Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Thanks for the help. Realizing now I misread map. It says necro "equipment" is found in the guild. That mis-read, combined with an assumption that it makes sense for spells to be in the guild threw me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

wazu posted:

Thanks for the help. Realizing now I misread map. It says necro "equipment" is found in the guild. That mis-read, combined with an assumption that it makes sense for spells to be in the guild threw me off.

lol spells in the appropriate guild, you're funny.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

MF_James posted:

lol spells in the appropriate guild, you're funny.

"Paladin Spells" Oh ok... Zzzzzzz

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
What kind of self-respecting necromancer would pass up the opportunity to mumble to themselves occultly in a damp cave while apprentices came to them?

edit: seriously, the guild? pfft

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Are many of you playing on Red? It would be nice to have a goon chat channel/guild.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Logged in for the first time since before Velious release, 60 enchanter with 200+ INT/CHA buffed.

Not really sure what to do, I know I wanna see PoM. Also <Unknown Guild> is pretty dead, eh?

Do I need to grind CoV faction to safely get inside NToV? I know I can buy a CotH to entrance but not sure if I need to do faction work first.

Also... what else is there to do? I've never seen Velks.

I can't believe they disabled spell loadouts... they were allowed last time I played :(

I have a bunch of Kunark spells and a Donal's Helm in bank if anyone needs/wants stuff.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Elephunk posted:

Logged in for the first time since before Velious release, 60 enchanter with 200+ INT/CHA buffed.

Not really sure what to do, I know I wanna see PoM. Also <Unknown Guild> is pretty dead, eh?

Do I need to grind CoV faction to safely get inside NToV? I know I can buy a CotH to entrance but not sure if I need to do faction work first.

I can't believe they disabled spell loadouts... they were allowed last time I played :(

I have a bunch of Kunark spells and a Donal's Helm in bank if anyone needs/wants stuff.

PoM is my favorite zone. Send a tell to Gatmanno, I'll get you there. :)

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Elephunk posted:

Yeah you can bounce all over POM, SG, Velks, WL, SS, Kael.. there are tons of options for enchanters in SOV.

Zoning into TOV doesn't require dragon faction but makes it easier. You'll still need a COTH to POM once you're inside.

<UG> is largely dead with the occasional person, but goons are otherwise all over. You'll find them everywhere from Kittens to Awakened.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Anarch posted:

Yeah you can bounce all over POM, SG, Velks, WL, SS, Kael.. there are tons of options for enchanters in SOV.

Zoning into TOV doesn't require dragon faction but makes it easier. You'll still need a COTH to POM once you're inside.

<UG> is largely dead with the occasional person, but goons are otherwise all over. You'll find them everywhere from Kittens to Awakened.

<Paradox> seems like a cool group of people, I work third shift so I'm trying to see who is online during unemployment-welfare-mom's basement hours

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Dawn Believers has some good people in it and would be another leveling guild suggestion.

Unknown Guild has a handful of players, most of which can get starting players set up with spells or gear. Where the newbies go after that, nobody knows.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

I joined <Sanctuary>, a lowbie leveling guild. Really haven't done much, but usually there are 10+ online. Kinda nice in the areas I'm leveling to see the tag a lot on others in the zone. Almost 20 now and have yet to be attacked. The server /OOC can be amusing when there is PVP action happening.

I hadn't seen any <Unnamed Guild> or would've done that.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I ended up leaving UG because I was the only one online 95% of the time, unfortunately. If anyone around the 40s range ever wants to group or whatever, hit me up on my enchanter, Awbz. I'm usually playing with a pretty regular group that does a lot of the less popular, out-of-the-way dungeons.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 5, 2017

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Kittens who say meow is a pretty chillax casual\leveling guild although they do a lot of 50+ content also. They have a ton of members though, at pretty much all level ranges.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Anyone want some stuff on red in exchange for stuff on blue. I have a pair of plat fire wedding rings and low level wiz stuff like a sacrifical dagger and advisor robe on red. Also on my SK I have a mithril two handed sword and maybe some other junk like banded armor and str rings.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Operation Tiny Turtle was a success :black101:

Caiu defeated Rustle in ~honorable FTE combat~ with pop 10 seconds from end of Lodizal's window, Loce and I landed directly from a raid for the kill (hence no shadows, sorry pals).

grats eyepatch!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Beat 6 other rustle competitors/ The salt from them is worth doing it again because lol p1999 players and their emotional invesmentm

edit: dont mix heroin/meth type no good

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Post the salt or it didn't happen. :colbert:

Just kidding, grats on the haste!

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
The Lodizal FTE contest is the purest p99 experience.

Now I'm remembering doing it for weeks in early 2016 and it's making me feel kind of ill...

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
So a lot has happened in the last two weeks. With the help of Skullmonkey and Caiu i got my monk epic last weekend. Caiu took myself and a few Dawn Believer guildies into the hole on the xp weekend, and died like 20 times. Had a blast. He made 1% xp on a +xp weekend, what a guy. Big thanks to you guys! I hit 51 a night or two ago. Today i won a roll on some 8k sham spear (wts rune etched icewurm fang) while hangin with Gatmanno in kael. This has been the most fun i'v had playing EQ in decades. You guys are the best <3 I'll be on izrd a lot more than daaz now, so..add me if you havn't already!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

The goon crew grows on the daily. Would you like to know more? y/n

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

quote:

There's also a really handy tool that Pilsner/Zliz wrote that is 100% confirmed OK to use on P99 and parses location data from your log file to update your position on an EQAtlas-style map in another window. It's available here: http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

Tried to share this with my guild on Red99 and they think it's bannable. Any idea where the confirmation exists that it is not?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

It's legal as it only reads logs is the admins stance.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
It is confirmed OK in my own conversations with both nilbog and Sirken: reading log data and displaying it outside the client is fine. This was almost two years ago but I doubt anything's changed.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Someone please sell me a Manastone. :unsmith:

also goons feel free to hit me up on Gatmanno for adventures/plevels/both

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Gatmanno doing big things.

I've been logging in with Skullmonkey again. Looking for Velious adventures, short (1-2 hour) dungeon stints, whatever I can drag a 60 warrior into.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Zodium posted:

Someone please sell me a Manastone. :unsmith:

also goons feel free to hit me up on Gatmanno for adventures/plevels/both

how dare you attempt to usurp me as Krew King!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

no gods, no masters :unsmigghh:

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Zodium posted:

no gods, no masters :unsmigghh:

"Aut non"

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

aparmenideanmonad posted:

It is confirmed OK in my own conversations with both nilbog and Sirken: reading log data and displaying it outside the client is fine. This was almost two years ago but I doubt anything's changed.

Thanks. The specific names are what was needed. It seemed like an impossible thing to object to. And the game is so much better with it.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

wazu posted:

Thanks. The specific names are what was needed. It seemed like an impossible thing to object to. And the game is so much better with it.

Considering maps used to be in-game and were disabled after what? 2 years? The devs have sent mixed signals in the past.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Can someone explain a DOT mechanic to me (tried looking on the wiki).

Basically I'm a bard and when I use my single target DOT songs they seem to do twice as much damage when I'm standing still (or is it being in melee range?).

I'm assuming this is intentional to keep back single target kiting - but I couldn't find anything documenting it.

I'm Jepok in game by the way - 42 Bard.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

FungiCap posted:

Basically I'm a bard and when I use my single target DOT songs they seem to do twice as much damage when I'm standing still (or is it being in melee range?).

I'm assuming this is intentional to keep back single target kiting - but I couldn't find anything documenting it.

Dots are only fully effective when a mob is either standing still (including root) or feared (including death walk).

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

FungiCap posted:

It really doesn't stop bard kiting since bard kiting isn't limited by mana constraints, it just takes them longer to do what they were already doing and it's not like Bard DoTs do a whole lot of damage to begin with. I think it was primarily to curtail Druids and Necros and force them to use more mana because snaring and just outrunning the mob while dot's tick is by far the most mana efficient way to solo. DoTs clipping damage if the enemy moves forces them to cast other spells and generally burn more mana, either root for druids or fear for necros.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Thanks for clarifying, looks like my theory was pretty close.

Another one: The bard mana regen songs, do these not increase a bards mana regen? I seem to only be getting 2 mana per tick while sitting with my mana song playing (been doing a lot of charm kiting).

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Worn items with flowing thought are the only way to increase bard mana regen afaik.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

r0rb posted:

Worn items with flowing thought are the only way to increase bard mana regen afaik.

That's true on Live servers at least. Well, FT items and AAs, but this being P99....heh.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

r0rb posted:

correct.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

How do we patch? Do we copy in the entire folder again? Will that wipe out any settings/preferences/UI/etc?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

wazu posted:

How do we patch? Do we copy in the entire folder again? Will that wipe out any settings/preferences/UI/etc?

Yeah just copy+replace everything newer than your current version in your EQ directory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Yeah just copy+replace everything newer than your current version in your EQ directory.

Thanks. Figured they wouldn't overwrite preferences. Just did and all looks good.