Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I love that all the centrists slobbered over Macron as a way to deflect from Corbyn winning and, oopsie-doopsie, looks like he's a racist monarchist!

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/884463860736028672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thom and the Heads posted:

"Before he was Shakespeare, he was.....

WILL"

lmao

ha in the promos the actor calls Will the original punk rock hippie

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

Then it'll be that. It's gonna be something because the last 8 years of the Republican party has been a story of anybody not willing to destroy the country for tax breaks to the rich getting kicked out and replaced with someone who is, and this agenda that hinges on ACA being nuked is an enormous loving payday for the <1000 people who have been buying the loyalty and elections of these fuckwits for years

I don't disagree. There is an existential amount of pressure on the party from the donor class to cut taxes significantly.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Quick question -- doesn't the Senate version have to pass the house again?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

Oh it's passing, even if it means they have to just straight up repeal and not replace anything so that people will be forced to accept whatever scraps they give them

ehf I respect most of your points here but you may be overlooking the not insignificant fact that Collins really really likes being a senator and is staring down the barrel of a shotgun the hfc has its trigger finger on

they may be able to follow McConnell's marching orders to a T (who is all in 100% scheming evil given turtle flesh) but if they think it'll cost them their jobs they won't pour their necks out for this piece of trash no matter how much pork mitch flaunts

nothing matters lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Feldegast42 posted:

yes

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/884402524933021696

for press sec

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Listening btb, a really great album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFCZP1Nz3Ds

1:53 has a pretty great shot too

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

This article is very good, but one section made me ???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.a7b0ef9dac8d

WTF is a Benghazi playbook? Is he suggesting the Sanders are being persecuted like he persecuted Clinton along with the entire GOP last year over something she did nothing wrong?

Investigate something endlessly as little more than a smear campaign.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm a cuckold for the Zuckold!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

ehf I respect most of your points here but you may be overlooking the not insignificant fact that Collins really really likes being a senator and is staring down the barrel of a shotgun the hfc has its trigger finger on

they may be able to follow McConnell's marching orders to a T (who is all in 100% scheming evil given turtle flesh) but if they think it'll cost them their jobs they won't pour their necks out for this piece of trash no matter how much pork mitch flaunts

it's also worth noting that Sandoval is giving Heller a whole ton of cover on being against the bill rn. McConnell's ability to influence Sandoval is basically 0.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/884468654385004544

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Reminds me of the Diane Lane singing in Streets of Fire

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

I don't disagree. There is an existential amount of pressure on the party from the donor class to cut taxes significantly.

have the rich paid their 2016 taxes yet or are they *still* holding out?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

nothing matters lol

McConnell has $200 billion to buy the votes of these types and every single one of them has a price

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Plenty of Bernie supporters did.

:rolleyes:

enjoy following chelsea on twitter I guess

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

yeah but the rock isn't TRUMP

:owned:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

have the rich paid their 2016 taxes yet or are they *still* holding out?

still holding out mostly.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

I love that all the centrists slobbered over Macron as a way to deflect from Corbyn winning and, oopsie-doopsie, looks like he's a racist monarchist!

Still preferable to the Nazi.

Wish I didn't have to keep saying that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Feldegast42 posted:

Yup, they negotiate the final bill and them put it before the house. Suicide caucus has said they will vote against anything that comes back that's been changed from the house version but I'd rather my life wasn't dependent on a group of bigoted lunatics

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

u can file an extension until october and that's just step 1

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

You'd think mister techno would be more aware of what you're not supposed to say.

If only we'd gotten Melenchon. :sigh:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

john dingell is a national treasure

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Joementum posted:

lol what a complete piece of poo poo. like, what a Jupiter-sized piece of poo poo.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

McConnell has $200 billion to buy the votes of these types and every single one of them has a price

the big thing here is that some prices might actually be steeper than 200b, which is why the bill hasn't come up to vote yet.

also they need at least some of those savings for tax reform theoretically, but lmao if u think tax reform is going to be anything but a flat couple of percentage points sunsetted after 10 years

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

Whoa a French guy is racist?

*monocle pop into orbit*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also they know that if they DO vote and are seen to have killed it, they have the smoke screen Benghazi brigade after them and Trump and his PACs will fund their primary opponents

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

would you also say...everybody's gotta pay?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

lolol

:jackbud:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I grew up being pretty sure wrestling was fake but that Mankind/Undertaker Hell in a Cell match made it extremely loving real

Foley would prob. be in support of single-payer I think, so...Foley 2020

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Flake v Trumpite in 2018 is gonna be a barn burner.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hahaha I hope everyone that ever gave Megyn Kelly money because mean ole Trump made her mad gets fired

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

how is a fossil like john dingell so drat good at this platform the millennials invented

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/bax_books/status/884470651775352832

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

WarMECH posted:

how is a fossil like john dingell so drat good at this platform the millennials invented

he punched a lot of nazis growing up

let that be a lesson to the rest of us

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

would you also say...everybody's gotta pay?

Everybody making under 250k at least

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah they're gonna get to bluster and say they dont support it so they can get some good soundbites then they'll get $5b tossed their way for community centers or some poo poo and WELP IT WAS THE BEST DEAL WE COULD GET

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I grew up being pretty sure wrestling was fake but that Mankind/Undertaker Hell in a Cell match made it extremely loving real

Foley would prob. be in support of single-payer I think, so...Foley 2020

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yl3k4c/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-gaywatch---peter-vadala---william-phillips

rock n sock connection 2020 who says no

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Plenty of Bernie supporters did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

Corbyn winning