Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Oh good, a third Han Solo character. Now we just need Young Han and Old Han and we can have a Han-only team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ha, new Luke still isn't Jedi Luke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

Oh good, a third Han Solo character. Now we just need Young Han and Old Han and we can have a Han-only team.

General Solo to follow

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Ha, new Luke still isn't Jedi Luke.

Well, he was a Commander in the battle for Hoth, so I'm guessing his main attack is a blaster, with with a special ability where he pulls out the saber.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The one time playing the game FTP nearly from launch has helped me. There wasn't much to get in the early days, so I 7*'d Luke early on.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is Phoenix Squad any good? I'm leveling them up purely so I can get 7* Thrawn but I don't really care about the characters.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

Is Phoenix Squad any good? I'm leveling them up purely so I can get 7* Thrawn but I don't really care about the characters.

They arent great, but they are useful if that makes sense. Used for thrawn, can be used as rebels for palpatine, their ships are good, and they have a ton of synergies so they're probably good for ls hard nodes. They just aren't strong in the arena.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

As a squad? Eh, then can help in GW, and their ships are promising.

Individually, Ezra owns, Chopper has some underrated utility, Sabine has a unique debuff that tells me it's only a matter of time before she's insanely useful somewhere. Kanan is a Tank with a cleanse and protection regen and a counter; he's GK Lite, a kit that you can almost certainly use somewhere for something.

Shame about Hera and Zeb but they're easy farms and deffo essential for Thrawn.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I've been tossing Kanan in with my Rebel team (replacing STH) and he's surprisingly good. The countering adds a nice little damage boost between turns and his protection and cleansing is very handy. Getting some good numbers in raids with him too (if he doesn't get killed right away).

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Popete posted:

They're not bad. They're essentially designed as a starter team for new players - they're all easy to get access too, and only Sabine is difficult to 7*. Several of them are good individually, Kanan, Sabine, and Ezra. Kanan and Ezra also both work on Jedi teams. As a team they're not bad, but they require setup and Hera is both a required leader and not very good. Those stacked passives (especially Ezra, Zeb, and Kanan) can be killer, and mixing Staggered with Sabine can murder people. OTOH they're not anywhere near as powerful as some of the other teams, but they also don't need Zetas. Think of them as starter rebs that get you Thrawn and Palpatine.

Their ships are good, but each one requires three characters, but they make a really good team up with Bistan, Wedge, and Biggs - tons of stealth, bonus TM, bonus attacks (which lead to pro+) and probably required for a non-gimmick (drop boba fett in just before ult for a quick bomb run) Ackbar team.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man you guys are better at this than i am

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FYI, it looks like ewok double drops are probably on a schedule something like this: https://markdownshare.com/view/fc72b34e-c0f1-4841-8e31-992dc776b605

For the most part, you can actually ignore the schedule, in favor of just remembering: always wait untilnright before reset to do ewok hard nodes if double drops isn't currently up.

The exception is Chirpa in cantina, and the dates to watch there are the 14th and 26th; if the calendar is right and you save refreshes let energy refill, you can probably bring in 150-200 Chirpa shards in those two days alone. Which, if you don't have Chirpa, you should do, because he owns for HAAT.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI, it looks like ewok double drops are probably on a schedule something like this: https://markdownshare.com/view/fc72b34e-c0f1-4841-8e31-992dc776b605

For the most part, you can actually ignore the schedule, in favor of just remembering: always wait untilnright before reset to do ewok hard nodes if double drops isn't currently up.

The exception is Chirpa in cantina, and the dates to watch there are the 14th and 26th; if the calendar is right and you save refreshes let energy refill, you can probably bring in 150-200 Chirpa shards in those two days alone. Which, if you don't have Chirpa, you should do, because he owns for HAAT.

Hell, I don't need Chirpa and I might do that just to stockpile Cantina currency and mk 3 ability mats.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Chirpa's drop rate has always been abysmal, so don't cry when you get zero shards with 4 refreshes

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mister Blueberry posted:

Chirpa's drop rate has always been abysmal, so don't cry when you get zero shards with 4 refreshes

I thought they had the same drop rates

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

RC Cola posted:

they do, it's selection bias (sorry Mr. Blueberry).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

RC Cola posted:

they do the drop rates are horrible :v:

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I am enjoying crushing out Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STH teams in arena lately, using: Lando(L), Boba Fett, Wedge, STH, and Grand Moff Tarkin. Tarkin is key because he can critical down/damage down all Rebels without resist and then cut their turn meter after his TM gets buffed from debuffs. No matter who the AI targets I usually win. BF needs high speed mods to get ability block off, save his execute for clearing STH's taunt or sniping Wedge. If you are in a younger node and struggling give it a shot! I went from barely breaking the 400s to floating easy 250~. [For context, level 75, been playing 2.5? months]

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks for adding my low level rear end to your friendlist. Having high level 7* dudes is helpful for progress.

I have a couple of gear related questions.

1. It doesn't look like power level increases when you go from e.g. Gear lvl IV with a full set of gear to gear level V with no gear. Is there any point in spending a lot of energy in grinding out the last slot of someones gear level if i have no gear to equip on them once i upgrade their gear level?

2. It looks like different gear slots have different levels of power. E.g. on Count Doofus at Gear V i can put on an item that grants 10 AGI in one slot and an item that grants 350 health/2 speed/40 special damage in another slot. The second item looks far better. Are there any general guidelines to which items are better or should i just look at each equipment slot at each gear level?

3. When grinding out components for gear and using the find function i see that the items drop "everywhere" in the game, e.g. from world 3, 5 and 7. Will the items be easier to get in world 7, like they are the rare drop in world 3, uncommon drop in world 5 and common drop in world 7? With QGJinners on my friendslist i can probably tackle higher worlds than what i am farming now and am wondering if that will icnrease the drop rates for my low level gear?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for adding my low level rear end to your friendlist. Having high level 7* dudes is helpful for progress.

I have a couple of gear related questions.

1. It doesn't look like power level increases when you go from e.g. Gear lvl IV with a full set of gear to gear level V with no gear. Is there any point in spending a lot of energy in grinding out the last slot of someones gear level if i have no gear to equip on them once i upgrade their gear level?

2. It looks like different gear slots have different levels of power. E.g. on Count Doofus at Gear V i can put on an item that grants 10 AGI in one slot and an item that grants 350 health/2 speed/40 special damage in another slot. The second item looks far better. Are there any general guidelines to which items are better or should i just look at each equipment slot at each gear level?

3. When grinding out components for gear and using the find function i see that the items drop "everywhere" in the game, e.g. from world 3, 5 and 7. Will the items be easier to get in world 7, like they are the rare drop in world 3, uncommon drop in world 5 and common drop in world 7? With QGJinners on my friendslist i can probably tackle higher worlds than what i am farming now and am wondering if that will icnrease the drop rates for my low level gear?

1) they hosed with the power formula a few weeks ago. The tl;dr is that it now tells you nothing but a composite of Level + stars + gear slots filled + ability levels + mod levels. It has no relationship whatsoever to character stats.

What that means for your question is that you should know that hitting that "Upgrade Gear Level" button does two things 1) at lower levels it unlocks new skills which is important. 2) Gear 7 unlocks Protection, which is kind of like a second health bar that's harder to heal - it makes it less likely that you die to one shot alpha strikes at the start of fights, and 3) Gear level acts as a multiplier for core stats, especially HP/Protection - so especially for your tanks, but for everyone, it's important

2) not really, because, as noted, you just want to gear everyone, and the pieces themselves don't really compete with each other for your attention as much as you think. Some are definitely more desirable than others - especially at endgame - but it's basically noise compared to the steady March of low level progress you're seeing.

3) Gear droprates are basically the same all over. But some nodes will drop 3 good pieces you need lots of, and others drop the 1 thing you want and a lot of garbage. Since the drop tables for each item are rolled separately, it's good to be efficient and farm the nodes that double up whenever possible, but otherwise just run the cheapest one.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks!

I am gradually noticing that certain heroes do more for my success than others, i guess i should focus on gearing up those heroes to, say, gear level 5, instead of trying to get all my dudes up to 4?

I got Bobba Fat and Stormtrooper Han today. Should i continue sharding them up to 7* or pick the next hero on the list for their respective currency?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

I am gradually noticing that certain heroes do more for my success than others, i guess i should focus on gearing up those heroes to, say, gear level 5, instead of trying to get all my dudes up to 4?

I got Bobba Fat and Stormtrooper Han today. Should i continue sharding them up to 7* or pick the next hero on the list for their respective currency?

Definitely focus on a core group of 5 dudes for arena. For a new player that's something like boba, lando, sth +2. The +2 can vary depending on who you already have. Lumi, Biggs, K2, RG are all reasonable choices. But Boba/Lando/STH are pretty critical because 1. They are awesome through the whole game and 2. They are scoundrels.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Also, star them all up to 6 stars, then go back and do each one's 7th. I think that's the most efficient way to get the most benefit out of them while you farm the 500 shards needed to get those final promotions.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh and for your medium range planning: the instant you hit lvl 69, wedge & biggs should be your number 1 priority. So by lvl 72 or so you arena team should be: wedge (l), biggs, sth, lando, boba.

E: Chirrut is also a huge priority once you unlock ships

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 10, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Definitely focus on a core group of 5 dudes for arena. For a new player that's something like boba, lando, sth +2. The +2 can vary depending on who you already have. Lumi, Biggs, K2, RG are all reasonable choices. But Boba/Lando/STH are pretty critical because 1. They are awesome through the whole game and 2. They are scoundrels.

I have Count Doofus, General Veers, Royal Guard (not clear to me yet why the OP recommends this guy, he is a wet paper towel at 2* gear V), Grand Moff Tarkin and Biggs 3* with 4* tomorrow. Dooku and Tarkin seems to be pretty decent, Dooku does a lot of damage and Tarkin keeps debuffing the enemies. Biggs haven't done anything useful at all yet, he is another hero it is not clear to me why the OP recommends.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

I have Count Doofus, General Veers, Royal Guard (not clear to me yet why the OP recommends this guy, he is a wet paper towel at 2* gear V), Grand Moff Tarkin and Biggs 3* with 4* tomorrow. Dooku and Tarkin seems to be pretty decent, Dooku does a lot of damage and Tarkin keeps debuffing the enemies. Biggs haven't done anything useful at all yet, he is another hero it is not clear to me why the OP recommends.

RG: tanks need gear more than anyone and RG is there to tank. He's nice because his taunt is triggered automatically, which is valuable, he stuns enemies on his basic attack, and he's empire to unlock R2. But he definitely needs a bunch of gear.

Biggs: hits like a goddamn freight train - especially once you get his partner Wedge on to the same team. (when you see people say Wiggs, this is what they mean). At max level, every other time Biggs attacks, he also calls Wedge to attack and another member of your party. And all three are gonna do extra damage. Oh, and Biggs gets full turn meter every time he dodges or an empire dude hits him, so he's gonna get a lot of turns. Which means he's gonna hit like a god drat freight train very very often.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

CaptainPsyko posted:

RG: tanks need gear more than anyone and RG is there to tank. He's nice because his taunt is triggered automatically, which is valuable, he stuns enemies on his basic attack, and he's empire to unlock R2. But he definitely needs a bunch of gear.

This is pretty important. Also, do his daily mission, and while it might seem like forever, you'll get him to 4* before too much longer, especially because he's not too uncommon from Bronziums. 1* to 4* makes a huge difference, and then 4* to 7* you'll seen improvement, but not at the same scale (and also you'll be higher level/gear). It's a weird formula, but getting him to max gear for your current level, and getting him more shards, will pay off quite a bit. The last account I opened (I've opened several alts at this point), I was hitting top 50 daily, running Tarkin (L), TFP, RG, +2, maybe boba and sth? Something like that.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Tarkin (L), TFP, RG, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper is one hell of a starter team. Ability block on Snow trooper is just awesome, plus he's Empire Lando. Stormtrooper is an ok tank now, after the rework, and this team will get you R2 by the way. And R2 is boss.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I think in general people slept on Tarkin's rework because they expected something more drastic. He's pretty great. I've been running Tarkin (l) / Thrawn / Deathtrooper / Shoretrooper /Darth Nihlius inbthe arena for a while now, and the amount of control it gives me over the opening few rounds of the fight - especially against rebels like Chaze and R2 - totally owns.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great stuff guys, thanks.

The game is getting more fun as i am getting more heroes and activities to do. Also i got 8 Lando shards in 8 cantina romps today, which is nice. 3 more shards to 5*.

I do have Tarkin, TFP, RG and Snowtrooper. Stormtrooper is a whopping 50 shards away, and it doesn't look like i will be able to upgrade Snowtrooper (his shards are in world 7 or higher).

Getting a bit tired of seeing Chewie, Jedi Counsular and Vampire Healer Chick on the enemy team in every single pvp activity i do though. Looking forward to matching against a bit more group variety. Todays arena matches literally had those 3 in every match.
Speaking of which, how important are healers? Jedi Counsular seems useful for keeping my team healthy throughout a GW campaign, but today he got gangbanged in the second battle and died. For PVE content i just use one of your 7* supermen and everything instantly dies, negating the need for a healer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Great stuff guys, thanks.

The game is getting more fun as i am getting more heroes and activities to do. Also i got 8 Lando shards in 8 cantina romps today, which is nice. 3 more shards to 5*.

I do have Tarkin, TFP, RG and Snowtrooper. Stormtrooper is a whopping 50 shards away, and it doesn't look like i will be able to upgrade Snowtrooper (his shards are in world 7 or higher).

Getting a bit tired of seeing Chewie, Jedi Counsular and Vampire Healer Chick on the enemy team in every single pvp activity i do though. Looking forward to matching against a bit more group variety. Todays arena matches literally had those 3 in every match.
Speaking of which, how important are healers? Jedi Counsular seems useful for keeping my team healthy throughout a GW campaign, but today he got gangbanged in the second battle and died. For PVE content i just use one of your 7* supermen and everything instantly dies, negating the need for a healer.

oh you'll miss them when they're gone, man. It's just an ocean of R2's, Chaze, nihilus, and Kenobi on my shard.

Jedi consular has a pretty decent ship, so his value extends well into the later game. He's also one of the 5 goon-recommended to get Yoda, because he's got other end-game uses than just "can be used to unlock yoda". If one of your dudes dies in galactic wear, just retreat and try again. If you do everything the same, the enemy will do everything the same and you'll get the same result. Subbing in another character or using a different ability/different target causes the AI to behavior differently/target differently, for this reason galactic war has been likened to being more like a puzzle than an actual turn based sim.

Luminara (L) + JC is a great duo in galactic war for keeping dudes alive. Later on healer matters less and you start to lean on rebel synergies with wedge's leader skill to heal. There are some other character synergies that restore protection like Jyn, clones, resistance. But that's all pretty advanced poo poo. For now, yeah, JC is worth leveling and using in GW. Don't lose your toons early in GW, just reset and try again until noone dies.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 11, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Also Tarkin is the best ship leader, and TFP has uses in both raids so get those guys to 7* after you finish scoundrels.

Actually, it seems that empire is pretty meta in newer shards, and it gets better when you get thrawn, but that is not your goal now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm about to G11 my Tarkin for raids/fleet, but yeah, he might fit into the thrawn meta like a goddamn glove.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You canīt get the final rank in the fleet commander ability even if you g11 the character, right? It requires ship omegas which are still unavailable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

You canīt get the final rank in the fleet commander ability even if you g11 the character, right? It requires ship omegas which are still unavailable.

it's still power which is a primary driver in people not attacking you.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

A while back there was a $$$ pack that included them. I forgot who it came with... Fulcrum maybe? Some goons bought it just for those ship omegas.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Fleet commander abilities don't require the omegas.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

I dont think ship omegas are available yet. I might be wrong, but i think i would remember such a thing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mister Blueberry posted:

I dont think ship omegas are available yet. I might be wrong, but i think i would remember such a thing.

As Dr. Venture said, you could get a few in the Phoenix ship starter pack when that came out ages ago.

There were enough across a few packs to omega two or three ships depending on which you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

oh you'll miss them when they're gone, man. It's just an ocean of R2's, Chaze, nihilus, and Kenobi on my shard.

Jedi consular has a pretty decent ship, so his value extends well into the later game. He's also one of the 5 goon-recommended to get Yoda, because he's got other end-game uses than just "can be used to unlock yoda". If one of your dudes dies in galactic wear, just retreat and try again. If you do everything the same, the enemy will do everything the same and you'll get the same result. Subbing in another character or using a different ability/different target causes the AI to behavior differently/target differently, for this reason galactic war has been likened to being more like a puzzle than an actual turn based sim.

Luminara (L) + JC is a great duo in galactic war for keeping dudes alive. Later on healer matters less and you start to lean on rebel synergies with wedge's leader skill to heal. There are some other character synergies that restore protection like Jyn, clones, resistance. But that's all pretty advanced poo poo. For now, yeah, JC is worth leveling and using in GW. Don't lose your toons early in GW, just reset and try again until noone dies.

Yeah, on my alt shard, everybody goes straight for Chirrut+Baze when they get the ship store open. I can hardly stay in the top 500 in Arena but I'm around 100 in ship arena. Guess I should revisit my strategy but I just wanted to get access to Zetas as soon as possible.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 12, 2017