Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

Do you want to be stepped on by scary women? That's really the question that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Snot of despair is good, even if it looks like a leaky water faucet is stuck in Sumeragi's face.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New Professor Layton game looks pretty hardcore

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever found a show as viscerally repulsive as this one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever found a show as viscerally repulsive as this one.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
princess principal owns

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

it's so good my heart's been missing a show like this since prison school finished airing

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched about a minute of it and that was plenty lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's pretty great, but I'm not sure if I would rate it as highly in the gross-out masterpiece that is Prison School.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

But such is the true nature of humanity.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Homura and Sickle posted:

princess principal owns

Owns from start to finish. So good.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The mc of kakegurui is like the alucard of gambling, is the basic gist. I'm waiting for the gambling stakes to amp up once introductions and setup are out of the way, but so far it's a good time for silly faces.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

The mc of kakegurui is like the alucard of gambling, is the basic gist. I'm waiting for the gambling stakes to amp up once introductions and setup are out of the way, but so far it's a good time for silly faces.
Color scheme, awesome voice and predisposal to leave opening for enemies to have some catharsis. Checks out!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haikyuu :bustem:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Stream 2 - Sunday, July 9th 3PM CDT
Tsurezure Children
NTR
Ballroom e Youkoso
Centaur's Worries
Isekai Restuarant
Made in Abyss
Vatican Miracle Examiner
Youkai Apartment
Hitorijime My Hero

happening soon https://cytu.be/r/wanwanime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did Centaurs Worries get picked up for streaming?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Did Centaurs Worries get picked up for streaming?

crunchyroll

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://u.nya.is/kdsqsf.webm

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'd be real worried if Crunchy couldn't get that one, lol. They're on the production committee.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

Don't watch this with Headphones on.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wark Say posted:

:stare:

Don't watch this with Headphones on.

https://twitter.com/Magryllia/status/881829078839435264

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

Don't watch this

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Knight's & Magic is great because for some reason they decided to use Finnish words for a whole bunch of names so the capital's name literally translates to "hangover" among other things.

Edit: Crunchyroll translation.

PS1 Hagrid fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 9, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/884188592448430084

im glad anime streaming has become just successful enough to become terrible

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread for Project Altair added to OP

quote:

Project Altair (Shoukoku no Altair)
MAPPA | Furuhashi, Kazuhiro | Takagi, Noboru | Manga | Adventure, Historical, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen | July 8, 2017
Tughril Mahmut is a young pasha serving on the Divan of the Türkiye Stratocracy. The clouds of war are gathering over his country due to the threat of an aggressive Empire. With the Divan split between warmongers and the pacifists, Mahmut begins his quest to keep the peace at any cost. As he finds himself deeper and deeper in the politics of the ancient world, new enemies and allies surface. Who will prevail? What will Mahmut do if war proves to be inevitable?
Thread

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Color scheme, awesome voice and predisposal to leave opening for enemies to have some catharsis. Checks out!

It's funny, the above gif from the show just happens to be from the part where she starts screaming at her second major adversary to "Hayaku! HAYAKU! Won't keeping our insane battle going be so tanoshiiii? HAYAKU!!", which has only cemented that impression for me.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/884188592448430084

im glad anime streaming has become just successful enough to become terrible

does this apply to the free sign up too?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits was a very fun surprise. It's about some goofy girls reenacting their favorite sentai shows and it is absolutely hilarious.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

It's funny, the above gif from the show just happens to be from the part where she starts screaming at her second major adversary to "Hayaku! HAYAKU! Won't keeping our insane battle going be so tanoshiiii? HAYAKU!!", which has only cemented that impression for me.
Yes, it was quite rad. She's the whole package, that Yumeko. :blush:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Centaur's Worries first ep had kinda bleh animation, or rather it had a few instances of quite nice animation and then more instances of bad animation, and the former kind of made the latter stand out extra hard. For an adaption it was pretty straight-forward which is both good and bad, doesn't seem like it'll mess up anything but the source material could have used something with a little more style. Granted the first two chapters of the manga aren't exactly amazing works of art in the first place so the cutesy opening parts and such can't be blamed on the anime. But I was kinda disappointed that the opening was only 10% badass monster history and 90% schlocky run-of-the-mill cute girls show. Guess I kinda feel like the show overemphasized a 'cute' aesthetic, which I didn't feel the manga did, but maybe I'm just mostly remembering the latter chapters. I thought it was okay, definitely have hopes that the show will improve though.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

I'm dyin'

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched both eps of fate/apocrypha and outside of a bit of exposition in episode 1 it's a lot of fun so far

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I didn't think I'd be hooked by the ballroom dancing anime, but man if it's not giving me the exact same feeling off the bat as Chihayafuru / Yowamushi Pedal: great animation style, good timing, and excitement for the unexpected about a thing I know almost nothing about. If it stays like this I'm probably in for the whole season.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 10, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mo_Steel posted:

I didn't think I'd be hooked by the ballroom dancing anime, but man if it's not giving me the exact same feeling off the bat as Chihayafuru / Yowamushi Pedal: great animation style, good timing, and excitement for the unexpected about a thing I know almost nothing about. If it stays like this I'm probably in for the whole season.

Hey, try Haikyuu if you haven't! It's made by the same folks as Ballroom anime and has a very similar feel - and is really good!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, try Haikyuu if you haven't! It's made by the same folks as Ballroom anime and has a very similar feel - and is really good!
Space Jam is the only basketball film I will ever see.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Haikyuu is volleyball, so you're good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's also not a film

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
homeboy tripped over every part of that post fuckin lmaooo

also god gently caress i want haikyuu season 4

glad kakegurui is still great, haven't watched ep. 2 yet

Adbot