Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Guyfierigoatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh I forgot, there's an easy way to detect if someone is using a xim.....their breath smells like dick

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Easiest way to tell if someone's using a Xim is a bunch of pussies will start complaining about them.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Destiny 2 Console Thread: Preferred Pronoun: Xim

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Easiest way to tell if someone's using a Xim is a bunch of pussies will start complaining about them.

Lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pvp reveal tomorrow. Apparently it's control which makes me think it's the "casual" playlist.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Surprise, it's iron banner control with mayhem mechanics

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Destiny 2 Console Thread: Preferred Pronoun: Xim

Xim and Xur

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Xim/Xur/Xem

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Ew god sorry

How! fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 10, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Pvp reveal tomorrow. Apparently it's control which makes me think it's the "casual" playlist.

supposedly it's a new map-- Endless Vale. No word on if that's going to be on Mercury (as seen in some ship previews) or Io.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would appreciate if we get a female Xur.

Every game needs more waifus.

AAB posted:

supposedly it's a new map-- Endless Vale. No word on if that's going to be on Mercury (as seen in some ship previews) or Io.

I don't know what I was expecting, but It was more than this. Hype level: Currently evaluates to "false", that is true.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 10, 2017

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BlindSite posted:

Gonna be weird with PvP dropped down to 4v4. I wonder if they'll change it to be more like King of the Hill? Seems like a single capture point that moves around the map would be more suited to the lower player count since it will keep the action focused.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Here's your chance to upgrade your bad destiny player to a good destiny player and continue not giving a gently caress about specs

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

White again? Ughhhh. I was holding out, but that'll stand out like a sore thumb in my entertainment center. Guess I'll keep praying for a deal on the standard version.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6mfdoc/ign_first_pvp_reveal/

On mobile and I couldn't find the links outside of reddit but there are sentinel and voidwallker gameplay vids and the control updates + endless vale map tour today.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Notable changes include the following:

Points no longer capture faster if multiple people are standing on them.
You can activate a power play if you capture all points.
Point A and point C begin as captured.
Capture is no longer a two-step process eliminating neutralization. Now you only have to capture the point.
If you capture all the zones you now enter a “power play,” meaning you’ll get even more points per kill.
Matches are now 8 minutes long.
Mercy rule will be enabled, but is still being developed with the beta.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I hate how they've completely eliminated wiping the entire opposing team with a well placed ground pound/nova bomb.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Does it have a destiny logo or at least the scent of Luke Smith's armpits?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

texaholic posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6mfdoc/ign_first_pvp_reveal/

On mobile and I couldn't find the links outside of reddit but there are sentinel and voidwallker gameplay vids and the control updates + endless vale map tour today.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/07/10/destiny-2-endless-veil-and-how-crucible-control-is-changing-ign-first

In bed and sick, here's your link.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

haveblue posted:

Notable changes include the following:

Points no longer capture faster if multiple people are standing on them.
You can activate a power play if you capture all points.
Point A and point C begin as captured.
Capture is no longer a two-step process eliminating neutralization. Now you only have to capture the point.
If you capture all the zones you now enter a “power play,” meaning you’ll get even more points per kill.
Matches are now 8 minutes long.
Mercy rule will be enabled, but is still being developed with the beta.

The capture point flags are transparent if you are close to them, which is a really nice touch

Also blink is back and sentinel looked alot like bladedancer from y1

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I'm the purple lagging titan who will bash shields on raging blueberries.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They also said later in the article that power ammo won't be available straight from the get go like it is in the video, that was a temporary quirk of the build they used.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2 Pvp looks mad gay*

*Not sure which connotation yet

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I think Warlocks/Titans/Hunters will actually have all three subclasses, rather than the two that people theorized, because we've already seen the golden gun and pole dancer Hunters and at the start of this video you can see one use the void shade step ability I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCnFzQTwUc

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SUNKOS posted:

I think Warlocks/Titans/Hunters will actually have all three subclasses, rather than the two that people theorized, because we've already seen the golden gun and pole dancer Hunters and at the start of this video you can see one use the void shade step ability I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCnFzQTwUc

Shade step is the class ability for all hunters now.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Seems like setting up that barrier wall plus the warlock Regen pad is gonna be OP af for control

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Found another gameplay vid, this one showing the sentinel Titan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cVZZR8EGDU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcDVmVfPLA

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Impression:

- If I ever play this bad, please somebody kill me.
- Chunkle after PR person say "You don't need more people to capture faster". He. what a weasel way to twist it.
- I am probably worse than this guys.
- Wait a second, the titan wall stop his own bullets? how dumb is that?
- I could see me playing this, it could be enteirtaining.
- With maps this size, I forese 4 people ragequitting. Is possible for a good player to completely dominate in a way where it would be pointless to respawn.

Hype = Hype * 0.98 + 2.

This PvP is dumb, but could be dumb entertaining. .

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So no mo bubbelZ?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

So no mo bubbelZ?

No, because Overwatch doesn't have them and everyone's copying Overwatch now.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

So no mo bubbelZ?

I'm not going to go searching for the interview, but there was an IGN thing with Luke Smith where he talked about how cool it was that bubbles essentially changed the geometry of maps, and the hilarity of wrongly placed bubbles and that they didn't want to take that away. And there was also a quote floating around that implied that you could respec your Sentinel to drop a traditional Ward.

e Not to mention you straight up see Zavala do it in the opening mission. I'm pretty sure bubbles are in.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

- Wait a second, the titan wall stop his own bullets? how dumb is that?

You can't shoot through Ward of Dawn, I don't see why this would be any different. It's a physical barrier, not a one way mirror.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hell, even a one way mirror is a physical barrier, that analogy doesn't work at all

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

You can't shoot through Ward of Dawn, I don't see why this would be any different. It's a physical barrier, not a one way mirror.

Sounds like a noob trap, if I ever seen one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sold!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Color me surprised. I honestly didn't think they'd bring blink back to the game.

Titan walls are going to be annoying as poo poo. Hunter evade rolls seem pretty underwhelming compared to the other class' abilities, but on the other hand I'll finally (sort of) get my wish of having blink and shadestep on the same class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
They got rid of skating but it looks like the titan jump will still be good for moving short distances quickly. Also, am I wrong or did they trim that titan footage so we never got to see grenades or melee abilities?