Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Edible Hat posted:

The type of people who are inclined to riot are not the ones who are angry about Russian collusion. Do you think Louise Mensch's Twitter followers are going to upset their yoga session and their son's soccer practice to smash some windows downtown?

In what universe are Mensch's Twitter followers soccer moms.

I'm also pretty sure that TRUMP CHARGED WITH FOREIGN COLLUSION, PARDONS SELF is the sort of story that would break through into the mainstream a bit.

Can't pay dog tax cause I'm on phone, promise that next post from a computer will have dogges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

1stGear posted:

I'm also pretty sure that TRUMP CHARGED WITH FOREIGN COLLUSION, PARDONS SELF is the sort of story that would break through into the mainstream a bit.

Priebus statement on Trump's self-pardon: It's a nothingburger

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I imagine Donald is stomping around the White House yelling at staff right now.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
So, odds that Trump fires Mueller this week? Because Putin said his investigation is pointless!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/884205496344825857

he incriminated himself in his statement today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.79e80c2958c3

just. amazing.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Burt Buckle posted:

I imagine Donald is stomping around the White House yelling at staff right now.
It's almost 10pm there. If he's stomping around at all, he probably doesn't remember why. Someone could just say "sorry about the Delay, my Lord" and toss a bucket of KFC into his room and he'd be satisfied until it's 5am TrumpDumpin' time.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/884211874518192128

I honestly had to read that three times

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
he's walking it...back...?

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/884212082320605184

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Come on now, you can't hold a guy accountable for something he said in an official statement. It's just locker room talk you know, he was joking around with the boys.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I know that logical consistency is a stretch for the GOP, but the informant could be Hillary Clinton in an unshanka and Jr would still be guilty of conspiracy.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I guess if they didn't literally take all his phones from him six months ago, they never will.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

sundowning + tired from traveling

even fewer neurons firing than usual

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ogmius815 posted:

So we know for sure that Don jr. and Paul Manifort at least tried to collude. Right?

Pages back, but Manafort's middle loving name is 'Putin collusion.' Imagine the 'fixer' for supervillians in a lovely spy flick and you have Paul Manafort. Among his other professional workings,he is the facilitator of funding the pro-Russia party in Ukraine. Russia is currently, quietly invading eastern Ukraine slowly.

https://www.apnews.com/20cfc75c82eb4a67b94e624e97207e23

Associated Press posted:

"Now, financial records newly obtained by The Associated Press confirm that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Manafort’s name were actually received by his consulting firm in the United States. They include payments in 2007 and 2009, providing the first evidence that Manafort’s firm received at least some money listed in the so-called Black Ledger.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-05-22/paul-manafort-s-lucrative-ukraine-years-are-central-to-the-russia-probe

Bloomberg posted:

Manafort, 68, had claimed Yanukovych was the one Ukrainian who could lead his country closer to the West at a pace Putin could stand, (Backwards). according to Dan Fried, a former U.S. assistant secretary of state for the region which includes Ukraine. But that proved false.

Bold text mine. The fake news does not villify Paul Manafort, his is a literal villain, a friend of dictators.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 10, 2017

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

I guess if they didn't literally take all his phones from him six months ago, they never will.

I imagine him on a blackberry, they take it away, he pulls out an iPhone, they take it away and he has a razer flip phone, etc etc until he's tweeting on a rotary phone.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This seems pretty racist.

https://twitter.com/CanaDean/status/883517022759526400

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

It definitely is.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

George Washington:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

All that good will from putting the military man's hat back on... destroyed. Thanks a lot, Junior.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Pellisworth posted:

sundowning + tired from traveling

even fewer neurons firing than usual

A cluster of neurons held together by a spirochete, a lasting memorial to his own personal Vietnam. If you want to unravel the Presidency, use penicillin.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Y'know, culture! There should not be a man in France that doesn't know that in 511, Clovis died and his kingdom was divided among his four sons; the territory with its seat at Paris went to Childebert I, the kingdom of Soissons went to Chlothar I, the kingdom of Orléans went to Chlodomer, and the kingdom of Rheims (Austrasia) went to Theuderic I.

I didn't know these guys were such history buf- oh they mean white skin.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884212914038747136

Article from the day of this meeting confirms that Trump was at Trump tower all day

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So thread, what's the best riposte to have in my back pocket to use against someone who thinks

means "Trump is a huge ally to gays, he's the best president ever for LGBTs as a matter of fact" ?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I literally don't know what this means. And I don't care! Impeach Bush.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Data Graham posted:

So thread, what's the best riposte to have in my back pocket to use against someone who thinks

means "Trump is a huge ally to gays, he's the best president ever for LGBTs as a matter of fact" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xyvOCNCXdU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Data Graham posted:

He doesn't give a poo poo about it at all, is fine to let all of his political opponents do their best to rollback lgbt protections

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Also saying it's a cease-fire is admitting they were certainly hacking us... else what are they ceasing?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Data Graham posted:

list anything he has done for LGBTQ people

(nothing)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Data Graham posted:

He picked Mike Pence to be his VP.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Data Graham posted:

the guy he put on the supreme court legit lied and also ignored supreme court precedent in his dissent on a case dealing with gay parents.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Also saying it's a cease-fire is admitting they were certainly hacking us... else what are they ceasing?

I thought the cease fire thing is about Syria? Idk.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/morningmoneyben/status/884215487164493824

Why does anyone ever make statements on behalf of this administration.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Trabisnikof posted:

I thought the cease fire thing is about Syria? Idk.

Oh... the "and did" made me think he was talking about a cyber cease fire. Otherwise why is he even bringing that up in the cyber tweet? Oh god my brain is breaking.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Phoix posted:

https://twitter.com/morningmoneyben/status/884215487164493824

Why does anyone ever make statements on behalf of this administration.

i like how the stupidspeak spreads. nobody just calls it "cyber".

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

aras agalarov (who setup the meeting) is a front for russian mafia money. prevezon holdings is owned by denis katsyv and a collection of proxies, likely fronts for russian mafia. denis katsyv is the son of petr katsyv, ex russian transport minister and close associate of putin. the lawyer don jr met with works on behalf of prevezon and is an outspoken opponent of the magnitsky act. the magnitsky act is named for the lawyer who was killed after uncovering fraud involving prevezon holdings. he worked for hermitage capital, an american investment firm mostly active in moscow that was unwillingly involved in the fraud

preet bharara was heading a civil case against prevezon on behalf of hermitage and the us government. after he was fired (by trump) earlier this year prevezon and the us attorney's office settled the case

there's clearly some quid pro quo here, right?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like how the stupidspeak spreads. nobody just calls it "cyber".

actually most of the intelligence and defense communities refer to it simply as "cyber" which sounds dumb but it's not Trump and cronies being dumb in this case

that's been the term for a while, well before Trump became President

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pellisworth posted:

actually most of the intelligence and defense communities refer to it simply as "cyber" which sounds dumb but it's not Trump and cronies being dumb in this case

lol that's loving embarrassing. wish i didn't know that.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

the talent deficit posted:

aras agalarov (who setup the meeting) is a front for russian mafia money. prevezon holdings is owned by denis katsyv and a collection of proxies, likely fronts for russian mafia. denis katsyv is the son of petr katsyv, ex russian transport minister and close associate of putin. the lawyer don jr met with works on behalf of prevezon and is an outspoken opponent of the magnitsky act. the magnitsky act is named for the lawyer who was killed after uncovering fraud involving prevezon holdings. he worked for hermitage capital, an american investment firm mostly active in moscow that was unwillingly involved in the fraud

preet bharara was heading a civil case against prevezon on behalf of hermitage and the us government. after he was fired (by trump) earlier this year prevezon and the us attorney's office settled the case

Consider that this is the stuff that has gone public, then consider how much treason the Mueller investigation (which has been incredibly quiet, for good reason) is pursuing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Them not having kids is also kind of a problem because they don't have the "but what about my kids" thing when they decide to gently caress everything up for their own personal gain. No kids = no worries about what they leave for those that follow; it's not like they have a personal connection at that point.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

Them not having kids is also kind of a problem because they don't have the "but what about my kids" thing when they decide to gently caress everything up for their own personal gain. No kids = no worries about what they leave for those that follow; it's not like they have a personal connection at that point.

no, not really

most US reps and particularly senators are ancient and have a herd of kids and grandkids, yet the majority of them don't give a gently caress beyond their prospects in the next election

edit: heard is not herd.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

the talent deficit posted:

And she was only allowed in the country because she claimed to be vital to legal defense in that case

• Locked thread