Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Moist do you still take gif requests? Can I request one of Alicia shoving that pregnant lady down and locking her in a cage in s2ep5? I need it for reasons.

Totally not trolling reasons though.

Totally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/DwbMPg1.gifv

and without the leadup

http://i.imgur.com/iU0tOkQ.gifv

wait did everyone die at that dock? was she the last one standing?

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 7, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
er nm I guess the Alicia love interest got left alive too

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Maybe his middle name is Fire

But then wouldn't the last name be Water?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

and without the leadup

http://i.imgur.com/iU0tOkQ.gifv

wait did everyone die at that dock? was she the last one standing?
This one, tysm <3

They never really addressed what happened to Sorta Love Interest Guy (Jack I think), Pregnant Lady, or Alex and honestly probably never will. I heard there are a bunch of different writers involved this season and they probably just want to forget about the first two seasons.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 7, 2017

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
For a glorious .5 seconds, Nick's Goofy Run returned.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Strand got his yacht back :buddy:

Also if it's Anthrax then once again Z-Nation did it better :smug:

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

nick and alicia need to ditch their batshit mom. they could maybe take jake with them. and luciana if they can find her

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

this show is so loving stupid. yeah, lets kill and decapitate the guy that saved your asses walking around no man's land full of zombies for some Indian with a blood feud against him.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RedSpider posted:

this show is so loving stupid. yeah, lets kill and decapitate the guy that saved your asses walking around no man's land full of zombies for some Indian with a blood feud against him.

Unless you take the view that Madison is basically a Walking Dead villain origin story. She's not the good guy.

She's basically got the "leader" of the settlement wrapped around her finger and has been playing BOTH of the guy's sons from the start and positioning herself from day to move up in standing with the people. Killing him (and her refusal to leave) makes PERFECT sense - and why I'm finding the show the most interesting it's ever been by a mile assuming this is actually what they're doing - puts HER in position to take over the ranch.

She's already made the Chief think she's hot poo poo, and he respects her, so next she can win that out with diplomacy. Basically the entire show is a thousand times more interesting if the writers are aware of what they're doing, and I think they might actually be this season, which is basically creating a wasteland warlord with her. Even her story about shooting her father and not feeling a thing fits.

If AMC misses the chance to end Walking Dead with the Fear crew being the final group of villains they totally blew it. Madison scares me way loving more than Negan.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What the gently caress Madison!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on so they also beat up El Salvadad's daughter? Who does the show want me to hate the cruel Indians or the lying white people?

drat! Old white guy left his daughter to die too, El Salvadad's gonna have to kill everyone north of the border!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 10, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
drat you can get sick from anthrax in hide drums apparently. https://www.cdc.gov/anthrax/specificgroups/animal-workers/hides-drums.html Prob a super low chance. I don't get how killing and beheading the old white guy solved anything.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 10, 2017

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

"No wonder dad was depressed, he was living with a corpse!" is one of the best lines in the show lmfao

RedSpider posted:

He, his son, and all their bullshit almost got Nick and Travis killed for no other reason other than they looked kinda Mexican in the season premier. He may not have been directly involved in Troy's "experiments" but the whole lot of them are racist af. I'm sure at this point, as far as Madison is concerned, the Otto Family's generational bullshit with Walker's tribe is what put Alicia and Travis in danger in the helicopter and ultimately resulted in Travis' death. She doesn't care about the current residents of the ranch and she knows she might be able to get in with Walker's group, especially now knowing that Ofelia is with them. What's stupid about that?

Blazing Ownager posted:

Unless you take the view that Madison is basically a Walking Dead villain origin story. She's not the good guy.
I always had the feeling they were going for this approach and just weren't very good at it. Like they were trying to show the transformation from middle class benevolent high school guidance counselor to manipulative apocalyptic villain but they hosed it all up and Madison ended up just seeming unintelligent and bitchy. She was the only character I actually hated during two seasons but I think they are really improving her writing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So now they got to lie to the two brothers that their dad killed himself to satisfy the Indians. I love how the ranch community was founded on a quadruple homicide.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tenzarin posted:

drat you can get sick from anthrax in hide drums apparently. https://www.cdc.gov/anthrax/specificgroups/animal-workers/hides-drums.html Prob a super low chance. I don't get how killing and beheading the old white guy solved anything.

Walker had a feud against the four founders of the ranch because of them not only stealing the land, but they also ambushed and killed some of the tribe, including his uncle and father (the skull Nick found under the floorboards).

He basically told Madison his main beef was with those four and by that point, the one guy suicided with his zombie wife and burned down his house, one had his brain pecked out by crows, and one was dead from Troy's revenge ambush on the family that left. Otto was the last of the four remaining from that group, so killing him would end the feud.

The end of episode seven was pretty interesting when the 'chemical weapon' kicked in and everyone started vomiting and collapsing, but it was pretty lame that it went from 'oh no, Nick's been poisoned' to the next episode 'he's young, he can fight off the anthrax'

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Acacia REI posted:

What's stupid about that?

The only downside is she may have to cut ties with the psycho son and every good warlord needs an attack dog. Augustus had his Agrippa, the Lord Humungous had that mohawk guy, Lincoln had his Sherman... without whack-a-doodle juniour , she'll never be the reaver queen of Texas she could be.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Holy poo poo that episode was super racist. Was it literally titled "Indian Giver Bio-Warfare Murder Spree Indian Tribe vs Show's Writers Decide All White People Must Be Evil, No Matter What"?

Because that was the episode. Who is deciding on the script because the last several episodes are loving horrid.

Tenzarin posted:

So now they got to lie to the two brothers that their dad killed himself to satisfy the Indians. I love how the ranch community was founded on a quadruple homicide.

No it wasn't. It was founded on some white people conducting a lawful transaction with some Indians where both parties were satisfied with the outcome. That was literally the start and why the whole 'Indians make a trade with white people then want their traded items back' theme of the episode was so racist.

It is a race to the bottom of what was more racist 'the Indian Giver plot' or 'all old white ranchers must be racist' trope.

Edit 2:
And wtf was the desert scene? Old white guy is randomly patrolling a desert to keep 'dem Mexicans' out?

Well, I live in a mountainous grass covered ranch. Better drive for hours to reach a literal sand desert to keep them Mexicans from crossing the boarder! Never mind that almost everyone on the planet is dead! Countries don't exist any more. I'm traveling alone and have actual important stuff to do to keep the people I'm responsible for safe. The wall will stand and I will guard it! Time for a three day solo trip to the border fence to scare border crossers!

That is a special level in horribly written 'white people must be racist' writing.

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 10, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Yet another settlement down for the Madi-crew within a week of their arrival!

They might even manage to gently caress up the Indians place as well.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Not Johnny Depp's junky body can survive anything haha

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Two Feet From Bread posted:

both parties were satisfied with the outcome.
How do you know? That's just what Jeremiah said and he lied about a lot of poo poo.

Boinks posted:

"Anthrax? Just walk it off kid." I don't know anything about anthrax, if there are different kinds, or if the concentration makes much difference but I thought his quick recovery was odd. I'd be more upset if not for the fact that characters elsewhere in the franchise survive crazy poo poo all the time like Carl getting shot in the eye, Clementine walking off a rifle blast to the chest etc.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Yet another settlement down for the Madi-crew within a week of their arrival!

They might even manage to gently caress up the Indians place as well.

I just read a quote with the show runner that made me shake my head, in that he thinks Madison is "tough" and a hero yet. Fuuuuuuck.

Half the reason I was tolerating her, to be honest, is watching a manipulative psychopath and her need to take over and run every single settlement she arrives in. She IMMEDIATELY starts positioning to take over the camp before she's even slept a night there, after all, and that was before the trouble started with Walker. I don't know how anyone thinks she's the good guy, she seriously is a warlord in training.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

I just read a quote with the show runner that made me shake my head, in that he thinks Madison is "tough" and a hero yet. Fuuuuuuck.

Half the reason I was tolerating her, to be honest, is watching a manipulative psychopath and her need to take over and run every single settlement she arrives in. She IMMEDIATELY starts positioning to take over the camp before she's even slept a night there, after all, and that was before the trouble started with Walker. I don't know how anyone thinks she's the good guy, she seriously is a warlord in training.

Link?

Eh, even if that's the case, I'm still going to watch it as if she's a villain because that's the only way her character makes any sense.

EDIT: I also like the idea of the main characters just being morally ambiguous. Take out the good/evil binary altogether.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 10, 2017

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

Madison scares me way loving more than Negan.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Boinks posted:

Junkie Depp you mean!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

These people probably just looked at how Rick took over Alexandria, which only happened once, and think it means that a main character always has to take over as leader

I haven't watched season 3 yet

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I love how bad this show is written, like I hope they keep going with "Madison is a villain" but they way they start to go down that road is, "I SHOT MY DAD IN HIS SLEEP AND DID NOT CARE" while her kids just stare at her in disbelief. It was such a ham fisted attempt to make her backstory match her actions.

Can't wait to see Madison be directly responsible for every death again next half season though.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Holy poo poo that episode was super racist. Was it literally titled "Indian Giver Bio-Warfare Murder Spree Indian Tribe vs Show's Writers Decide All White People Must Be Evil, No Matter What"?

Because that was the episode. Who is deciding on the script because the last several episodes are loving horrid.

No it wasn't. It was founded on some white people conducting a lawful transaction with some Indians where both parties were satisfied with the outcome. That was literally the start and why the whole 'Indians make a trade with white people then want their traded items back' theme of the episode was so racist.

It is a race to the bottom of what was more racist 'the Indian Giver plot' or 'all old white ranchers must be racist' trope.

Edit 2:
And wtf was the desert scene? Old white guy is randomly patrolling a desert to keep 'dem Mexicans' out?

Well, I live in a mountainous grass covered ranch. Better drive for hours to reach a literal sand desert to keep them Mexicans from crossing the boarder! Never mind that almost everyone on the planet is dead! Countries don't exist any more. I'm traveling alone and have actual important stuff to do to keep the people I'm responsible for safe. The wall will stand and I will guard it! Time for a three day solo trip to the border fence to scare border crossers!

That is a special level in horribly written 'white people must be racist' writing.

That was kinda the point: even after the end of the world, the Otto's and their gang couldn't resist patrolling borders, sending Mexicans back to Mexico, killing brown people, etc. No perspective. Contrast that to Strand getting the Big Picture from the ISS.

And Otto was a poo poo leader. His entire peak was the buildup to the end of the world--getting the ranch set up as a cool post apoc camp, getting supplies and guns, recruiting likeminded people. Once poo poo actually went down, he spent most of his time trying to hand it over to his one son who wanted nothing to do with being a leader, and sidelining the psychopath son who wanted to take over. And that was BEFORE he checked out and started drinking again.

Madison was right to take over. Her only problem is that she had to be practical and invite Walker's people in, but there's a pretty good chance Walker is a formidable leader as well who will Alpha her out.

I thought Walker's motivations were a bit silly too--fighting over "ancestral" land in an empty country that is filled with far more fruitful, non-desert places to live. And land that his ancestors probably migrated to 150 years ago themselves. But once we find out about the murders of his family, his motivations make a lot more sense. He is probably guilty of manipulating his own people into supporting his blood feud in some spurious greater cause, but he probably figures he's doing them a solid since if they get the ranch the get all that sweet guns, ammo, and MRE action. And water.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

I love how bad this show is written, like I hope they keep going with "Madison is a villain" but they way they start to go down that road is, "I SHOT MY DAD IN HIS SLEEP AND DID NOT CARE" while her kids just stare at her in disbelief. It was such a ham fisted attempt to make her backstory match her actions.

Yeah when she randomly started waxing poetic about "one time a little girl..." I just :ughh:

Best part about this was ADC's "he was sleeping with a corpse!"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boinks posted:

I looked this up eating anthrax is more survivable than inhaling it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

galenanorth posted:

I haven't watched season 3 yet

After a really dumb first episode it's the best thing the WD franchise has put out on TV in a few years minimum.

poo poo.. actually.. happens. If Character A has a reason to kill Character B, even a half-cocked one.. they probably do it. It's immensely satisfying to see this season of Fear just slam through 4 episodes worth of WD per episode.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Tenzarin posted:

I looked this up eating anthrax is more survivable than inhaling it.

When Nick was trying to get Jake to untie him he should've been like "this isn't even the worst white powder I've ingested."

Blazing Ownager posted:

After a really dumb first episode it's the best thing the WD franchise has put out on TV in a few years minimum.

poo poo.. actually.. happens. If Character A has a reason to kill Character B, even a half-cocked one.. they probably do it. It's immensely satisfying to see this season of Fear just slam through 4 episodes worth of WD per episode.

I want Daniel to go on TWD and shoot Negan in the head so loving bad, and have one of the other characters set Alexandria on fire so everyone has to leave and they can move onto a new plot. I hate the one they're doing. I just don't like the storyline much. Not even in the comic (which I have not thoroughly read, to be fair, I just know the overall storyline and it just doesn't sound appealing to me).

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

if the fear cast was in alexandria they would have killed negan and the saviors, the trashpeople, that cowardly mayor guy, rick, the tiger guy and that entire island of women by now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still can't believe I'm saying that Fear is better than WD right now, but it is. Stuff happens. And also they don't stand around for 10 minutes giving big embraces to characters. They were just like oh hey, Ophelia, long time no see, kinda hosed up you took the truck.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I will say that Otto is an idiot for using a gun in a medical tent when people are walking outside on top of that

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I will say that Otto is an idiot for using a gun in a medical tent when people are walking outside on top of that

Yeah I thought his son was about to call him out on that but they were just like hmm, yup, no problem here

Was saddened by the lack of El Salvidad but hopefully that means lots of him in the second half of the season

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

I will say that Otto is an idiot

Agreed.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I saw a recent picture of Frank Dillane with short hair so I knew Nick was probably going to get a haircut soon but I really wanted it to be Daniel who did it lmao.

"I'm only rejoining you idiots if Nick cuts his hair"

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Johnny Truant posted:

Was saddened by the lack of El Salvidad but hopefully that means lots of him in the second half of the season

First the reaver queen clears out the competition, then El Salvidad help install the junta after the coup. They all have their role to play.

Chain-gangs comprised of former libertarians is gonna be a hoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I liked how we found out all the survivalists were still living in tents