Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That timeline checks out, give or take a year, if you consider all the Marvel Phase One films take place within a year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

No. Why would you think that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_kdtfADJk

There is CGI done, yes. But it's to enhance what's there already.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7gQSl6ZWc

Tom Holland actually does a lot of his own stunts.
Okay, Spider-Man I guess I can understand because of the spandex suit. But Iron Man? There's literally no reason for RDJ to be on set.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The city web-slinging scenes weren't the best in terms of CGI. They actually looked quite similar to the McGuire equivalent, especially in the bright daytime shots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

They're dumb movies, but they're dumb fun and dumb funny. gently caress YOU SCIENCE.

They're actually really smart movies.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

They're actually really smart movies.

I agree, that's why they're dumb.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Is Homecoming the first confirmed use of Dad jokes by a comic movie villain?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Does Darth Vader's choke line from Rogue One count?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Eh, I like to bag on Marvel as much as the next guy, buy they did do the excellent Mandarin twist in Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 3 is also the most non "Marvel Movie" Marvel movie.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I liked Homecoming, although I'm a little bitter that they took my personal favorite Greatest Spider-Man Moment and squandered it.

But it was pretty good. Better than I expected, definitely.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was nonplussed by Homecoming. It was...there...and I'll forget most of it after the fact. Nothing in particular really stood out to me, but I didn't "mind" anything i saw.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

My girlfriend's family had a big cookout this weekend, and I talked to her six year old nephew there, who told me they had just seen Spider-Man. I asked him if he liked it, and his response was, "No. He didn't really do anything. He only fought people."

I then asked him what his favorite superhero movie was, and he immediately replied, "Batman vs. Superman."

He has a bright future as a CineD poster ahead of him.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

"No. He didn't really do anything. He only fought people."

This kid gets it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chairman Capone posted:

My girlfriend's family had a big cookout this weekend, and I talked to her six year old nephew there, who told me they had just seen Spider-Man. I asked him if he liked it, and his response was, "No. He didn't really do anything. He only fought people."

I then asked him what his favorite superhero movie was, and he immediately replied, "Batman vs. Superman."

He only fought people or he only fought people?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Lobok posted:

He only fought people or he only fought people?

The former.

It was such a CD thing to say I almost started laughing.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

The former.

It was such a CD thing to say I almost started laughing.

Kid clearly forgot about Spider-Man pulling off a pretty good flip.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Serf posted:

Kid clearly forgot about Spider-Man pulling off a pretty good flip.

Needed more scenes of him loving around.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The scenes of Clark/Superman trying not to fight people is some of the best stuff in Man of Steel and BvS, and that's saying something.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Our future looks bright

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Not in a world where we have Mr. Freeze's puns from Batman & Robin.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Freeze wasn't a dad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He didnt get a chance you monster. :(

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Also, there's some mathematical equation where Dad jokes can use puns, but the presence of puns themselves does not make something a Dad joke.

Mr. Freeze was just ice puns.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Surely there was at least one dad joke in the original 1966 Batman movie.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The kid probably means the film sucked because Spiderman didn't kill anybody by branding them with a Spidey-sign.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fangz posted:

The kid probably means the film sucked because Spiderman didn't kill anybody by branding them with a Spidey-sign.

He’s going to love the Superior Spider-Man adaptation whenever they get around to making it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ciaran Hinds, who is playing Steppenwolf in Justice League, says that he has never met any of the cast and was never on set.

He apparently filmed all of his scenes on a greenscreen by himself in a green suit.

He also said that Steppenwolf never wears armor like the toy version that was leaked recently. So, the toy is not accurate to the film.

quote:

I'm sure I will meet them at the premiere. No, I don’t know whether they’re all afraid to come and meet me– no, no they weren’t, really. Because it’s imaginary, you do it with green screen… That was another challenge, you could say, yeah. But it was quite fun. And they’re very encouraging in what you do, suggesting ‘Over here, look over there, imagine that, do this here, they’re coming at you now.'
http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-steppenwolf-cg-actor/

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Chairman Capone posted:

And then everyone stood up and started clapping.

And that kid.... was Albert Einstein.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I liked Homecoming, although I'm a little bitter that they took my personal favorite Greatest Spider-Man Moment and squandered it.

But it was pretty good. Better than I expected, definitely.

Cool, I would have thought they'd hold off on Peter being crushed by tons of rubble until he remembers Aunt May needs him until at least Sinister Six vs Spider-Man vs Venom 2: Maximum Carnage.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Idiot kid didn't know that it's "v.," not "vs.;" I bet he doesn't even understand the legal implication!!

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

He also said that Steppenwolf never wears armor like the toy version that was leaked recently. So, the toy is not accurate to the film.
http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-steppenwolf-cg-actor/

Sounds more like he's saying that he never wore any armor on the mocap stage, not that the leaked toy image is inaccurate.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Whenever childhood movies come up, half the folks in CD are like "my favorite movie at age 3 was El Topo and I turned out fine!"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Martman posted:

Idiot kid didn't know that it's "v.," not "vs.;" I bet he doesn't even understand the legal implication!!

Trap sprung: there's no . at the end of 'v'.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gyges posted:

Cool, I would have thought they'd hold off on Peter being crushed by tons of rubble until he remembers Aunt May needs him until at least Sinister Six vs Spider-Man vs Venom 2: Maximum Carnage.

It would have been cooler had he the suit and Stark dials him and goes "Dude you gotta get out of this...it's gonna be tougher to bang May when she's bummed about you dying. Do it for me, your dad-bro!"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Trap sprung: there's no . at the end of 'v'.
Wow gently caress, I'm confused... does that mean it's really Batman 5: Superman?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Martman posted:

Wow gently caress, I'm confused... does that mean it's really Batman 5: Superman?

There's no : at the end of v either!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Martman posted:

In Krypton the v without a period means versus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Batman Vvvvvv Superman: speedrunning race

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gatts posted:

In Krypton the v without a period means versus.

It's like how X means hug and O means kiss except well you can see where I am going with this

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I would've thought a kid watching BvS would either be bored or horrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Batman verse Superman.

• Locked thread