Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's kind of amazing how poorly those arcade brawlers hold up when ported to consoles. Removed from arcades and the cool cabinet and horrendous difficulty there's just nothing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just got a Switch. Zelda is very good. Playing Zelda in bed is borderline magical.

It doesn't feel very secure in the dock, though, like you can move it around? What's up with that, Nintendo? It works fine but you'd think it would be a little more securely fitting device. Not a plastic holder that could seemingly scratch my screen if I'm not super careful when placing it in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They took X-Men out of MvC Infinite so they could put them in a Switch exclusive: X-Men vs Nothing. It's one player only.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/884396818540281856

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Love him saying "We heard your feedback and are giving you what you've asked for" like he's sitting in on the board meetings with the game developer.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Not a plastic holder that could seemingly scratch my screen if I'm not super careful when placing it in.

Get a glass screen protector.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Any colorblind people buy Puyopuyo Tetris? The demo is unplayable and google seems to think there are various colorblind options, but that kind of thing can be super hit or miss .

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Love him saying "We heard your feedback and are giving you what you've asked for" like he's sitting in on the board meetings with the game developer.
I didn't see Cappy anywhere but it's obvious that he's been possessed by Reggie.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

AndrewP posted:

I just got a Switch. Zelda is very good. Playing Zelda in bed is borderline magical.

It doesn't feel very secure in the dock, though, like you can move it around? What's up with that, Nintendo? It works fine but you'd think it would be a little more securely fitting device. Not a plastic holder that could seemingly scratch my screen if I'm not super careful when placing it in.

I agree, the big ol' dock is dumb. I just want a cable or adaptor of some kind to plug HDMI into my switch.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 10, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Only thing that bothers me is that I have to plug the joycons into the switch to charge em without buying a new charger.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huxley posted:

Any colorblind people buy Puyopuyo Tetris? The demo is unplayable and google seems to think there are various colorblind options, but that kind of thing can be super hit or miss .

There are. With a few points (or put in an unlock code), you can get alternate shapes and colors for the Puyo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Huxley posted:

In the full game, you can actually switch the puyos to be different shapes, they even have one specifically for colorblind people. I'm not colorind, but I played with a colorblind buddy. I forgot at first in our first round, but then I turned on the colorblind shapes and it was a night and day difference.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

In the full game, you can actually switch the puyos to be different shapes, they even have one specifically for colorblind people. I'm not colorind, but I played with a colorblind buddy. I forgot at first in our first round, but then I turned on the colorblind shapes and it was a night and day difference.

Thanks both!

That was basically our experience, too. We played Tetris a few times and then swapped over and it took about 20 seconds before I put the controller in my lap and just shrugged at my wife.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
You can make Puyos Sonic character heads. :kiddo:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GreenNight posted:

Only thing that bothers me is that I have to plug the joycons into the switch to charge em without buying a new charger.

How would you prefer to charge them? Just in the grip?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Takoluka posted:

How would you prefer to charge them? Just in the grip?

Yeah or a microusb or any port on the joycon itself.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

AndrewP posted:

The part of the dock you plug into moves slightly, presumably to make it easier to dock and put less pressure on the Switch's USB port if you wiggle it around.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GreenNight posted:

Yeah or a microusb or any port on the joycon itself.

MicroUSB ports in the individual Joycons would be really dumb.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's dumber having to undock the switch every time I need to charge em up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why would you not store your joycons on the Switch when not in use?

You can put them on your switch without undocking it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What, you mean I have to walk to my entertainment center like some kind of scrub?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
STUX Dr. Tim Whatley game when?

Nintendo WTF

PISS

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Man, what games?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Bloop posted:

STUX Dr. Tim Whatley game when?

Nintendo WTF

PISS

WHEN!!!!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh I started Blaster Master at the weekend and it's pretty fun. The on-foot sections seem quite short for the most part but I've only finished the first level.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

irlZaphod posted:

Oh I started Blaster Master at the weekend and it's pretty fun. The on-foot sections seem quite short for the most part but I've only finished the first level.

Some of them are much longer and more trying. Don't forget to grab the dlc as it comes out for free since you need to pay after a while.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

it's a great little "retro classic" game that has a lot to play with but keeps things brief enough so you aren't getting tired of segments constantly. I hope the DLC they're pumping out eventually includes expansions to the main game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Chronojam posted:

Some of them are much longer and more trying. Don't forget to grab the dlc as it comes out for free since you need to pay after a while.
Yeah I grabbed the Shantae one, I'll get SK when it comes out. I missed the earlier 2 ones though, but they're only €2 each or something like that if I really want to get them.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

:toxx: I will have a new thread up by Midnight 7/11 US Central Time(Chicago) tonight.

I don't want any "X GAME WHEN" poo poo posting in it, please.

Thank God. Maybe I'm just cranky but gently caress is this type of posting stupid.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A new thread would be perfect for the Switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Blaster Master was fun and worth the price but I don't really "get" playing as Gunvolt - I have no idea what's going on and it certainly didn't add anything to the experience.

Is Shantae any better?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

Blaster Master was fun and worth the price but I don't really "get" playing as Gunvolt - I have no idea what's going on and it certainly didn't add anything to the experience.

Is Shantae any better?

Shantae is a lot better. If you've played her games it makes sense. I suspect if I'd played Gunvolt games he would make a lot more sense too. Apparently how he works is his bullets are low damage and serve only to tag enemies, and the real damage comes from his lightning which hits tagged enemies, and if you've played his games you're used to it and it's second nature. But I haven't played his games.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&th=1

Amazon finally has NEON Switches available for prime users.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“lovely Wizard”" post="“474223548”"]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&th=1

Amazon finally has NEON Switches available for prime users.
[/quote]

Buying a Switch with non-matching Joycons :lol:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
yes but how soon is when

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

when what? why when?

who?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When is now if you're playing the Trial of the Sword in Master Mode.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When is the new I like how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When is the new up

• Locked thread