Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
if the point of being king isn't that u can just wear flip flops and jeans then what's it worth anyway

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G1A232mSok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
G Perico is better than anything this year

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I tried to get into that G Perico record but Still Brazy has totally spoiled me for west coast revival rap

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

I tried to get into that G Perico record but Still Brazy has totally spoiled me for west coast revival rap

Huh I thought G Pericos latest was a better Still Brazy, I didn't get into that album at all

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm not a big fan of g pericos album but it's way better than still brazy. My krazy life was good but still brazy sounded like the most generic west coast album ever. Like a Westside connection audition tape or something.

On the low dj quik has been putting out the best west coast revival stuff.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

I'm not a big fan of g pericos album but it's way better than still brazy. My krazy life was good but still brazy sounded like the most generic west coast album ever. Like a Westside connection audition tape or something.

On the low dj quik has been putting out the best west coast revival stuff.

Did you check out MC Eiht's new album? It's pretty good, great summer album to just toss on and drive with

https://itun.es/us/EDS4jb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3L7jX7l6T8

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Can we all agree on one thing?

Vince Staples is the GOAT interviewee

Everything else is moot

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Thugger.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Vince staples is the goat period

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Summertime 06 is a mastapeece

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Summertime 06 is a mastapeece

this could be forevaaa babbyyyyy

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Yuzenn posted:

Can we all agree on one thing?

Vince Staples is the GOAT interviewee

Everything else is moot

Been watching all of the Vince Staples interviews I can and I will absolutely agree with this.

Thugger is great too though.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Seeing Vince tonight 😎

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Drink a couple monsters to stay awake during that boring rear end flow of his.

#TeamThuggerBaby

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Uh holy poo poo Vince got so much better at performing. Go if you can, it's amazing

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 12 AND 13 PLATINUM PLAQUES?

LIKE 30-40 MILLION INVESTED BY SPRINT, COCKSUCKER! BEAT IT!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/nojumperdotcom/status/884139505443381248

Guwop so inspiring

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i love him

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

cryme posted:

i love him

Concur. Wop inspired me in drying out and I'm a week away from one year.

Also, "Dead People" is such a good song.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Some thoughts on the jay z album...

If this comes out just instrumental I will listen to it way more. Jay is the worst part of the album. Sounds sleepy on every hook given to him. I wish Big Boi was on all of these tracks.

Interesting to to me people criticize Jay's lyrics about investing and having lots of money, art collecting, etc. when so much of popular rap is just talking about chains and cars and making money. It's all the same, it just seems lame that he's getting called out for "being more adult" about it. Like y'all would gently caress with it if he was 20 and rapping about how many cars he got but not when he's 40 and talking about missing out on investing in a building that has gone up 10 times in price. Haters gonna.

The sample on story of OJ...isn't this a Blood on the Leaves sample or other Yeezus song sample or somethin? Swear I heard it before. Sounds too samey.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

GoldfishStew posted:

The sample on story of OJ...isn't this a Blood on the Leaves sample or other Yeezus song sample or somethin? Swear I heard it before. Sounds too samey.

Different song, same artist. Nina Simone. Actually she's been sampled Jay and Ye on other tracks as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Tyler album leaked mad early 👀

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Flower Boy is miles ahead of his other albums, holy poo poo

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

New Tyler album leaked mad early 👀

noice

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Big Fish Theory >>>> Summertime 06

Hearing lots about how Flower Boy shows maturation for Tyler, does that mean he stopped saying fag all the time. Cherry Bomb was mostly bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Hearing lots about how Flower Boy shows maturation for Tyler, does that mean he stopped saying fag all the time.

well he comes out as gay in the last song so there's that

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

well he comes out as gay in the last song so there's that

lmao

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

That who dat boy single or ep or whatever had some neat production/beats.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

No joke he inspired me to get off my lazy rear end and do some real exercise and I feel great this year.
If fat lean gently caress Gucci can become sexy Gucci then there's hope for everyone.

Ps new Tyler is :discourse:

The song with Rocky is so good

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

No joke he inspired me to get off my lazy rear end and do some real exercise and I feel great this year.
If fat lean gently caress Gucci can become sexy Gucci then there's hope for everyone.

Ps new Tyler is :discourse:

The song with Rocky is so good

November is a stand out for me.

The album as a who.e is just great as a package. So rare you get a comprehensive album. I know Tyler's albums are fairly structured, but I feel like this is on another level for him.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
ho don't step on my raf simons

RAF
SIMONS
ALL
KINDA
CRAZY
COLORS

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oCveByMXd_0

Finally some visuals for song of the summer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also, "Dead People" is such a good song.

I'm very happy for you and I wish your av text said "alla deez rappers is all my rangers"

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Boywhiz88 posted:

The album as a who.e is just great as a package. So rare you get a comprehensive album. I know Tyler's albums are fairly structured, but I feel like this is on another level for him.

Haven't listened to the new one yet but I always thought a big problem of Tyler's label releases (everything after Bastard pretty much) was that they were really scattershot and all over the place. I thought a big problem with all of them is the pacing and how uneven many of the tracks were in terms of sequencing (although how much of that is deliberately done to be harsh is hard to determine).

Am glad to see though a lot of the positive talk about his album, I've always thought his production has been top notch since pretty much the start (if he did more, I'd probably put him top 5 or top 10 producers working) and he's a decent rapper. I've thought all of his albums had serious gems on them so looking forward to checking his new one.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I don't even remember why I made that Gucci av but everytime I see it it makes me smile like he does in it

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
been listening to this Your Old Droog song a lot today, Help ft Wiki and Edan. Packs was good and i forgot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cM5aDW2vdKQ

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So this is kinda cool, apparently (and this could be him loving around) Tyler comes out as gay (or bi) on the new album. Seems like this is being based on lyrics to two songs.

Garden Shed: https://genius.com/Tyler-the-creator-garden-shed-lyrics

I Ain't Got Time: https://genius.com/Tyler-the-creator-i-aint-got-time-lyrics

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont really believe anything tyler says in his songs or in real life but if i know anything about tylers music the whole point is to get everyone talking about whether he really is gay or not and come to the conclusion that is doesnt/shouldnt matter either way

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
tyler is gay as gently caress and has been for years, people are just noticing it now because he's being 100% serious about it in a way you can't write off as a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Tyler is absolutely gay.