Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

Primal Pox Faulds drop, which is not an item most people (if anybody) ever use.

No, I mean that character layout. I've never seen the character screen look like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh. The UI of the console version looks like that.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 10, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Guilty posted:

Just trying to correct bad advice. Sorry, I'll let you continue with your garbage builds

Attempt #3: no one said they were good, just that they were better than nothing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol just lol if you aren't only feeding Primal Puzzle Rings into the cube, scrublords

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Putting a primal puzzle ring in the cube should give you like, an all gel goblin vault.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I know someone who has one lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

euphronius posted:

Most if not all mmos and online rpgs can play over phone data

It owns

I meant that I forgot I could. I used to on my old phone with warframe, and then stopped a year ago. My memory is poo poo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It does loving own

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What do you guys mean, play on your phone?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What do you guys mean, play on your phone?

Tethering a laptop or whatever to the phone, and playing using the phone's data connection.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, I mean remoting to my pc from my phone.

E: what it looks like remotely.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 10, 2017

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

MMAgCh posted:

:suicide:

Gonna hang on to it for now because I have more souls than I know what to do with anyway, and for all anyone knows the changes in the upcoming patch will totally make this a BiS item!

Trag build with the 1hander that makes siphon hit 3 targets and spam click it because it only procs on the initial tick of the animation. Pretty good healing and essence generation with moderate aoe damage. Good for a solo push build if you pair it with a strong nuke.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

Primal Pox Faulds drop, which is not an item most people (if anybody) ever use.

My one and only primal drop so far is a Puzzle Ring (with excellent stats for good measure).

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sekenr posted:

My one and only primal drop so far is a Puzzle Ring (with excellent stats for good measure).

Your next one will be a Bovine Bardiche.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

They should make the puzzle rings and bardiches 10x rarer, but have 10x more loot with a higher chance to obtain primals from whatever drops in there.

I say this because I still have 15 rings/9 bardiches left, and I'm too thrifty to just smash them into mats. I'd rather they just make them rarer and more exciting.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They revamp/boosted Rainbow runs, no reason they couldn't tweak the others.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
A Primal Bardiche is useful for Gem of Ease'ing for off-season speed leveling.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Pastry Mistakes posted:

They should make the puzzle rings and bardiches 10x rarer, but have 10x more loot with a higher chance to obtain primals from whatever drops in there.

I say this because I still have 15 rings/9 bardiches left, and I'm too thrifty to just smash them into mats. I'd rather they just make them rarer and more exciting.

Make a gold build and have someone carry you through your puzzle rings. Never sorry about empowering high level rifts again.

Alternatively, ring runs are really good for gearing up a new class. I managed to finish every Necro set and nearly all of the kanais cube in an hour and a half of ring runs

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Guilty posted:

Alternatively, ring runs are really good for gearing up a new class. I managed to finish every Necro set and nearly all of the kanais cube in an hour and a half of ring runs

What are ring runs?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Demon_Corsair posted:

What are ring runs?

I assume he means vaults

Fishlifters
Jul 25, 2016

Smell you later!
I was wondering what builds any Rathma users here have been successful with. I've been sticking with Icey-Vein's build, which doesn't use Land of the Dead so doesn't take advantage of the 2pc.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

Fishlifters posted:

I was wondering what builds any Rathma users here have been successful with. I've been sticking with Icey-Vein's build, which doesn't use Land of the Dead so doesn't take advantage of the 2pc.

There's not a build that uses Army of the Dead which is the two piece on Rathma. The ability is a giant aoe when if something is on a two minute timer you want it to kill yellows and rift bosses. You have to have decrepify, skeletal mages, skeletons, a generator, blood rush, and probably devour to keep enough essence going so you don't even have room for it. Easily the least thought out set they made for necromancer and how it got through beta like this is beyond me.

It's still fun to play and should be better with the changes coming but man how do you release a new set that CAN'T take advantage of all the bonuses

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
maybe you can replace devour with reaper's wraps? idk. aotd in general seems lacklustre, which sucks as it's an awesome looking skill

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Fishlifters posted:

I was trying to use army of the dead on my new PS4 account and then gave up and swapped back to singularity mages with decrepify, devouring aura, etc etc. per above and I instantly went up like 2 torment levels.

fake edit: I'm still using reapers wraps on top of devouring aura. Let's you spam mages faster. Also the passive that drops health orbs when you consume corpses.

Fishlifters
Jul 25, 2016

Smell you later!

ChickenSuit posted:

There's not a build that uses Army of the Dead which is the two piece on Rathma. The ability is a giant aoe when if something is on a two minute timer you want it to kill yellows and rift bosses. You have to have decrepify, skeletal mages, skeletons, a generator, blood rush, and probably devour to keep enough essence going so you don't even have room for it. Easily the least thought out set they made for necromancer and how it got through beta like this is beyond me.

It's still fun to play and should be better with the changes coming but man how do you release a new set that CAN'T take advantage of all the bonuses

Weeeird. OK, good to know. Rathma's the only real set I'm interested in because skellies are what I go to Necro for, so hopefully they can work something out with the set, whether it's de-emphasizing something else to make room for Army, or change the 2pc.

Edit: I'm also using Reaper's Wraps, combo'd with the globe passive, and it's verrrrry nice. Dropping a metric ton of Singularity mages is a good feeling.

Fishlifters fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 10, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

AoTD is just a terrible skill not worth a skill slot. It may actually be useful once in S11, to get your GR20 complete, but that's about it. Seeing as the skill is in the 2pc and 6pc, and the set dungeon revolves around the worst parts of the set (spamming mages + AoTD), the best we can hope for is that they rework it to be useful. If it was 1min cooldown, refreshed the duration on your minions, refilled your essence, applied some kind of debuff that makes things take X% damage from minions, or almost anything that actual helps pets rather than just a nuke jammed into the set, then maybe it could be worth using.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 10, 2017

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch

Dameius posted:

They revamp/boosted Rainbow runs, no reason they couldn't tweak the others.

So that's what happened? I bumped into a rainbow gob yesterday and the amount of loot/gold/materials they have packed in there is pretty sweet. It is better than a greed portal by quite a bit now.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
11 days to go.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

PathAsc posted:

Nah, I mean remoting to my pc from my phone.

E: what it looks like remotely.

Okay, link or something, please?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

veedubfreak posted:

11 days to go.

Bets on if necro stuff is actually overhauled or just very minorly tweaked? I'm in the latter camp. :v:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Larrymer posted:

Bets on if necro stuff is actually overhauled or just very minorly tweaked? I'm in the latter camp. :v:

Man I hope you're wrong. I want my zoo.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Larrymer posted:

I'm just gonna be designated power leveler. I'll switch to necro after my wiz hits level 70 solo gr :P

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Nah, they just made it so the set tops out at four mages. They're fully committed to skeleton mage being a spam spender instead of a pet.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Necro is fun to the point where I almost wish I hadn't Gem of Ease power-leveled to the mid 60's. I feel like gaining a level on every monster kill prevented me from really exploring the class, and I'm really heavy on corpse and minion skills now with zero curses. I guess we'll see what happens when I factor in real drops.

Still, holy gently caress Blizzard should pay me to look at that portrait.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PC Users, help a console person out.

I'm having a hard time selling my buddies on Seasonal mode. "Why would I want to lose all my poo poo", "1 to 70 is the worst part of Diablo", and "But muh paragon points!" are the top 3 issues.

Why is Season mode cool and good?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Tell them it's like a prestige mode. Also, the pet/wing/pennant/frame rewards are neat. 1-70 does suck when you're making a new character in a world where everyone has everything, but this is a chance to start at 1 with everyone. Every yellow is an upgrade. A legendary is a huge deal, not just another shard. I find it more fun than grinding GRs for more paragon point, but YMMV.

Also, for anyone that hasn't had the pleasure of using Moribund Gauntlets and getting a wet far sound every second:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUrngU0vjz8

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

DrSeRRoD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w5mDN0q3Fk

Travis Day did mention that they wanted to add some sort of compensation, so maybe buffing the 6pc damage is how they will do it. I don't think we'll find out until the week of S11, assuming they even get a lot of those changes done by then. If not, S12 PTR.

E:

Yea, the build is very strong, but it relies on using two 2-minute cooldowns to burst down an elite or two and then survive until they're available again. I wasn't a fan of the playstyle, despite it being extremely strong, but being able to kill elites with one 10-second cycle at like GR100+ is crazy good.

What is Blizzard's reasoning for doing this? Was it literally "the build feels too kinetic and punchy and awesome therefore we need to make it more boring" ?

Would somebody please explain to me why they couldn't have at least made it look and feel exactly the same while doing slightly less damage or something?

Aaod
May 29, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm having a hard time selling my buddies on Seasonal mode. "Why would I want to lose all my poo poo", "1 to 70 is the worst part of Diablo", and "But muh paragon points!" are the top 3 issues.

1-70 takes maybe two hours to do from a fresh start and it is a good way to challenge yourself while giving you an excuse to try new builds.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

This week's challenge rift is an LoN Thorns/Frenzy barb. It was challenging for me as I've never played that before and I killed the RG with about 5 seconds left. I wasn't sure if I should jump from elite to elite (it was a long jump between them too) or kill things.

As for the Inarius nerf/fix, the tornado had a flat "1" coefficient, which was making anything proc far too much. It's just like every other skill that started like this and got nerfed. They did mention compensation, which IMO could make the set even better since you're not just relying on one gem. I tried PE/Wreath/BoTT and it works pretty well, but without the burst and healing from 4-5 Mirinae procs a second, it's definitely slower.

E: Unless Wreath proc is dropped real low too.

E2: Yup, Wreath seems pretty bad now as well.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The whole fun part about Diablo is finding upgrades. Everything that drops as you level is an upgrade. And it really doesn't take more than a couple hours. I try and do a different character each season so it doesn't feel like the same old thing over and over. Even then it feels fun since you're always on the hunt for newer, better items.

I've always loved the appeal of the Diablo games though and never have gotten tired of repeatedly doing the same poo poo over and over until I've gotten all the best in slot stuff. It's just a fun and good time waster. The frequency good items drop and how easy it is to get items you want makes it fairly rewarding for me at least.

Alternatively, start the season half a day later than when it starts and get power leveled to 70 and start from there. :v: