Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't post my fetishes on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm 4 minutes into this cinema sins video and the only actual "sin" is a continuity error in the scene where quint scratches the chalk board. but spielberg is the director who probably gives the least poo poo about continuity.

A goon's made a bunch of videos where he gives Cinema Sins the Cinema Sins treatment. Basically, a sperg sperging about sperging. The videos are good, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnTZbZw1JPQ

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

WampaLord posted:

You literally have to read the book to understand the ending of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG1AWVLnl48&t=351s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

Me and my one friend love hate-watching cinemasins because we like to yell at the voice in the TV about how wrong it is

they edited the scene where ben gardner's head floats out of his boat so it looks like hooper sits there like an idiot.

Paladinus posted:

A goon's made a bunch of videos where he gives Cinema Sins the Cinema Sins treatment. Basically, a sperg sperging about sperging. The videos are good, though.

drat i wanted to do this. i even had a mental list going whil ei was watching the jaws one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
CinemaSins is very literally the worst YouTube channel.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Imo the only thing worse than cinemasins is watching it and then legitimizing it by writing recording editing and uploading a refutation of it.

Edit- and I watched a review of the phantom menace!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i would watch a channel of just that. it's a shame only shaun and this goon have done them and it's only like five movies total. i like seeing clowns getting dunked on.

shaun's are better i don't like this goon doing his own count.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Paladinus posted:

tut, the proper format for doing that is pdf.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

i would watch a channel of just that. it's a shame only shaun and this goon have done them and it's only like five movies total. i like seeing clowns getting dunked on.

shaun's are better i don't like this goon doing his own count.

I'm fine with the ones I've seen, but because Cinema Sins essentially uses five tired jokes in every video, there is not much point in doing more than a few. Maybe if it was about a different film review channel each time. Like retsupurae of bad film riviews? I don't know.

E: also, who's Shaun?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ti3chBx2Pc

edit: actually now i'm glad the goon stopped doing his own version cuz the civil war one also included "missed nitpicks" which defeats the purpose of the goddang video.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 10, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah the book is great.

I saw the digital restoration last year and I loved every minute of it. It has this reputation of being a really dry and dour hard sci fi but a lot of it is really funny and the stargate sequence isn't even as long as I remembered. I think that Bored the poo poo out of me as a kid.

The book is awesome!

also

https://twitter.com/PreviouslyRec/status/884155085152014336

:thunk:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

this is so lethargic to watch

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i assume its spider man. any guess on what they thought about it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assume its spider man. any guess on what they thought about it.

I would think they'd both like it, but maybe Mike gets annoyed with how much of a teen Spidey is. Which is arguably the point, but he's an old man and doesn't remember what it's like to be young and excited about things.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

a star war betamax posted:

Good grief are you a hundred

I was born in the 50s.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I think they just said that cause the last couple/few streams they've done, Jay has released a video in the middle of it that triggered a major exodus.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I am never going to watch a pre-rec stream because they are garbage.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That honestly sounds passive agressive of jay

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Sounds like Jay has fun punking the lesser wives of Mike's harem

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

a bone to pick posted:

I am never going to watch a pre-rec stream because they are garbage.

You've made the right choice, because Jack feels compelled to play moderator and showman - and Rich is contantly annoyed in a not-charming, Mike-induced fashion.

But you should keep your ear to the rail for Jay eps, and Canadian eps. They are very worthwhile, usually.

Also, you're welcome for hurling myself on this content grenade to keep you informed!!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I tuned in for 3 minutes today. Rich was playing Wolfenstein 3D. It was very boring.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

a bone to pick posted:

this is so lethargic to watch

heck yeah it is

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Lavender posted:

Also, you're welcome for hurling myself on this content grenade to keep you informed!!

Thank you for taking one for the team, the less people are exposed to it the better.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Schweinhund posted:

I tuned in for 3 minutes today. Rich was playing Wolfenstein 3D. It was very boring.

Their streams are only good when Rich stops playing the game to have a discussion about something like Star Wars canon or stupid comic storylines.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was born in the 50s.

My dad was born in 1960 congrats btw on avoiding the schizophrenic side effects of long term alcoholism.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDbU4hSo9-M

Finally. Goddamn.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i have to now tell you i'm into some really, really weird poo poo. sexually. *splattering noises*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mike breaking and then trying to get Rich explain the shocker were both hilarious.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jay loves Sam Raimi so much he longs for the bad elements of the Raimi films to be included. I was not expecting that spicy take.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm sick of these millennials and all their vulture signalling.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

They're pretty on point with the Spider-Man review. The spider suit bits are really the only low point of the film.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's like they read this thread :tinfoil:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Jay loves Sam Raimi so much he longs for the bad elements of the Raimi films to be included. I was not expecting that spicy take.

Look man when you love the Raimi you love the whole Raimi OK

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Also, he was wrong, the movie had plenty of cutaways to random extras, like the "Yea Spiderman...Yea Ironman!" guy or the "Do a flip!" guy.

Also all the other people during the Stan Lee cameo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

And ALL the Raimis.. Even Ivan.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

And ALL the Raimis.. Even Ivan.

And especially Ted.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spiderman Homecoming may be pretty good but i still dont feel like seeing it. The movie I'm looking forward to is Valerian, which will probably flop regardless of its quality.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

And especially Ted.

Everyone loves Ted already.. "you can count on my steel!"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Everyone loves Ted already.. "you can count on my steel!"

I wish Lunatics: A Love Story would come out on something post-VHS already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Star posted:

The movie I'm looking forward to is Valerian, which will probably flop regardless of its quality.

Yikes

• Locked thread