Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dolash posted:

Trump is going to flat-out pardon his son for unspecified and not-admitted wrongdoing, with the explicit justification of "He's my son, how could I not? I'm just protecting him from the FAKE NEWS by the DEEP STATE anyway!" and Republicans will embrace this as a totally fine use of executive power.

It'll make for a good warmup when Mueller launches his massive, fully-sourced takedown of the entire Trump admin and Donald does the same thing again for everyone.
It really messed with me as a kid when I learned that the president can pardon someone without implying guilt in any legal sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Anyone remember if Trump actually gave that speech? I recall a bunch of times during the campaign where he promised to give a speech where he was really gonna attack Hillary with new dirt, and then they would pretend he never promised to do it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump should just pardon everyone who works for him all at once for everything by twitter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884221418787012609

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/884221661012267008

Don’t get ahead of the reporting. That’s one of the first lessons you’re supposed to learn as a novitiate in the church of journalism. Don’t assert what is not yet established by the facts. The consequences can be dire. In the rare case when Woodward and Bernstein stumbled during their Watergate reporting, it was because at one point they got a little ahead of their carefully established web of facts when it came to who was running the conspiracy. In the end, they were right, but the stumble allowed the Nixon Administration to charge, in modern parlance, #fakenews. “Shabby journalism” is what Ron Ziegler, the Sean Spicer on the Nixon era, called it.

The Trump Administration should not win any moral or political plaudits even if it turns out, in the end, that there was no collusion between the President’s campaign and the Russian government. Its countless sins of lying, conflict of interest, shady business transactions, character assassination, and so much else assures it a place in history as a uniquely grimy Administration. And we are not yet a half year into its reign.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

well, I'm pretty sure its against the law for the US military to fire nukes at US cities just by posse commitatus

Actually, the Posse Comitatus Act only refers to the army and the Air Force. So he could only target navy nukes at US cities.

Also, violating the Posse Comitatus act is a loving misdemeanor punishable up to two years in prison or a fine of up to ten thousand dollars.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Glumslinger posted:

Like, you keep trying to claim that nothing happened, but its getting more and more obvious that something happened

not really. my core beef has always been with the "evidence" that the DNC and Podesta hacks were directed by Russia. it's always been obvious that Russia was trying to influence the election and that people like Flynn were lying about it for some reason.

if this Don Jr thing turns out to be the reason, that'll be pretty funny, since the timeline for it makes a lot of the other parts of the conspiracy that people have floated seem silly, like the Steele dossier

(piss tape is still 100% real)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Elephanthead posted:

I love President Trump more then I love cake!

i know we say some crazy poo poo in here, but come on, have some pride

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

glenn greenwald, the person who deliberately burned an informant because she gave him proof of the russian hacking, still thinks there's absolutely nothing to see here

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/884222010582290433

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

We've had him for a while but

keratinous scutes posted:

Nothing matters

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Meowy Babyleg
Sep 10, 2011
*trump gets off plane and spends 3 hours wandering alone in a forest*

twitter: Uh he wasn't lost in the woods he was looking for FOREST CUCKS to TRIGGER

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Actually, the Posse Comitatus Act only refers to the army and the Air Force. So he could only target navy nukes at US cities.

Also, violating the Posse Comitatus act is a loving misdemeanor punishable up to two years in prison or a fine of up to ten thousand dollars.

did u call me a pussy communist?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I regret eating cake but I will never regret voting Trump over Jeb!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

not really. my core beef has always been with the "evidence" that the DNC and Podesta hacks were directed by Russia. it's always been obvious that Russia was trying to influence the election and that people like Flynn were lying about it for some reason.

if this Don Jr thing turns out to be the reason, that'll be pretty funny, since the timeline for it makes a lot of the other parts of the conspiracy that people have floated seem silly, like the Steele dossier

(piss tape is still 100% real)

How's the Brazilian internet, Glenn?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Yinlock posted:

guess what emotion ivanka trump is trying to show
____________?????__________________________________?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What would Paul Ryan not do for tax breaks for the rich?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

:chaostrump: *advances menacingly towards Don Jr.*

"In many ways, you have shown me what its like to have a son."

*hand starts to oscillate and vibrate as Donnie Sr pulls a Kali-Ma on Donnie Jr.*

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GobiasIndustries posted:

Skip leg day.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/884213979383566336

gotta throw out some trial balloons

just test the idea that we can let other countries help us with cybersecurity

spitball and throw some ideas at the wall yknow

Every two child did. I will.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

GobiasIndustries posted:

give poors health care

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

you can see why I'm skeptical that Donald Trump orchestrated a political conspiracy and cover up

I don't think anyone in the thread thinks trump actually did either of those things

Internet Webguy posted:

russian spy: the crow flies at midnight

don jr: what?

spy: the cow is in the barn but the electric fence has not been activated

don jr: the gently caress u talkin about? I'm here to collude with a foreign government on behalf of my father's campaign so do you have hillary's stolen emails or not?

spy: *contemplates how to make don jr swallow her cyanide pill*

lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Joe, real talk, if the campaign chair is a clear russian plant, and his son (jr) and chief advisor(Kush) are all getting in bed with russians on multiple occasions, something was probably going on. There is clearly an exceptionally sloppy coverup and more and more of it points to them trying to trade dirt for sanction relief.

Ignoring everyother insanely hosed up thing Kush has got caught doing with Russia, this meeting clearly looks like someone was trying to trade dirt for sanction relief, since those are the only 2 topics that have been acknowledged to have been discussed in this meeting. This isn't Roger Stone maybe trolling people by claiming he has a contact to Gucifer, this is a clear pattern by members of the inner circle of the campaign

Like, you keep trying to claim that nothing happened, but its getting more and more obvious that something happened

*breathlessly charges in with a very suck zone voice* rural voters don't care that the president colluded with a hostile foreign power. Now let me dazzle you with my command of "the real issues".

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Someone rewrite anything for love with this concept

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

*fingers twitch as my hand inches achingly slowly towards the cold iron i have strapped to my hip just like my american hero, jimmy dean. wait... no... jimmy stewart*

did you just... oh wait you said posse i know what that means cos i fucxkin love westerns thats why i wear this cold iron strapped to my hip and my fingers twitch as my hand inches achingly slowly towards is

"did you just call me..."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Here is intro to the speech he gave on the next monday

quote:

This was going to be a speech on Hillary Clinton and how bad a President, especially in these times of Radical Islamic Terrorism, she would be.

Even her former Secret Service Agent, who has seen her under pressure and in times of stress, has stated that she lacks the temperament and integrity to be president.

There will be plenty of opportunity to discuss these important issues at a later time, and I will deliver that speech soon.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

glenn greenwald, the person who deliberately burned an informant because she gave him proof of the russian hacking, still thinks there's absolutely nothing to see here

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/884222010582290433

It's hilarious how he's gone crazy with his whole leave Putin alone attitude.

Maybe he's gunning to get the prestigious RT news anchor job?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

paul ryanair skips maintenance day

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

GobiasIndustries posted:

be

Antonyms for craven

brave
courageous

heroic
bold

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's kind of insane that the NYT can release a breaking story showing Don Jr, Kushner, and Manafort secretly meeting with Russian agents, that the story is corroborated by five separate sources, that Don Jr has admitted that the meeting happened, that journos have dug up info on Goldstone's social media and confirmed it through his posts

That after all of the above, Glenn Greenwald (who deliberately nuked a source for the crime of sending Greenwald proof that Russian interference happened) trudges onto Twitter to claim that people are just being hysterical about Russia

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

yeah but that's a compliment here

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's kind of insane that the NYT can release a breaking story showing Don Jr, Kushner, and Manafort secretly meeting with Russian agents, that the story is corroborated by five separate sources, that Don Jr has admitted that the meeting happened, that journos have dug up info on Goldstone's social media and confirmed it through his posts

That after all of the above, Glenn Greenwald (who deliberately nuked a source for the crime of sending Greenwald proof that Russian interference happened) trudges onto Twitter to claim that people are just being hysterical about Russia

Which source?

Was it that chick who leaked the NSA intel about how the Russians were looking into hacking voting machines?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Elephanthead posted:

Skip leg day.

DrPossum posted:

give poors health care

close, so close.

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot
https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/884221711813672961

the mattering? please. im all about the pissening

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WHERES THE NEW EPISODE YOU LAZY FUCKS

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Greenwald sucks big time

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/884221661012267008

Don’t get ahead of the reporting. That’s one of the first lessons you’re supposed to learn as a novitiate in the church of journalism. Don’t assert what is not yet established by the facts. The consequences can be dire. In the rare case when Woodward and Bernstein stumbled during their Watergate reporting, it was because at one point they got a little ahead of their carefully established web of facts when it came to who was running the conspiracy. In the end, they were right, but the stumble allowed the Nixon Administration to charge, in modern parlance, #fakenews. “Shabby journalism” is what Ron Ziegler, the Sean Spicer on the Nixon era, called it.

The Trump Administration should not win any moral or political plaudits even if it turns out, in the end, that there was no collusion between the President’s campaign and the Russian government. Its countless sins of lying, conflict of interest, shady business transactions, character assassination, and so much else assures it a place in history as a uniquely grimy Administration. And we are not yet a half year into its reign.

funny that this is basically exactly what greenwald is arguing (and has been for months) yet nobody's calling remnick a russian patsy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

what was that tv show those two guys were on

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deathbysnusnu posted:

*breathlessly charges in with a very suck zone voice* rural voters don't care that the president colluded with a hostile foreign power. Now let me dazzle you with my command of "the real issues".

they don't because they don't keep up with the news like we do in this thread. we're more up-to-date than probably like 95% of America

democrats should impeach trump and convict him of treason, but they need to win elections to do so, and to win elections they need to give voters a reason to vote for them, not reasons to not vote republican. both things are extremely important

speaking of which

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/884224727962849280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Baloogan posted:

are there any laws that say the president has to be in his right mind?!?!?!?!?!?!?1

It doesn't say he has to, but the 25th amendment does have a sundown clause

it requires the judgment of a bipartisan commission created by congress tho (it was supposed to be created when the amendment was formally adopted but congress never followed through) , so good luck getting the smoothbrain out that way

• Locked thread