Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tonight's Best Match Will Be:
This poll is closed.
Brock vs Joe 25 27.78%
Roman vs Braun 15 16.67%
Seth vs Bray 1 1.11%
Alexa vs Sasha 10 11.11%
Iron Man Tag Match 9 10.00%
Enzo vs Big Cass 7 7.78%
The Miz vs Ambrose 3 3.33%
Neville vs Tozawa 20 22.22%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Uhhh...have you seen Rollins lately? He's boring as gently caress.

I confess I have not, tonight's the first show in a long while and I figured Wyatt/Rollins was just one of those times where wrestlers don't click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!

Dango Bango posted:

Is it just the people they have on Raw Talk tonight? Why is this SO MUCH WORSE than Talking Smack from a wrestler promo standpoint?

It's the people. Daniel Bryan makes everything better.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
alright bo lets see if you can redeem this shitshow

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

everything says roman heel turn but he's totally going to play babyface tomorrow

He's going to show up and fake cry before acting like a big tough bad dog who is totally cool and now he has an edge to him, right? and we should all cheer him even though he tried to murder a man.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Paul Heyman, much like Brock, has all the ABILITY to put on all-time classics but has been a lazy, one-note hack for years.

Be that as may, one note is still better than the musical equivalent of Roman Reigns, which is the sound of two cats loving three cats.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

talking smack also has DBry, and it suffers when someone else cohosts

but also these guests are bad

Best ever Raw Talk was that section of the first one where Jericho and Owens showed up and hijacked the show. It was the only time it ever felt like the bizarre improvisational feel that a lot of Talking Smack (with Bryan) has.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VJeff posted:

Yeah but dude you get that Brock's matches are like that so Roman will look SO COOL AND STRONG AND BIG DOG AND YARD when he lasts more than five minutes with Lesnar, right? Brock murdered Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose and Samoa Joe and Goldberg but -- my god -- he's suplexing Roman and ROMAN IS LAUGHING?! HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY BE LAUGHING?!

At least I can fuckin hate Roman guts and boo the hell out of him because he's *present.*

I just don't give a poo poo about Lesnar at all because he shows up every 3 or 4 months to wrestle a 12 minute match where he does german suplexes over and over again.

I'll take the former any day, even if the booking is infuriating.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Best ever Raw Talk was that section of the first one where Jericho and Owens showed up and hijacked the show. It was the only time it ever felt like the bizarre improvisational feel that a lot of Talking Smack (with Bryan) has.

That's kind of what I was wondering when I posted earlier -- they're sticking way too close to the script on Raw Talk.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Writer Cath posted:

I feel like not moving Seth or Balor to Smackdown was a huge mistake.

oh boy even more people to have in multi-man matches while jinder fights one person for like three months

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Roman is at least there. He at least has a shitload of matches. He has different matches with different guys, even though he has a formula. Brock is boring, lazy, has a top title, only shows up about 4 times a year, and it's the same poo poo every time.

personally i think it would be great if Roman was there much less, or even not at all.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Why didn't Goldberg do this match instead

Would anything have been different if Lesnar hadn't won at Mania?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

Be that as may, one note is still better than the musical equivalent of Roman Reigns, which is the sound of two cats loving three cats.

Nope. People overrate Brock/Heyman and underrate Roman, though they both have many of the same issues.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

That's kind of what I was wondering when I posted earlier -- they're sticking way too close to the script on Raw Talk.

err that last interview didnt seem like something they'd put in a script

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

I don't know, Sasha just poo poo on the whole build for her match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yay, Miz here to troll Renee again! :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree and I've been saying this for months but Roman still does more for me than Brock in July 2017 and has for a while.

Professor Funk posted:

At least I can fuckin hate Roman guts and boo the hell out of him because he's *present.*

I just don't give a poo poo about Lesnar at all because he shows up every 3 or 4 months to wrestle a 12 minute match where he does german suplexes over and over again.

I'll take the former any day, even if the booking is infuriating.

Granted. Roman is way more present than Brock and he regularly has Good-to-Great TV and PPV matches. I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page with what the reality of the booking is.

And I mean, if they finally loving Did The Thing with Roman tonight, then he could actually be unironically great, now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
SLAP HIM AGAIN, RENEE. :mad:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Yes Miz shut Rosenberg up!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like 20 guys who have been there longer than you, Miz.

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

VJeff posted:

And I mean, if they finally loving Did The Thing with Roman tonight, then he could actually be unironically great, now.

He still has the mountain to climb of not being great on the mike, especially since it's on the heels most of the time to really carry that.

(Give Roman Heyman - er I mean heel Enzo - I mean Titus O'Neil)

KirbyJ fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 10, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

hahahahaha the miz always trolls renee

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Turning Cass is monstrously stupid, but having Enzo insist on fighting him without a literal shopping cart full of weapons to even the odds up is just as stupid.

A guy who talks as much poo poo as Enzo does would roll with at least two baseball bats at all times

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i cant tell if bo is trying to avoid corpsing or if he's just stoned

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
They should pay cm punk what they pay lesnar but have him wrestle full time

Hot take

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miz is great.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Neodoomium posted:

Turning Cass is monstrously stupid, but having Enzo insist on fighting him without a literal shopping cart full of weapons to even the odds up is just as stupid.

A guy who talks as much poo poo as Enzo does would roll with at least two baseball bats at all times

That's going to be summerslam if they have any loving sense

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Methhead biker Bo is the best Bo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sasha Banks loving sucks and Alexa is better in every way except not botching to death.

She cant even do a shoot promo without loving it up

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

beergod posted:

Hot take

and let daniel bryan wrestle again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

beergod posted:

Hot take

That reminds me, remember The Beast vs The Best? That match loving ruled.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Soak it in, maaaaaaaaan.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i am way down with the mizterage. miz is so loving good.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That's going to be summerslam if they have any loving sense

Yeah, they could build to that tomorrow if Cass comes out to gloat and Enzo just lights him up with a chair for a few minutes.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

that match was the match that convinced me that wrestling could be cool and i should continue to watch it

and it's been all downhill ever since. brock's crimes know no bounds

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was a shockingly good promo from Curtis "The beginning of the start of the origin of the start of the genesis" Axel.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
wwe has not been worth watching since cm punk and daniel bryan died

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

That was the last great solo match Brock had except MAYBE the Taker HIAC.

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

that match was the match that convinced me that wrestling could be cool and i should continue to watch it

and it's been all downhill ever since. brock's crimes know no bounds

haven't you heard, punk was carried to every good match he ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VJeff posted:

Granted. Roman is way more present than Brock and he regularly has Good-to-Great TV and PPV matches. I just wanna make sure we're all on the same page with what the reality of the booking is.

:agreed:

Roman's booking is terrible and frustrating, and it's no coincidence that (I think) he's gotten a lot better since they've made a genuine effort to build up Braun as his nemesis/rival. If they book the aftermath of tonight right, it could be great.

• Locked thread