Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
What is in the armor coffers you now get as a reward for the DRK 50, MCH 50 and AST 50 quests? I did all the 50 quests before SB came out, so I'll never find out for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Solitair posted:

What is in the armor coffers you now get as a reward for the DRK 50, MCH 50 and AST 50 quests? I did all the 50 quests before SB came out, so I'll never find out for myself.

If I had to guess, based on Red Mage and Samurai coffers, you probably get upgraded soldiery weapons and a few bits of armor.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Solitair posted:

do you mean 50, or 60? they give the af1 and 2 sets, iirc.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was me and i don't spam doom spike because it's boring as hell and i'd rather enjoy my game than optimize dps on darkhold trash pulls, especially when the only non-crystal double-pull that happened was an accident.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

hobbesmaster posted:

SMN is far behind BLM which is far behind RDM in the current EX primals at all skill levels. Just look at fflogs. https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/15#bracket=1

On the absolute best parses SMN is 10% below RDM. That ratio maintains itself as you go down the percentiles.

We need to see what balance changes they make in 4.05. RDM has the best utility and the best DPS right now amongst the casters so hopefully that means that they'll do something.

Could possibly be having a similar problem some specs in WoW have where their damage is perfectly fine and competitive, i.e. Frost Mage but Fire Mage does slightly more damage so all the top players play that to min/max.
Then the general population follows along so they can do the big numbers too and only the people who are left playing are the ones who don't care about min/max'ing on damage thus giving lower parses.

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 9, 2017

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do you mean 50, or 60? they give the af1 and 2 sets, iirc.

The question was about jobs introduced in HW--i.e. ones WITHOUT a myth tomestone set.

(The answer, for the record, is i90 crafted and the myth belt)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

FillInTheBlank posted:

Could possibly be having a similar problem some specs in WoW have where their damage is perfectly fine and competitive, i.e. Frost Mage but Fire Mage does slightly more damage so all the top players play that to min/max.
Then the general population follows along so they can do the big numbers too and only the people who are left playing are the ones who don't care about min/max'ing on damage thus giving lower parses.

fwiw i don't think frost mage was generally very close to fire mage, and most of the frost mage toolkit was pvp-oriented. now, in legion, frost actually does way better dps than fire mages, and they are VERY mad about it.

Mister Olympus posted:

The question was about jobs introduced in HW--i.e. ones WITHOUT a myth tomestone set.

(The answer, for the record, is i90 crafted and the myth belt)

oh, right. i just saw that they gave a *job name*'s coffer and assumed it would have followed everything else, but forgot they don't actually have af1 gear.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FillInTheBlank posted:

Sure but on the drop down you can select "max" to show the best parse recorded for each class or just go up to 95th or 99th percentiles to see what the maximum potential of each class is with current gear sets and knowledge.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

well, you see, if i aoe, i'm pushing one button over and over, but if i single target i am pressing three, a nearly threefold increase in my fun per gcd

Maybe you should play Samurai friend.

Or stop being bad and lazy you turd waffle.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Maybe you should play Samurai friend.

Or stop being bad and lazy you turd waffle.

samurai dps is very fun, and good, a statement i wish i could make about level 46 dragoon

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Augus posted:

yes it's lldr, the thing where you're replaying old content and don't want to take an hour for one run.
if you don't give a gently caress then you shouldnt give a gently caress if you get kicked for being a loving godawful DPS.
doing a single-target rotation on 6+ mobs is so goddamn stupid, you might as well just be mashing full thrust and nothing else.

Lol holy moly 😂

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I need a giant “u don’t pay my sub” macro. tia

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 9, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yinlock you're so hosed

https://twitter.com/teasri/status/884124719791960064

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What determines PvP duty giving poetics as rewards? Activity or something like that?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine being so rich that you could have a stack of game time codes to send to people who say that

Jimbot posted:

What determines PvP duty giving poetics as rewards? Activity or something like that?

Level? You should get Poe for being less than 70 and Verity for being 70. I don't think there's any sort of condition to it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

but is it worse than the bubble in kugane this is important

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Jimbot posted:

Any job above 49 but below 70 will get poetics, anything at 70 gets verity. For frontlines the job you are at the end of the match is what determines what rewards you get.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Truga posted:

I got the SCH book from Susan this morning, and it's all wrong!

gaining power by looking at calligraphy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I need a giant “u don’t pay my sub” macro. tia

/votekick <me>

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

UHD posted:

but is it worse than the bubble in kugane this is important

oops

have this:

https://twitter.com/fireh9lly/status/883424345909075969

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I have warrior at 52, gladiator at 22, and I've never even unlocked dark knight.

Between Dark Knight and Warrior, which tank should I level?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mordiceius posted:

I have warrior at 52, gladiator at 22, and I've never even unlocked dark knight.

Dark Knight is both fun to play and has the best job story.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you didn't play old drk, new drk is probably the most enjoyable of the tanks, especially in a toss-up with warrior.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

hobbesmaster posted:

Sure but on the drop down you can select "max" to show the best parse recorded for each class or just go up to 95th or 99th percentiles to see what the maximum potential of each class is with current gear sets and knowledge.

The 99th percentile of the spec that all the actually-good people play is going to be higher than the 99th percentile of the spec that all the random goobers who are just playing for fun play. Looking at the 99th percentile in this situation is essentially asking what the very best of the min-maxers can do vs. the very best of the mediocre fun-havers can do.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you didn't play old drk, new drk is probably the most enjoyable of the tanks, especially in a toss-up with warrior.

I've never actually even proper tanked with warrior so I'm not even aware of what I'm missing. I figure I'll pick up DRK because at this point, I'd have to completely relearn warrior since it's been sitting there for a year and I've forgotten everything. Might as well just learn a new class.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I want to sympathize but it's really hard to because this is a video game.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The kotaku article painting two people with loads of free time as rich and uncaring elites is probably the best part.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

UHD posted:

I want to sympathize but it's really hard to because this is a video game.

Yeah man video games don't exist

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people get hung up a lot on housing being glamour but it also allows you a ton of qol features and a pretty much infinite license to print gil in the form of gardening, especially if you're not in a collection of free companies the size of an low-pop mmo.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I've been noticing more and more overlap between this thread and various Tormp Threds and I adore it

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The Grimace posted:

I'm selling these fine leather jackets...

Haha, he even says that living with pirates taught him to sell leather jackets afterwards. This drat game, it knows me too well. :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hi FFXIV goons.

Like a total rear end in a top hat I mashed buy hoping to upgrade my steam copy of the vanilla game without reading the whole GMG page, so I have an EU Stormblood key that I paid £22.49 for that I'm willing to part with for like £15 to soothe my retarded account balance if anyone needs it or knows someone who does. PM me!

Edit: and sold!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 9, 2017

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

samurai dps is very fun, and good, a statement i wish i could make about level 46 dragoon

I wish DRG got better. I really do.

So I gave up on my DRG at 70 because DPS sucks even when you're good, and the rotation is the exact opposite of fun, the AOE is boring and doesn't even play into their new SB gimmick. I'm working on BLM now. How am I supposed to work T2/4 into aoe rotation? I used to do fire 2 fire 2 flare transpose fire 3 repeat. I tried putting a t2 in umbral before fire 3, but it lowers my MP enough that I then can't do two fire 2's. It works fine if I get a proc so it's free by getting thunder 2 up on my initial burn through my MP, but I don't always get a proc or a proc when I want it. Any suggestions? Or maybe everything changes big when I get Umbral hearts or whatever and I should wait until then to think about how to use thunder?

ruta fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 9, 2017

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

something i have learned playing dps is that a lot of people are godawful at dpsing.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was me and i don't spam doom spike because it's boring as hell and i'd rather enjoy my game than optimize dps on darkhold trash pulls, especially when the only non-crystal double-pull that happened was an accident.
:ironicat:

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
gently caress if I had the gil i'd buy all the houses and have my own ward

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Pikavangelist posted:

Stop rewarding tanks/healers! We all put in the same effort.

This applies mostly to tanks, but on occasion healers.
Some of us generally dislike the way tank and healer roles play. I dont think its fair to constantly reward those roles with bonus items (ie: cracked clusters, mounts, gil,etc.)

They already have various rewards at their disposal. They do not need MORE. If anything, DPS deserve MORE. We're the ones that have to sit through outrageously long queue times and we put in the exact same amount of time and effort (if not more) than any other role in the duty.

In the interest of fairness, start making some rewards for DPS or stop doing this.

(To the posters after me, flame away, I'll not be reading the remainder of this thread as it is personal feedback and my piece has been said.)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think removing dots on combo classes sort of made sense, because a lot of melees just didn't use them or wouldn't fit them into the right places, but on classes that had most of their damage come from dots, who wasn't managing them? how many summoners weren't managing their dots when it was the entire point of the class?

I speculate that their goal was to move the summoner class away from dot management as an intentional move and give it a demi-egi to make it feel more like a summoner and less like a warlock.

If this was the intent then they should've gone whole hog and have a rotating selection of demi-summons like how bard works with its songs. Except not crappy and unresponsive like Demi-Bahamut.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

hobbesmaster posted:

SMN is far behind BLM which is far behind RDM in the current EX primals at all skill levels. Just look at fflogs. https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/15#bracket=1

On the absolute best parses SMN is 10% below RDM. That ratio maintains itself as you go down the percentiles.

We need to see what balance changes they make in 4.05. RDM has the best utility and the best DPS right now amongst the casters so hopefully that means that they'll do something.

I thought people were estimating RDM as middle of the pack in terms of DPS? Is it just that all the other casters actually ended up lower?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

I thought people were estimating RDM as middle of the pack in terms of DPS? Is it just that all the other casters actually ended up lower?

Red mage is very easy to maintain good DPS no matter what you are doing, tonnes of instant casts to handle movement and a clear simple way of handling things that isn't messed up by boss invulns like say SMN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Mordiceius posted:

Paladin