Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

YellerBill posted:

real post: is SKSE for SE still in "eventually, maybe, whenever we get around to it, don't wait up" territory or have they started actually working on it
It's kind of both. Work is being done on both F4SE and SKSE64, but don't wait up.
People are freaking out now because apparently everyone expected the SKSE port to be a simple matter of find-replacing Skyrim with SkyrimSE. Also one of the devs gave a deadline for a beta back in march which they obviously didn't make. But the development of the script extenders has always been intermittent. With the main devs disappearing for months or longer, so there being silence isn't anything new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Iunnrais posted:

They worked on it for a while, real life took over, and then decided that if they don't have the time to work on it, no one does, and turned down all offers of help, because it's their baby, and they are special snowflakes who own possession over the project, etc etc etc.

I sincerely doubt they will ever get back to it.

Hey, could you warn somebody before you make a post like that? I have high blood pressure and I need to limit my salt intake.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
At least, whining about SKSE64 on an internet forum will make it arrive faster. So there's that.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
What's the easiest way to just skip The Way of the Voice (in Special Edition)? I love Thunderchild but getting it started is always tedious.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
PSA: Beyond Skyrim - Bruma is a very good mod.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alasyre posted:

PSA: Beyond Skyrim - Bruma is a very good mod.

Ya apparently its like 2-3x bigger than the Dragonborn dlc in terms of content. I might install Skyrim again to try that out.

Don't think there will ever be a full Tamriel game now with ESO, so this is the closest to a singleplayer version we will get unless you count Daggerfall.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Ulio posted:

Ya apparently its like 2-3x bigger than the Dragonborn dlc in terms of content. I might install Skyrim again to try that out.

Don't think there will ever be a full Tamriel game now with ESO, so this is the closest to a singleplayer version we will get unless you count Daggerfall Arena.

I don't know if it's 2-3x bigger than Dragonborn, but it's pretty large (Maybe the full Cyrodiil project is, but not Bruma) and the landscape and asset work is really good. The voice acting is, for the most part, very well done. Some of the quality is slightly off, and a few characters (to me) have voices that don't quite match. If you've played Interesting NPCs or any of the voiced follower mods, you'll recognize most of the VAs. The quests fit right into Skyrim; nothing incredible but nothing really stupid either.

Basically it feels like a natural extension of the game, for me.

If you start a new character to play it you can just jump right in (the conversation to get you in is kind of dumb) but if you use ASIS you might want to exclude Ogres and Minotaurs since they are basically Giants lite and I now have about a million of them running across the province.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Playable landmass is about 1.5 times larger than Solstheim. I was not a fan of the intro quest at all. Wanted all that to be on the other side of the gate and let people access everything asap but hey, Serpents Trail is a really cool dungeon so forcing most players through there isn't the worst thing in the world.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I was talking about the Legate at the gate who lets you in after you tell him you're in the Legion (regardless of whether or not you are). It just seems tacked on, but I assume it will change with alater release. I never went through Serpents Trail to get in (and it is a cool dungeon). I did enjoy the quest where you find out that Nord really joined the Stormcloaks and died since I was expecting him to not be a "traitor." You guys should be very proud and I hope this release has given you all renewed vigor to make it to the complete release. I'm particularly excited about Cyrodiil and Illiac Bay.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Ah - that second spoiler is actually the only quest I mostly wrote and one of the first we actually did - glad you enjoyed it! Pretty early on it was clear that managing the team and merging into the esm was more than enough to fill up the time I had on the project, so I shifted towards that. The condition on that line is looking at the wrong stage of the vanilla quest. I think its being addressed in 1.3 but I'll report it for 1.4 if not. Pretty sure that one is my fault.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Emerson Cod posted:

Ah - that second spoiler is actually the only quest I mostly wrote and one of the first we actually did - glad you enjoyed it! Pretty early on it was clear that managing the team and merging into the esm was more than enough to fill up the time I had on the project, so I shifted towards that. The condition on that line is looking at the wrong stage of the vanilla quest. I think its being addressed in 1.3 but I'll report it for 1.4 if not. Pretty sure that one is my fault.

any word on anime cat tit support for BEYOND SKYRIM ~~~~ BRUMA goon sir?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Argonian tits are more lore friendly.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Gyshall posted:

any word on anime cat tit support for BEYOND SKYRIM ~~~~ BRUMA goon sir?

No official support - only disapproving glares.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Argonian tits are more lore friendly.

No - Argonians are reptilian and don't have mammary glands.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Emerson Cod posted:

I thought Argonians were hosed up swamp trees.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think they were lizards hosed up by swamp trees.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Emerson Cod posted:

They still have boobs, though. The Hist trees want Argonian women to be shapely and curvaceous so that they'll save the art department a lot of time and money by not having to duplicate all the women's clothing and armor meshes integrate better in human/elven society.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
lol if your anime cat tits aren't so enormous that nothing can support them.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Alasyre posted:

lol if your anime cat tits aren't so enormous that nothing can support them.

I prefer realistic breast sizes in my fantasy games, thank you.

Also they have to jiggle just right or it ruins my immersion.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CBBE immersive HDT enabled lore friendly cat tit jiggle physics

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I feel sorry for those whose understanding of breast physics is limited by their own feeble imaginations; the addition of an extra 4 gigs of memory and an updated graphics card is, in my opinion, a small price to pay when running the latest nightly build of Realistic Tit Bounce from Lovers Lab dot com.

I trust in their credentials implicitly. No other mod has yet to show such rigorous attention to movement detail in 3D space, as well as accurate...heft. :kiss:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TheObserver posted:

I feel sorry for those whose understanding of breast physics is limited by their own feeble imaginations; the addition of an extra 4 gigs of memory and an updated graphics card is, in my opinion, a small price to pay when running the latest nightly build of Realistic Tit Bounce from Lovers Lab dot com.

I trust in their credentials implicitly. No other mod has yet to show such rigorous attention to movement detail in 3D space, as well as accurate...heft. :kiss:

Wait, it's 'Lovers Lab'?

poo poo, I always thought it was Lover Slab, figured they were into necro poo poo as well as everything else.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mister Adequate posted:

Wait, it's 'Lovers Lab'?

poo poo, I always thought it was Lover Slab, figured they were into necro poo poo as well as everything else.

It is Lovers Lab yeah but they are into necro poo poo as well as everything else

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How does Bruma compare to Enderal? Because Enderal is extremely my poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sebmojo posted:

How does Bruma compare to Enderal? Because Enderal is extremely my poo poo.

enderal is poop in a toilet
bruma is a fine wine paired with a rare cheese

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

Wait, it's 'Lovers Lab'?

Everyone calls it the 'Slab though.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Bruma is equivalent to a really, REALLY high-quality Dragonborn-like DLC. The voice acting is good, the music is good, the writing is good, it's got memorable characters, the whole shebang. The one thing that sets it apart is that it's obvious the team didn't have access to Bethesda's resources in terms of audio- the music is really good but they don't have access to a full loving orchestra like Jeremy Soule does, for example. Likewise the VAs have a range like Skyrim does where some are better than others, and a few don't have access to a recording studio (the audio sounds just a touch off, which, being a mod, is not a big deal because it's a mod and it was free.)

If I had one... statement (it's not a complaint by any measure, in fact I think I'm going to settle on it being a gigantic compliment), it's that the city of Bruma is pretty much identical to Oblivion. Like, in Dragonborn, if I showed a person who was familiar with Raven Rock from Bloodmoon a picture of Raven Rock from Dragonborn, they'd probably not be able to tell. If I showed a person who knew Bruma from Oblivion a picture of Bruma in this mod they'd know immediately. If I dropped them at the loving gates of the city and said 'go to the dungeon' they'd be able to navigate there strictly by memory of Oblivion's Bruma. You enter the barracks in the castle and it looks virtually identical. As far as this is a 'problem' (and I don't consider it one, for the love of god I literally feel like this is perfect in the city) it stops outside the gates, where things are redone in style. The Jerrall Mountains don't look like Oblivion's Really Big Hills. They look like Skyrim's mountains. Things are in their general places in Oblivion (the big broad road up to the SUUUPER SECRET fortress of the Blades is gone... and Cloud Ruler is a ruin, too, for that matter (as described in Skyrim's lore)).

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Did they put that awesome wizard tower from the Oblivion DLC in?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yes. It's there, quite visible, and will apparently be heavily involved in a storyline in the full release.

It's not (currently) a player home any more.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Double Punctuation posted:

Did they put that awesome wizard tower from the Oblivion DLC in?

More importantly, is there Brandy in the basement and does the bruma teleport pad work? That was a neat bit of lore friendly fast travel that I enjoyed a lot and really helped it be my #1 player home despite being far more out of the way than say the knights of the Thorne or knights of the nine clubhouses.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sky Shadowing posted:

Bruma is equivalent to a really, REALLY high-quality Dragonborn-like DLC. The voice acting is good, the music is good, the writing is good, it's got memorable characters, the whole shebang. The one thing that sets it apart is that it's obvious the team didn't have access to Bethesda's resources in terms of audio- the music is really good but they don't have access to a full loving orchestra like Jeremy Soule does, for example. Likewise the VAs have a range like Skyrim does where some are better than others, and a few don't have access to a recording studio (the audio sounds just a touch off, which, being a mod, is not a big deal because it's a mod and it was free.)

If I had one... statement (it's not a complaint by any measure, in fact I think I'm going to settle on it being a gigantic compliment), it's that the city of Bruma is pretty much identical to Oblivion. Like, in Dragonborn, if I showed a person who was familiar with Raven Rock from Bloodmoon a picture of Raven Rock from Dragonborn, they'd probably not be able to tell. If I showed a person who knew Bruma from Oblivion a picture of Bruma in this mod they'd know immediately. If I dropped them at the loving gates of the city and said 'go to the dungeon' they'd be able to navigate there strictly by memory of Oblivion's Bruma. You enter the barracks in the castle and it looks virtually identical. As far as this is a 'problem' (and I don't consider it one, for the love of god I literally feel like this is perfect in the city) it stops outside the gates, where things are redone in style. The Jerrall Mountains don't look like Oblivion's Really Big Hills. They look like Skyrim's mountains. Things are in their general places in Oblivion (the big broad road up to the SUUUPER SECRET fortress of the Blades is gone... and Cloud Ruler is a ruin, too, for that matter (as described in Skyrim's lore)).

That sounds genuinely impressive as hell. I wouldn't want them to make all the cities the same as Oblivion but just demonstrating they can make a recreation that good shows they really have a handle on using the mod tools, if nothing else. Combined with all the other praise I'm eager to try the mod once it gets a SSE version! (For others who may be wondering, their Nexus page says they'll be working on the Special Edition version once the current version has had some patching work done.)

orange juche posted:

Everyone calls it the 'Slab though.

That is almost certainly how I came to think that.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What is the current opinion of PerMa? I watched some review videos but they are pretty old and meanwhile it looks like the mod has been updated until recently.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Seashell Salesman posted:

What is the current opinion of PerMa? I watched some review videos but they are pretty old and meanwhile it looks like the mod has been updated until recently.

does nothing that other mods haven't done better

is also now not being developed any more

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

does nothing that other mods haven't done better

Which mods do the same things better?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

That sounds genuinely impressive as hell. I wouldn't want them to make all the cities the same as Oblivion but just demonstrating they can make a recreation that good shows they really have a handle on using the mod tools, if nothing else. Combined with all the other praise I'm eager to try the mod once it gets a SSE version! (For others who may be wondering, their Nexus page says they'll be working on the Special Edition version once the current version has had some patching work done.)

That is almost certainly how I came to think that.

I've been perched in their Discord for the past week and the general word currently is that once they release patch 1.3 the SSE version will follow.

I hand converted as an experiment and had few problems so it should be a pretty quick move.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Which mods do the same things better?

The most often-cited perk mods in this thread are Ordinator and SPERG.

SPERG is what you want if you want your perks to be kind of like vanilla, but better. (One of the big things it does is gives you a bunch of "this should really just be baked into the skill" perks for free at various skill milestones.) Also you can get an animal companion.

Ordinator is what you want if you want more interesting (sometimes gimmicky) stuff. It tends to favor more specialized builds. Also you can build a dwarven artillery gun.

They're both good. And there's a patch that merges them together if you want. They also both have Special Edition versions (though apparently the SPERG SE port is a bit fiddly and not 100% functional. I don't use SE so I don't really know details, that's just going off what I heard.)

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

docbeard posted:

The most often-cited perk mods in this thread are Ordinator and SPERG.

SPERG is what you want if you want your perks to be kind of like vanilla, but better. (One of the big things it does is gives you a bunch of "this should really just be baked into the skill" perks for free at various skill milestones.) Also you can get an animal companion.

Ordinator is what you want if you want more interesting (sometimes gimmicky) stuff. It tends to favor more specialized builds. Also you can build a dwarven artillery gun.

They're both good. And there's a patch that merges them together if you want. They also both have Special Edition versions (though apparently the SPERG SE port is a bit fiddly and not 100% functional. I don't use SE so I don't really know details, that's just going off what I heard.)

I've used SPERG several times and it was an improvement over vanilla but it didn't really do much to address my disappointment with the shallowness of progression in combat abilities (and that's not a knock to it, I don't think it was trying to address that specifically). I'll take a look at Ordinator. Requiem looks like it has the potential to make the progression something enjoyable to me, or it could just make it worse.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I've used SPERG several times and it was an improvement over vanilla but it didn't really do much to address my disappointment with the shallowness of progression in combat abilities (and that's not a knock to it, I don't think it was trying to address that specifically). I'll take a look at Ordinator. Requiem looks like it has the potential to make the progression something enjoyable to me, or it could just make it worse.

don't play requiem if you like fun

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ordinator is very good, I have changed from SPERG to all of Enai's mods (six total?) and have been pretty happy with it thus far.

I do think I'll try running the SPERG/Ordinator patch just because I like both mods so much, and the concept of what SPERG does combined with how interesting Ordinator perks are is a good idea.

Seconding Requiem being a bit too obtuse for Skyrim engine/game systems. It is a large and impressive undertaking, but not enjoyable to play (at least the first 25 levels or so, I never really get further than that since you always end up "god like" regardless of overhaul mods)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Ordinator is very good, I have changed from SPERG to all of Enai's mods (six total?) and have been pretty happy with it thus far.

I do think I'll try running the SPERG/Ordinator patch just because I like both mods so much, and the concept of what SPERG does combined with how interesting Ordinator perks are is a good idea.

Seconding Requiem being a bit too obtuse for Skyrim engine/game systems. It is a large and impressive undertaking, but not enjoyable to play (at least the first 25 levels or so, I never really get further than that since you always end up "god like" regardless of overhaul mods)

Fixing the levels of enemies seems in principle like it would be fun because you'd be able to do stuff like strategically go after weaker enemies at lower levels, judge how tough enemies are by what kind of thing they are, and eventually get (permanently) stronger than particular enemy types. That kind of progression is at least fun in other RPGs. Is the start of the game just too much of a grind as a result of the way this is implemented?