Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Strudel Man posted:

It doesn't look like this guy works for Monsanto. Link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8sgEhpHM4k
Though admittedly, he didn't drink very much of it.

This is fake, you can clearly see his bartender switch glasses about 5 minutes in, it's behind the round-up container.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The assholes who claimed leaded gas was safe had a representative swig a full glass of lead ethyl onstage.

(Then quietly checked him into a hospital for immediate chelation)

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!
LA Beast cools off by eating the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaDrmrlLo4

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Shalkore posted:

LA Beast cools off by eating the ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaDrmrlLo4

His teeth can not be real right? After all the crap he has ate, they just can't be.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Tunicate posted:

The assholes who claimed leaded gas was safe had a representative swig a full glass of lead ethyl onstage.

(Then quietly checked him into a hospital for immediate chelation)
Less insane than that, he just immersed his hand in it on stage.

3-6 months in germany undergoing chelation afterwards.

that prick was responsible for CFCs, as well.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MageMage posted:

This is fake, you can clearly see his bartender switch glasses about 5 minutes in, it's behind the round-up container.

You mean the one with subtitles saying its a pre-mixed drink, that they put salt and a lemon wedge on? That one that they didn't hide the "switch" at all?

EDIT: I can't imagine a big ol' jar of sand is going to do LA Beast any good either.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sestze posted:

Less insane than that, he just immersed his hand in it on stage.

3-6 months in germany undergoing chelation afterwards.

that prick was responsible for CFCs, as well.

any links about this?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

any links about this?

I don't know about the "man dips hand in leaded fuel" anecdote, but it is true that Thomas Midgley, Jr. is the man who invented both the leaded additive for gasoline and Freon and other CFC-based refrigerant systems. No other single being in the history of the Earth has had as much of an impact on the environment as him.

The schadenfreude is that after contracting polio and losing much of his mobility, he devised a series of ropes and pulleys to assist him getting out of bed, which he eventually became entangled in and strangled by.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Poor Freckles... died.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Poor Freckles... died.

Blah blah fencing response blah.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Phanatic posted:

Other pesticides include ethanol and vegetable oil, which you can drink and be fine. SCARY CHEMICAL NAME doesn't mean something is actually harmful.

Can't wait for the video of you drinking a half gallon of ethanol because it's harmless.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Can't wait for the video of you drinking a half gallon of ethanol because it's harmless.

Yeah just like that interviewer told the dude to drink an entire half gallon of roundup.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah just like that interviewer told the dude to drink an entire half gallon of roundup.

Didn't the dude in the interview say you could drink a quart of roundup and be fine?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Mezzanon posted:

Didn't the dude in the interview say you could drink a quart of roundup and be fine?

You could. You also could not.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You mean like the Monsanto lobbyist said that he could drink a quart of RoundUp right there and be fine and then he chickened out.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Say Nothing posted:

Poor Freckles... died.

A friend of my dad's had a horse who impaled itself on a fence at his ranch. This taught me two things:

1) Horses are dumb as gently caress
2) There needs to be a bar called "The Impaled Horse" if there isn't one already.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Horses aren't just dumb, they're also malevolent fuckers. Which is why I eat them instead of riding them.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Regalingualius posted:

A friend of my dad's had a horse who impaled itself on a fence at his ranch. This taught me two things:

1) Horses are dumb as gently caress
2) There needs to be a bar called "The Impaled Horse" if there isn't one already.

I was linked this post a little while ago when asking about the "poor Freckles, thought of (thing) and died" meme.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599972&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post426646421

Horses are stupid as gently caress.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Inco posted:

The schadenfreude is that after contracting polio and losing much of his mobility, he devised a series of ropes and pulleys to assist him getting out of bed, which he eventually became entangled in and strangled by.

That's what happened in this time continuum. The ones where he made a 3rd chemical didn't live long past it.

If time travel is possible, someone in the future was probably responsible.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Poor Notch, thought of friends and cried.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ElGroucho posted:

Poor Notch, thought of furries and :fap:ped.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

any links about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley_Jr.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

quote:

In 1940, at the age of 51, Midgley contracted poliomyelitis, which left him severely disabled. This led him to devise an elaborate system of strings and pulleys to help others lift him from bed. This system was the eventual cause of his own death when he was entangled in the ropes of this device and died of strangulation at the age of 55.[15][16][17]

:stare: so he did have a 3rd invention that killed him

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/OwJF29l.mp4

EZgrease
Oct 21, 2004

gently caress emptyquoted. I am the schadenfreude.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

That guy's entire schtick is about screwing up in comical ways. No schaden, but much amusement.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Picnic Princess posted:

You mean it's as if the dose of something controls whether or not it's toxic and not the number of syllables in the name?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Agreed, as long I don't drink too much dimethylmercury I'll be fine.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No no it's fine you'll survive

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Now if you'll excuse me I need to go drink my morning cup of 3,7-Dihydro-1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Serephina posted:

That guy's entire schtick is about screwing up in comical ways. No schaden, but much amusement.

I don't know. I watch all his videos, and that particular one he reacted very different, as if he was planning a smaller gently caress up and he finally *actually* screwed up

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Phanatic posted:

You mean it's as if the dose of something controls whether or not it's toxic and not the number of syllables in the name?

Ah but Monsanto!

Please ignore that the patent on Glyphosate expired in 2000 and it is now manufactured by a whole range of companies. And please ignore the fact that it's big business vs big business not Monsanto vs. the farmer.

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't know. I watch all his videos, and that particular one he reacted very different, as if he was planning a smaller gently caress up and he finally *actually* screwed up

I hope he has a dead mans switch under his desk, something where he has to keep his knee in it to keep the power on would work well enough.

Anarchist Mae has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jul 10, 2017

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

You mean like the Monsanto lobbyist said that he could drink a quart of RoundUp right there and be fine and then he chickened out.

Quart =/= half gallon

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Quart =/= half gallon

These sort of mixups wouldn't happen if everyone would just switch to metric.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

gently caress that, I'm switching to basic etymology

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

BrianBoitano posted:

I've seen one or two but forget what he calls them. Got a link to a video or the channel name?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

ElectroBOOM!

https://youtube.com/user/msadaghd
The "oh poo poo" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3vGaOLWqE

The giffed moment is at 8:00. He says the thin wires melted, so it sounds like that was either an intentional pseudo fuse or he actually hosed up and didn't have a dead man's safety.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/09/ioc-balks-at-helping-rio-with-olympic-debt/

quote:

The IOC has balked at helping Rio Olympic organizers pay a debt estimated at $35-40 million.

The executive board of the International Olympic Committee, meeting Sunday in Lausanne, Switzerland, said it had already contributed a “record” $1.53 billion to last year’s Olympics, and questioned giving more after meeting with organizing committee President Carlos Nuzman.

In a statement, the IOC said “more detailed information” was needed and said it “deferred any further consideration at this stage.” It added that it “has closed all its obligations with the organizing committee.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The International Olympic Committee: We're not as corrupt as FIFA, but we sure as hell try.