Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PaybackJack posted:

Support wise you're looking for Lunera or saving for Roy later.

For Healing you'll definitely want to get Ayaka.

Why Lunera over Rikku? She seems to be pretty amazing.

What does Ayaka give that Tillith doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

PaybackJack posted:

Noctis is the only unit I feel I'm missing, despite not having Orlandeau or Aileen. People really rag on him here because he's not as OP as he is in JP but they say he's going to get upgraded at some point and even without the extras, he's still a pretty drat helpful unit. I really want his TM as well.

Yea, I am not in it for OP status, I want him because of the pure utility. Hell I wouldn't even use him as a companion unit. I don't have the gear to make him amazing, as most of the gear is on other units, so it is just his kit, and not the status.AOE MP refresh, KO raise, Debuff + strong attack, Warp Break debuff, self HP/MP refresh via a jump...that is like half. I am not even getting a hard-on about his Arena usage either.

I mean that is just some. I wouldn't have gotten past Echidna had a NOT used him more than likely, or I would have had to fumble through with alternating a Setzer and Rikku. Hell the friend unit I used was a goon that hasn't been in game for at least 3 months. I don't even think the attack rating was above 700.

He is my most commonly used friend unit choice because I know his utility, and half the guides you read have him in some where. I'd prefer him over Orlandu, mostly because Orlandu seems too easy button, and you just Divine and done, I would like a little strategy more often or not. Now, if it is something I am completely unprepared for like when I was trying Gilgamesh, sure I'll cheese.

I have also resolved myself to the fact that I won't get him.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Mile'ionaha posted:

Meh. His counters are a source of gems, not damage.

Don't forget SPR, either

Oh right on. I'll probably give the spear I put on him to Gilgamesh instead then.

Here's the party I'm working with right now... Only ones I think I want to actually keep in it are Wilhelm and Gilgamesh, everyone else is just kinda there because :shrug: just don't know who else to put in the party. I dunno if I even have anyone worth swapping in in place of the other three.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Big advantage of a unit like Ayaka or White Lotus Fina is their flexibility. They can do a single rez while heal bombing the party. If someone dies without a self rez on and all you have is a tilith that means someone has to burn a phoenix down to bring them back up while tilith full heals the party or she has to burn a party wide rez if no one is hurt and you dont want to waste a turn on someone else. They also have status effect immunity and higher health totals than tilith.

Ayaka, given the current meta, is actually better than White Lotus Fina, because that reraise spell she has lets her spot self rez an important character like WoL/Mistair/Basch who can be flatten by doing their guards (Specially Mistair since at least one trial has her eat ultimas to avoid a party wipe" while still pumping lots of healing with curada.

Bards and Rikku usually compete against each other in most teams. Usually, when you a bring a bard into your party, you aren't planning on having team wipes. The extra stats you get from their songs usually means you can survive some nasty poo poo that Rikku helps prevent with her aoe reraise. A bard is a better character to bring if you dont have a good buffer in your party and already have a reraiser.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 9, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
still waiting for those ramza enhancements

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

still waiting for those ramza enhancements

If we don't get it before the Aigaion trial, that is going to suuuuuuuuuck.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

If we don't get it before the Aigaion trial, that is going to suuuuuuuuuck.

Be prepared for disappointment. I feel like the GE Zargabaath was intended to fill that role.

If you look at the last 4-5 banners you have all the units they probably feel you should have, if you whaled enough to get them of course.

Tidus for damage, Wilhelm for provoke, Rikku for reraise, Tilith for healing, and Zargabaath for buffing.

Gumi's masterplan is coming together.

BDawg posted:

Lunera post enhancements becomes slightly less effective Ramza and pre-enhancements can sing for HP and MP which isn't bad. She's also a hell of a chainer with her 20 hit skill.

I suggested Ayaka mostly because he didn't menion Tilith in his lineup so I'm guessing he doesn't have her.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

I'll have to report back on my chaining results now that I know this hot tip. I was always trying to get her to hit at the end of everything, not after the max combo.

Feels good, man.

Unless the game's changed, you hit the max multiplier after 10-11 hits in an elemental chain, so the majority of a perfect Orlandu chain is all the same multiplier which is part of what makes him such a crazy good chain unit (aside from the insane damage DR puts out on its own).

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hated Vaan enough before from how own game before I got 5 loving copies of him over the past 3 days, totalling 50% of all my draws since Friday.

2 or 3 of my free pulls have been Vaan as well. I'm happy(?) to know it's not just me.

Drakes posted:

Guranteed 5* on my r33 account was lightning so that bummed me old hard, decided to reroll alittle..

Started with oliver/zarg from first 17 pulls, then saved up for 5k that got noctis, burnt rest of tickets for luneth.

Save for the Veritas banner and if you pull Dark Veritas I'm not sure you'd need to pull for anything (aside from TMs if you felt the need) until White Lotus Fina or the next game breaking GE exclusive(s).

Xenothral posted:

Oh right on. I'll probably give the spear I put on him to Gilgamesh instead then.

Here's the party I'm working with right now... Only ones I think I want to actually keep in it are Wilhelm and Gilgamesh, everyone else is just kinda there because :shrug: just don't know who else to put in the party. I dunno if I even have anyone worth swapping in in place of the other three.

Ashe is fine for now (one of her moves is a decent chain skill and healers your party) but Grace you'll want to replace with a good attacker and Rosa with a good healer eventually. Lasswell might be better than Grace for damage dealing.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Gonna leave my Gilg-trial-solo-Noctis up today and then I'll probably throw up a banner unit. 827 538 035, leave something goony in your message.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
https://my.mixtape.moe/mssxic.webm

:eyepop:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Be prepared for disappointment. I feel like the GE Zargabaath was intended to fill that role.

If you look at the last 4-5 banners you have all the units they probably feel you should have, if you whaled enough to get them of course.

Tidus for damage, Wilhelm for provoke, Rikku for reraise, Tilith for healing, and Zargabaath for buffing.

Gumi's masterplan is coming together.

Yea, Zargabaath did seem like an interim Ramza replacement with how his skills were designed, as well as a bit of a Rikku replacement. I actually like his design, pity I didn't pull him.

I do have Tidus, Rikku, WoL, & Tilith though, so this is mostly just wanting the team to run even smoother with Ramza singing. Gonna need to figure out who's going to MP restore, unless it's just Tidus doing it.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ashe is fine for now (one of her moves is a decent chain skill and healers your party) but Grace you'll want to replace with a good attacker and Rosa with a good healer eventually. Lasswell might be better than Grace for damage dealing.

I just pulled Emperor, and I've got an Exdeath as well now that I'm looking through my units. Not that I don't want to use Lasswell, but if either of them would be better then I may as well use them instead. :v:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Lasswell would be so much better if they made Purple Lightning an ice weapon. His other best option is Fryevia's needle and I can't think of a scenario where you'd use him over her.

Xenothral posted:

Keep Wilhelm and Gilg, level Rain, Fina, and Lasswell and try to complete their trials and you'll have a really solid party.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 9, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Xenothral posted:

Ashe is a good unit, unfortunately her heal + AE dmg skill is her L100 capstone skill. So she's not going to be much of a healer for you for a bit.

You can post your other units if you want suggestions.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hamsystem posted:

Lasswell would be so much better if they made Purple Lightning an ice weapon. His other best option is Fryevia's needle and I can't think of a scenario where you'd use him over her.
You leave your Fryevia unlocked, and feed her to Lasswell for exp.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

jetz0r posted:

You leave your Fryevia unlocked, and feed her to Lasswell for exp.

If I ever quit for good this will be how I seal the deal.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

jetz0r posted:

Ashe is a good unit, unfortunately her heal + AE dmg skill is her L100 capstone skill. So she's not going to be much of a healer for you for a bit.

You can post your other units if you want suggestions.

Looking through these I realised that I have a Chizuru as well.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Kelsus is actually pretty solid, especially if you don't have a ton of TMs. Innate dual wield, easy to awaken, good elemental coverage.

Edit: Just noticed Rikku. She should be a leveling priority.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 9, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Xenothral posted:

You'll want to start working on Ludmille's TM, Dualcast and get further into the story so you unlock Fina as she's going to be your best healer until you pull Refia or the next FF14 raid comes around. Cecil and Snow are also not bad to get good as you could use a cover tank/side healer and a provoke tank.

Your first TM squad should be:

Gilgamesh - Genji Glove
Zidane - Dual Wield
Ludmille - Dual Cast
Cecil - Excalibur
Rikku - Rikku's Pouch

After that you'll want to get Chizuru - Blade Mastery, and Miyuki - Sakurafubuki.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 9, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Xenothral posted:

Looking and thinking about what TMs you might have I think I'd probably roll with Wilhelm, Rikku, Rain, a healer, and either Kelsus or Emperor. Kelsus could probably chain with Rikku a little. Dualcast black mages tend to do more damage until you get the physical TMs grinded out.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The dualcast is primarily for healers, right? My healer is tilith and iirc her spells cannot be dualcast, so im wondering if i should just sit on it for now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Dualcast has kind of lost its value, and it will only continue to go down. It's still a requirement for older healers like Refia, but going forward Healers start to get Innate Dualcast or at least Innate White Magic Dualcast.

Mages, meanwhile, already started getting Dual Black Magic innately for a while and I don't think that changes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Big advantage of a unit like Ayaka or White Lotus Fina is their flexibility. They can do a single rez while heal bombing the party. If someone dies without a self rez on and all you have is a tilith that means someone has to burn a phoenix down to bring them back up while tilith full heals the party or she has to burn a party wide rez if no one is hurt and you dont want to waste a turn on someone else. They also have status effect immunity and higher health totals than tilith.

Ayaka, given the current meta, is actually better than White Lotus Fina, because that reraise spell she has lets her spot self rez an important character like WoL/Mistair/Basch who can be flatten by doing their guards (Specially Mistair since at least one trial has her eat ultimas to avoid a party wipe" while still pumping lots of healing with curada.

Bards and Rikku usually compete against each other in most teams. Usually, when you a bring a bard into your party, you aren't planning on having team wipes. The extra stats you get from their songs usually means you can survive some nasty poo poo that Rikku helps prevent with her aoe reraise. A bard is a better character to bring if you dont have a good buffer in your party and already have a reraiser.

Where does Rem fit in here in your opinion?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Where does Rem fit in here in your opinion?

Outside of an ABILITY reraise she doesn't have a whole lot going for her even with her global improvements. I'd put her lower below Yuna/Eiko/Garnet in terms of hybrid support/damage/healing units. Yuna/Eiko/Garnet can finish harder than her because Yuna has access to her summon bar abilities while Eiko and Garnet are summoners that can use Bahamut for insane finishers, much stronger than Rems pseudo ajas or boomerangs, without requiring the sort of prep Rem needs. Rem has weaker rezzes than Garnet and Eiko, she doesn't have the ability to strip buffs or debuffs like Eiko, she doesn't have the ability to reduce elemental damage like Yuna.

She has the reraise going for her that sets her apart from them and I dont think its enough since it locks her into that act for that turn.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AegisP posted:

Dualcast has kind of lost its value, and it will only continue to go down. It's still a requirement for older healers like Refia, but going forward Healers start to get Innate Dualcast or at least Innate White Magic Dualcast.

Mages, meanwhile, already started getting Dual Black Magic innately for a while and I don't think that changes.

Some like Ashe don't get it.

Also managed to max out Orlandeau and Fryevia this weekend, awoke Rikku to 6*, and now working on her and 5* Ashe.

How to gear up Fryevia? Pure ATK, pure MAG, or try to find some split between the two, and what Esper for her? She's got the Enhancer at least.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gonna say, expeditions might be a silly waste of time to set up every few hours but if they keep the rates as they are its essentially another free ticket and 5% moogle every week.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

How to gear up Fryevia? Pure ATK, pure MAG, or try to find some split between the two, and what Esper for her? She's got the Enhancer at least.

MAG MAG MAG

Ramuh will be your primary friend, but any esper that gives killer effects. Right now my Fryevia is on Odin for Dragon Killer for the FFXII bonus event.

Optimal weaponry is dual wielding x2 TMR Needle*, but most often you will see Enhancer + TMR Needle

So far no one suggests using her Atk/Mag passive boost wielding a single sword.

*I am not including Rod Mastery and Emperor's TMR

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

MAG MAG MAG

Ramuh will be your primary friend, but any esper that gives killer effects. Right now my Fryevia is on Odin for Dragon Killer for the FFXII bonus event.

Optimal weaponry is dual wielding x2 TMR Needle*, but most often you will see Enhancer + TMR Needle

Letters and Arms x4 if you don't have better options.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
So, I'm looking at the fan-designed character Circe, which was presented as the first contest winner at the French Fanfest. Her limit burst guarantees random chance abilities always use their most potent attack.

In other words, this means that Circe can guarantee Setzer's 666666 attacks on Double Dice+2 and Ace's 1200% multiplier on Tri-Beam Laser+2. :v:

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 10, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Is her TMR called Papa Emeritus?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

hagie posted:

MAG MAG MAG

Yeah, even though her MAG stat drops compared to single wielding the Needle, Needle+Enhancer just ends up doing a ton more damage and is very much worth it.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Outside of an ABILITY reraise she doesn't have a whole lot going for her even with her global improvements. I'd put her lower below Yuna/Eiko/Garnet in terms of hybrid support/damage/healing units. Yuna/Eiko/Garnet can finish harder than her because Yuna has access to her summon bar abilities while Eiko and Garnet are summoners that can use Bahamut for insane finishers, much stronger than Rems pseudo ajas or boomerangs, without requiring the sort of prep Rem needs. Rem has weaker rezzes than Garnet and Eiko, she doesn't have the ability to strip buffs or debuffs like Eiko, she doesn't have the ability to reduce elemental damage like Yuna.

She has the reraise going for her that sets her apart from them and I dont think its enough since it locks her into that act for that turn.
Global Rem is a beast though. I can't say much to the units we'll be getting in the future but her daggerangs stack up to a high modifier, can be DW'd, can take on the elements of your weapon and are affected by killer passives.

In our current meta she's easily the best finisher if not one of the top three and offers a lot of utility on top of that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I got Wol, Rikku, Ramza (wheres his loving enhancements already),Orlandeau and Noctis. Im pretty much set for content stuff.

Just want the SD3 Collab and for Rydia to get a 6* upgrade and hope it doesnt suck, and ill be happy 100%.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 10, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Finished one of my Shine TM's yesterday, other one was at 95.3%, I was gonna be out all day so I left my lapis-refresh tmr macro running. I come home 11 hours later, and Shine has gone from 95.3 to 96.7, yay. Chorizo went from 23% to almost 53.4% though :v:

fake edit: last ditch pulls with a few tickets to see if my sometimes amazing luck kicks in and I get Tidus: Two golds in a row, Amelia (Olive gets a new dress!) and... Beach Fina? I thought the summer skins were like, a one week only thing? Cool, I guess. Also, Wakka number 6? 7? Something like that.

double fake edit: 3 golds in a row: Amelia #2! But I don't dare combine them because what if Balthier comes out soon. Whatever, good problem to have.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that two amelia are actually pretty good in the arena for chaining and breaking or something? i dont know, i loving hate arena and i dont really know why. weeks like this without black magic i often struggle to make myself do my five fights in a day for the 40 lapis

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Arena is dicks because its pretty much all RNG on who wins when you reach a certain point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shoenin posted:

Arena is dicks because its pretty much all RNG on who wins when you reach a certain point.

For like two days I was just wrecking this guy in one turn. It was a super easy match every time. Today, I fight him same as ever. His team had not changed at all. This time the AI lucked out and petrified everyone on my team not immune to it and then one because no one could un-petrify.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Yeah, even though her MAG stat drops compared to single wielding the Needle, Needle+Enhancer just ends up doing a ton more damage and is very much worth it.

I'm not disagreeing as she is my only showcase unit, just making sure it's pointed out considering it seems counter intuitive considering her passive

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It's really annoying that the Ffbe event had such a high drop rate, where you would regularly see metal God's, and frequently 2 or 3 at a time, then we went back to the poo poo income of all the previous events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have really a single Dual Wield in the works, and I'm going to assume Orlandeau has dibs on that.

• Locked thread