Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My old band teacher almost never posts anything other than band memes. But today...

Define fake news. Really. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Midnight Voyager posted:

My old band teacher almost never posts anything other than band memes. But today...

This is the 'documentary' that relies largely on an unverified, undated photograph in which the figure claimed to be Earhart is facing away from the camera, yes?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

This is the kind of intellectual heavy lifting you can expect from a guy whose main accomplishments to date are writing a Harry Potter fanfic and figuring out how to sponge off eccentric tech CEOs.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Enter: Whiny rear end in a top hat who actually makes a fair bit of money off his lovely opinions:

https://twitter.com/thenewsjunkie/status/884179304917213185

He's also really mad about CNN calling that /r/thedonald poster out because "It's cnn bullying people for their free speech :qq:"

Ularg has a new favorite as of 09:26 on Jul 10, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

What the gently caress is he on about labor demand being equal to supply? Has he heard of unemployment?

I hate how pompous this rear end in a top hat always is.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ularg posted:

Enter: Whiny rear end in a top hat who actually makes a fair bit of money off his lovely opinions:

He's also really mad about CNN calling that /r/thedonald poster out because "It's cnn bullying people for their free speech :qq:"

He does realize that religious conservatives are the ones who complained about sexy magazine covers, and that’s why we have those stupid “blockers“ in the first place right?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm honestly surprised anyone gives two fucks about the magazine rack at the checkout aisle to begin with.

However, he considers himself an enlightened individual above the political sports teams. So he only cares for the real issues.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Whoever said that Facebook considered videos to have more weight - you weren't kidding, I encountered this specimen today:

A video of a print-out of a screenshot of a Facebook post
(which I screencapped). :smithicide:

Every day we stray further from G-d's light.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Laserjet 4P posted:

Whoever said that Facebook considered videos to have more weight - you weren't kidding, I encountered this specimen today:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Gorgeous.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I can't stand this poo poo. Why do people feel the need to post poo poo like this? Does the good deed not count if you don't get tens of people tripping over themselves to validate you? Can this person possibly pat themselves any harder on the back?

Also, just want to point out that this person tells everyone they can at any opportunity how much of a Christian they are, and how they follow "the word." Guess they forgot about Matthew 6:

quote:

"...So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

The temptation to post this with no context is incredible.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 12:53 on Jul 10, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha, that reminds me of the time I was waiting for a subway with some buddies and a lady approached us, looking all weak and drained, and said she was hypoglycemic and asked for some money to buy something from a nearby vending machine. A friend of mine just answered that she had a chocolate bar in her bag and she was welcome to have it.

After insisting for like 5 min that she'd much rather prefer to buy something from the machine, the lady yelled at my friend that she didn't want the lovely chocolate bar, go gently caress yourself.

Then she took off running up the stairs :v:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Zipperelli. posted:

I can't stand this poo poo. Why do people feel the need to post poo poo like this? Does the good deed not count if you don't get tens of people tripping over themselves to validate you? Can this person possibly pat themselves any harder on the back?

Also, just want to point out that this person tells everyone they can at any opportunity how much of a Christian they are, and how they follow "the word." Guess they forgot about Matthew 6:

The temptation to post this with no context is incredible.

:justpost:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Laserjet 4P posted:

I love this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ularg posted:

Covering a health magazine for having a bikini. Using a cover that is almost completely translucent so you can still see the bikini.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wendell posted:

Covering a health magazine for having a bikini. Using a cover that is almost completely translucent so you can still see the bikini.

Welcome to America.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This is a man who needed to be paid a huge amount of money to finish a shite fanfic about Harry Potter, who makes his living as a "rationalist thinker" but starts his two dozen paragraphs by laying down the axiom "supply is always equal to demand" and just spirals from there, and who believes that he is capable of rewiring his own brain to become a superhuman thinking genius but it's a once-only DnD power and he'll never be able to do it again, so he hasn't done it. He's obviously only ever read manga and watched anime- you can tell by his writing style, it's almost exactly the style of an anime exposition dump.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Angry Salami posted:

This is the 'documentary' that relies largely on an unverified, undated photograph in which the figure claimed to be Earhart is facing away from the camera, yes?
I can believe this considering that the entire "moon landing was fake" movement started with a guy who just couldn't wrap his head around how the Amereican flag could be moving in the NASA footage so the only explaination he could see was that the entire thing didn't happen. He was just completely and utterly misinformed about both physics involved and the specific way the flag was mounted but it was too late as that one grain of paranoia already snowballed into being misinformed about how photography works, how space engineering works and how astronauts work.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Somfin posted:

This is a man who needed to be paid a huge amount of money to finish a shite fanfic about Harry Potter, who makes his living as a "rationalist thinker" but starts his two dozen paragraphs by laying down the axiom "supply is always equal to demand" and just spirals from there, and who believes that he is capable of rewiring his own brain to become a superhuman thinking genius but it's a once-only DnD power and he'll never be able to do it again, so he hasn't done it. He's obviously only ever read manga and watched anime- you can tell by his writing style, it's almost exactly the style of an anime exposition dump.

"Supply always equal to demand, says man scared of robots turning entire Solar System into paperclips"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Midnight Voyager posted:

I love the hashtag #thischangeseverything. Because even if this were true, what does it actually change? How is life in any way different?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I love the hashtag #thischangeseverything. Because even if this were true, what does it actually change? How is life in any way different?

It changes everything about his fourth grade book report

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Palpek posted:

I can believe this considering that the entire "moon landing was fake" movement started with a guy who just couldn't wrap his head around how the Amereican flag could be moving in the NASA footage so the only explaination he could see was that the entire thing didn't happen. He was just completely and utterly misinformed about both physics involved and the specific way the flag was mounted but it was too late as that one grain of paranoia already snowballed into being misinformed about how photography works, how space engineering works and how astronauts work.

The whole vaccines/autism thing started because one study, which was then completely debunked multiple times and was so bad the guy lost his license over it, said so.

All it takes is one idiot.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The whole vaccines/autism thing started because one study, which was then completely debunked multiple times and was so bad the guy lost his license over it, said so.

All it takes is one idiot.

He also probably still gets paid for perpetuating a lie.

At the point where your lie leads to the death of children why can't we just put this and similar fuckers in jail?

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Who What Now posted:

It basically is true. It's not like that's some hidden knowledge, though, but people still fall for it, so it really doesn't change anything.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ularg posted:

At the point where your lie leads to the death of children why can't we just put this and similar fuckers in jail?

I think he renounced it a while back

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ularg posted:

While we're on the subject:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think he renounced it a while back

He was still taking money from Somali parents in Minneapolis as recently as 2010. I couldn't find anything about him renouncing his findings since then.

Unfortunately, since vaccine formulas were tweaked after people started linking them with autism, even if no evidence is found now there will still be people using those changes as proof they were right all along.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Palpek posted:

Would they vax as early as a month old anyway? But insane how someone could lose a child then get upset the father is doing what's necessary for the remaining child. Gotta feel sorry for the dude for dealing with that BS.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Would they vax as early as a month old anyway?
Huh, I haven't thought about that and you're right, it seems that the first dose against whooping cough is given at 2 months. There are some vaccines given at birth though so the question remains whether not giving them could influence the development of whooping cough.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Krispy Kareem posted:

He was still taking money from Somali parents in Minneapolis as recently as 2010. I couldn't find anything about him renouncing his findings since then.

Unfortunately, since vaccine formulas were tweaked after people started linking them with autism, even if no evidence is found now there will still be people using those changes as proof they were right all along.

They changed the formula 15 years ago.15 years. 15. Antivaxxers still complain the stuffs in there.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Palpek posted:

Huh, I haven't thought about that and you're right, it seems that the first dose against whooping cough is given at 2 months. There are some vaccines given at birth though so the question remains whether not giving them could influence the development of whooping cough.

It also depends whether a sibling transmitted it. Failure to vax the other kid(s) and being in a house with live whooping cough could have done it.

There is no excuse for antivax.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

They changed the formula 15 years ago.15 years. 15. Antivaxxers still complain the stuffs in there.

Logic isn't a prerequisite. They'll latch on to anything that validates even a small part of their argument.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Prism posted:

It also depends whether a sibling transmitted it. Failure to vax the other kid(s) and being in a house with live whooping cough could have done it.

There is no excuse for antivax.
I'd much rather my child die from whooping cough than live with autism :downs:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

Logic isn't a prerequisite. They'll latch on to anything that validates even a small part of their argument.

Oh I'm very aware. Just saying your concern of them latching onto the changing formula as proof gives antivaxx WAY too much credit. Since they didn't notice in the last 15 years that a key demand was met to appease them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Palpek posted:

I don't know if I'm having Deja Vu or I've seen this one before. :smith:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know if I'm having Deja Vu or I've seen this one before. :smith:

It's been posted before, although it might have been another thread.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

The thing that gets me is that a lot of these parents are organic food eating, look down at the povs for eating McDonald's people. Or hippy alt health people. But when it comes to actual measures to reduce mercury exposure, like regulating/reducing fossil fuel emissions and mining, they don't give a poo poo and are woefully uninformed about the actual sources of bioactive mercury in the environment. It's really infuriating to have discussions with people who you think should be on side but really just like thinking they have secret knowledge "they" don't want you to know.

Also, not to be a filthy communist, but I do notice that a lot of people's advice for avoiding this stuff directs them into the multi-billion dollar wellness industry. It's interesting that the solution to all these problems is just consuming something different.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Sedge and Bee posted:

The thing that gets me is that a lot of these parents are organic food eating, look down at the povs for eating McDonald's people. Or hippy alt health people. But when it comes to actual measures to reduce mercury exposure, like regulating/reducing fossil fuel emissions and mining, they don't give a poo poo and are woefully uninformed about the actual sources of bioactive mercury in the environment. It's really infuriating to have discussions with people who you think should be on side but really just like thinking they have secret knowledge "they" don't want you to know.

Also, not to be a filthy communist, but I do notice that a lot of people's advice for avoiding this stuff directs them into the multi-billion dollar wellness industry. It's interesting that the solution to all these problems is just consuming something different.

Its fitting that the vaccine scare was started by an rear end in a top hat trying to sell his competing vaccine. You hit the nail on the head there. Its all about selling an alternative and probably more expensive product. Then you get poo poo like this poor kid dying because his mom read that Doctors didn't want her to know about hemp oil or some other bullshit.

They truly are idiots. On social media.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh you believe modern medicine is just about making money by selling drugs that don't work?

BOY DO I HAVE SOME MAGIC ROCKS AND WATER FOR YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh you believe modern medicine is just about making money by selling drugs that don't work?

BOY DO I HAVE SOME MAGIC ROCKS AND WATER FOR YOU!

Have you tried homeopathy? Its works on the principle that it doesn't work, its really works!