Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kelp Plankton posted:

UNIVERSE PRANK GONE WRONG?!? [GOD OF DESTRUCTION SHITS HIS PANTS] (NEW SERIES)

Beerus would probably poo poo his pants if Goku or Vegeta got knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Goku is going to get knocked out, who wants to bet on what Deus Ex Machina ruling gets him back into the fight?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Touché, but I'm avoiding incorporating stuff from arcs that haven't finished yet. No point in adding stuff if it's liable to change in a month's time.

Right now I'm doing a bunch of Original Content in the form of alternate timelines and adventure ideas. It's everything my 14-year-old self could have dreamed of.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what will goku kamehameha off to get back into the ring???

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Mordaedil posted:

Goku is going to get knocked out, who wants to bet on what Deus Ex Machina ruling gets him back into the fight?

Personally I think the best course the story could take is Goku getting knocked out by Jiren (or maybe both getting knocked out at the same time) in a way that seems slightly anticlimactic and then Gohan and some of the others have to find a way to win without him while Beerus screams at Goku on the sidelines.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad that the universe which was literally a hellhole full of furries got erased and I hope it never comes back

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

khwarezm posted:

Personally I think the best course the story could take is Goku getting knocked out by Jiren (or maybe both getting knocked out at the same time) in a way that seems slightly anticlimactic and then Gohan and some of the others have to find a way to win without him while Beerus screams at Goku on the sidelines.

Honestly, Goku and Jiren knocking each other out with a crosspunch is probably the best way to end that clash. It's coincidentally also the way to generate the most salt from the Goku vs. Superman people, because they still don't get closure :v:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Goku is definitely going to get knocked out at some point because Goku is not allowed to win in Super, the only question is whether it will happen in the middle of the tournament or near the very end.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

track day bro! posted:

I'm glad that the universe which was literally a hellhole full of furries got erased and I hope it never comes back

Not emptyquote.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

CharlestonJew posted:

Goku is definitely going to get knocked out at some point because Goku is not allowed to win in Super, the only question is whether it will happen in the middle of the tournament or near the very end.

and it'll be ok because we still have Gohan. Gohan will save everything.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Beerus is like my favourite character. He's always so angry, but his anger is directed exactly where it should be. At Goku and his dumb antics. He's wonderful and I'm so glad Super expanded his role from the movie.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ocatamai posted:

and it'll be ok because we still have Gohan. Gohan will save everything.

Gohan is the strongest in the universe but still doesn't do crap.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Beerus is like my favourite character. He's always so angry, but his anger is directed exactly where it should be. At Goku and his dumb antics. He's wonderful and I'm so glad Super expanded his role from the movie.

I like to think that Beerus is secretly kicking himself for following up on his vision of the super sayian god and just wishes he could get away from these goddamn sayians and all their stupid bullshit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monaghan posted:

I like to think that Beerus is secretly kicking himself for following up on his vision of the super sayian god and just wishes he could get away from these goddamn sayians and all their stupid bullshit.

He is just cranky because all of these crisis are preventing him from napping.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Also he's being forced to interact with relatives.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Monaghan posted:

I mean, Zeno was going to destroy the universes anyway so, if Goku had not suggested the tournament, then he'd be wiped out for being poo poo at his job. At least now he has a chance to save himself.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Alan_Shore posted:

It's actually really great to see Beerus's chickens coming home to roost so consistently. He built up Goku for his own entertainment and then used him as a pawn and now Goku has driven everything off the rails and Beerus's rear end is over the fire and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it but sit and bitch and regret ever looking for the Super Saiyan God.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

I mean, Zeno was going to destroy the universes anyway so, if Goku had not suggested the tournament, then he'd be wiped out for being poo poo at his job. At least now he has a chance to save himself.

On the other hand, being erased along with your entire universe, never knowing it was happening (and probably being asleep at the time) is probably better than spending your last 40 minutes of existence terror-making GBS threads while watching a battle you can't effect for fear of being erased on the spot. Oh, and Shin's there, too.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Here's a thing I'm not totally clear on:

Is Beerus life-bonded to Shin, or Old Kai? Does the life-bond pass with the earrings?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Is Beerus life-bonded to Shin, or Old Kai? Does the life-bond pass with the earrings?

Shin. When Shin died in Future Trunks world so did Beerus.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Pretty sure in the Future Trunks timeline Beerus died when Shin did, so I guess it gets transferred.

Also means Beerus' plan to just seal his Kaioshin in a sword to be safe from accidental deaths or whatever never worked in the first place.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Too bad nobody has thought to use Urien's Aegis Reflector, they could bounce themselves back into the ring. Freeza could make a dozen of 'em and pinball-himself back to safety. He's supposedly obtained near-perfect control over his ki, so why not?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

a cartoon duck posted:

Also means Beerus' plan to just seal his Kaioshin in a sword to be safe from accidental deaths or whatever never worked in the first place.

He never had that plan, for all we know, it's more likely that Beerus sealed Old Kai because they had a disagreement but Beerus couldn't kill him without killing himself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you go by the manga (yeah...) Dabura spitting on the Z-sword and then getting it broken killed the Old Kai so Beerus' doing that as a backup plan failed in any case.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

He never had that plan, for all we know, it's more likely that Beerus sealed Old Kai because they had a disagreement but Beerus couldn't kill him without killing himself.

Yeah I guess my first mistake was assuming Beerus is capable of forward-thinking.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Old Kai probably went "Hello friend Beerus, I am happy to see you here have some tea." and Beerus went "THIS TEA ISN'T ICED TEA" and put him in a sword.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also first Beerus erased Old Kai, thus killing himself, and Whis unwound time, so then Beerus went with Plan #2: Sword.

Covok
May 27, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Old Kai probably went "Hello friend Beerus, I am happy to see you here have some tea." and Beerus went "THIS TEA ISN'T ICED TEA" and put him in a sword.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Also first Beerus erased Old Kai, thus killing himself, and Whis unwound time, so then Beerus went with Plan #2: Sword.

Strangely, despite him acting a little more sensible since Zeno-sama has been scaring him, I can still easily see him doing this.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I want an episode to come out that's just a montage of the times Beerus hosed up and Whis did a do-over.

"What happened that time, Whis?" "You killed yourself, my lord."

"You shouldn't play with your toys so roughly. Look, you broke that poor Saiyan!"

"Calm down, Lord Beerus. That toddler didn't mean to step on your tail."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait a second...

Zeno-sama.

Zen Osama.

Coincidence? Or new level of word play from Toriyama? Yeah it's just a coincidence probably.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Goku did 9/11

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

All I know is that the thread needs more gifs. They remind of me of geocities pages circa 1998.

My friend let me borrow hyper dimension and super butoden 3 for super famicom in highschool and I remember ripping the plastic tabs out of my SNES to play them.

Those games were pretty drat cool at the time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

Goku did 9/11

The sudden unexpected attack where two objects flew into a city and caused massive damage?

Pretty sure that was Vegeta.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Theoretically speaking, if universe 6 (or 7) is erased before the tournament ends, would that not also eliminate half the super dragon balls?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Freakazoid_ posted:

Theoretically speaking, if universe 6 (or 7) is erased before the tournament ends, would that not also eliminate half the super dragon balls?

They have already been gathered by Champa and are presumably in the high priests pocket.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Weird how the only universes with wishing orbs somehow havent managed to make themselves the best universes but hey

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's probably outside of the scope of the regular dragon balls and the super ones are the size of planets and spread across two separate universes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dr.acula posted:

Weird how the only universes with wishing orbs somehow havent managed to make themselves the best universes but hey

The Dragon Balls cause more harm than good. They're either used for selfish, dangerous wishes (King Piccolo, Sorbet) or to fix the deaths caused by people who wanted the Dragon Balls to begin with (post-every crisis, basically).

Even the wishes that don't fall into those are not wishes made to improve the universe, normally being far more small in scale and without extreme consequences. Hell, even if someone tried that kind of wish, it's unlikely Shenlong could grant it, considering his limits, and I doubt Porunga is much better. Super Shenlong meanwhile has been used a grand total of once in this timeline and I want to believe that that improved, even if very slightly, U6's Mortal Level. It may be why it's one position above U7, even.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Using the Dragon balls to wish innocents back to life who have been murdered vs getting unlimited milkshakes for life or whatever is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Dragon Balls cause more harm than good. They're either used for selfish, dangerous wishes (King Piccolo, Sorbet) or to fix the deaths caused by people who wanted the Dragon Balls to begin with (post-every crisis, basically).

Even the wishes that don't fall into those are not wishes made to improve the universe, normally being far more small in scale and without extreme consequences. Hell, even if someone tried that kind of wish, it's unlikely Shenlong could grant it, considering his limits, and I doubt Porunga is much better. Super Shenlong meanwhile has been used a grand total of once in this timeline and I want to believe that that improved, even if very slightly, U6's Mortal Level. It may be why it's one position above U7, even.

I mean, maybe we collect the super dragonballs and wish that all the universes had a super, super high mortal level.

• Locked thread