Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

rio posted:

poo poo! So I have been sharing Mash - I thought she was free just because she was in the story, not because of the slot. So then I have to swap the party every time I stop playing to have someone in my party as the character I share with others? That is pretty drat clunky unless I am misunderstanding.

You're misunderstanding. Just try it, you'll figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't do anything to your party, support setup is entirely separate. It's 8 slots, 7 for all of the servant classes and one for whatever servant you want to put in there aka the main slot that people will most likely see first.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I got 3 Caster Piece drops almost in a row from Orleans. Yay I can ascend Waver again

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

rio posted:

Edit: wait, I misunderstood. I did have Tamocat as my first support setup character. What is the purpose of all of the slots in that menu? If the first one is the one that is shared then what are all of the other class slots for?

All slots in your support setup is available to everyone. When selecting your support partner you can pick their class at the top. Same thing for others when using yours. You're not forced to use the "free" slot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

MonsieurChoc posted:

The only two Servants in the game right now who don't take extra damage from Enuma Elish are Mozart and Romulus.

why does two in particular?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

Enuma Elish does bonus damage to all Servants, except for Servants with the Star attribute, except for some Star attribute Servants that take extra damage from it anyway. That's not a very satisfying answer, I guess.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

rio posted:

Edit: wait, I misunderstood. I did have Tamocat as my first support setup character. What is the purpose of all of the slots in that menu? If the first one is the one that is shared then what are all of the other class slots for?

The other slots are also shared. You can share 8 different servants with people. When you enter a quest and select your Support Servant, at the top are the symbols for all the main classes. Those are buttons you can press to scroll through the other slots available to use.

Don't worry if you never noticed,. The game never tells you about it. I quit playing playing for a while when there used to only be one slot. When I came back, I only figured out you could select from multiple servants by accident.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Thuryl posted:

Enuma Elish does bonus damage to all Servants, except for Servants with the Star attribute, except for some Star attribute Servants that take extra damage from it anyway. That's not a very satisfying answer, I guess.

I don't think Mozart is that special

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Mozart because he has the same VA as Gilgamesh. Romulus because iunno.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Thuryl posted:

Even in the mechanics Gil is just that annoying.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

Mozart because he has the same VA as Gilgamesh. Romulus because iunno.

Romulus is kinda like Gil in that he's considered Divine but suppressed that aspect of himself out of his love for humanity. So maybe that's why.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JP FGO NEWS

Costumes are getting dropped into FGO and Summer Rerun part 1 is happening

First one is Mash's

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They were hinting at it the whole time with the Servants in alt. costumes in the EoR singularities!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This means I'm getting my booty shorts Salter and fur coat Jalter and that's good

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They better or there will be riots.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

They go into it a bit in EMIYA's interlude and later in the London chapter, but all characters in FGO have a hidden attribute of Earth, Man, Sky, Star, or Beast. There's some lore about what each attribute means, with Earth being local legends and spirits, Man being people brought up through history, and Sky being divine beings, but honestly it's full of holes.

90% of servants fall in the first three categories, which make a triangle. Earth is strong against Man, which is strong against Sky, which is strong against Earth.

There's only 11 star servants in the JP game so far, only two of which are in the NA version. The criterion for being a star servant is kind of weird, but IIRC is generally given to servants with a very unique origin (like Scathach or Mysterious Heroine X) or who represent a turning point of history or something (like Romulus, Da Vinci, or Tesla). Not really sure if that applies to Mozart, but anyway.

There's only a few beast-types in the game. Just a few big bosses and Kiara from the CCC event.

In any event, Gil's NP does bonus damage to servants except Star servants. Except that Jeanne and Scathach don't for some reason, speculated because they take less damage due to their class.

It's dumb but basically you're usually safe in just figuring that Enuma Elish does extra damage to servants.

I mostly ignored the summer event last year even though it was pretty good, so I'm glad for the rerun.

Kinda surprised they don't seem to be releasing any new swimsuit servants, though, I know some people had been expecting Karmilla or Raikou.

Captain Baal posted:

This means I'm getting my booty shorts Salter and fur coat Jalter and that's good

Can't get casual Jalter if you don't have Jalter to start with! :shepicide:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're gonna do new summer servants after the rerun most likely, they've already said they have some dude swimsuit servants they're planning to drop and raikou also got brought up. Some of the dudes the mentioned were Andersen, Astolfo, and bedivere and Asterios has swimwear for the 2nd Anniversary event stuff, so I imagine that we're def getting a summer 2017 after 2nd anniversary stream.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That's going to be a really long sumemr event, considering the length of Summer2016 and that it was a 2-part event.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are the AP and Super/Great Success bonuses always active during any ol' event or rateup?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

Are the AP and Super/Great Success bonuses always active during any ol' event or rateup?
No, only when success boost is an event by itself.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well then it would be real, real nice if I could get these last few monuments so as to take advantage of the Super/Great Success bonus, because I imagine it's going to take a whole lot of gold cards to get Jeanne up to 80 or especially 90. Though at the same time I feel like I've had pretty bad luck with getting Supers/Greats during this rateup, I can't say it feels like it's happening more frequently.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Are data downloads that don't require an update from the google play store particularly indicative of anything in FGO? There was one this morning When I finished a dungeon I started last night.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

SaffronKit posted:

Are data downloads that don't require an update from the google play store particularly indicative of anything in FGO? There was one this morning When I finished a dungeon I started last night.

Not really. They pushed an update this morning for whales since Gilgamesh wasn't available in special summon. Now you can buy him once with 5* dupes items during his banner.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

SaffronKit posted:

The game downloads story assets and stuff as it goes along, which may be what happened? There's a setting in options that lets you download all of those ahead of time.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Note that both the Star Servants that are still vulnerable to Enuma Elish are already in classes that take half damage from Archers anyways (one's Jeanne, the other is a currently unreleased Lancer). So them being "vulnerable" to it really just means they take roughly neutral, or slightly below neutral, damage.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I'm late but Mozart is star attribute because of his third skill tbqh.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Somebody online said "FGO Lancelot sounds like Pyro from TF2" and now I can't take him seriously at all.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pierson posted:

Somebody online said "FGO Lancelot sounds like Pyro from TF2" and now I can't take him seriously at all.

I always thought of him as a very anfry, very armoured Murloc. Especially with the wailing during his NP

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if Mozart is so important, why is he so ugly

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HiveCommander posted:

I always thought of him as a very anfry, very armoured Murloc. Especially with the wailing during his NP

So basically Murky in his Murkalot skin from Heroes of the Storm.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lancelot sounds like me trying to talk to my dentist while she's cleaning my teeth.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Lancelot sounds like me trying to talk to my dentist while she's cleaning my teeth.

most apt description I've heard of lancelot yet

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Pureauthor posted:

i wish i was Lancelot because then i could wield the dentist's plaque-cleaning tool myself instead of them scratching my gums with it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I realize this isn't the Fate anime thread, but is there anything available to watch dubbed in the series other than Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night? We're nearly done with Zero (and Jesus loving Christ, whoever said Gilles was terrible in the anime was right.. gently caress that owl eyed freak.) and we'd like to see more if its out there. I know a lot of content is tied up in visual novels and video games.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is also Unlimited Blade works.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There is Carnival Phantasm, the greatest thing ever created by Type Moon.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Three seasons of Prisma Illya are dubbed as well if you're into magical girl stuff with a Fate twist.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

There is Carnival Phantasm, the greatest thing ever created by Type Moon.

It really is. Heracles' moments alone are golden.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hunt11 posted:

There is also Unlimited Blade works.

How is this different than Fate/Stay Night? This might be what we watched, actually.. its on NetFlix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

How is this different than Fate/Stay Night? This might be what we watched, actually.. its on NetFlix.

If it was on netflix then that would have been what you watched.