Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same, except 120 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
60-90 minutes unless i get too high before and end up in there for two hours because i keep losing track of what set i'm on

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

TenementFunster posted:

60-90 minutes unless i get too high before and end up in there for two hours because i keep losing track of what set i'm on

Lol sounds about right for me too

Some older half naked guy stopped mid shave while i was walking by him, turned around and tried to start a conversation with me this morning in the bathrooms wonder what I missed out on by hurrying away

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You missed out on some good old man dick

Don't underestimate the old mans cock, they may not look like much anymore but they know how to work a mans rear end after decades of experience

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Khorne posted:

I've been going for around 2 to 2 and a half hours on weekends lately. I used to go for 2 hours 4x per week but I have a job with a 3 hour commute (80-90 minutes each way) until I relocate. So I have to go before work, and I start my commute around 6-6:30.

All of that sounds like poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That job better be paying you rich man salary because 3 hours commute? The gently caress is wrong with you you bumbling retard

sorry that was harsh

but still, that's loving grotesque

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope you demanded comp for your lost gym time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao if your sessions are under 1 hour

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Chinatown posted:

I usually last about 2 minutes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Ferret King posted:

I usually last about 2 minutes.

HIIT. Rest for four minutes, then seven more rounds.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Chinatown posted:

My best gym years were when I tried that HIT poo poo with super slow lifts and I was done in the gym in like 18 minutes.

I got real big very fast, but it was death, I couldn't keep it up and felt completely overtrained by the third week (Tried it for 6 months). Couldn't sleep, felt tired all day, it got worse and worse and I stopped seeing gains. I had to take a couple weeks off to reset

Heaviest weights you can handle with proper form, 4 seconds up 6 seconds down per rep, shoot for 1:30 minutes per set, 2-3 sets per compound exercise, 15-30 second rest between sets, compound exercises only with maybe one specific muscle targeting exercise per session, every set to failure, 48 hour rest between gym sessions

gently caress it works but it's a nightmare, I was 25 or so but trying it again in my 30's gently caress no... OR maybe I should try it again on steroids

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
There's only like 5 lifts I can still do without pain so 25 minutes to do 5 sets of 8 of whatever a couple of times a week is my limit.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I stopped working out for 3 months and I feel like I lost zero muscle while I gained ten pounds.

If I can successfully delude myself will I never have to return to the gym?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I went off the rails for 3 weeks and maybe worked out 4 times, tonight I got my poo poo together and did my first proper deadlift workout in weeks and hit my max :toot:

I had lost 4 pounds so that was really a shock. I guess the ultimate secret to gym strength is being very angry at yourself and generally everything, and being horny.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the secret is actually steroids

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

I have never heard of these so called "steroids" before, sounds made up honestly.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

the secret is actually steroids
How can steroids be the secret when everyone on instagram is natural?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I can't wait to be the next natty Mr Olympia, just like my hero Ronnie Coleman

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*looks like a condom stuffed with walnuts*

Yeah bro I'm natty

Look bro, all u need is hard work bro

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Alot of hard work went into making my entire body look as veiny as dick skin, and nothing else except these supplements that I endorse please buy them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Apparently I left a bunch of back skin on our squat bar for the other gym patron to find.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Wear a loving shirt

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I was wearing a sporting top

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Wear a turtleneck, smdh. Nobody wants to look at that poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Why'd she marry me then?!?!?!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dum Cumpster posted:

Why'd she marry me then?!?!?!

thicc legs

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
hmm, checks out

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There is nothing a woman craves more than a decent set of quads

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
my front delts are loving killing me. they didn't hurt at all really when I benched monday but now they have a mega tender spot around where the subscapularis tendon attaches to the humerus. The weird thing is I can do impingement tests fine, even stretch in both internal and external rotation and it feels fine. It's stretching my front delt with a doorway stretch that hurts like hell, so maybe just a pissed off delt. I dunno but I'm going to get a referral for a physio tomorrow so maybe I can find out what the gently caress is up with this. Just when my knee has been behaving really well something else breaks.

Work isn't going to be happy if I miss a day which is ironic considering that's the reason I'm always injured. We even had a safety meeting today with something like "You are our investment, we want you to be healthy!" now work 11 10s in a row fuckers

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 13, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your body is either dying or you do everything wrong at the gym all the time for you to always be in such agony and constant state of suffering, Drunk Driver Dad

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
DDD do you have loving progeria or something gently caress

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

my front delts are loving killing me. they didn't hurt at all really when I benched monday but now they have a mega tender spot around where the subscapularis tendon attaches to the humerus. The weird thing is I can do impingement tests fine, even stretch in both internal and external rotation and it feels fine. It's stretching my front delt with a doorway stretch that hurts like hell, so maybe just a pissed off delt. I dunno but I'm going to get a referral for a physio tomorrow so maybe I can find out what the gently caress is up with this. Just when my knee has been behaving really well something else breaks.

Work isn't going to be happy if I miss a day which is ironic considering that's the reason I'm always injured. We even had a safety meeting today with something like "You are our investment, we want you to be healthy!" now work 11 10s in a row fuckers

I told you about all that pressing.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
dudes, i worked out for almost a year before this job, no problems at all. my form checks usually go well. you fuckheads try working a million hours a week. I've even cut my drinking down to like 1 or 2 to make sure it wasn't that. i've been eating vegetables too!

I'm not sure my pressing volume is really that high and I do a lot of face pulls. Either way, rotator cuff stuff doesn't seem to be bothering me, the best a person that's not a doctor trying impingement tests on youtube can tell anyway.

I'm not really expecting the general clinic doc to really enlighten me too much either, but I can get my physio referral at least. Going to have bloodwork done while I'm there as well.

e again: my other doctor thinks meds I'm on could cause low testosterone. Could that make me more prone to injury? Although I was on those meds for that year I mentioned earlier, but that was when I first started them, basically.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 13, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Almost a year wow if issues didn't occur during that time they never would have!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Work out almost a year, no real problems, goes pretty good. Start working well over full time hours constantly in a physical job, and issues immediately crop up when I start again. Yeah I'm being unreasonable suspecting that that is one of the big issues. Either way, I'm sure it can all be worked around, I just need a PT.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

dudes, i worked out for almost a year before this job, no problems at all. my form checks usually go well. you fuckheads try working a million hours a week. I've even cut my drinking down to like 1 or 2 to make sure it wasn't that. i've been eating vegetables too!

I'm not sure my pressing volume is really that high and I do a lot of face pulls. Either way, rotator cuff stuff doesn't seem to be bothering me, the best a person that's not a doctor trying impingement tests on youtube can tell anyway.

I'm not really expecting the general clinic doc to really enlighten me too much either, but I can get my physio referral at least. Going to have bloodwork done while I'm there as well.

e again: my other doctor thinks meds I'm on could cause low testosterone. Could that make me more prone to injury? Although I was on those meds for that year I mentioned earlier, but that was when I first started them, basically.

Well, steroids generally make you heal much much faster. That's the whole point of them. Your muscles heal faster = build muscles faster. Recovery is improved massively. That's why so many athletes use them as well... This way they can go hard in the training sessions and recover much faster than guys who don't use

So maybe low-T makes you generally more "worn out".

What I'm saying is, buddy,

do steroids

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Well, steroids generally make you heal much much faster. That's the whole point of them. Your muscles heal faster = build muscles faster. Recovery is improved massively. That's why so many athletes use them as well... This way they can go hard in the training sessions and recover much faster than guys who don't use

So maybe low-T makes you generally more "worn out".

What I'm saying is, buddy,

do steroids

i'm just going to stop talking about it. i'm incredibly stressed out man. I didn't expect any kind of real help here, obviously, I was mostly just making conversation but lifting has been a big help in dealing with depression and all kind of dumb poo poo that was my fault earlier in life and all these injury roadblocks are incredibly frustrating for me.

Constipated posted:

Doing anything manual labor related for more than 50 hours a week is hell. Sounds like it's the repetitive motions your job requires that is loving you up. I remember I used to pack little car speakers into trays for Pioneer Electronics that we would test on a conveyor line everyday (oh god the sounds WOOPWOOPWOOP) and that repetitive reaching, twisting and shifting in place hosed me up in all sorts of ways, even though it was mostly very light weight stuff. The sides of my big and little toes went completely numb for a long time, even after quitting because of the slight shifting of my feet inside my shoes when I would grab the speakers off the line.

I walk around a warehouse and grab heavy things now, and its really chill. Pay is loving atrocious, but there are SO many worse jobs to have.

Yeah, it sucks. The days can be pretty random, sometimes I'll have to pack coils that are like 25 lbs and 4 feet long, straighten them, pick them up put them on a protracter at face level to make sure angles are good, then press them, etc. It's really hard to tell what's what though. I'm not always injured. Sometimes I'll feel really good, like Monday I wouldn't have bench pressed if it hurt to do. Then days like the past day or two happen. I don't know, I'm sure a PT should help and I'm going to go to one whether I have to miss work or not.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 13, 2017

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Doing anything manual labor related for more than 50 hours a week is hell. Sounds like it's the repetitive motions your job requires that is loving you up. I remember I used to pack little car speakers into trays for Pioneer Electronics that we would test on a conveyor line everyday (oh god the sounds WOOPWOOPWOOP) and that repetitive reaching, twisting and shifting in place hosed me up in all sorts of ways, even though it was mostly very light weight stuff. The sides of my big and little toes went completely numb for a long time, even after quitting because of the slight shifting of my feet inside my shoes when I would grab the speakers off the line.

I walk around a warehouse and grab heavy things now, and its really chill. Pay is loving atrocious, but there are SO many worse jobs to have.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i'm just going to stop talking about it. i'm incredibly stressed out man. I didn't expect any kind of real help here, obviously, I was mostly just making conversation but lifting has been a big help in dealing with depression and all kind of dumb poo poo that was my fault earlier in life and all these injury roadblocks are incredibly frustrating for me.

I'm not being ironic or anything when I say "do steroids"

Once you're above a certain age I recommend it to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
And I'm an actual honest to god Doctor