Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CCW stories: while waiting on a guy once, he was chatting with a woman standing right next to him about stuff he saw as a prison guard. She had kinda started it by asking if men claim to be trans to get special treatment, but he segued onto a time a guy was going to visit his son. He puts his keys, wallet, etc on a tray. Guard asks him if that's everything, he says yes and walks through the metal detector which promptly goes off. Guard asks him again, guy shows the gun and says "well I have a permit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

I hope this idiot was banned, and other offices were warned about it. Jesus gently caress, this is one of my legit concerns working as a cook at a hospital now. Some random rear end in a top hat with a CCW coming in and doing something unbelievably stupid.

I'm more worried about that happening than a Code Yellow, Silver, or Black.

If you didn't already, you should also come share this in Healthcare Horror Stories

Can't say much but yes he was banned, yes the police were contacted, and yes he got what was coming to him through the legal process in terms of being a complete loving idiot.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Currently getting paid $12.15/hr to sit on my rear end and do nothing because my department has nothing to do and our web based training is down so I can't catch up on my trainings :toot:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Talked to the store manager about Saturday night (see my ALL CAPS post above and the one after), all he said was that if it happens again at least stick around for the cops.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Avalanche posted:

gently caress the "the customer is always right" mantra; it's permeating through too much of society now at least in America to the point where healthcare is seen as just another product where the end goal is not to make the patient well, but to make the 'customer' happy.

I sort of get where you're coming from and your perfectly constructed examples are hard to argue against, but holy hell you do not get to complain about "customers" when you're in the medical industry, the industry itself is the definition of the problem. Actually affect a positive outcome once or twice instead of making people sicker while bankrupting them, until then you're gonna get a whole shitload of disrespect on the regular.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You, uh, you got any information to back that strawman up with, or?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Had someone hit full marks for being an rear end in a top hat customer today. He bought a '69 barracuda and very blatantly knew loving nothing about it. Came in for new wheel bearings, didn't know what the race even looked like for it, nor how to remove it. Then whined about it being expensive when I said it should be pressed in and out of the hub on the rotor. Then whined about it being hard work when I explained how he could do it with a bearing driver, sledge hammer and brass punch/drift. He decided gently caress it, he'll buy a willwood kit for the vehicle because its totally only like $500. (Its closer to 700 for a kit like what he has on the vehicle now, 2k for an actual upgraded kit)

Cue him saying he just wants a replacement brake hardline for the vehicle, so I grab a short length of premade straight line with fittings on it and as I'm coming up, I see him standing up with a hotwheels package from in front of the register we were at. I show him the line and he he immediately asks if its bendable. I tell him it is and he proceeds to try bending the line by hand, which the way he did it is almost certainly gonna make it kink even if he actually tries bending it properly. I ask him if thats it, he says sure, just the brake line. Ring him out for the line, step to my drawer at the next register over to grab his change and see him stuff the hot wheels package in the bag he brought the rotor in with. Walk back over, hand him his change and reach over to move the bag and make sure the hot wheels package was in there before asking him if he planned on buying it or if I should just call the cops now.

Soon as he sees me start messing with the bag, he yanks the package out with a "OH MY GOD, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS CAN YOU RING ME OUT FOR THIS?" Yeah, sure rear end in a top hat.

I should have let him try walking out so I had an excuse to call the sheriff's office out here and press charges over a sub $5 roll of hot wheels track tape. Because during this 15 minute interaction, you were a complete rear end in a top hat about being told what you asked, you're going to drive on a gacked wheel bearing until it fails and you made several negative remarks about my appearance while also somehow managing to be a condescending prick about me being good at my job. And you're loving thief who acts like a smug prick about owning a classic car without knowing how to maintain it in the least.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Medical (incl. pharmacy) is a bit better than pure retail, not because the customers are any better behaved but because their porcine squeals hit a nice hard wall of apathy and/or legality.

Had some worthless poo poo scream at me for several minutes because I told him his inhaler had a co-pay of two (2) dollars. I eventually got through that that was Medicare's doing, not the pharmacy randomly charging him two (2!!!!!!!!!) dollars and he switched to yelling that he'd call them cause "I AIN'T AFRAID TO CHEW SOMEBODY'S rear end".

Came back later and paid the two (2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) dollars, because turns out Medicare doesn't give a poo poo if you're a pissbaby. I really wanted to ask him how the rear end-chewing went.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Byzantine posted:

Medical (incl. pharmacy) is a bit better than pure retail, not because the customers are any better behaved but because their porcine squeals hit a nice hard wall of apathy and/or legality.

Had some worthless poo poo scream at me for several minutes because I told him his inhaler had a co-pay of two (2) dollars. I eventually got through that that was Medicare's doing, not the pharmacy randomly charging him two (2!!!!!!!!!) dollars and he switched to yelling that he'd call them cause "I AIN'T AFRAID TO CHEW SOMEBODY'S rear end".

Came back later and paid the two (2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) dollars, because turns out Medicare doesn't give a poo poo if you're a pissbaby. I really wanted to ask him how the rear end-chewing went.

Customers walking in and declaring "JUST SO YOU KNOW I ALWAYS PAY $1.00 FOR EVERY PRESCRIPTION" never end up paying only $1.00 for their prescription

"Ok we ran your insurance and your total is $10.00"

"WHAT? HOW CAN THAT BE?"

"Do you have your insurance card?"

"NO YOU HAVE IT"

"The one on file probably expired last year since you haven't been here since then"

"I AIN'T GOT TIME TO GO HOME"

::30 minutes later::

"Ok we called your insurance company and got your new information, your total is $2.00"

"WHAT? I ONLY PAY $1.00"

"You have a new plan, and your copay is $2.00"

::pulls out $2.00::

"THIS IS JUST BENADRYL! MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED ME BENADRYL? I STOOD IN LINE FOR 6 HOURS IN THE ER FOR loving BENADRYL? I DON'T WANT IT"

"Ok, have a good day"

::Customer grabs $5.00 box of Bendryl off the shelf::

"WHY ARE YOUR PRICES SO HIGH, JESUS CHRIST"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand repeat

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

I sort of get where you're coming from and your perfectly constructed examples are hard to argue against, but holy hell you do not get to complain about "customers" when you're in the medical industry, the industry itself is the definition of the problem. Actually affect a positive outcome once or twice instead of making people sicker while bankrupting them, until then you're gonna get a whole shitload of disrespect on the regular.

The fact that Walmart makes use of cheap labour and squeezes out small businesses doesn't justify being rude to the employees there, I don't see how the medical industry being poo poo justifies being rude to the people at the clinic. Avalanche and the people working in their clinic don't have any say in how the industry is run, and probably do their best for the people that come to their clinic (hell one of their stories the doc was really nice about someones bill.) It's understandable for people to be frustrated, but there's limits to how far that should go and taking it out on people who have no say or power in the matter doesn't help.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

In basically no case does bullying the cashier or receptionist or whatever do anything but make you look like an rear end in a top hat

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

In basically no case does bullying the cashier or receptionist or whatever do anything but make you look like an rear end in a top hat

This. Look at my name badge, rear end in a top hat, does it look like I RUN this company?

I worked at a for-profit zoo for years. The poo poo that went on there...

Part of my time was working the gift shop. Overcharging people for poo poo toys and plush animals we'd shooed the wild scorpions and mice off of. Explaining that it was cash only because the owner didn't want to pay for a card machine. Check or cash, sorry. Also no outside food allowed. I was called the Food Nazi because I refused everything but baby food. No, dear, I don't think the Doritos family bag is for your one year old. Cheerios? Nope, people throw that poo poo to every animal. Baby food as in the jar stuff.

So one day we had one very pissy lady throwing a fit about something, likely the No Outside Food. She screamed at me, demanded my manager, and screamed at her, and finally demanded to see HER manager. My manager was very chill about calling her manager, M, out to the front gift shop. M listened for about a minute while the lady screamed, ranted, raved, demanded us be fired, that her kid had Special Dietary Needs, etc, and he refused her and told her they could eat outside but not inside. Lady screamed she wanted to speak to HIS manager.

At that point he dropped all pretense of caring and told her, "Ma'am, I OWN THE ZOO. THERE IS NO HIGHER MANAGER."

Customer was stunned for a second, and brought out the trump card: she was going to call a local news station. M gave her their business card and told her he was close friends with the station's owner.

I hated that place. It was levels of horrible. But poo poo some moments were gold. I OWN THE ZOO YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shugojin posted:

At the very least, it lets the employees know to make every attempt to avoid you entirely, or treat you with fake-nice kid gloves when forced to deal with you, and find small ways to be lovely to you that you can't really argue.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

This. Look at my name badge, rear end in a top hat, does it look like I RUN this company?

I worked at a for-profit zoo for years. The poo poo that went on there...

Part of my time was working the gift shop. Overcharging people for poo poo toys and plush animals we'd shooed the wild scorpions and mice off of. Explaining that it was cash only because the owner didn't want to pay for a card machine. Check or cash, sorry. Also no outside food allowed. I was called the Food Nazi because I refused everything but baby food. No, dear, I don't think the Doritos family bag is for your one year old. Cheerios? Nope, people throw that poo poo to every animal. Baby food as in the jar stuff.

So one day we had one very pissy lady throwing a fit about something, likely the No Outside Food. She screamed at me, demanded my manager, and screamed at her, and finally demanded to see HER manager. My manager was very chill about calling her manager, M, out to the front gift shop. M listened for about a minute while the lady screamed, ranted, raved, demanded us be fired, that her kid had Special Dietary Needs, etc, and he refused her and told her they could eat outside but not inside. Lady screamed she wanted to speak to HIS manager.

At that point he dropped all pretense of caring and told her, "Ma'am, I OWN THE ZOO. THERE IS NO HIGHER MANAGER."

Customer was stunned for a second, and brought out the trump card: she was going to call a local news station. M gave her their business card and told her he was close friends with the station's owner.

I hated that place. It was levels of horrible. But poo poo some moments were gold. I OWN THE ZOO YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

I OWN THE ZOO needs to be final response/supervisor response as a default.

"Hey, why won't you let me pump three gallons of gas into this trash bag?"

"I spend $3.28 here every week, I'm your best customer, give me free poo poo"

"What do you mean, you're refusing this return? It was on fire when I bought it!"

"I OWN THE ZOO, GET OUT."

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Pryor on Fire posted:

You mean by doing such things as contacting people's doctors because of allergies, drug interactions, clarification on dosing, medications not covered, requiring prior authorizations, or being too expensive? Spending time informing and registering patients for manufacturer's coupons to save them hundreds of dollars on their meds? Calling their insurance companies when they need early fills for their vacations or they've lost their medication? Calling other chains to get their insurance information because they don't have it with them and don't know who their carrier is? Giving them a few pills without charge on their maintenance medications over the weekend which they saw they were running out of and stated didn't have refills so they don't die? Pushing fills through as quickly as we can when someone's spent a long day at the hospital?

The industry is creating some of our own problems. It's our fault for incorporating metrics. It's our fault we started doing patient surveys. It's our fault we're not demanding fair pay.

Patients have 5 rights: the right patient, the right drug, the right dose, the right route, and the right time. You do not have the right to start cursing me out after wasting my time going in circles about how the automated system said your medication was scheduled to be filled but it isn't when you called to check and I'm merely agreeing that it's unusual, offering to fill it, and asking when you would like to pick it up. :fuckoff:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Phone call the other day!
:cripes: "Thank you for calling [box store], how can I help you?"
:j: "Hi, yeah, I bought this product, it was, like, [clearance price] and I need like 2 more boxes for a project and [otherstore] said you had them..."
:cripes: "Okay, sure, let me check... do you have the name or model number?"
:j: *gives random number which turns out to be internet number... because she's looking at the website... which SAYS it's not sold in stores...*
:cripes: "I see, that one is no longer sold in stores around here. I don't have any in stock, I'm very sorry."
:j: "Okay, well, can you match [clearance pricing] online? (No). Oh, well, can you check all your other stores?"
[repeat that it isn't sold in stores any more four different ways, get asked four different ways to check stock in other stores]
:j: "Because I'm looking at your website, but you can use YOUR system to look and see if anyone else has it for [clearance price], right???
(I can only see stock in our 1/2 of the district by default, and have to manually look up and input store numbers to check other places. The pricing at other stores does NOT show, and I'm busy and do not have time to hunt down 2 cases of clearance product which likely doesn't exist).
:cripes: "I'm very sorry, but I can't find it anywhere I've looked. Your best bet is to call up every store and ask them personally."
:j: "Oh, well I can't do that. Can't you check?"

....:fuckoff:

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Faerunner posted:

:cripes: "I'm very sorry, but I can't find it anywhere I've looked. Your best bet is to call up every store and ask them personally."

"Oh, certainly - our procedure for that doesn't honor clearance prices, however, and there's a 20% surcharge based off the total pricing that must be paid in advance, no matter the result of the search, may I have your credit-card number please?"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Faerunner posted:

Phone call the other day!
:cripes: "Thank you for calling [box store], how can I help you?"
:j: "Hi, yeah, I bought this product, it was, like, [clearance price] and I need like 2 more boxes for a project and [otherstore] said you had them..."
:cripes: "Okay, sure, let me check... do you have the name or model number?"
:j: *gives random number which turns out to be internet number... because she's looking at the website... which SAYS it's not sold in stores...*
:cripes: "I see, that one is no longer sold in stores around here. I don't have any in stock, I'm very sorry."
:j: "Okay, well, can you match [clearance pricing] online? (No). Oh, well, can you check all your other stores?"
[repeat that it isn't sold in stores any more four different ways, get asked four different ways to check stock in other stores]
:j: "Because I'm looking at your website, but you can use YOUR system to look and see if anyone else has it for [clearance price], right???
(I can only see stock in our 1/2 of the district by default, and have to manually look up and input store numbers to check other places. The pricing at other stores does NOT show, and I'm busy and do not have time to hunt down 2 cases of clearance product which likely doesn't exist).

Clearance is special, they have their own SKU's that don't show up in a search. Clearance items are also store specific.

This was true when I work at a big book store and it's plausible enough for you.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Goddamn ASM...

Him: Hey can you clean X tonight?

Me: Yeah sure no worries *cleans X*

Him next day: Hey, why wasn't X and Y cleaned like I asked yesterday?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Beastie posted:

Clearance is special, they have their own SKU's that don't show up in a search. Clearance items are also store specific.

This was true when I work at a big book store and it's plausible enough for you.

Right, but can you just search them?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Medicine is a loving mess and the "industrialization" of it is horrible.

However, I do believe I have the right to complain as much as I want as patient attitudes are only made worse by larger for-profit medical institutions and retail culture that actively screw with the definition of a "positive outcome" which in the end gets people hurt.

Should we NOT tell a morbidly obese individual: "Yes you are fat and are in-fact really really fat. You are so loving fat that if you don't make changes in your lifestyle NOW, you will shorten your life expectancy by 20-30 years. This is a colossal problem even if you don't believe it is and will only further reduce your quality of life if left alone. Still don't believe this is a problem? Here's 10+ test results and observations that demonstrate otherwise. Now, here's 5 different options on how you can lose enough weight to live a healthy life and live a good life to the point where your present medical condition x, y, z, a, b, and c are fully reversed/in-remission/under complete control. We will also help get you to the right people to support you along the way (psychologist, PT, dietitian, psychiatrist if needed, social worker if needed) as you are likely to experience many pitfalls with this process. That is ok and to be expected as these lifestyle changes will NOT be easy. But you have to be willing work with everyone trying to help you (including us), listen to what they are telling you to do (including us), and be honest with everyone trying to help you (including us)."

???

Being frank with people leads to positive medical outcomes in most cases as the initial shock can sometimes snap them out of denial so long as you quickly follow-up with a concrete plan of action. Yes, they may get their feelings hurt a bit, but it does get them motivated to do things which ultimately prevents really bad medical stuff from happening down the road that either significantly reduces their quality of life or flat out kills them. Often however the denial is so strong you can't get people to change no matter how much you try to hammer facts into their heads. Or the denial is strong, they tear into you, and maybe 1-2 years down the road what you told them initially starts to stick or something really bad did happen like a stroke, and they come back ready to tackle the issue head on. This leads to bad patient reviews.

Or we could coddle every patient we see, tell them that being 352 pounds is 'ok', there's nothing to worry about, everything's going to be ok, here's a bunch of meds to take to make everything ok. Will see you in 1 month to repeat that insurance billing to again tell you that your obvious major health issues are nothing to worry about, and everything's going to be ok, and get you more refills on your everything's just fine meds. This leads to amazing reviews and maybe a perceived 'positive' outcome which is anything but in reality. Or I guess I could just give everyone Morphine which would lead to incredible reviews and perceived 'positive' outcomes.

Retail puts the coddling into overdrive to the point where people are conditioned to be treated as princes and princesses where ever they go as their opinion is the law of the land. This makes the jobs for people in medicine much more difficult as you have to shut these attitudes down first or else the patient just ends up just dictating their own care. None of us get any jollies off of presenting hard, concrete facts and coming off as stern assholes, but often this is the only way to stop self-destructive behaviors and to start getting someone on the path to wellness.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Over the last two months, my area of the store has had two people moved to another department and three people quit, with only one new person brought in.

Back to School season is upon us and we are drowning in backstock yet no one cares or expects us to work even harder. :v:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Avalanche posted:

Medicine is a loving mess and the "industrialization" of it is horrible.

However, I do believe I have the right to complain as much as I want as patient attitudes are only made worse by larger for-profit medical institutions and retail culture that actively screw with the definition of a "positive outcome" which in the end gets people hurt.

Should we NOT tell a morbidly obese individual: "Yes you are fat and are in-fact really really fat. You are so loving fat that if you don't make changes in your lifestyle NOW, you will shorten your life expectancy by 20-30 years. This is a colossal problem even if you don't believe it is and will only further reduce your quality of life if left alone. Still don't believe this is a problem? Here's 10+ test results and observations that demonstrate otherwise. Now, here's 5 different options on how you can lose enough weight to live a healthy life and live a good life to the point where your present medical condition x, y, z, a, b, and c are fully reversed/in-remission/under complete control. We will also help get you to the right people to support you along the way (psychologist, PT, dietitian, psychiatrist if needed, social worker if needed) as you are likely to experience many pitfalls with this process. That is ok and to be expected as these lifestyle changes will NOT be easy. But you have to be willing work with everyone trying to help you (including us), listen to what they are telling you to do (including us), and be honest with everyone trying to help you (including us)."

???

Being frank with people leads to positive medical outcomes in most cases as the initial shock can sometimes snap them out of denial so long as you quickly follow-up with a concrete plan of action. Yes, they may get their feelings hurt a bit, but it does get them motivated to do things which ultimately prevents really bad medical stuff from happening down the road that either significantly reduces their quality of life or flat out kills them. Often however the denial is so strong you can't get people to change no matter how much you try to hammer facts into their heads. Or the denial is strong, they tear into you, and maybe 1-2 years down the road what you told them initially starts to stick or something really bad did happen like a stroke, and they come back ready to tackle the issue head on. This leads to bad patient reviews.

Or we could coddle every patient we see, tell them that being 352 pounds is 'ok', there's nothing to worry about, everything's going to be ok, here's a bunch of meds to take to make everything ok. Will see you in 1 month to repeat that insurance billing to again tell you that your obvious major health issues are nothing to worry about, and everything's going to be ok, and get you more refills on your everything's just fine meds. This leads to amazing reviews and maybe a perceived 'positive' outcome which is anything but in reality. Or I guess I could just give everyone Morphine which would lead to incredible reviews and perceived 'positive' outcomes.

Retail puts the coddling into overdrive to the point where people are conditioned to be treated as princes and princesses where ever they go as their opinion is the law of the land. This makes the jobs for people in medicine much more difficult as you have to shut these attitudes down first or else the patient just ends up just dictating their own care. None of us get any jollies off of presenting hard, concrete facts and coming off as stern assholes, but often this is the only way to stop self-destructive behaviors and to start getting someone on the path to wellness.

Many of us have your back here. Dealing with people in your field is similar to dealing with people in retail and i respect what you guys go through. Our customera may have different wants and needs but they have the same, if not worse, lovely attitude and expectations in any medical place.

I also agree with you entirely about being frank with them.

I had a woman earlier today telling me how lovely my store looks whenever she comes in. Said its always messy and no one takes care of anything. All the while shes pulling sheets out of the packs and just stuffing them in the shelves or throwing them on the floor.

So i said "if people, like you, would stop messing everything up it might actually look nice." Appearently this was the wrong use of words because some how it was construed as a 'possible racist remark' by management. So now i hate white people or something?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

The Aardvark posted:

Over the last two months, my area of the store has had two people moved to another department and three people quit, with only one new person brought in.

Back to School season is upon us and we are drowning in backstock yet no one cares or expects us to work even harder. :v:

Are you me?

Also, had two people come in at 10 of closing expecting me to do their print jobs in 5 minutes.

One was 3 copies on cardstock (sorry, I cannot start production after 1hr before close)

The other was a 200 page document. He at least could master our self-serve machines. Which are cheaper anyway.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Customer offered to pay me (or even slip me something under the table) to go out of my way to do something for him that would cost me a headache and a lot of work.

I told him I'd look into what the task required, did so, and called him back to say "look, this is not possible."

He took it fairly well, considering he was trying to bribe me with a case of beer to get it done for him.

I hate customers who think they can just get all their demands met if they ask sweetly enough. They're not as bad as the yelling kind, but their expectations are still just as unreasonable.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Faerunner posted:

I hate customers who think they can just get all their demands met if they ask sweetly enough. They're not as bad as the yelling kind, but their expectations are still just as unreasonable.

Working for the Postal Service, I had a guy want me to backdate his mail by a month once and he was *shocked* when I told him I'd lose my job and to gently caress off

Pay your bills on time, rear end in a top hat

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Next doors fast food manager just got threatened with violence. Also found a small bag of weed on the floor. Fun shift.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zenithe posted:

Also found a small bag of weed on the floor. Fun shift.
I'm always ecstatic when the Green Fairy visits. I've only lucked into that a few times.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

World Famous W posted:

I'm always ecstatic when the Green Fairy visits. I've only lucked into that a few times.

Wouldn't it be really dangerous to smoke abandoned weed? Or can you actually figure out if it's "clean"?
I don't smoke it, so I'm seriously asking

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I smoked the two sacks I found over my life and I ain't dead yet.

I'm also not bright and routinely get myself hurt doing stupid poo poo but I can't say I'm worried about someone leaving 'dirty' weed around in the attempt to poison a stranger. Cause that is insane.

Edit: still trying to figure out what you mean by clean.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

World Famous W posted:

Edit: still trying to figure out what you mean by clean.

Like, not adulterated with other poo poo. Some people will put PCP on weed and smoke it that way, and if you find a bag of that and expect just straight weed, then you're probably going to have a bad time.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I really don't think I got to fear a bag of weed in bumfuck Alabama is going to be laced. I'm more likely to find straight up Meth.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The odds of that are so low its unreal. Its much more likely you're gonna find a dried out bag of ditch weed than some bag of pcp nightmare weed.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not working retail, but I was just at one of the local Walmarts, one of the smaller ones, and there was an honest to God line of about 15 people behind me, 3 in front of me, the self-checkouts were jam packed but not much of a line (I would have used one but I was buying ammo) and only one register open. Making casual small talk while he finally got to me and was ringing me out he told me he was the only cashier for the next hour until the next shift started, poor bastard.

Every few items he'd yell down the line "Hey folks, the self checkouts are open, it'll be a lot faster, sorry it's just me" or similar.

I had an issue with my credit card so I had to get my transaction suspended (Awesome, thanks for not calling me to let me know there was a fraudulent flagged charge and just blocking the card until I logged onto your website! I'm so glad I only carry the one and not my debit card... gently caress. Ended up putting everything in my cart back so nobody else would have to do it but anyhow back to the story) and walked to the back of the line to get online and figure out what was up on my cell phone and overheard some douchebag in a wifebeater on his phone. All I heard was his side of the conversation but it went something like...

"Yeah I'm here at your store at <town> and there's a line
... yes just a line
Okay but there's just one register open and there's like ten of us waiting and they aren't calling anyone up to open one.
... What do you mean between shifts, what does that matter?
Well I don't work for you, why should I do the work myself?
Okay well you'll be hearing from me again if this doesn't get FIXED."

Then he closed his phone (Yeah, a flip phone, that's how you know he's serious big money rich and powerful) and smugged at everyone around him and said loud enough for the cashier to hear about 20' away "HEH, YEAH, JUST CALLED BENTONVILLE ABOUT THIS, THIS CASHIER'S GONNA BE FIRED AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AND THEY'LL BE REPLACING HIM AND HIS MANAGER WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING"

I just walked away because any comment I could have made was going to lead to trouble. Let him live in his crazy bubble, that cashier looked like he gave zero fucks and was likely to just laugh at him.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

If that cashier was as good spirited as your post makes him sound, he's probably the best employee walmart's ever had. I'm sure Mr. Self-Important's opinion will totally have a bearing on his future with the company.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Our market manager wasnt happy to hear that night crew had decided that domestics shouldnt have freight done any more. Night crew manager pulled me aside and tried to put the blame on me since ive been working 2nd shift alone for 3 weeks while the other 2nd shifters took vacation at the same time due to medical stuff.

This meeting consisted of the market manager, night crew manager, 4 ASMs, 2 CSMs, and me. What was an attempt to push me to get in trouble turned into the night crew manager getting an official coaching with us all in the room. All the other managers vouched for me and explained everything.

Night crew manager could not explain the 47 pallets of domestics freight blocking both GM and grocery receiving.

And to top it off the market manager said i should change my career preferences and push toward department manager for domestics.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
So I went into the old Walgreens I used to work at and was saying hi to all my old co-workers when one of the old shift leads approached me and quietly said "Dear god, please come back, you were half the competence in this store" to me.

:laffo::laffo:

(I'm considering it I need money so badly)

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
V
A
C
A
T
I
O
N
!

One whole sweet week off!

Gonna set my phone to silent, do all the things I need to do, go camping and come back feeling refreshed.

...or just get lost in the woods and not come back at all because inventory season is upon us and I'm going to walk back into the store and facefirst into a mess! But I'm not thinking about that until next week. SEE YA, SUCKERS.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Faerunner posted:

V
A
C
A
T
I
O
N
!

One whole sweet week off!

Gonna set my phone to silent, do all the things I need to do, go camping and come back feeling refreshed.

...or just get lost in the woods and not come back at all because inventory season is upon us and I'm going to walk back into the store and facefirst into a mess! But I'm not thinking about that until next week. SEE YA, SUCKERS.

Vacation is excellent, I highly recommend it. I've been on vacation for 5 weeks now, I've had so many naps, played over 200 hours of Civ VI, and watched 4 seasons of the Good Wife on netflix. Only 5 more weeks to go though, but hopefully I'll manage to clear my steam backlog before I go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

Vacation is excellent, I highly recommend it. I've been on vacation for 5 weeks now, I've had so many naps, played over 200 hours of Civ VI, and watched 4 seasons of the Good Wife on netflix. Only 5 more weeks to go though, but hopefully I'll manage to clear my steam backlog before I go back.

I had a couple of days off, and now I can finish the Elite Dangerous tutorial. Good times.