armstead tore his labrum punching a tackle dummy.

You can always pencil the Saints in for 8 wins and 6000+ yards of offense. Not sure if Kamara will be a bigger part of that than Lasco, Murphy, or Cadet have been in years past. Probably not as a rookie though.

What I'm saying is draft Snead everywhere.

Kamara's gonna be Darren Sproles 2011.

At least I hope so.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ayudo posted:

Stewart and Mcaffery are going to be a Lacy and Starks duo this year, and I'd bet you can pencil Stewart in for the same 200 inefficient touches he always gets. Also, Stewart had 9 Tds last year in 13 games and Mike Tolbert is going to camp in Buffalo.

FFcalc has Perkins going in the 6th and Stewart going in the 9th.

I'll take Stewart 10/10 times there. In fact, I'd take Ingram in the 6th before I even took a whiff of perkins.

Yes to most of that. Although, The statement being debated was "Why would anyone draft Paul Perkins when J Stew is still available?" So I think you're agreeing with my rebuttal even though it sounds like you are disagreeing with it.

Has Ingram been falling to the sixth for you? That's insane. He's like a legitimate back, not like stewart and perkins, who are "I guess I need someone" territory

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

You misspelled Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shepard, and Wayne Gallman

Haha, I shouldn't have used a qualifying term like "best." Let me see if I can dig up some numbers for targets inside the 5 for the 2016 Giants, and get to the bottom of this.

Edit: Where can I get info like that? Is there a site I need to subscribe to for stats like "every new york giants play in a sortable database?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Haha, I shouldn't have used a qualifying term like "best." Let me see if I can dig up some numbers for targets inside the 5 for the 2016 Giants, and get to the bottom of this.

Edit: Where can I get info like that? Is there a site I need to subscribe to for stats like "every new york giants play in a sortable database?"

I don't know about inside the 5, can get red zone targets by searching for it on Google. Not sure how much to take from that, though, with the addition of Marshall and Vereen (from injury).

• Locked thread