Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Another picture of slug tank has surfaced:

Not sure what to think about the thingy above the dozer blade. Can't tell if that's a periscope or some tri-barrelled gun with no traversal. The whole thing is less stumpy that I thought, since you can see the treads extending beyond the beige plating. Looks pretty solid, though it'd be nice to see an all-around view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think it'll probably be a Triple mount of some moderately useful Heavy weapon, like Heavy Stubbers.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

My best bigly yet. Faces are really a pain in the rear end to paint... I'll need a lot of practice before I feel confident with those.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Strobe posted:

I think it'll probably be a Triple mount of some moderately useful Heavy weapon, like Heavy Stubbers.

Almost look like triple meltas.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

goose willis posted:

Painted the five-man Dark Vengeance terminator squad

What looks right/wrong and what should be fixed/changed

I'd also do something about the barrels of your Storm Bolters and Assault Cannon. Either drill them or at least dab some black on the ends.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah, I was wondering this too - I was hoping I could make Sex Cannon do all the work because I'm poo poo at planning, but I guess anyone who wants to get hammered and throw down some hams, uhhh, I guess we're doing this next weekend, and I need to clean my house?

Who all is in on this - Felime, Beer4TheBeerGod, Sex Cannon, probably others? I'll PM you at some point this week when I'm drunk enough to send abusive PMs but not so drunk that I've forgetten where I live.

If anyone has a f table they can bring, I'd appreciate it - I have enough terrain between what's here and what I can steal from ShadowDaesh, but I need some like, sawhorses or whatever, to put the Realm of Battle tiles on.

EDIT: actually, scratch that, I have a folding table that'll probably work, so I'll sort it out with Daesh and we should be able to run 3 tables at once.

I assume this post means you are ok with goons getting drunk at your house and are ok with me making my contribution in the form of alcohol?

If not, or if too many people are bringing booze, I can spring for pizza or something.

Additionally: Beer4TheBeerGod can now vouch that we coexisted in the same room (full of potential witnesses) without any murder attempts. He also wasn't kidding about even taller. Jesus.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felime posted:

I assume this post means you are ok with goons getting drunk at your house and are ok with me making my contribution in the form of alcohol?

If not, or if too many people are bringing booze, I can spring for pizza or something.

Additionally: Beer4TheBeerGod can now vouch that we coexisted in the same room (full of potential witnesses) without any murder attempts. He also wasn't kidding about even taller. Jesus.

Can confirm that Felime is real and not terrible. Would play hams with.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So where is the hamslam at?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Dumb rules question. With Tau, Drone Support says they act as a separate unit. Does that count for victory points? Played a game today against a Tau player where the only victory condition was victory points for killing units and I slaughtered him based solely on drones - either I popped them as they're squishy or his Saviour Protocols for taking hits. That seems really crappy but we can't find anything implying otherwise. One deployed they are a separate unit.

Is the answer to take less drones?

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

goose willis posted:

Painted the five-man Dark Vengeance terminator squad

What looks right/wrong and what should be fixed/changed

A brighter highlight on the edges would be good I think. On the originals the cream colour is quite dirtied up, but the edges are a much lighter shade that brings the overall deathwing cream colour together.

e: and a darker wash around the metal bits on the armour/on the metal bits generally

I like the powersword effect a lot as well.

eSportseXpert fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 9, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mortanis posted:

Dumb rules question. With Tau, Drone Support says they act as a separate unit. Does that count for victory points? Played a game today against a Tau player where the only victory condition was victory points for killing units and I slaughtered him based solely on drones - either I popped them as they're squishy or his Saviour Protocols for taking hits. That seems really crappy but we can't find anything implying otherwise. One deployed they are a separate unit.

Typically the rules text specifying independent units says they're treated as separate units for all rules and interactions, so yes.

Keep in mind that exactly 1/12 of the current published missions for matched play use kill points, so it doesn't come up terribly often.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Mortanis posted:

The answer is to change the mission like ITC is doing - make units give KPs equal to their Power Level, instead of a flat 1/unit.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Was wondering what was up with the contemptor cyclone launchers.

Also the fire raptor autocannons.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

Not sure what to think about the thingy above the dozer blade. Can't tell if that's a periscope or some tri-barrelled gun with no traversal. The whole thing is less stumpy that I thought, since you can see the treads extending beyond the beige plating. Looks pretty solid, though it'd be nice to see an all-around view.

My guess is that it's some kind of multi plague-grenade launcher, it reminds me of the ones on the Landraider Achilles.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
So if biglys are truescale Marines, what would truescale biglys look like?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Autism Sneaks posted:

So if biglys are truescale Marines, what would truescale biglys look like?

Since you asked...

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Just use Inquisitor scale.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Played a game with a different tyranid player, 1000 points.

Don't remember the exact list since I made it on the fly, but was something like this:

Captain
Company commander

Tac squad with combi flamer, plasmagun, heavy bolter
Tac squad with combi plasma, plasmagun, plasma cannon
Guard squad with flamer and autocannon
Contemptor with autocannon
Guard command squad with 4 grenade launchers
Guard special weapon squad with 2 flamers and demo charge
Las + plas razorback
Chimera

Vs
Tervigon
Hive crone
Excocrine
15-20 genestealers
25-30 termagants
3 biovores

We deployed on the short table edge, he went first.

He played too aggressively with his hive crone, doing a turn one shoot + charge on my razorback, it had a combi flamer + plas combat squad loaded. He put 6 wounds on the razorback, then most of my army shot it and my contemptor punched it, it died.

Coming up one side was the genestealers, the other was the tervigon and gants. Excocrine and biovores were sitting on his objectives.

On my objectives I had a heavy bolter combat squad, the wounded razorback, and the guard squad.

His Genestealers came in turn 2 and ate my plasma squad, but I killed them all with shooting since they were in the open after wiping them out. The squad with the combi flamer dismounted and basically the whole army shot them except the guard that were still in the chimera.

By turn 4 I had moved my chimera dudes and contemptor up to striking distance on the tervigon. I ignored the gants, just chipping away at the tervigon until I was in position. Guard piled out of the chimera, dropped a demo charge on the tervigon, and between the 4 frag grenade launchers, 2 flamers, chimera, dreadnought, and various long range fire wiped his termagant squad in one phase. Dread then charged and killed the tervigon.

Next turn, dread charged the exocrine and finished it off, it had been taking plasma cannon fire and stuff for a while and lost wounds. My guard autocannon had been working on the biovores for a while and did 6 damage to them, my other guns finished them, tabling my opponent.

Also fought the other turanid player. Tried my stormraven out, ended up losing it early when his flying tyrant smited it for 5 wounds and got 4 wounding hits on it in melee, 3 of them were 6s with toxin sacs. It went poorly after that.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 10, 2017

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

jng2058 posted:

That's a pretty sweet conversion, and looks pretty easy to do. Yeah, I'll probably give that a try.

Cheers mate. The shape of the plasma pistol and the lasgun both provide natural cutting lines and make it very easy. The scions even have backpack-mounted power sources!

Played another game this evening, going back to Imperial Guard again. Faced Necrons for the first time in a couple editions. I used the same list as my previous game (infantry, scions, sentinels and a manticore, all shoved into a brigade detachment) at 1000 points. We played the Maelstrom mission where the 'secure objective X' cards are up for grabs by both sides.

So Necrons are super tough (has anyone played against the vehicles with quantum shielding!? jesus christ that's an irritating mechanic to have to pound through) but not that killy or maneuverable. My opponent sort of fell into the classic blunder - he directed all his firepower at the conscripts first, then the infantry squads, because they were softer and easier to kill. And to be fair, that was how he could get objectives on his side of the board. But meanwhile my firepower units took out his annihilation barge and wraiths. He had two big blobs of necron warriors (17 each) which proved very resilient with reanimation protocols. But once my Scions dropped in, bottom of turn 3, killing his Praetorian walker, he couldn't really run around and achieve objectives with just two slow, not-very-long-ranged units, no matter how hard to kill they were. I was pretty much ahead on objectives from turn 2, and when we called it due to time at the end of turn 5, I was up 15-7. I had decent luck on the objective draws, but I still would have won handily due to how much better my army could spread across the board than his.

Best moment of the game: Scions dropped in; plasma command squad took out his Stalker in one volley after its quantum shielding almost completely denied the melta squad; plasma command squad was wiped out by return fire. This move left my opponent's warlord the closest model, so I moved the meltas within 6" range. One volley, only one melta hit wounded, he failed his invulnerable save, I rolled a 6 for damage. Boom, immortal alien king melted down in one shot! Tea & medals all around, lads.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Airbrushes are so rad, this is like 20 minutes of work. I am waiting for the Future to dry before washing them with Reikland Fleshshade Gloss.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Genghis Cohen posted:

Cheers mate. The shape of the plasma pistol and the lasgun both provide natural cutting lines and make it very easy. The scions even have backpack-mounted power sources!

Played another game this evening, going back to Imperial Guard again. Faced Necrons for the first time in a couple editions. I used the same list as my previous game (infantry, scions, sentinels and a manticore, all shoved into a brigade detachment) at 1000 points. We played the Maelstrom mission where the 'secure objective X' cards are up for grabs by both sides.

So Necrons are super tough (has anyone played against the vehicles with quantum shielding!? jesus christ that's an irritating mechanic to have to pound through) but not that killy or maneuverable. My opponent sort of fell into the classic blunder - he directed all his firepower at the conscripts first, then the infantry squads, because they were softer and easier to kill. And to be fair, that was how he could get objectives on his side of the board. But meanwhile my firepower units took out his annihilation barge and wraiths. He had two big blobs of necron warriors (17 each) which proved very resilient with reanimation protocols. But once my Scions dropped in, bottom of turn 3, killing his Praetorian walker, he couldn't really run around and achieve objectives with just two slow, not-very-long-ranged units, no matter how hard to kill they were. I was pretty much ahead on objectives from turn 2, and when we called it due to time at the end of turn 5, I was up 15-7. I had decent luck on the objective draws, but I still would have won handily due to how much better my army could spread across the board than his.

Best moment of the game: Scions dropped in; plasma command squad took out his Stalker in one volley after its quantum shielding almost completely denied the melta squad; plasma command squad was wiped out by return fire. This move left my opponent's warlord the closest model, so I moved the meltas within 6" range. One volley, only one melta hit wounded, he failed his invulnerable save, I rolled a 6 for damage. Boom, immortal alien king melted down in one shot! Tea & medals all around, lads.

Awesooome! I kick myself every time I read or see a militarum battle report. I shoulda gone with them instead of tau.

I played a ~700 point game against my girlfriend's necrons with my tau and yes the quantum shielding was super annoying. There's nothing like having 3 fusion blasters just totally ignored by a walker that can easily one shot a crisis in retaliation.

I'm thinking of getting 3 pirhanas for some first turn kauyon/6 seeker missile shenanigans.
Any tau players in here experiment with that?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Dark Eldar terrain set looking good

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

TheChirurgeon posted:

Noise marine dreads are fuckin back. yesssssss

I guess Forge World doesn't make them still? How would one get one (or a good equivalent) these days?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

OhDearGodNo posted:

So where is the hamslam at?

I think it's at my house, in Owings Mills. I'll PM everyone the details after I've had a bit more wine.

Felime posted:

My dude, I am extremely OK with that.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can confirm that Felime is real and not terrible. Would play hams with.

Sweet, let's fuckin' do this. Between you three and Sex Cannon, who I assume is still into slamming hams, and the dudes I'm going to bring (TheChirurgeon and hangers-on), we should at 8, so I think the 3 tables I can run will be sufficient, just do a team game or two.

Details forthcoming, and if anyone else wants in a slamming hams in the Baltimore suburbs, slide into my DMs. Preferably don't be too much of a weirdo, and you 100% can murder me, but not anyone else, and don't let my cats outside.

EDIT: It has occurred to me that I neglected to quote forums user JoshTheStampede, who I am mentioning here so I can look at this post and remember who to PM later.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 10, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Xarlaxas posted:

I guess Forge World doesn't make them still? How would one get one (or a good equivalent) these days?

FW doesn't make them. I'm hoping there's a full release for Emperor's Children / Slaanesh marines marines. In the mean time I'd be hoping for a decent multipart Chaos dread that comes with the parts to make a variety of chaos dreadnoughts.

The other possibility is FW release a new one along with the HH story progress, but that might not be for a million years since they're not even through the legion lists during the crusade.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Since you asked...

This would loving rule

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
I finished my first cult leman russ, it's been pretty bonkers but only ever hits with mm sponsons

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are furies trash? They cost 12 points each for this:

They seem like trash. However, I've been trying to think how I can work some into my Night Lords (when I get back around to them) as a gimmick summoned unit. My plan would be to use the WHFB Spirit Hosts and split them up so each base would be three separate furies. 9 from each box. I'd paint them up in a bunch of dark greys to look like shadowy spookghosts. I don't know what else I could count them as, the rules for furies fit almost perfectly, but having to set aside 12 points per spookghost looks like a rip off. Am I wrong?

Not like it really matters. The idea is to be thematic, not necessarily good. :v: This just seemed like a cool idea and I'd like it to be at least moderately effective. I'm going to do it regardless

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Am I the only one that misses Chaos Undivided?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

adamantium|wang posted:

It seems like this big push for Chaos to be the main antagonists would need Chaos Undivided to come back to make them more of a threat. Having your faction really hate a different 25 percent of their own guys is not really a monolithic Evil.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Black Legion is still a thing though isn't it?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

adamantium|wang posted:

I am assuming that the codex will give you access to undivided HQs or rites of war that overcome the animosity and give a more black legion plus subordinates feel.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

adamantium|wang posted:

Nope they really need more/to come back :(

Needs more undivided demons and stuff too

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

JBP posted:

FW doesn't make them. I'm hoping there's a full release for Emperor's Children / Slaanesh marines marines. In the mean time I'd be hoping for a decent multipart Chaos dread that comes with the parts to make a variety of chaos dreadnoughts.

The other possibility is FW release a new one along with the HH story progress, but that might not be for a million years since they're not even through the legion lists during the crusade.

drat. I guess, as it mentions to use the Hellbrute stats, I could just cannibalise two Blastmasters, a doom Siren, and a Hellbrute kit and convert one. . . .

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Xarlaxas posted:

drat. I guess, as it mentions to use the Hellbrute stats, I could just cannibalise two Blastmasters, a doom Siren, and a Hellbrute kit and convert one. . . .

You can buy one on eBay but it's probably fake.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Quite likely, well, I have three of the Dark Vengeance Hellbrutes, and some spare Noise Marine bits: I can take a Sonic Blasters/Blastmasters, cut off the gun part, embed them in the place where the Multi-melta is, and use. . . something for the Doom Siren parts (will need to check my bits box) and then, maybe replace the fist with a Power scourge or something: tentacle arm seems suitably Slaaneshi. :cthulhu:

Looking at the Blastmaster versus the Sonic Gun, I think that the Sonic gun would work best as the "head" is actually bigger than the Blastmaster: that's more long and thin.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

Nope. I wish they'd expand it more. I get that undivided demons aren't really defined like the god-specific ones, but how often does just normal-rear end chaos show up in the fluff? Non-specific, unstructured, etc. Now, I get it from GW's perspective, that poo poo would be hard to represent via models because it's essentially formless and would be impossible to capture properly. I just want something other than furies as the only undivided demons. Also, Malal. :getin:

As for the undivided legions, hopefully they'll get some solid rules in the new chaos marine book that will make them worth playing versus the Big Four. They more or less languished between 3.5 and Traitor's Hate, but we know they're coming this time around. It'd be neat if they include the Red Corsairs or generic renegades too.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

Nope. I wish they'd expand it more. I get that undivided demons aren't really defined like the god-specific ones, but how often does just normal-rear end chaos show up in the fluff? Non-specific, unstructured, etc. Now, I get it from GW's perspective, that poo poo would be hard to represent via models because it's essentially formless and would be impossible to capture properly. I just want something other than furies as the only undivided demons. Also, Malal. :getin:

As for the undivided legions, hopefully they'll get some solid rules in the new chaos marine book that will make them worth playing versus the Big Four. They more or less languished between 3.5 and Traitor's Hate, but we know they're coming this time around. It'd be neat if they include the Red Corsairs or generic renegades too.

In the RPGs they talk about the sorts of generic void demons and such that you can encounter: it wouldn't be too hard for them to create models for them but they'd probably look a bit "generic hellish creature" which might not excite the designers too much.

For Undivided Chaos Warbands, or even Renegade/not particularly worshipful ones, I think it would be cool if they could get some Chapter Tactics-style stuff going for them.

That would be my dream: rules for the main 4-God Legions: Death Guard, World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, then rules for undivided and "make your own chaos warband" stuff.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Furies, be'lakor, the soul grinder, mauler/forgefiends, the helldrake, anything possessed really and at a stretch chaos spawn are all examples of undivided chaos beasties I would guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Hamshot posted:

Furies, be'lakor, the soul grinder, mauler/forgefiends, the helldrake, anything possessed really and at a stretch chaos spawn are all examples of undivided chaos beasties I would guess.

My brain is dumb today it seems. :downs: Yeah, all of those could be modified/added to to make a "Chaos Demons Undivided" force. That would be pretty bad-rear end too.