Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I completely forgot I dumped a hundo into this game a while ago.

My condolences, come play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Okay.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
auth me but change my name to girlkisser69

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If you need auths pm me.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

forge posted:

If you need auths pm me.

Sent you a PM through Discord.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
game is actually good this reset, looks like korn and whoever finally decided that pvp is good in a pvp game

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I titled this ironic.jpg

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I can't wait for one last go at this great and amazing killbox I pmd forge

iluv
Dec 4, 2006

cutthroats 9
ivorymagi in discord, need auth

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Jon Von Anchovi in discord auth please

edit:

forge posted:

If you need auths pm me.

did the thing

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 9, 2017

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Everyone who pmed me has been authed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Amalenczak in Discord, auth please.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Amalenczak in Discord, auth please.

Done. Praise Archersnon - if you have questions we have resources in the discord channels. If you can't sift through the everlasting stream of detritus hop in mumble and ask questions!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Done. Praise Archersnon - if you have questions we have resources in the discord channels. If you can't sift through the everlasting stream of detritus hop in mumble and ask questions!

Q: what's a skeltal?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Q: what's a skeltal?

A skeltal was something in betas past that you had to grind 10 million of.

Now you only grind 1 million.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Should I come back and play this game? I left out the "bad" part, since I have no idea if it's still a bad game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

PsychicToaster posted:

Should I come back and play this game? I left out the "bad" part, since I have no idea if it's still a bad game.

im going to play it guaranteed*

*for like four days maybe

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I feel like that may be precisely what happens with me. If they didn't unfuck the interminable grind, I'll give up pretty fast.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hi PsychicToaster!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

PsychicToaster posted:

I feel like that may be precisely what happens with me. If they didn't unfuck the interminable grind, I'll give up pretty fast.

I derped to t7 in a few days as a tank, its not so bad. On release you will have to fight other players harder for that fame, but it's actually not a kill your self grind anymore.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Heya Charles! And Dodgin! Been a long time. I'm debating coming back into this. It was fun for what it was way back when, but the direction the game went in drove me over the hills and far away. If the things I hated were addressed, I'll at least go kill some mans with ya'll for awhile.

Anything to break my RimWorld addiction I suppose...

PsychicToaster fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 9, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

PsychicToaster posted:

Heya Charles! And Dodgin! Been a long time. I'm debating coming back into this. It was fun for what it was way back when, but the direction the game went in drove me over the hills and far away. If the things I hated were addressed, I'll at least go kill some mans with ya'll for awhile.

Anything to break my RimWorld addiction I suppose...

Much has changed for the better, if you have specific questions hop in Discord and I'll get you authed and you can poke me there or in mumble - I'm usually on. Also would like to catch up - it has been a minute

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

Much has changed for the better, if you have specific questions hop in Discord and I'll get you authed and you can poke me there or in mumble - I'm usually on. Also would like to catch up - it has been a minute

Sure thing. I'll pop on in a few hours.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
PT can't wait to do some grinding with you again. Groups are to quiet otherwise.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

PT can't wait to do some grinding with you again. Groups are to quiet otherwise.

Bahaha. I try to keep things interesting/talk until everyone is royally tired of my poo poo.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
so thats 4 members of my gvg team, is the band getting back together?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Si really stepped up today and for the first time I liked a Korn post.

These are strange times

strange times indeed.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Q: why are the skins in the new starter packs cooler than the poo poo I paid for 2 years ago?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Q: why are the skins in the new starter packs cooler than the poo poo I paid for 2 years ago?

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/55782-Our-Apologies-Starter-Packs-Founder-Packs/

noice

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The most amazing thing is it didn't take people arguing for 3 weeks to get them to come around to there being another view. Things have been changing for a while now with the reality of release. Problem resolved in like 30 minutes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I remember when I played way back when there was a really good guide on exactly what to do/gather/kill for the first bit of the game. Does something like that exist for the launch client?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Legitimately looking forward to doing this again, even if only in the evenings.

Not taking the 17th off, but still!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

forge posted:

so thats 4 members of my gvg team, is the band getting back together?

I hope so, play a few small gigs. Going to start loading the van.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

fadam posted:

I remember when I played way back when there was a really good guide on exactly what to do/gather/kill for the first bit of the game. Does something like that exist for the launch client?

Found this which seems reasonable for your first couple hours to get started:

https://albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/guides/view/1659

It takes advantage of Expeditions which are super easy pve solo and group content in instanced dungeons.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Numinous posted:

Found this which seems reasonable for your first couple hours to get started:

https://albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/guides/view/1659

It takes advantage of Expeditions which are super easy pve solo and group content in instanced dungeons.

Thanks lad.

I find that without structure I get lost and confused and angry and lose motivation very quicky. Is there a good build you guys would recommend following to create a strong PvP character? I don't really care what class or mechanics or anything like that, I just want something I can keep open on my second monitor and follow along to as I play.

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 10, 2017

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Bumping for Discord auth.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
How many people does it look like we're going to have for launch week?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Over 100 have filled out the form, and half the people I've seen requesting an auth or posting have yet to do so.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So how much is forge lying about them backing down on the retarded grind and PvP decisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

So how much is forge lying about them backing down on the retarded grind and PvP decisions?

I mean if you read the thread...

Casually playing, you can easily reach t5 first week, which is comparable with most mmo leveling curves.