Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

a cartoon duck posted:

I dunno, I feel if there was any point to the Future Trunks arc it's there's no backsies to Zeno just erasing universes.

Except traveling back in time I guess so it's up to Bulma to save the day again.

Finally, the arc we've been waiting for. Goku vs. Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

If they get erased then you know everyone who is erased is coming back.

I'd be mad at them for toying with my feelings

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this is dragon ball, idk what you're expecting when someone dies here

unless they're from future trunks' universe or a bad guy, they'll be fine. even bad guys are up in the air; freeza's come back after everyone thought they were done with him like 3 times now

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I wonder if the Future Zen-oh messing up his hand is causing everyone to get teleported, instead of erased. If they both raise their right hand, erasure, but with Future Zen-oh raising his left hand it causes the universe to get moved somewhere. Whis might not be lying when he said that U9 is definitely gone, but that's because it isn't where it used to be? Immediate erasure is still cool as hell.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crosspeice posted:

I wonder if the Future Zen-oh messing up his hand is causing everyone to get teleported, instead of erased. If they both raise their right hand, erasure, but with Future Zen-oh raising his left hand it causes the universe to get moved somewhere. Whis might not be lying when he said that U9 is definitely gone, but that's because it isn't where it used to be? Immediate erasure is still cool as hell.

Where are universes located? The metaverse?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The arc is going to end with Angel Dad going "it's just a prank bruh" and the tournament is revealed to be a GodTube prank video

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't it said in an earlier ep that transforming back and forth between SSB wastes a ton of energy or something? (it's why Vegeta lost to Hit instantly)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

this is dragon ball, idk what you're expecting when someone dies here

unless they're from future trunks' universe or a bad guy, they'll be fine. even bad guys are up in the air; freeza's come back after everyone thought they were done with him like 3 times now

They keep making a big deal about how being erased means there's not even enough left of you to go the afterlife, it does kinda feel like something explicitly written to avoid the whole "death means nothing" pitfall of Dragon Ball. Of course this being Dragon Ball maybe Super Shenron can undo even that but they definitely want us to believe erasure is pretty final.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Wasn't it said in an earlier ep that transforming back and forth between SSB wastes a ton of energy or something? (it's why Vegeta lost to Hit instantly)

That's how the manga handled it, in the anime I guess the idea is that it's just maintaining SSB that drains energy quickly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

That is manga only. In the anime it just drains stamina. And using it for short bursts in the early stages seems to have no ill effect.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
SSB in the Manga is 'you get really strong right when you use it for like 5 seconds, then you drop down to a level that is just 'generally strong', which is super draining on your stamina and energy'.

Vegeta's bullshit is 'I constantly transform into SSB for an instant, which gives me the instant burst of power, then I turn it off before it starts draining me' or something like that.

SSB in the anime is just 'this form is tiring to maintain for long periods of time' which is pretty reasonable all things considered.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Don't try to make sense of that because come the Jiren fight Goku and Vegeta will have no problem maintaining blue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

french goku

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Don't try to make sense of that because come the Jiren fight Goku and Vegeta will have no problem maintaining blue.

They literally said, while sitting on the bench, that they were pacing themselves.

So yes. He won't have a problem maintaining blue.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They couldn't go SSB anymore in the Zamasu arc right before Rage Trunks and then again after Fusion Zamasu because of too much usage probably

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I want to see the Pride Troopers react to Freeza. They despise evil but Freeza is the most evil being there is. I bet Goku will try to pick a fight with Toppo and Toppo will be like "No, I have bigger fish to fry" and attack Freeza. Freeza of course will beat him, prompting Jiren to step in. Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza team up against Jiren.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ekusukariba posted:

The arc is going to end with Angel Dad going "it's just a prank bruh" and the tournament is revealed to be a GodTube prank video

UNIVERSE DESTROYED!? FUNNY PRANK

Uploaded by xXangeldadXx

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TrilliontonNixon posted:

UNIVERSE DESTROYED!? FUNNY PRANK

Uploaded by xXangeldadXx

Not clickbaity enough. Try "OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO UNIVERSE 9 IN THIS PRANK"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Next Arc is actually the Grand Priest having to deal with Universal Child Custody on if he is abusing his children and if they should take away Zenos from him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

lezard_valeth posted:

Not clickbaity enough. Try "OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO UNIVERSE 9 IN THIS PRANK"

UNIVERSE PRANK GONE WRONG?!? [GOD OF DESTRUCTION SHITS HIS PANTS] (NEW SERIES)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rutibex posted:

Where are universes located? The metaverse?

I've been referring to it as the "Oververse" in Parallels, but that's just me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Multiverse. :P

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well, gently caress, they're dead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

They keep making a big deal about how being erased means there's not even enough left of you to go the afterlife, it does kinda feel like something explicitly written to avoid the whole "death means nothing" pitfall of Dragon Ball. Of course this being Dragon Ball maybe Super Shenron can undo even that but they definitely want us to believe erasure is pretty final.

remember when the dragon balls could only bring you back once and if you died again it was forever?

good times

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Fuego Fish posted:

I've been referring to it as the "Oververse" in Parallels, but that's just me.

I was gonna ask if you statted up Universe 9, but it's a moot point now.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

It's just a picture of a trash can. On fire.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Youtube comment sections right now are full of people commenting "Look guys I have an interesting theory I think that the angels might be planning to overthrow Zen'o cause the U9 angel was smiling when U9 got deleted and Daishinkan was smiling too, I think they are plotting something. This is my theory, do not steal".

I wonder how they will react when the Tournament ends and it turns out it was just a Tournament.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Tournament ends and Goku uses the winning wish to restore all the erased universes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The end of this arc is gonna be weird becuase no matter what, unless it's addressed, there's always going to be a duo of tiny gods that can wipe out your existence at any moment. How do you live with that knowledge?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

Tournament ends and Goku uses the winning wish to restore all the erased universes.

Tournament ends, and now that Goku has beat up every strong guy in existence he wishes for a stronger opponent.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Electric Phantasm posted:

The end of this arc is gonna be weird becuase no matter what, unless it's addressed, there's always going to be a duo of tiny gods that can wipe out your existence at any moment. How do you live with that knowledge?

This is Dragonball, that roughly accounts for pretty much half of the characters. Two more isn't going to mean poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

David D. Davidson posted:

This is Dragonball, that roughly accounts for pretty much half of the characters. Two more isn't going to mean poo poo.

I always wondered, how does Chi Chi deal with raising a kid with the power to disintegrate the Earth if he has a temper tantrum? She must have Piccolo on speed dial for emergencies or something.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rutibex posted:

I always wondered, how does Chi Chi deal with raising a kid with the power to disintegrate the Earth if he has a temper tantrum? She must have Piccolo on speed dial for emergencies or something.

Her husband is even stronger (most of the time) and she can keep him in-line too. Chi-chi does not give a gently caress about power levels.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Chi-Chi was smart enough to instill fear in her family prior to them becoming world ending threats.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

I'm not sure why you think Piccolo can stop Goku if it comes down to that :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're all pure of heart and would not have temper tantrums unless some guy threw an android's severed head at them. in saiyan culture, that's considered a dick move

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

just waiting for the tournament to end and everyone's like "well goku i guess you fought all the strong dudes" and goku's like "aaaw..." and super dejected and then suddenly Zen-Os from other time lines appear and are like "dude that was awesome let's have a full on alternate timeline multiversal tournament of power" and everyone is like "NOOOOOOO" except for goku who has full on lost all control of his bodily functions in joy and is just foaming at the mouth on the floor

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Both of the new timeline's Trunkses are involved and somehow lose even more things they care about.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
These shifty smirks at the end of the episode got me rethinking about the toys Grand Priest gave the Zeno-chan's previously. Dude is the most casual monster.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Raxivace posted:

The Multiverse. :P

The Multiverse is the collective term for all twelve universes, the Oververse is for all those areas outside that, like Zen's palace, the World of Void (where the tournament is being held) and etc.

HitTheTargets posted:

I actually haven't done much of anything with the other universes besides noting that they exist, probably because they're so loosely defined right now that there really isn't much to say. "Universe 9 is full of animal-people and is apparently a trash pile."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fuego Fish posted:

The Multiverse is the collective term for all twelve universes, the Oververse is for all those areas outside that, like Zen's palace, the World of Void (where the tournament is being held) and etc.

I actually haven't done much of anything with the other universes besides noting that they exist, probably because they're so loosely defined right now that there really isn't much to say. "Universe 9 was full of animal-people and was apparently a trash pile."

• Locked thread