Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Dralun posted:

How big a difference in base stats is there between 2 pip dungeon and 3 pip regular? Enough to make a difference? I'm assuming dungeon stuff doesn't drop with 3 pips.

Dungeon stuff does drop with 3 pips.

The difference is significant enough that if you want to do endgame stuff, you want 3 pips but it won't hurt you too much for storymode.

Weapons do not get signets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Take it from him, what with making 100,000 marks off a 3 pip dungeon ring.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I've done I think 8 or 9 dungeon runs so far and seen a single 2-pip. I am terribly unlucky.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That's actually not too bad I've done like 50 or more and only have three of them.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Morglon posted:

It is purple. No slot.

The cache weapons don't have signet slots. It's pretty loving dumb.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

The cache weapons don't have signet slots. It's pretty loving dumb.

Yes it does. I see it right there. It has an innate signet. Same with all the named dungeon gear.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Yes it does. I see it right there. It has an innate signet. Same with all the named dungeon gear.

Nope, named dungeon talismans still get signets. Not sure about weapons, but talismans do for sure.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 10, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Nope, named dungeon talismans still get signets. Not sure about weapons, but talismans do not.

Which is it

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Drinkfist posted:

Which is it

Ha! Fixed.

Talismans = signet, regardless of affix.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Ah yes but who's on first

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I don't care who is right but I hate all of you.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Got a regular ol' Sam Krieg up in here.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Tanked my first Elite 1 dungeon. It was doable with the gear you see me with.

Also I put all the stuff I got from the single run in a bag as you can also see. The Elite dungeons give you an item and distillate every box you open. The green distills are 400xp and the blue one is 500xp. So now that they got it all 50/50 in the story dungeons its better to run the Elites for Distillates and some degree of challenge over the story snooze cruise.

I am gonna ballpark About 200-250 Item power before I can go tanking Lairs without gimmicks and a standard 5 man group.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Make your mind up, goons. Is it The Awful Order or Make Agartha Great Again for goon clan?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Don't trust the bee in apt 23.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Weapons DO have signets: that's what the named affixes are. That's all the weapon signets for now, but expect some form of droppable replacement eventually (probably to make up for the inevitable "energy is too good" complaints).

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

Make your mind up, goons. Is it The Awful Order or Make Agartha Great Again for goon clan?

Too late I already changed it to "The EDF Deploys".

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kokoro Wish posted:

MAGA is the general goon clan.

The Awful Order is... I'm not really sure. A more specific goon clan I suppose.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kokoro Wish posted:

Says me, who hasn't even bothered to ask for a guild invite yet.
(and won't until I'm done with the main story)

Due to timezone issues and my casual approach to playing it's possible I wouldn't notice a difference anyway :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

What kind of healer doesn't have a cleanse? Purges and Cleanses are super important. I did see that the Regeneration cleanse is not working but the ability is still the most powerful elite skill in the game hands down. With Regeneration you can clear everything in the game without issue. Hell I soloed four of the region bosses and a handful of lair mobs because of it.

I don't know what ability you're talking about post the name Drinkfist.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

I like both

you are welcome

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
When should the ARG rewards appear this week? I did the thing today so it should not yet be down.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Have a code for the arg sword, game doesn't catch my interest.

5WHBKA36K737TRNM

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Ataxerxes posted:

When should the ARG rewards appear this week? I did the thing today so it should not yet be down.

They said another wave would come out this week so expect it maybe by the end of the week, maybe in a few weeks, or maybe never. :iiam:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Whats your advice goons? Should I invest AP into more mastery for 2 weapons I use now (chaos, pistols) or start unlocking elementalism? Generally is it feasible to even go for third weapon if I decide I want to play pistols+ele?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You can fill out the better part of three weapons just from leveling at this point. Don't worry about how you spend your AP too much (although avoid capstones for now), it's the SP you need to spend more wisely. Focus on getting at least one of your existing weapons the passives it needs before you branch out.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Get all the weapon capstones for more dressup trash

Serf
May 5, 2011

Unless you already have the outfits from TSW like me. Kinda a bummer that you only get a small stat boost for the investment then.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I think they give additional costume when you reach mastery. At least I don't think I've seen them in TSW. Thanks for your advice.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Shambala being down is just the worst. Where am I supposed to get shards now? :/

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Farm lockboxes for cash!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Shambala being down is just the worst. Where am I supposed to get shards now? :/

Seriously. I've been queueing and then playing PlayStation. Sweet sweet shards whether we win or lose.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

How many shards is Shambala?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

A bit over 1000, maybe even as high as 1250.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Since I'm not particularly liking Egypt so far, I figured I'll just tear through the story quest to get it over and done with. Well, apparently the Black Sun Red Sand questline got some major changes so at this point any of the walkthroughs or hint sites are outdated. Does anyone know of where there might be something more updated or I just accept I'm going to be stuck in this cellar for a while?

M_Sinistrari fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 11, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Since I'm not particularly liking Egypt so far, I figured I'll just tear through the story quest to get it over and done with. Well, apparently the Black Sun Red Sand questline got some major changes so at this point any of the walkthroughs or hint sites are outdated. Does anyone know of where there might be something more updated or I just accept I'm going to be stuck in this cellar for a while?

Huh? What cellar are you stuck in? I managed to get through egypt using old walkthrough (The statue one was a bit annoying).

Are you punching people in the face?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Exmond posted:

Huh? What cellar are you stuck in? I managed to get through egypt using old walkthrough (The statue one was a bit annoying).

Are you punching people in the face?

The butcher shop. I've come close to navigating what looks like the first room filled with lasers and motion detectors, and after Horror Show in Kingsmouth, I've come to absolutely loathe motion detectors. I'm figuring part is having to duck into the middle of the room, but I get tagged too fast to test it. I just need a rough idea on a path and I should be good to go.

Besides, I'm a gunslinger so it's shooting people in the face rather than punching them.

M_Sinistrari fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 11, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The changes to Egypt were to quest flow and sequencing, not content. All of the old walkthroughs still work from what I can tell.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

To Drinkfist, with love:

It's not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Amante posted:

The changes to Egypt were to quest flow and sequencing, not content. All of the old walkthroughs still work from what I can tell.

I'm in part 6 of the storyline. I haven't been sent yet to go after the archaeologists and was sent after Said. I don't know if that was from something else, but it's part of the storyline now.

M_Sinistrari fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 11, 2017