Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah it's a total coincidence that happened when reality winner was upset with the intercept coverage and sent in information directly contradicting greenwald

he didn't work on the story. greenwald's obnoxious but there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he burned the intercept's source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

are we seeing the inevitable war between the bannon faction and trumpkid faction? or more accurately, is that cold war turning hot?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey been out of it for a few hours, sounds like donny jr kinda hosed up huh

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol how did don jr manage to piss someone off so bad for this to be leaked?

like the gently caress boy doesn't even appear to be part of any palace intrigue and and seems to be on the outside anyway. (in terms of policy making and poo poo)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

it was the president and some guy named john barron and a man in a luchador mask with lovely hair sticking out the eyeholes

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Oddly enough, everyone talking about unmasking Donald Trump forgot to add the Jr. at the end.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
the worst part is that i can't remember anything i thought that mattered, like off the top of my head i can't remember a single other "mattering" event

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

swan's source inside the admin is bannon or someone close to bannon. kushner wouldn't out himself in the story or anyone in the family, and i doubt swan would report it like that if it were bannon or one of bannon's crew, so i'm guessing these sources are from reince world

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

swan's source inside the admin is bannon or someone close to bannon. kushner wouldn't out himself in the story or anyone in the family, and i doubt swan would report it like that if it were bannon or one of bannon's crew, so i'm guessing these sources are from reince world

The Trump administration is basically the Skeksis Castle in Dark Crystal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ahaha, yes, this is the best outcome

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Regular Nintendo posted:

hey been out of it for a few hours, sounds like donny jr kinda hosed up huh

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wasn't joking, like where do I start, programming is cool

I'm gonna release the source code to this at some people so anyone can look at see how it's done, but since it's in F# (So, functional programming, not the easiest to get) it's probably not something for someone who has never coded before. But SKULL.GIF's suggestion of https://www.codecademy.com/ is a good place to start.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Abel Wingnut posted:

what you mean the guy that jsut went out on a bj tour to tout how great trumps joint cyber task force with russia is?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Rushi posted:

the worst part is that i can't remember anything i thought that mattered, like off the top of my head i can't remember a single other "mattering" event

what if............... none of them mattered

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

punchymcpunch posted:

one of em played a scientist on the flash and the other one played the flash's 19th century butler when he went back in time to the 19th century and was a rich guy

is this a reference to another period!?!?!?!?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/884230920823328768

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

like here's Abramson's thread from today where he rounds up what we've learned and puts it in a bit of context

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/884212914038747136

I don't really see anything egregious in there? Am I missing something?

I only have my phone at home and don't really want to wade through it. Here's one of several older articles on Seth, from back when he did include himself in Mensch's crew. They later had a falling out when she, predictably, accused him of being a Russian spy.

Anyway, the NYT seems to be covering this story quite well without Seth's help.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Abel Wingnut posted:

Melania getting revenge on the Trump kids for sending her on stage at the RNC with a plagiarized speech

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Except for a few things, apparently

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

what a wacky president

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yinlock posted:

Except for a few things, apparently

with few exceptions

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

Melania getting revenge on the Trump kids for sending her on stage at the RNC with a plagiarized speech

If they knew and their goal was to embarrass her by doing so they should've made her read off "where wings take dream"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If they knew and their goal was to embarrass her by doing so they should've made her read off "where wings take dream"

what, is taht one of hitler's speeches?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Russia has been balls deep in Manafort for decades and seeing people casually mention him as someone who might be involved in shady russian stuff is like seeing people talk about jeffrey dahmer with a severed head in his hand maybe being involved in some local disappearances.

Trump getting him to run his campaign for free is downright baffling on the "how did the trump anti matter-field deal with that one? scale

Intel&Sebastian has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Jul 10, 2017

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

RIP Leonard Nimoy: he got to touch Nichelle Nichols' massive boobs.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Russia has been balls deep in Manafort for decades and seeing people casually mention him as someone who might be involved in shady russian stuff is like seeing people talk about jeffrey dahmer with a severed head in his hand maybe being involved in some local disappearances.

been saying this since manafort appeared out of nowhere to help trump for free like mary loving poppins

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

I only have my phone at home and don't really want to wade through it. Here's one of several older articles on Seth, from back when he did include himself in Mensch's crew. They later had a falling out when she, predictably, accused him of being a Russian spy.

Anyway, the NYT seems to be covering this story quite well without Seth's help.

Thank you

I'll take his stuff with additional grains of salt in the future, though I've long since seen Mensch/Garland for what they are

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Trump getting him to run his campaign for free is downright baffling on the "how did the trump anti matter-field deal with that one? scale

trump didnt get manafort to work for free. manafort offered to work for free.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Trump Conspiracy Tweetstorms Are The Infowars Of The Left

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ruh roh, looks like donny jr.'s in big trouble!!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I don't think Jerry Horne is doin' too good

and Ben Horne looks like beardless David Letterman now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/884232141143515136

:shepface:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if you dont remember anything, you dont have to tell the truth - Niawt Kram

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pence/glitterhoof 2020

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

it's pence, yo

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Don Jr. has united KUSH!, Bannon and Dr. GORKAAAAAAAAAA

holy poo poo!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

probaly. its more likely he is making promises to the big donners that he is willing to take trumps place when the admin implodes.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

pence/glitterhoof 2020

it can double as wedding invitations too

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

A Handed Missus posted:

Don Jr. has united KUSH!, Bannon and Dr. GORKAAAAAAAAAA