Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He doesn't read anything so he wouldn't know if there was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Trump is acting like one of the kids from My Super Sweet Sixteen who is having a breakdown because the Porsche that they got is black instead of red.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

He doesn't read anything so he wouldn't know if there was.

Newt Gingrich told us it isn't what you know, it's how you feel. How does Trump feel about aliens? I'm convinced if Buzz Lightyear from Star Command came and said Mr. President, aliens are attacking us, Trump would just throw a rally and talk about building a wall because he can't tell the difference between aliens and aliens.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Trump and his surrogates are slowly breaking the media. I think they're aging inside like that Marine lieutenant from Terminal Lance.

They've promised themselves and the public to maintain a standard of journalistic professionalism, but their souls are slowly withering away when dealing with bullshit artists like Conway.

Chris even tries to bring back her dumb "if we were in court" comparison, and instead of saying something like "this wouldn't be admissible in court", or something like that, he blurts out "NOT GOOD" like Trump.

The virus is spreading, slowly but consistently.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Waroduce posted:

this is your daily reminder that fox is a propoganda outlet and the 30% of unswayable conservatives live in a really weird bubble

Headling about g20, russia, don jr, or his daughter sitting at the table?

naw bro

peep dis

And, of course, the "report" was a wildly out of context lie from Fox and Friends.
Fox makes up a claim.
Trump tweets it.
Fox reports on Trump as if they didn't start it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ox-news-report/

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Trump and his surrogates are slowly breaking the media. I think they're aging inside like that Marine lieutenant from Terminal Lance.

They've promised themselves and the public to maintain a standard of journalistic professionalism, but their souls are slowly withering away when dealing with bullshit artists like Conway.

Chris even tries to bring back her dumb "if we were in court" comparison, and instead of saying something like "this wouldn't be admissible in court", or something like that, he blurts out "NOT GOOD" like Trump.

The virus is spreading, slowly but consistently.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Uh.

WaPo published out Secretary Mattis's phone number a while back because it was on an aide's post-it note on top of some folders.

A ballsy high school reporter then decided gently caress IT I'LL GIVE CHAOS A RING and Mattis called back. It's a newsy-as-hell interview, as it turns out, with topics like a Mideast Marshall Plan and an expanded foreign exchange student idea, it's interesting.

http://mihsislander.org/2017/06/full-transcript-james-mattis-interview/

quote:

MATTIS: I’ve got to get rolling Teddy. One last question before I’ve got to go back into a meeting?

TEDDY: Out of thousands of calls, why did you respond to this one?

MATTIS: You left a message there and I was going through listening to the messages and deleting them. But you’re from Washington state. I grew up in Washington state on the other side of the mountains there on the Columbia River. I just thought I’d give you a call.

Whenever I can, I try to work with students who are doing research projects. I was at Stanford University for a little over three years after I got out of the Marines before I got surprised by this request I’d come back and be the secretary of defense. So, I’ve always tried to help students because I think we owe it to you young folks to pass on what we learned going down the road so that you can make your own mistakes, not the same ones we made.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

KildarX posted:

Ya'll think Trump is proof the president actually doesn't know something really really spooky like Aliens landing at area 51, there's a cthulu like entity sleeping at the bottom of the ocean, magic exists, etc?

The reality is if any of those existed, Trump wouldn't have a clue because someone who did know would have to brief him. The people who do know won't largely because explaining the intricacies of wingardiem leviosa with enough "Trump"s thrown in would be a gigantic pain in the rear end and gently caress that.

Also we don't have a clue what lurks at the bottom of the ocean. So thats one of those that we don't actually have an answer to. However, some scientists did at least proved that there is the capability for life on Mars in the form of algae living in the massive salt deposits. So little green martians are an actual possibility.

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

WaPo published out Secretary Mattis's phone number a while back because it was on an aide's post-it note on top of some folders.

A ballsy high school reporter then decided gently caress IT I'LL GIVE CHAOS A RING and Mattis called back. It's a newsy-as-hell interview, as it turns out, with topics like a Mideast Marshall Plan and an expanded foreign exchange student idea, it's interesting.

This owns.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Just a reminder, Ken Starr was investigating a real estate deal and ended up with the totally unrelated Monika Lewinsky scandal.

Muller is highly principled, skilled and is totally relentless with an effective mandate to investigate everything. Impeachment is a political process so don't expect Trump to go anywhere, but a lot of underlings are gonna get shredded over the next four years.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

Pro click.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Smiling Jack posted:

Just a reminder, Ken Starr was investigating a real estate deal and ended up with the totally unrelated Monika Lewinsky scandal.

Muller is highly principled, skilled and is totally relentless with an effective mandate to investigate everything. Impeachment is a political process so don't expect Trump to go anywhere, but a lot of underlings are gonna get shredded over the next four years.

There will be blood.

:getin:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

gently caress Matthis really does own

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

seriously pro click.

Laughing about how he has nothing but praise for Hillary Clinton though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress Matthis really does own

How many people got to go away for us to get the president we are not worthy of.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

How many people got to go away for us to get the president we are not worthy of.

~325 million plus some Russians.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

What's up with the formatting? It looks in some spots like Mattis' answers are being clipped into the student's questions.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

*Sigh*
I slowly slide my katana from its sheath.
It's gonna be a long day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still remain confident that the first MoH that Trump has to award, Mattis will impale the decorative hate squash with a ceremonial marine sword if he goes off message and rambles about fake news or something.

It'll be like that scene in Kingdom of Heaven with the ice. Marine honor guard just gonna pop the sword out of the sheath.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Doesn't all the Mueller stuff rely on Trump never figuring out he can just pardon everyone? It's not like congressional republicans won't protect him if he does.

The funniest thing is it's very possible Trump doesn't figure that out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I did not give the medal...to you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

I still remain confident that the first MoH that Trump has to award, Mattis will impale the decorative hate squash with a ceremonial marine sword if he goes off message and rambles about fake news or something.

It'll be like that scene in Kingdom of Heaven with the ice. Marine honor guard just gonna pop the sword out of the sheath.

"You know I got a Purple Heart right? They gave me one. Just like the people gave me this Presidency, that the fake news will tell you I lost the popular vote by 3 million but won't report about Hillary sabotaging Bernie's campaign. But yeah I got a Purple Heart. This was a little bit before I won the largest electoral college victory in the last 20 years."

My grammar is way too good to impersonate Trump. Although I feel like if you wanted to get an end of deployment Medal of Honor, this would be the president to get to sign off on it.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 10, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Smiling Jack posted:

Yeah, after reading a bit about him and his dream team if they could not come up with something conclusive and actionable I'd say gently caress it, there's not enough evidence here and let the whole thing go as an embarrassing part of history.

That being said having read up on some of these guys if Trump so much as thought about farting in a crowded elevator at one stage they'll nail him to the wall with it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zeris posted:

What's up with the formatting? It looks in some spots like Mattis' answers are being clipped into the student's questions.

I think the intent was to spotlight the notable quotes, but the formatting doesn't work right on mobile (at a minimum). Sort of like when a notable sentence is pulled from a long rant as a preview to the answer in the article.

I mean, it's still a high school paper and a high school website. Sort of jarring to remember that, considering the quality of the interview is so high.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wonder if he'll ever argue that as CIC he's technically in the military and eligible for medals.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

facialimpediment posted:

I think the intent was to spotlight the notable quotes, but the formatting doesn't work right on mobile (at a minimum). Sort of like when a notable sentence is pulled from a long rant as a preview to the answer in the article.

I mean, it's still a high school paper and a high school website. Sort of jarring to remember that, considering the quality of the interview is so high.

From the 'how we got the interview' article:

quote:

“I’d like to begin by asking some questions directed to our high school audience,” Teddy said. Mattis’ response set the tone for the rest of the interview.

“I speak the same to high schoolers, college grads, or congressmen,” he said. “I’ve found high schoolers to be plenty bright.”

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

not caring here posted:

Yeah, after reading a bit about him and his dream team if they could not come up with something conclusive and actionable I'd say gently caress it, there's not enough evidence here and let the whole thing go as an embarrassing part of history.

That being said having read up on some of these guys if Trump so much as thought about farting in a crowded elevator at one stage they'll nail him to the wall with it.

Yeah, that's been my stance on it. There's smoke for sure, but if Mueller comes out and says there's no fire, it'll be a bitter pill to swallow but I trust that news coming from him.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I wonder if he'll ever argue that as CIC he's technically in the military and eligible for medals.

As soon as he realizes this he will look like a 3rd world dictator whose clothes you can't see under the layer of meaningless medals.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, that's been my stance on it. There's smoke for sure, but if Mueller comes out and says there's no fire, it'll be a bitter pill to swallow but I trust that news coming from him.

I think federal prosecutors could get conspiracy and money laundering indictments on a nunnery so if Trump's clean I'll know for sure I've actually been on a coma this past year.

Trump's entire business model was marketing tacky condos to foreign criminals and conning Americans, and that's before he jumped into politics with the Vladimir Putin fan club.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Handsome Ralph posted:

if Mueller comes out and says there's no fire, it'll be a bitter pill to swallow but I trust that news coming from him.

yeah it'd be hard not to, especially with his team of legal monstars ready to destroy bugs bunny

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cruz's Freedom Crazies are out with their debt ceiling negotiation points and hoo boy are they some doozies. In typical fashion the starting point is bug gently caress insanity, and if they don't get what they want the other proposals just go further down the rabbit hole.

The starting point is "you get this ceiling raise, and from here on out the federal government must firesale assets to cover debts" which is onion layers of loving terrible and destructive results to peel through until you find the next thing it would destroy.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

But Kansas and Louisiana are doing so well

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

As soon as he realizes this he will look like a 3rd world dictator whose clothes you can't see under the layer of meaningless medals.
That would be too much weight. Fatty's battery will run out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/884497331835604992

:lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The innocent don't need lawyers, right?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so wait is this a big deal? ive been very unplugged since george came

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

For what it's worth, nzs major newspaper ran a "College Herald" for a while where they would pick and choose the best articles from across the country and publish them.
In general, they were better written and researched than the actual Herald.
High schoolers don't have editors dictating to them and if they are doing it at all, it's because they want to, so they do their best with it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Cruz's Freedom Crazies are out with their debt ceiling negotiation points and hoo boy are they some doozies. In typical fashion the starting point is bug gently caress insanity, and if they don't get what they want the other proposals just go further down the rabbit hole.

The starting point is "you get this ceiling raise, and from here on out the federal government must firesale assets to cover debts" which is onion layers of loving terrible and destructive results to peel through until you find the next thing it would destroy.

The only thing scarier than the debt ceiling stuff is global warming. Freedom caucus types don't believe in finance or economics, and hate compromise. And mainstream reps would rather work with them than any dems. All the ingredients for an impasse are there, especially because few of them realize how important it is.

Hope the banks feel good about their lobbying dollars paying for these crazies when they go under and the economy melts down.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe the people we owe can repo a few states. As far as internal debt, I dunno.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Sell Alaska back to the Russkies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

Sell Alaska back to the Russkies.
The land is nice. Sell the Alasken people into slavery.

• Locked thread