Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spider-Man needed to be recast cause he was a whiny bitch

Thanks android for correcting Spider-Man to remain on brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WampaLord posted:

I'm not really sure what hot takes are available to make, other than the usual tiny group of weirdos who get mad when a white character is recast as a black character.

i just meant the new movie. usually there are one or two insane hot takes from various idiots who are deemed "intelligent" when a big movie/video game comes out or is announced.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/883848081376149504

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

bop bop bop

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Boosh! posted:

It's the pink nipples

i have a dream

that pink nipples and brown nipples can work together with me

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I bet theres women out there with one pink and one brown npple :crossarms:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Kingfish posted:

I bet theres women out there with one pink and one brown npple :crossarms:

Woah

I think you just invented a new fetish

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nipple heterochromia...

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just meant the new movie. usually there are one or two insane hot takes from various idiots who are deemed "intelligent" when a big movie/video game comes out or is announced.

Here's a hot take for you:
Why the gently caress is Spiderman in high school. This is the fourth goddamn movie where he's in high school. He's over 50 years old and was only in high school for 2 of those years. It's complete bullshit. I don't need to see another goddamn flash Thompson

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Terror Sweat posted:

Why the gently caress is Spiderman in high school. This is the fourth goddamn movie where he's in high school. He's over 50 years old and was only in high school for 2 of those years. It's complete bullshit. I don't need to see another goddamn flash Thompson

quote:

Feige had stated that if additional films were made, an early idea Marvel had for them was to follow the model of the Harry Potter film series, having the plot of each film cover a new school year

Marketing?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Terror Sweat posted:

Spiderman is a pedophile.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

get that OUT of my face posted:

real-life role models for women don't exist, watch wonder woman, now in theaters

there's hillary

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Spider-Man needed to be recast cause he was a whiny bitch

Thanks android for correcting Spider-Man to remain on brand

tbf Teen Drama is a integral part of the spider-man mythos and is what put marvel on the map

everyone forgets that spider-man is also a wisecracking goofus though which makes me sad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happily married adult Peter Parker is a much better character than teen nerd Peter Parker

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Walked past this:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Happily married adult Peter Parker is a much better character than teen nerd Peter Parker

Agreed. If you want a teen spider-man go with his daughter in a timeline where she didn't die or with Miles Morales.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

you're not wrong, just saying

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Agreed. If you want a teen spider-man go with his daughter in a timeline where she didn't die or with Miles Morales.

they killed off peter parker in both those timelines too, because gently caress it i guess

editors would rather have him dead than married

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I didn't mind that. It worked for the most part in this one. Plus most of them actually look like high schoolers for the most part. They are going back to young spider man.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

comic books are for children and they should stop making garbage movies of people in spandex

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

a primate posted:

comic books are for children and they should stop making garbage movies of people in spandex

My hot take is that I don't give a poo poo about comic book movies and I'll never watch them again.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

there's hillary

there's Ivanka

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I used to read Spiderman comics as a kid in the 90's, and I remember there being this plot where there was this second Peter Parker who was a clone or something and he was envious of the real Peter Parker and also had a really angsty looking super-hero costume that was the most 90's looking thing ever.

In retrospect most superhero comic writing is really bizarre and seems not much different from letting random fanfic writers on the internet guide the direction of a series.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

I used to read Spiderman comics as a kid in the 90's, and I remember there being this plot where there was this second Peter Parker who was a clone or something and he was envious of the real Peter Parker and also had a really angsty looking super-hero costume that was the most 90's looking thing ever.

In retrospect most superhero comic writing is really bizarre and seems not much different from letting random fanfic writers on the internet guide the direction of a series.

That could either be Kaine or Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

That could either be Kaine or Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider

Ah, it's Scarlet Spider. His little jacket is so funny looking; combined with his skintight costume it makes it look like he's walking around without any pants.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yinlock posted:

tbf Teen Drama is a integral part of the spider-man mythos and is what put marvel on the map

Wrong, bitch

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Wrong, bitch

idk, i got bored of late and read a ton of the old spider man comics online. its mostly peter loving about in school and trying to gently caress liz and not punching flash to death.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've probably posted this before somewhere but I remember reading a Spider-Man comic where he had just got like a new apartment somewhere and he was super excited because it had a skylight window he could crawl out of. He started thinking about getting a tricked out custom Spider-Van and then was like, oh wait I'm fuckin poor, especially since I just got this new place, gently caress. And I'm like yeah, Spider-Man is a relatable dude.

I also was fine with him having a hot wife to bone because like, dude has a lot of poo poo he has to deal with all day at work and while superhero-ing so I'm glad he has something to look forward to.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The best "apartment" + skylight was hey arnold

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

spiderman was a punk rear end fucker and i watched the 90's cartoon for the lizard dude that lived in the sewer

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ytlaya posted:

This! This is a perfect example of how people end up being "converted" to a pro-finance/military/whatever standpoint. I double-majored in finance and information systems at NYU Stern, which is a big feeder school for the major investment banks, hedge funds, etc like Goldman Sachs or DE Shaw and also ended up with this "well these people are really smart and seem to know what they're doing, so I can't imagine they're as bad as the dumb leftists are saying." Most of them (at least the younger ones) also tended to be liberal and disliked the right. And there's actually some truth to that; a lot of the leftists who attack these folks really are ignorant. But at the end of the day, the results of what they do are still undeniably bad. If you end up immersed in a social/professional group including these people, it's difficult to really see the harm in it (since you're just a cog in a greater machine that has a net negative impact, and the specific individuals you know are nice/smart people).

It's really uncanny seeing something like this, because it is basically a perfect representation of how I became a defender of the finance industry while in college. Like, just replace intelligence/homeland security with finance and it was basically the same.

look at this guy who just figured out how social groups work

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Blue Train posted:

The best "apartment" + skylight was hey arnold

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
its cool that every day i learn how another completely innocuous thing is actually, on the down low, racist. thank u 4 ur vigilance culture warriors

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

muslim_dark_ages_timeline.jpg but with harry potter snow crash neolib virus

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Whoa wait a second..... You telling me people these days are entering into relationships and getting married for societal and financial gain?????? This truly is........

*looks into camera, holds up a bucket full of chocolate milk and normal milk mixing*

...... Beyond the pail.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

who defines "hard work" and "common sense" and what if the former doesn't pay off anymore, gary :thunk:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

WampaLord posted:

Yea! Why can't they stick to their own kind like good minorities?

Boosh! posted:

Every show/movie with a brown person in recent memory ends with being coupled with a white person. Not another south asian, east asian, black, hispanic but white. Why can't I talk about this?

That is what you quoted idiot.

Why specifically is the love interest always white? White partners are oftentimes the ultimate signifiers of successful assimilation for THEMSELVES AND THEIR ETHNIC CIRCLE. This is not about you white people. Here is John Cho on that:

quote:

John Cho recognized this trend last March, in a conversation with Kumail Nanjiani at Sundance. Cho noted that while he gets a lot of “Attaboys!” from people excited to see an Asian guy with a white woman (particularly other Asian guys)

Kumail himself calls himself in a way:

quote:

“The American dream is not about yourself. You’re being selfish to Khadija, selfish to this girl,” says Kher (who apparently had this written into the scene), in response to his son’s big reveal about loving a white woman. And in this way, the movie has a degree of self-awareness: it recognizes the selfishness involved in the story of many Asian American male protagonists.

But please continue to tell me what conversations can and cannot be had when we talk about race on screen. 1991 was the last time a notable film featured a South Asian NOT coupled with a white woman. Aren't we trying to get away from perpetuating the ideal of white beauty?

Boosh! has issued a correction as of 14:37 on Jul 10, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Boosh! posted:

But please continue to tell me what conversations can and cannot be had when we talk about race on screen. 1991 was the last time a notable film featured a South Asian NOT coupled with a white woman. Aren't we trying to get away from perpetuating the ideal of white beauty?

you could watch Bollywood movies? a good one that is funny and also has the hero get the non-white girl is Singham. You've probably seen some gifs from it.