Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I'm just glad we finally got back to Bill Hastings after not seeing him for 7 hours. I did find it strange they just threw in "Oh yeah and his assistant's car blew up a few days ago." She was the one with the coordinates, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not going to lie, when Dougie focused in on that woman's shoes and the electrical socket, I thought to myself ...

That fuckin' goon is right. Coop needs to get his shoes back.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hawk is going to go in the lodge and get the shoes, which are missing

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So is Diane... bad?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love how Diane sits on that couch, she's always been cool and I don't care if she's bad now

So, uh, why are the country assassins in so much love with coop?

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugh, Tammy's actress is really not good. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't paired with the strongest actors in the show all the time.

I'm not sure if she's bad, or if Lynch just told her to do what she's doing. You never know with him. If she's supposed to be that awkward then her bad acting would make sense. In a former life I sometimes directed stage plays and to me she comes across like a kid on the stage in front of an audience for the first time.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Little Mac posted:

So is Diane... bad?
I really couldn't get a read on that scene. She appeared to be fumbling with her "blocked" phone on the plane, as if she was anticipating a message. She also didn't seem perturbed when it did arrive. No clue if it's what it seems and Bad Coop just texted her, or if she intercepted it or what.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Cromulent posted:

I really couldn't get a read on that scene. She appeared to be fumbling with her "blocked" phone on the plane, as if she was anticipating a message. She also didn't seem perturbed when it did arrive. No clue if it's what it seems and Bad Coop just texted her, or if she intercepted it or what.

Maybe she's a dopple-diane and the real diane is hiding out in the White Lodge. Shaggy did say that there were many people in there with the Major.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, the way I see it she's either in some form of cahoots with Dopplecoop, or she's somehow been doing her own investigation of Coop all this time.

Who knows, though. I'm happy to wait and see.

e: mb she's some weird lodge sleeper agent without fully knowing. We still have no idea what happened when Coop/BOB visited her 25 years back.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

esperterra posted:

We still have no idea what happened when Coop/BOB visited her 25 years back.
If that Diane is in cahoots with Bad Cooper, it makes that scene interesting in retrospect because it was presumably all a show for Cole/Albert etc.

Also, Chad was eating two different microwave meals for lunch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought Diane seemed a little unnerved about receiving the message, although definitely not as much as I would have expected.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugh, Tammy's actress is really not good. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't paired with the strongest actors in the show all the time.

When I saw Starship Troopers for the first time I thought Denise Richards was either the best or worst actress I'd ever seen. Her performance was just so weird.

Obviously time has told the tale on that account, but I'm getting a similar vibe from Chrysta Bell this season. But with a hint of more intentionality.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

esperterra posted:

Not going to lie, when Dougie focused in on that woman's shoes and the electrical socket, I thought to myself ...

That fuckin' goon is right. Coop needs to get his shoes back.

I thought the same thing

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe the lodge should add some security and not let any old dolt stumble in there

Gotta find a way to shut this all down until we can figure out what the hell is going on

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

regulargonzalez posted:

When I saw Starship Troopers for the first time I thought Denise Richards was either the best or worst actress I'd ever seen. Her performance was just so weird.

Obviously time has told the tale on that account, but I'm getting a similar vibe from Chrysta Bell this season. But with a hint of more intentionality.

While it kind of seems intentional, I also find it really distracting. Like, during that long take with Gordon and Diane, I couldn't properly focus on them because of Tammy's wiggling hips.

Basically:

Mad Wack posted:

get special agent hips a fidget spinner

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

And More posted:

While it kind of seems intentional, I also find it really distracting. Like, during that long take with Gordon and Diane, I couldn't properly focus on them because of Tammy's wiggling hips.

Basically:

I noticed she was the only one not leaning against the wall. If I were in that situation I'd probably be awkwardly trying to stand comfortably, too.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Tammy feels like Annie stuck in intense investigator mode on Community, but not played for laughs.

That said, I don't mind her and it's nice to see her doing stuff now.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 10, 2017

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Episode was fantastic, loved every single thing

Bringing it back to the roadhouse to play us off with a song is really great. Its almost 4th wall breaking, the TV show is aware of us.

That website is pure frost, which is cool! You can feel what things are lynchian and what things are frosty.

No weird windows on the FBI plane this time, I really wonder if that was intentional or just a CGI fuckup that lynch then was like "NOO, WE'RE KEEPING THAT"

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
that sky ferreira armpit scene is so fascinatingly uncomfortable.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Escobarbarian posted:

I thought Diane seemed a little unnerved about receiving the message, although definitely not as much as I would have expected.

The message came from "Unknown," so maybe she doesn't even know what to make of it yet.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Chinook posted:

The message came from "Unknown," so maybe she doesn't even know what to make of it yet.

It came from Unknown because it was made on a burner phone so I think she probably knows the context of the message.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The new episode of Twin Peaks was good to watch. I liked it. Can't believe we are halfway through the new Twin Peaks, but also I can't believe we are only halfway through the new Twin Peaks.

Albert and the comedian morgue worker are in there falling in love while Gordon and Diane share a smoke and an anecdote.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Ingmar terdman posted:

The new episode of Twin Peaks was good to watch. I liked it. Can't believe we are halfway through the new Twin Peaks, but also I can't believe we are only halfway through the new Twin Peaks.

Albert and the comedian morgue worker are in there falling in love while Gordon and Diane share a smoke and an anecdote.

It's really sad Miguel Ferrer died. He's been terrific in the new season.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did it bother anyone else that major Briggs waxes his bikini area?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Trying to remember how many jobs/activities Laura had. Off the top of the dome I remember:

*High school student/homecoming queen
*Meals on Wheels
*Storytime diary hangouts with the shutin that grows flowers
*Helping Josie with English
*Helping Johnny Horne
*Friendship and hangout time with Donna
*Relationships with Bobby and James
*Therapy and tape-making with Jacoby
*Scoring drugs
*Working at One Eyed Jack's/working for Jacques
*Not washing her hands

Am I missing anything? With extracurriculars like that she would have been the star of every college admissions board in Pacific Northwest.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Laura also had a beautiful screaming voice

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
can we take a second to appreciate the most twin peaks thing to happen this week: the ringing metal tube that bobby opens.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

an inanimate carbon rod!

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
In rod we trust!

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

can we take a second to appreciate the most twin peaks thing to happen this week: the ringing metal tube that bobby opens.

The sheer joy on his face when he knew how to open it was incredible. :allears:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah bobby is really great now :3:

hes such an rear end in a top hat kid its hilarious

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I'm hoping source of the ringing is a second vibrating inanimate carbon rod secretly hidden in Ben Horne's office.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

DevCore posted:

I'm hoping source of the ringing is a second vibrating inanimate carbon rod secretly hidden in Ben Horne's office.

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Trying to remember how many jobs/activities Laura had. Off the top of the dome I remember:

*High school student/homecoming queen
*Meals on Wheels
*Storytime diary hangouts with the shutin that grows flowers
*Helping Josie with English
*Helping Johnny Horne
*Friendship and hangout time with Donna
*Relationships with Bobby and James
*Therapy and tape-making with Jacoby
*Scoring drugs
*Working at One Eyed Jack's/working for Jacques
*Not washing her hands

Am I missing anything? With extracurriculars like that she would have been the star of every college admissions board in Pacific Northwest.

Presumably she also did actual work at the Perfume counter?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

He probably assumes the ringing noise is a nanny cam. He's been burned too many times.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Chinook posted:

He probably assumes the ringing noise is a nanny cam. He's been burned too many times.

Maybe that's his conscious screaming so loud it's now audible to other people.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TheMaestroso posted:

yeah, that was a weird HELL YEAH moment.

Ben being a good guy is neat as hell

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im super interested in madine

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and doctor jacoby

also wtf @ jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
bobby throwing the scroll holder was the tibetan rock throwing of the return and i loving loved it