Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Wildstar probably has a future due to NCSoft funding a new project from Carbine. It may not be a profitable or successful future, but itll probably stick around on life support all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

super sweet best pal posted:

We should get in on that, get sponsors for goon guilds.

Following the Eve model the Goon Guide Leader would run off with the cash.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

BexGu posted:

Following the Eve model the Goon Guide Leader would run off with the cash.

And then goons would continuously fax his nudes to his workplace.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

CoffeeBooze posted:

I wondering how many screaming fits and meltdown they had during those 453 attempts.

In fairness, probably a good half of those attempts are just feeling out the mechanics. For Fallen Avatar in particular, the way the fight works means you can transition to phase 2 without actually having a prayer of killing him, just to practice the phase 2 mechanics.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I never looked into Firefall because I thought it was a Starcraft fan project (lovely MMO clone) due to the font. Kinda like how people would mod Diablo into Warcraft 3.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is there a guide on how to get Rainbowmage and ACT installed and working? I'm curious how poo poo at DPS I am.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kuai posted:

Is there a guide on how to get Rainbowmage and ACT installed and working? I'm curious how poo poo at DPS I am.

Im assuming that you actually meant to post this on a real MMOs thread and not one that is mostly inside a grave right now

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Man I'd kill for some long form expose, documentary film about how the disaster named wildstar went down.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyRealMangoVoteNay

please do not become a raider, goons

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Minrad posted:

raiding is fine, you can clear the raids in 2 hours fine. Never mythic raid tho. Its like the difference between weed and injecting pcp into your dick.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Byolante posted:

raiding is fine, you can clear the raids in 2 hours fine. Never mythic raid tho. Its like the difference between weed and injecting pcp into your dick.

You make it sound awesome

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Byolante posted:

yeah, I should have specified

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Azubah posted:

I never looked into Firefall because I thought it was a Starcraft fan project (lovely MMO clone) due to the font. Kinda like how people would mod Diablo into Warcraft 3.

It had huge potential that was hosed up by an idiotic focus on ESPORTS midway through development, lovely support for the servers that made most players lag like hell at even a slight load on the server, a blatant number of cash grab mechanics that hosed you over (and at several points literally lead to them wiping accounts for more cash), and them literally abandoning their cool as poo poo original design to try to rework the game into a sort of pseudo-theme park from the dynamic warzone it was supposed to be.

TL;DR: Firefall is basically lost_potential.txt and they'd fit right in on the Wildstar team.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
nvm

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Azubah posted:

It had a great core gameplay loop, like an open world co-op Tribes game. I loved the movement and a lot of the little touches like vehicles. But the company was a giant flaming pile of garbage and could not get it together long enough to pick a direction. Every year after the initial alpha they'd relaunch the game with a completely new direction- esports, wow-clone, open world pvp, progression raiding- and each change broke half of the existing mechanics and introduced a bunch of new half-assed ones. Their top brass were all ex-Blizzard devs and they more or less ran the project into the ground while spending on outrageous bullshit like Weird Al music videos and fully tricked out LAN party buses. The final hail-Mary came when the CEO brought in a bunch of chinese investors who proceeded to fire him, gut the company, and shut the whole thing down.

So basically a microcosm of MMO's in general.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sarsapariller posted:

The final hail-Mary came when the CEO brought in a bunch of chinese investors who proceeded to fire him, gut the company, and shut the whole thing down.

But they're working on a mobile version of Firefall, guys! And you'll be reward greatly if it ever comes into existence!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its okay, the initial CEO of Firefall or whatever that was fired is asking for money to do it again.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Kern is a sad joke and by now even the idiots that worship anyone who "stands up" to the scary corrupt modern gaming industry seem to have caugh on to his bullshit

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Minrad posted:

Jesus, this guys going to be eating a divorce. "Oh my baby is crying VIDEO GAME BITCH."

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The last US progression wow raiding guild shuttered after most of their raid core were banned for RMT dungeon/raid carries. The is now only AFKR, Method and Exorsus left contesting wow raiding.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Jesus, this guys going to be eating a divorce. "Oh my baby is crying VIDEO GAME BITCH."

Well it will be a great e/n post

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Minrad posted:

kill all raiders

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress that nerd

edit; wait someone made that mistake already

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I actually re-downloaded this and played a new character for about an hour last night. It really bums me out it ended up being absolutely terrible because the combat and movement was really pretty fun early on.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Byolante posted:

The last US progression wow raiding guild shuttered after most of their raid core were banned for RMT dungeon/raid carries. The is now only AFKR, Method and Exorsus left contesting wow raiding.

Now is your chance, Invective! NOW IS YOUR CHANCE

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Byolante posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea world first races had gotten so small.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

The reason you didn't realize is that no rational human being cares enough to pay attention to who killed the orky mans first.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Harrow posted:

Plenty of guilds still raid difficult content. There are currently around 35 guilds stuck on the 8th boss and well over 2000 guilds have at least killed something in the new raid on the highest difficulty. A full fifteen thousand guilds have killed at least something on the difficulty below that.

This raid is supposed to last us 5-7 months. Most people out there are not capable of, do not have the time to, or simply do not wish to burn through the whole drat thing in three weeks. I've been in top-level guilds before and I'd just... yeah I'd really rather not. We got plenty of time.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Harrow posted:

Since I posted that a Chinese guild went 8/9 after 834 attempts on fallen avatar. both method and exorsus have up on kj because it wasn't tested and is consequently impossible to kill currently.the sheer difference in time and play skill between 7/9 and 8/9 is probably the largest it has ever been in wow. The sad part is limit aren't the only guild doing what they get banned for but method and exorsus are too big a deal to outright kill like they did to limit.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Byolante posted:

Since I posted that a Chinese guild went 8/9 after 834 attempts on fallen avatar. both method and exorsus have up on kj because it wasn't tested and is consequently impossible to kill currently.the sheer difference in time and play skill between 7/9 and 8/9 is probably the largest it has ever been in wow. The sad part is limit aren't the only guild doing what they get banned for but method and exorsus are too big a deal to outright kill like they did to limit.

It would be super easy to catch them. They just need to pose as a buyer and ban everyone who participates. But I'm sure the higher ups don't need the fiasco of all the top guilds being banned.

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

Byolante posted:

both method and exorsus have up on kj

Assuming you meant that they'd given up - source? That would be hilarious. I saw the complaining about being beta testers but not this.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crumpet posted:

Assuming you meant that they'd given up - source? That would be hilarious. I saw the complaining about being beta testers but not this.

It was mentioned on stream from one of the method people. The gave up until the reset because all the boss timers were off and the number targets were too high for the gear they had.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002
Yo, will this game get an expansion?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Yes, what else would Carbine be working on?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Cupcake recipes?

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

Yes, what else would Carbine be working on?

A game that's actually good? After Wildstar that's dubious, but you never know.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wildstar MOBA

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zil posted:

Wildstar MOBA

I mean this already is out and has city of heroes and guild wars characters in it too

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Plankton posted:

I mean this already is out and has city of heroes and guild wars characters in it too

And sets new standards for gouging the player base with IAPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Crumpet posted:

A game that's actually good? After Wildstar that's dubious, but you never know.

As ridiculous as it may sound, once whatever it is they are working on gets announced I will probably at least give it a look. Wildstar had some pretty solid aspects to it that were utterly buried under incompetent management and hostile design. A lot of the people responsible for the bad stuff have fallen upwards into positions at other companies and the people left have probably learned a whole lot from the experience.

• Locked thread