Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
2K18 is going to be on the switch? that's pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

I wonder if they'll base it on the new versions or on like 2k15 on PS3 or something else horrible. But also I like to stream so The Boys can watch me beat up triple h so i'd probably still end up getting it on PS4 unless they add streaming to the switch like they said they would (lol)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bard Maddox posted:

Yeah you switch it the gently caress off and play Fire Pro

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Golashes posted:

I wonder if they'll base it on the new versions or on like 2k15 on PS3 or something else horrible. But also I like to stream so The Boys can watch me beat up triple h so i'd probably still end up getting it on PS4 unless they add streaming to the switch like they said they would (lol)

The Switch is more or less as powerful as the original versions of PS4 and Xbone, isn't it? I imagine it should be a lot better than during the Wii days when the system specs were a lot weaker.

I got Smackdown vs Raw 08 or something for Wii back in the day, holy gently caress that was dire. No specialty matches and so much loving waggling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Perry Normal posted:

The Switch is more or less as powerful as the original versions of PS4 and Xbone, isn't it? I imagine it should be a lot better than during the Wii days when the system specs were a lot weaker.
Not even close.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

beggar posted:

In WWE2k14 they had mixed tag matches, and if you so much as brushed against the other gendered opponent you were hit with an insta-DQ regardless of the ruleset. We tried about three matches that all ended in dumb DQ calls before we gave up and did Diva only Hell in a Cells. I imagine they "improve" on that by canning you into a tag animation whenever the other team tags out among other stupid decisions in appeasement of ???. I guess the logic is these are real performers as opposed to other games where this is and never has been an issue, but when Nintendo games and the dang Lego games are more lenient than the WWE games on the issue, its fuckin' goofy.

This information comes from a class I was in taught by the lead modeller for Mortal Kombat in 2007, so I can't totally vouch for how accurate it is, but he claimed that to achieve a T rating your game could have blood in it, or it could have inter-gender violence in it, but not both. I believe the second pressing of No Mercy had the blood taken out of it because it would have been too difficult to take out inter-gender violence. So maybe the ESRB has relaxed on that a bit and 2K is just selling it as a bullet point.

Perry Normal posted:

I got Smackdown vs Raw 08 or something for Wii back in the day, holy gently caress that was dire. No specialty matches and so much loving waggling.

I wouldn't expect it to run at 60fps in TV mode, at the very least. If it's not the PS3/360 version updated, I would expect it to have most lighting stuff taken out of it and for the audience to look significantly worse. On the upshot it might load faster. The load times on the PS4 aren't great unless you're using the on-disc wrestlers. It's upwards of 2 minutes for an all custom wrestler tag match.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I could have swore the inter-gender thing was stipulated by the WWE.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Who's getting Fire Pro Wrestling World in 7 hours? Hopefully they have some custom wrestlers ready to download

poo poo I'm retarded should've gone back a page

Still, never played this series before so I've no idea what to expect

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm buying it as soon as it goes up. I haven't ever played an FPW either, but I'm sold on just wanting to have a good non-WWE game.

I'm super excited to crack into the creator, personally

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
poo poo I forgot to ask. Does this game have controller support? I have a 360 one

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Steam says partial controller support so, yes?

Anyone know of a good guide to starting out in FPW? I know there's some for Returns out there but I don't know what changes between each version and what doesn't

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

poo poo I forgot to ask. Does this game have controller support? I have a 360 one

360 and playstation 4? the dev and social media guy were using a playstation controller during their stream

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Kins posted:

I could have swore the inter-gender thing was stipulated by the WWE.
On TV it's a mandate from Mattel, iirc.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

On TV it's a mandate from Mattel, iirc.

I doubt you'll ever see intergender matches in a WWE game again regardless of sponsors. It's just easier to avoid stuff like this

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

I doubt you'll ever see intergender matches in a WWE game again regardless of sponsors. It's just easier to avoid stuff like this

Lol holy poo poo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
For those who enjoy MDickie's Wrestling games but can't stand them, fear not, the man will be back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQ9tTFPMUI

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I can't imagine playing it with a keyboard, it has controller support for xbox/ps4 stuff.

I'm slam buying this poo poo at 9, infinite CAW slots plus eventual mp3 support for entrances will make this poo poo the best game since No Mercy/Fire Pro Returns

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
fire pro is out go buy it on steam

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boco_T posted:

I set a timer 10 hours ago to buy it on Steam I own it now

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Boco_T posted:

yeah

Also they put out a list of known bugs that they're working on.

quote:

The following bugs have been identified at launch. We will try to address them ASAP.
Please use the suggested workarounds in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to your feedback!

Issue 1)
If you are simming a CPU match between multiple players, we recommend that you free up as much bandwidth as possible. If there is too much stress on your system, it may cause the match to de-sync across computers, giving each user different results.

Issue 2)
When making a new edit wrestler, you are able to delete that wrestler even if you haven’t created save data yet. DO NOT DO THIS. It will delete a different edit wrestler. Either save first, then delete, or simply leave the edit screen without saving.

Issue 3)
If you upload a wrestler with multiple outfits to the Workshop, only the first outfit will be uploaded.

Issue 4)
Currently the mouse only functions in the menu Edit Wrestler > Appearance.

Issue 5)
When holding a league match, the names at the top of the card are bugged. (This doesn’t affect the actual match order.)

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Bought. Lets do this poo poo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm watching a stream of it while I wait for Final Fantasy 12 to unlock. It looks rad.

e: It still looks like Returns but like everything is 10x the resolution

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'm doing the mission mode to get used to the game. Have to say I'm liking it a lot so far

e; 360 controller works perfectly too

TwoDogs1Cup fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 11, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first match first time ever playing a fire pro game

nice

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Some of the pre-made wrestlers are amusing to me. The fact that there's one called Ernest Miller and he's a white cage fighter and I can't help but think "That's not The Cat."

Also, they might want to do something about Jamie Wilson's nickname.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Lots of Misawa and Omega on the workshop

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I was really into the No Mercy modding community since the tools were approachable. I might get into it again through Fire Pro

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It looks like the Misawas are part of a collection that Phil Parent and the other Fire Pro Community guys always build to load wrestlers using official moves and logic created by Spike in previous Fire Pro games. So that collection is going to be great.

I can't figure out how to actually get the CAWs into the game, I've never used Steam Workshop before.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Also, A. Bear, who is a bear.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Shingo Takagi on there too. Gonna destroy guys on online and be a total dick about it as is tradition.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Two things...

How do you change CPU to myself in exhibition? It's just simming matches

And how do you get the caws from the workshop to work? I have Omega

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

first match first time ever playing a fire pro game

nice

I'm a child so I laughed at Steel Johnson.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game's great so far! Looking forward to seeing some CAW's appear online because people are much better at that poo poo than I am. I still have no idea what I'm doing but managed to win a match :shobon:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Two things...

And how do you get the caws from the workshop to work? I have Omega

I don't have the game, but on the stream I am watching it looks like CAWs default to the 'Retired' folder and you have to assign them to a promotion?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's hard to see but you have to push left (or right) when you have your fighter selected to go over to CPU and select it. There you can change to P1.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

That'll be a dude from another forum that I post on, he was one of the guys that got early access to the game and was testing out how robust the character creation is. Four different Misawas based off of four different eras of his career with individual movesets and their actual costumes.

Boco_T posted:

It looks like the Misawas are part of a collection that Phil Parent and the other Fire Pro Community guys always build to load wrestlers using official moves and logic created by Spike in previous Fire Pro games. So that collection is going to be great.

Yeah, that's the dude. He's posted some other stuff that he's working on and they look rad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

game is good. the timing for grapples is def a bit "later" than it was for Fire Pro Returns so I had to recalibrate how late to put my commands in. I played Returns recently and the input for that game def let you put your move in earlier.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I can't get my controller to do do gently caress all in FPW. About to refund this bullshit.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Had a 15 minute match which was fun. Didn't know what I was doing for most of it but won with a sick falcon arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Got it loaded up for a little fun. It's that good good Fire Pro style that you know and love, but it feels like it could use more quality of life additions now that it's being developed with PC in mind. Like, you can create a CAW and choose either Blank Canvas or Copy Existing, but if you blank canvas it and want to copy an existing moveset, there doesn't appear to be a way to do it. Also, the controls are reeeallly janky when creating a character or trying to change settings for a match. nothing deal-breaking, but I can definitely see how this is still early access.

Still, it looks like a really promising start and, with some polish and some love, it could be a lot of fun for years to come!

edit: If you subscribe to a CAW, go to Edit Mode > Team Edit and move them from Retired to whatever so you can play with them

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2017