Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

let's say I don't watch a lot of wrestling but I have the NJPW G1 two night show, and I know I will not watch all of it because that is Too Much Wrestling. What are the 5-6 best matches over the two nights that I should watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just watch the tourney and skip page vs lethal that's 6 matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Gonna agree with this. You're also getting the best main event of the tour

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'd sub in Okada/Cody for Juice/ZSJ as well

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

exploded mummy posted:

I'd sub in Okada/Cody for Juice/ZSJ as well

Juice/ZSJ helps set up a spot for a later match though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also its a good match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

so if PWTees has poo poo quality shirts, wheres my best option for getting a sized-up legit japanese shirt? i think my work computer has a site bookmarked that will supposedly get me stuff from japanese retailers but I've never used it and there's probably a 60% chance it will actually just steal my identity / credit card info and ruin my life

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This happened like a 5 minute walk from my house. It's very good.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

so if PWTees has poo poo quality shirts, wheres my best option for getting a sized-up legit japanese shirt? i think my work computer has a site bookmarked that will supposedly get me stuff from japanese retailers but I've never used it and there's probably a 60% chance it will actually just steal my identity / credit card info and ruin my life

Tenso.com is an intermediary that is endorsed by the NJPW website for overseas shoppers. Tenso will give you a Japanese address (their warehouse) to use. You buy the items directly from shop.njpw.co.jp with your credit card, providing the address Tenso gives you. Once it arrives at the warehouse Tenso will e-mail you to let you know and then you pay them to get it mailed to your location. You can even pay via PayPal.

I've used them several times, no complaints and it's a relatively quick process. The only inconvenience is that when you register with them you have to send them a copy of photo ID verifying your address. I assume it's some kind of international shipping security thing they have to comply with. Your first order has to be sent to the address on the ID you provide but after your first successful order you can freely change the address associated with your account.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drone confirmed better than AXS camera crew

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I really wanted a NJPW shirt but like hell I'll ever give PWT money

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

For whatever it's worth on the PWT/Hot Topic shirts, my understanding is that they're a soft style tee and actually screen printed, versus the normal print-on-demand style. Could turn out OK? Not sure if anyone has the Hot Topic shirts to date to comment.

That said, Amazon.co.jp has NJPW merch, and I've ordered DVDs from there in the past, so this could be a decent option too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn that's good

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/884269107893293056

Bucks/Taguchi Japan and War Machine/Cody & Page announced for the G1 Finals.

also this is on one of the shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 10, 2017

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Wait like.... 4 weeks for merch buying friendos and I can give you the hookup on a few things BC/Lion Mark related :ssh:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The Bullet Club hoody I got from PWT is extremely comfy and soft and the only real draw back is that it says, "BONE SOLDIER" above the logo on the back

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

just rust posted:

Tenso.com is an intermediary that is endorsed by the NJPW website for overseas shoppers. Tenso will give you a Japanese address (their warehouse) to use. You buy the items directly from shop.njpw.co.jp with your credit card, providing the address Tenso gives you. Once it arrives at the warehouse Tenso will e-mail you to let you know and then you pay them to get it mailed to your location. You can even pay via PayPal.

I've used them several times, no complaints and it's a relatively quick process. The only inconvenience is that when you register with them you have to send them a copy of photo ID verifying your address. I assume it's some kind of international shipping security thing they have to comply with. Your first order has to be sent to the address on the ID you provide but after your first successful order you can freely change the address associated with your account.

Thanks for the detailed answer! I had to do something similar with identification when I first made an account on a Korean clothing website. I think even ASOS requested it, although they might have had some other weird requirement instead. Now I can make everyone jealous with my awesome LIJ gear :D

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Tweak posted:

The Bullet Club hoody I got from PWT is extremely comfy and soft and the only real draw back is that it says, "BONE SOLDIER" above the logo on the back

RIP Bone Soldier

He's done, right? No profile on the site last I saw...

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I have wanted to buy the NJ tracksuit from the official Japanese site for agggggges but haven't quite worked up the courage to use a third party seeing as it works out at like £100+

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NJPW added on a 30 minute video of Liger's last day in Best of Super Juniors and I want it subtitled so bad

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thrifting Day! posted:

I have wanted to buy the NJ tracksuit from the official Japanese site for agggggges but haven't quite worked up the courage to use a third party seeing as it works out at like £100+

yeah, very little of the merchandise is cheap, and the young boy tracksuits add up pretty quick.

also pro tip for American sized goons that just want some kind of NJPW merch: the classic Lion Mark t-shirt has larger sizes (XXL) and are also pretty tall compared with other shirts of theirs. I'm too big for Japan sizes but at least that XXL fits, and it's been a high quality shirt too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
never mind the g1 climax, here's the real climax https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826085

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am back. People said much harsher things on Meltzer's message board than I did here and he actually reads that. Anyway thanks to those who reached out during my probation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No prob

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

rovert posted:

Anyway thanks to those who reached out during my probation.

Were you in the hospital or hurt in some way friend?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

I am back. People said much harsher things on Meltzer's message board than I did here and he actually reads that. Anyway thanks to those who reached out during my probation.

I'm glad you're back. Let the haters be your elevators

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want to watch the Riddle/Ishii match on NJPW World but it's saying the match isn't available in my area. Anyone know what area it is available to watch in?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I want to watch the Riddle/Ishii match on NJPW World but it's saying the match isn't available in my area. Anyone know what area it is available to watch in?

Probably Japan.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's really good. Can see why there's talk of Riddle in Japan after it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Give it a couple weeks and it'll be available for us all. If you want it bad enough and feel like sending more money, I'm sure RevPro has it available in some form

here's riddle vs shibata if you haven't seen it yet http://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_37_01_07

here's the last UK show matches they put up awhile ago http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_archive_53_01

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 12, 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thrifting Day! posted:

It's really good. Can see why there's talk of Riddle in Japan after it

Oh God unless he changes his habits I can't see that going well.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wise move.

Also of note is that there's a kota ibushi t-shirt in the shop, which is rare for a freelancer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ibushi is an anomaly. Not just in wrestling, but life in general.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer's story was false as I said.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

Meltzer's story was false as I said.
Which story?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Which story?

New Japan running Wrestlemania weekend. I really don't know who feeds him this info. I assume the ROH office as it is delivered the same way and in the same detail as the ROH news.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

Ibushi is an anomaly. Not just in wrestling, but life in general.

Yeah it's pretty awesome :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

New Japan running Wrestlemania weekend. I really don't know who feeds him this info. I assume the ROH office as it is delivered the same way and in the same detail as the ROH news.

He didn't say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

He didn't say that.

Last week:

quote:

New Japan has been looking into locations for running over WrestleMania weekend in 2018 in New Orleans. ROH has booked a 5,000-seat building and one would think a New Japan show with the top names over Mania weekend should be able to sell that out.

• Locked thread