Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Now that I think about it my grandfather used to be convinced black peoples weere stealing his chickens even though everyone knew wild dogs were getting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

clinton had fairly conventional and nuanced foreign policy views (for better or worse) so this isn't a surprise

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fuk now i got to play civ 4 thanks ashole

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

yeah but why lumber specifically

was that particular hiding spot that common

are you unfamiliar with the concept of hiding

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you dshall hammer ur iron when it is glopwing hot

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/884417407456088064

quote:

A six course taster-menu at the Jules Verne would normally set you back €230 per person. That's before you've tasted some of the 430 wines it boasts in its cellar.

According to Pairs Match Trump and Macron and their respected delegations, other halves and special guests will dine on blue lobster and caviar as well numerous other delicacies.

the president of the united states has the palate of a 4 year old lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

fuk now i got to play civ 4 thanks ashole

deathstacks for everyone

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the page were we start decade 3 of barron's reign of terror

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

are you unfamiliar with the concept of hiding

look i'm just saying a pile of lumber would not be my first choice of hiding place, mostly because it seems insane

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yinlock posted:

look i'm just saying a pile of lumber would not be my first choice of hiding place, mostly because it seems insane

where do you expect them to hide, the ramada inn????

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zikan posted:

they're gonna give him ketchup-steak and tell him he had lobster so he can feel like a big boy :3:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eww, a d&d link :cry:

Yinlock posted:

thats a lot of anythink and consideration for wood piles, even for a milkdrinker

how about she said something really wrong and bad and you frown at that breathless absurdity just to keep things simple for you before you lose the thread :thunk:

Yinlock posted:

Hmm, its almost as if you are implying that hiding has luxuries and options. You take what you can get in your lovely environment. Stop.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

1850s Slavery Hiding Spot Reviews Dot Com

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if wed enslaved canadians the expression would be "yinlock in the la quinta"

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

Zikan posted:

macron probably knows that, he's dunking on him

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Catching up with the news after my periodic wknd news blackout and I regretted almost immediately. Couple things that jumped out at me

quote:

But as anxiety grows — and as the fog surrounding the Trump-Russia question gets thicker — there is a tangible fear of the unknown. No one knows how far Trump and his affiliates would go to silence their critics, or the reporters they talk to.

Rumors have ricocheted among national security officials and journalists in recent weeks that Trump- or GOP-related operatives have hired private eyes to try and intimidate reporters, or run rogue operations to find their sources. Some U.S. officials voiced concern to POLITICO that the White House could be seeking amenable employees in different agencies to do its bidding, effectively sanctioning its own, parallel — and informal — intimidation measures.

The Obama administration was known to be hostile toward reporters’ sources, prosecuting more leak investigations than any of the previous administrations combined. But there was a standard — though still worthy of criticism — that leak prosecutions involved clear and present threats to national security.

“There is an established procedure for initiating leak investigations. And it includes a finding by an agency that not only is the leak accurate, but that it also damaged national security in a way that can be articulated,” Aftergood said. “There are many leaks that simply do not meet that standard.”

But that bar, under Trump, appears to be recalculated. There are early indications that the White House considers the release of embarrassing information a transgression tantamount to the unauthorized disclosure of state secrets. Under Trump, there is concern that the full weight of these probes could be used to find political dissidents within the ranks — with the violation not being rooted in a criminal statute, but instead in Trump’s expectation of loyalty.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/07/trumps-leak-vendetta-sends-chills-240274

Bannon's deoperationalizing spreading into the national security appartus, with the WH trying to create a parallel structure in the intel community based on personal loyalty.

A good summary of what happened in the G20: http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshh2Imi0hBPPj1JT45N

Meanwhile....

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/884423129212358657

And

https://twitter.com/ChemtrailAutism/status/884342497828327424

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Hmm, its almost as if you are implying that hiding has luxuries and options. You take what you can get in your environment. Stop.

im sorry i wasnt aware that making fun of an old rear end expression was off limits

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

eww, a d&d link :cry:

gently caress! I forgot.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/CITeam_en/status/884365589967458304

I am utterly shocked and amazed, just flabbergasted

:monocle:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zikan posted:

Its a good plan because the food is expensive so Trump will have to pretend to love it and throw a temper tantrum later.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Zikan posted:

watch trump throw a tweet tantrum over not getting a royale w/ cheese

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Bannon's deoperationalizing spreading into the national security appartus, with the WH trying to create a parallel structure in the intel community based on personal loyalty.

mcmaster is actually jettisoning bannon loyalists so that might be why

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Zikan posted:

The legit best way to troll Trump as a world leader is to feed him things most people would gladly pay hundreds of dollars to try after making sure he goes up a few flights of stairs. I bet next time Saudi host him, they'll just have a silver platter with big macs and kfc on it.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

honestly we just need to make a thread where we openly make fake poo poo and troll t_d with it. are forum invasions still a bad thing

photoshop thread, not forums invasion :ninja:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

where do u like to hide

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

I'm reading Naomi Klein's No Is Not Enough. It's good but I feel like I know a lot of the stuff in it in a general sense from this thread already. I'm also reading a Dragon Age tie in book

I'm looking for more non-fiction books that are either post-Trump winning, or are not but sufficiently get the whole Escalator culture we live in now. Any suggestions? I was thinking Democracy in Chains

I don't read too much political stuff so no. For the true post-Trump experience I recommend Fallout: New Vegas

I'd ask the recommendation thread in book barn maybe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

where do u like to hide

under ur bed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

im sorry i wasnt aware that making fun of an old rear end expression was off limits

You can only take it so far before it goes full circle and it's getting a bit dark actually considering their position and choices at the time

I mean you're already flippantly talking about the hiding spots that they don't have a luxury to choose from

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
First ever C-SPAM meetup to be held at a lumber yard. We will be running a hide and seek contest for prizes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Rereading one of my warham books again, Age of Darkness
Short stories by a variety of authors

One of the good ones i just finished is about an underground fortress built on the roof of a gigantic cavern of a weird planet full of holes and caves, all its battlements and spires pointed down like an incredible stalactite formation.

It gets attacked and boy is it a really bad idea to try and seige an upside down fortress.
Not only that but after a year and losing like a million dudes they finally over take the place only to have the defenders demo charge the foundations and send the whole trillion tons of rock falling to the cavern floor full of invaders and landing on their titan mecha seige engines and bases below lmao

their last words were

TRUMP!!!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the point i was trying to get at and lost is that the expression is pointlessly dumb + racist, i wasnt trying to be like "lol get better hiding spots scrubs"

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Yinlock posted:

Origins are unclear, but the phrase probably came about around the time that the underground railroad was in full swing, for reasons that are hopefully self-evident.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

under ur bed

*squeezes into under-bed storage container* heh hehehe h... i cant breathe!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

the new Twin Peaks was good

Was there no new ep last night? I was ready with Twin Peaks watching paraphenalia (coffee, an owl) and it didn't show up on Showtime. The owl was pissed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm no political expert, but wouldn't Locking Her Up end up helping the Democrats by preventing Clinton from running in 2020?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gently caress reagan

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whoa tories are bad????? :thunk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

I wrote: "Be silent you dog!" at an islamophobe in /r/politics and was banned

I got banned on my main for telling someone to catch a guillotine with their mouth :(

also my gimmick account "racist_decoder_ring" was banned immediately for "racism" because I would quote dogwhistles and translate them to normal whistles - i.e., "black culture" became "black genetics" and "thugs/urban youth" became "n*******", etc.

This dude is doing the lords work though - https://www.reddit.com/user/ExplainsRacistJokes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

creating opposed factions in the intelligence and military communities sounds like a recipe for FULL BALKANIZATION NOW :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

Origins are unclear, but the phrase probably came about around the time that the underground railroad was in full swing, for reasons that are hopefully self-evident.

oh see that makes way more sense

• Locked thread